• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So I have a strong feeling we are getting Wolf tomorrow. Also believe this is potentially when SK is getting announced as well. But if SK is ballot related, then they will probably hold him back for now. Perhaps tomorrow can validate or invalidate the inklings rumor.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So I have a strong feeling we are getting Wolf tomorrow. Also believe this is potentially when SK is getting announced as well. But if SK is ballot related, then they will probably hold him back for now. Perhaps tomorrow can validate or invalidate the inklings rumor.
The leak stated that Shovel Knight was to be the next character DLC to be revealed so if Wolf is revealed tomorrow and he isn't, the leak is over. It's also over if we get a Shovel Knight Mii costume.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ladies and Gentlemen
Sans is now on TV
We've reached a new age.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
We're pretty much guaranteed a Lucas Amiibo reveal. So there's going to be Smash content in the direct no matter what.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Was on 4chan and saw this

Really cool mod tbqh lol. I'd play it. Wonder how it was made.
Lol this is Bagans work. I should sign up for play testing his stuff, all 3 of the characters he's making look cool. This is all for P:M btw

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Wolf is revealed tomorrow, I'll be seriously hyped.

But seriously, this Direct better have some Smash stuff. It will be seriously odd if it doesn't.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
How weird is it to think that if it hadn't been delayed that we'd be playing Star Fox in like a week!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not that weird. It got delayed to make it better and fix any issues it has.
I'm glad it was delayed. I'd rather have a better game and wait longer (I feel like Mario Tennis should be delayed too...)

It's still weird to think that I could have been playing a Star Fox game in like a week. It's been too damn long since there was a good Star Fox game.

D

Deleted member

Only if you wear doggy ears

I thought of a cool idea for an RPG with us, we all have special classes based on our fandoms and irl interests. For instance, I'm a Weeb Rider class, Zoroarking is a Obscure Weeb, Swamp and Khoru are Biologists, etc.
Excuse me
Just because I watch an anime from about ten years ago that seems like no one but me and my friends watched and I play a niche JRPG that uses an anime artstyle and certain anime tropes doesn't mean I'm an obscure weeb
If anyone is a weeb here, then it's Frostwraith
At least give me an actual class
Smth smth trap

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If anyone is a weeb here, then it's Frostwraith
Please, if you think that just liking anime and manga makes somebody a weeb, you have yet to see real weebs.

You know, the kind of people that obsess unhealthily over fictional characters and ignorantly think Japan is this fantastic anime land where everything is perfect and better than wherever they were born.

This is a reason why I avoid the anime fanbase. I'd rather not associate myself with those kinds of fanboys and fangirls and I don't appreciate implications that I'm the same as them.

This said, I do appreciate Japanese culture (and Japan is a place I'd like to visit), but I can say the same about other cultures as well. I consider myself open-minded in that regard.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Ladies and Gentlemen
Sans is now on TV
We've reached a new age.
That's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Especially since I just beat undertale and am currently on my second playthrough.

D

Deleted member

Please, if you think that just liking anime and manga makes somebody a weeb, you have yet to see real weebs.

You know, the kind of people that obsess unhealthily over fictional characters and ignorantly think Japan is this fantastic anime land where everything is perfect and better than wherever they were born.

This is a reason why I avoid the anime fanbase. I'd rather not associate myself with those kinds of fanboys and fangirls and I don't appreciate implications that I'm the same as them.

This said, I do appreciate Japanese culture (and Japan is a place I'd like to visit), but I can say the same about other cultures as well. I consider myself open-minded in that regard.
Ok, calm down
I was only joking, I think we already had an argument over this before
But I'm just going to say, when I use the term "weeb", I use it ironically
I've seen real weebs, I lived it, I have BEEN them.

It's just that on a scale of 1 to Weeb, you're the highest one here :p

And sorry if you really don't like being called a weeb
Can we still be friends? :nifty:
And you recommended me a good anime, I mean no bad to you

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok, calm down
I was only joking, I think we already had an argument over this before
But I'm just going to say, when I use the term "weeb", I use it ironically
I've seen real weebs, I lived it, I have BEEN them.

It's just that on a scale of 1 to Weeb, you're the highest one here :p

And sorry if you really don't like being called a weeb
Can we still be friends? :nifty:
Sorry, I just don't like the term and what it implies. :ohwell:

I get your point though. Though be mindful that sarcasm isn't always properly conveyed through the Internet.

And you recommended me a good anime, I mean no bad to you
See? This is why I'm not a mere lowly weeb. I have superior taste unlike those plebs who only care about their waifus. :evil::demon::chuckle::troll:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Duolingo is finally offering its Russian course.

I can finally be more authentic when I go into Stalin mode again. Да.

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry, I just don't like the term and what it implies. :ohwell:

I get your point though. Though be mindful that sarcasm isn't always properly conveyed through the Internet.
I guess I'll try to be more clear next time with emojis or smth

See? This is why I'm not a mere lowly weeb. I have superior taste unlike those plebs who only care about their waifus. :evil::demon::chuckle::troll:
Yeah, who needs waifus when you have husbandos and husbandos that look like waifus? :troll:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So Duolingo is finally offering its Russian course.

I can finally be more authentic when I go into Stalin mode again. Да.

:231:
FalKoopa more like FalKommunist. :smirk:

You have to change your username to ФалКура then.

(Why yes, I do know a bit of the Cyrillic alphabet's pronunciation. What did you expect from a cultured being such as myself? :evil:)

Yeah, who needs waifus when you have husbandos and husbandos that look like waifus? :troll:

And thus, Zororaking went missing, his whereabouts never to be truly found...

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can't wait to watch the direct tomorrow, should be awesome! And then afterwards this is what I'm gonna do! ;)

@Dravidian I did not know you were on Skullheart. Was just looking through the indivisible forum and saw you.

There your avi doesn't have the red censoring . . .but is still censored by size limitations :p
no I will not sell my kidney

the more I post about indivisible the more I feel like I look like a crazy person

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys it's like midnight there and we have more than twenty four hours.

Why are we giving up the idea of Smash 4 news.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Exactly. Realistically speaking, I can't see us not getting any Smash related news after such a long time without a Nintendo Direct.

I'll still have hope, even if Sakurai some reason doesn't retweet or post anything about the Direct.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

Agreed.

Also, if I remember correctly, Sakurai didn't retweet the direct with the Shulk announcement until a few hours before it aired. He knows that doing so is proof of Smash news, so it seems he prefers to wait until the very last minute.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

THANK THE LORD ... I like anime too lol I avoid must of the fan base I guess lol I just like anime its cool stuff but I like dubbed

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Agreed.

Also, if I remember correctly, Sakurai didn't retweet the direct with the Shulk announcement until a few hours before it aired. He knows that doing so is proof of Smash news, so it seems he prefers to wait until the very last minute.
I remember this too. We all just need to wait and see, it's way too early to jump to conclusions.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You know, if Smash content comes tomorrow and Wolf isn't among the characters, I can see, aside from the salt tidal wave, a lot more Wolf-centric SpongeBob parodies.
Am I the only one who's tired of seeing Spongebob memes?

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking we'll get 3 characters tomorrow. I can get hyped without getting all sad if it's not announced. Ya'll act like someone who was broke up with and is too scared to find love again.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

I'm actually kind of glad we're not going nuts over a leak just before a Direct. It's refreshing, not to mention wholly surprising given how many people feel we're way overdue.

I guess the Twitter fiasco leaks have done us in. As of now, I think we can safely say whatever's coming will be a genuine surprise to almost everybody - so, this would be the first Smash news that's actually been a surprise like Sakurai's wanted!

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I almost had a heart attack when I looked at Gamexplain's video list this morning. I went to bed knowing that a Nintendo Direct was coming later this week and I woke up to see THREE videos on Cat :4mario: and Cat :4peach: .
I was Terrified that they had been announced for Sm4sh DLC!!!

thankfully they are just Mario Maker costumes.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I almost had a heart attack when looking at Gamexplain's video list this morning? I went to bed knowing that a Nintendo Direct was coming later this week and I woke up to see THREE videos on Cat :4mario: and Cat :4peach: .
I was Terrified that they had been announced for Sm4sh DLC!!!

thankfully they are just Mario Maker costumes.
That made me laugh!

Do you feel better meow? :p

Would rather have Plankton myself. I can see the tagline now...
PLANKTON WENT TO COLLEGE
Sakurai: "As a nod to the Spongebob Squarepants show, he will instantly be KO'd if someone steps on him." :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom