• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I almost had a heart attack when I looked at Gamexplain's video list this morning. I went to bed knowing that a Nintendo Direct was coming later this week and I woke up to see THREE videos on Cat :4mario: and Cat :4peach: .
I was Terrified that they had been announced for Sm4sh DLC!!!

thankfully they are just Mario Maker costumes.
That would be kinda funny considering the example character they chose for the Ballot in the Nintendo Direct that announced it was Cat Mario xD

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Are you fur real?

Pink Gold Peach is a catastrophic choice for Smash...
Don't worry, I'm just Kitten around!

That would be kinda funny considering the example character they chose for the Ballot in the Nintendo Direct that announced it was Cat Mario xD
Funny enough, that is exactly what I thought of when I saw the pictures. That would have been the ultimate troll!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so we have had two characters in the works since before Mewtwo released that we know nothing about yet. We have a third character who's been worked on sometime within the last two months as evidenced by the inclusion of an extra character data slot following last month's update.

My speculation is two newcomers, possibly with unique mechanics and/or 3rd-parties (Inklings with an ink mechanic/Shovel Knight/King K. Rool), and one semi-clone vet/newcomer who doesn't require a lot of time to develop compared relatively (Wolf/Dixie Kong).

I can see Inklings, Shovel Knight, and Wolf being released (Shovel Knight deal would have to be made well in advance, Inklings for popularity and semi-promotional reasons especially so as time went on, and Wolf due to being an extremely popular veteran who wouldn't take that long to make comparatively), with indications that more characters are still coming without being specific as to who or when (K. Rool would have to be one for his popularity, and with how much Nintendo is promoting Yo-Kai Watch in Japan and NA I can easily see Jibanyan making it in as well due to being highly recognizable and especially popular from a popular game in Japan).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We can't be going nuts already can we? If there's no Smash stuff it's not the end of the world.

I'd be excited even if it's just another lot of mii costumes.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
What the **** is wrong with this company.

This is an article by Nintendo Life which talks about a company that did really bad and illegal stuff relating to Gangs in Japan. Now, this was mostly 20 years ago and everything has practically changed then. It's still really sick to see a company do this stuff and these type of business practices.

They didn't actually supply the company's actual name for legal reasons I assume, but it's probably for the better.
Although, a lot of speculation and research points to Sega possibly being this mysterious company. It's not confirmed, but is a real possibility.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Okay, so we have had two characters in the works since before Mewtwo released that we know nothing about yet. We have a third character who's been worked on sometime within the last two months as evidenced by the inclusion of an extra character data slot following last month's update.

My speculation is two newcomers, possibly with unique mechanics and/or 3rd-parties (Inklings with an ink mechanic/Shovel Knight/King K. Rool), and one semi-clone vet/newcomer who doesn't require a lot of time to develop compared relatively (Wolf/Dixie Kong).

I can see Inklings, Shovel Knight, and Wolf being released (Shovel Knight deal would have to be made well in advance, Inklings for popularity and semi-promotional reasons especially so as time went on, and Wolf due to being an extremely popular veteran who wouldn't take that long to make comparatively), with indications that more characters are still coming without being specific as to who or when (K. Rool would have to be one for his popularity, and with how much Nintendo is promoting Yo-Kai Watch in Japan and NA I can easily see Jibanyan making it in as well due to being highly recognizable and especially popular from a popular game in Japan).
Jibanyan Vs. Pikachu, battle of the monster-capture mascots... Interesting.

Seems like giving even more attention to a direct competitor to one of Nintendo's top grossing franchises would be risky, but marketing theories have yet to pay off (and that's exactly what Nintendo is currently doing anyway) so that's not a valid point against him.

In the end, I think that Jibanyan would have to pass the 'Inkling' test. What I mean by this is if Inklings get in, they will set the precedent that very recent characters can get in provided their popularity survives the 'fad phase' and shows little doubt of losing fan favor over a long period of time. Right now, Yo-Kai's a fad. If it's still just as popular in six months and a character as recent as Inklings make it in, then Jibanyan has a shot. Inklings also have to make it in for this line of reasoning to hold up.

Unfortunately, by that virtue Jibanyan faces another problem - the time it would take for this character to establish its staying power pushes it close to when I estimate to be the end of Sm4sh DLC, so it if takes longer to accomplish that goal he might miss the boat. If it happens, Jibanyan would likely be the last character we get.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm still at Wolf, King K. Rool or Inklings (Both possibly if there's no 3rd Party character added throught the ballot), and Rayman for predictions. But I'm willing to be surprised.

Only really expecting one character announced, saving two more for an early direct and/or E3 for the final DLC character(/s)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not gonna bother making predictions.

This is too much like the #MonadoMonday situation.

Everyone is gonna predict one (or in most cases, 2 characters) that's gonna be in and go with the biggest predictions (as of now it's Inklings and SK because of what happen in the past 3 months and there's K. Rool and Wolf in the mix)

Then everyone will be upset because their predictions were wrong. At this point, don't expect anyone.

And if you had to put a gun to my head for my prediction, I'll just say Wolf because his demand was high even before the Ballot and I doubt Sakurai would pretend that it doesn't exist.

Chrono.

Well this is fun, I love it when fighting games have references hidden in color palettes.
Compiled by @TrackerTD my names also there but thats not important

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Everyone is gonna predict one (or in most cases, 2 characters) that's gonna be in and go with the biggest predictions (as of now it's Inklings and SK because of what happen in the past 3 months and there's K. Rool and Wolf in the mix)

Then everyone will be upset because their predictions were wrong. At this point, don't expect anyone.

And if you had to put a gun to my head for my prediction, I'll just say Wolf because his demand was high even before the Ballot and I doubt Sakurai would pretend that it doesn't exist.
I really do agree all our predicts could be wrong but at this point Im just glad for new dlc :D

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I've head "DON'T GET HYPED THIS IS JUST ANOTHER [X] SITUATION" and "SAKURAI IS A TROLL DON'T GET HYPED" SO many times now. AND I'M TIRED OF IT!

Let me be hyped. Please. I don't care if my dreams are crushed, this is the first Direct in months and I want to get as excited as I can.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Only thing I'm 100% on is splatoon news After yesterday I'm not sure about Mario maker but who knows we could get more power up(please).Smash is likely but I'm waiting it out

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
My prediction:
>Direct starts

>New Mario Tennis trailer showing the brand new yellow court

>New game Mario Ballet

>Direct ends

Chrono.

What the **** is wrong with this company.

This is an article by Nintendo Life which talks about a company that did really bad and illegal stuff relating to Gangs in Japan. Now, this was mostly 20 years ago and everything has practically changed then. It's still really sick to see a company do this stuff and these type of business practices.

They didn't actually supply the company's actual name for legal reasons I assume, but it's probably for the better.
Although, a lot of speculation and research points to Sega possibly being this mysterious company. It's not confirmed, but is a real possibility.
You mean to tell me this was real?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
And another melt-down incoming. :p Make sure you're wearing fire-proof clothing.

:231:
There's going to be a melt down no matter who is announced or not announced lol. Unless the announcement was every character ever is being added.

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
I've head "DON'T GET HYPED THIS IS JUST ANOTHER [X] SITUATION" and "SAKURAI IS A TROLL DON'T GET HYPED" SO many times now. AND I'M TIRED OF IT!

Let me be hyped. Please. I don't care if my dreams are crushed, this is the first Direct in months and I want to get as excited as I can.
Yes exactly! It's the cool thing to do now to act like you're not hoping for anything. SCREW THAT. I'd rather be hyped up for X amount of time and be grateful for what we get instead of acting like my dreams are already crushed all the time.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I can't help but wonder if Sakurai and co. have some final big thing in the works besides the ballot characters.

Like a new mode or something, to end things off with.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Well to be fair, some people on here get hyped, and then really bring down the board with salt when their wild expectations aren't met, so I think most of us are just trying to get them to be realistic so they don't get super bummed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Well hopefully like on #MonadoMonday It's going to be a reveal that flies in the face of everything we've predicted so far, every rumour, and it will be glorious.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
#MonadoMonday was probably the best reveal, in terms of what it meant to speculation. That'll be hard to top, but really the only spotlight currently is Shovel Knight after all, so as long as it isn't him, who knows, we could see another more impressive #MonadoMonday. Plus it's nice not to hear "Hey I know who it is" on Twitter for once.

Shroob

Sup?
#MonadoMonday was probably the best reveal, in terms of what it meant to speculation. That'll be hard to top, but really the only spotlight currently is Shovel Knight after all, so as long as it isn't him, who knows, we could see another more impressive #MonadoMonday. Plus it's nice not to hear "Hey I know who it is" on Twitter for once.
What even happened to the guys who were parading around all high and mighty-like?

Chrono.

What even happened to the guys who were parading around all high and mighty-like?
You mean Stealth? He's pretty much pretending nothing happened.

He never adressed the rumor again and idk if he ever went back to faqs.

The rest kinda just did the same, with Roger sweeping the rumor under a rug couple days before the 23rd.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Rextro SixtyFourus is so Rareware and I love it

D

Deleted member

Was on 4chan and saw this

Really cool mod tbqh lol. I'd play it. Wonder how it was made.
I remember hearing the kid who's doing the Ridley mod is doing Metal Face, K.Rool and Kraid
As much as I can appreciate the effort in what he's doing, the fact he's making Metal Face and Kraid, two characters that SHOULDN'T EVER be altered into being playable fighters, is going to seriously discredit him when it comes to his arguments on Ridley.
An "anyone can be altered to work as a fighter" mindset isn't exactly a good one....

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm more interested in what else we're getting to be honest. Like, Smash is going to be there somewhere and that's good and all, but I do want to see what else they have in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom