• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

More Mario Maker costumes!

Guys, I don't know about you, but Meow Meow Mario? Looking pretty likely. I mean, he's a new powerup, he's been playable in Mario Kart 8, and now he's in Mario Maker! I think we should just all accept him as the new Smash character. Forget those OTHER Nintendo characters!

...In all seriousness, I'm wondering if they're saving a few for the direct. Heck, we might even see another update for the game planned later on.
Daisy.
Really getting the short end of the stick in this game isn't she.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Since we're sorta on the topic of reveals, who would make you all freak out if he/she/it were revealed?

For me it's Bayonetta. I might legit jump for joy if she was revealed simply because of my lack of hope for her.

Paper Mario?

yeah, but the only thing is that part being obvious, what isn;t is how I will freak out. the most likely typing really fast random letters and maybe breaking my keyboard in the process, but after?

Well, I guess I might play some happy vgm from the series.....

Yeah I think what would be very hype is more my reaction if it happens because everyone and their mom and dad and sisters knows what will happen to me if he's announced :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'd love to go nuts if it had over 8 spaces

Paper Mario?

yeah, but the only thing is that part being obvious, what isn;t is how I will freak out. the most likely typing really fast random letters and maybe breaking my keyboard in the process, but after?

Well, I guess I might play some happy vgm from the series.....

Yeah I think what would be very hype is more my reaction if it happens because everyone and their mom and dad and sisters knows what will happen to me if he's announced :)
Already said that before ya, alde. Your Paper Mario second-in-command is already at the ready.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I dunno.

I think Roy and Ryu are basically confirmed for Mario Maker. :4feroy::4ryu:

Roy at the very least.
I think every future smash character would get a Mario Maker costume. If Lucas already has a skin in the game, Roy and Ryu will get one for sure. I can see Mario Maker getting updates until the middle of next year, and by then they might add other costumes.

I just thought about it, but if an Iwata tribute happened, I would be in a mix of reactions. Not saying it would be bad, I would love it and a great send off for him. It's just I don't know how I'll go from being in grief to excitement within seconds....These next couple of days are going to be painful to sit through.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'd love to go nuts if it had over 8 spaces

Already said that before ya, alde. Your Paper Mario second-in-command is already at the ready.
........dude, you aren;t the best supporters lol, I actually have a skype group with the best one :)

beside, I jsut will let the direct go for character. Like, it has been so long that I kinda got down in hype but I guess it will be back after the direct :)

Though, I am finding sick oob glitch in spm in the meantime :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't like Cat Mario, but I can appreciate the fact that the character is an adult Italian-American plumber from New York dressed in a full body cat suit going "Meow" and eating a lot of mushrooms. That makes it a little better. :3

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Small bit of Hype:
Wolf

Hype:
Bandana Dee
Issac
Rayman
Inkling
Shovel Knight

Extreme Hype:
Shantae
King K Rool
Lloyd Irving
Banjo-Kazooie

HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN!?!? *faints* Hype:
Cloud
Sora

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Speaking of Iwata tribute and Mario Maker costume, who else think that a Iwata costume would be an awesome way to pay hommage to him. I mean, if a japanese game-show host can get his own costume, why one of the greatest man in video game history couldn't?

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Dang, I don't check the site all day, and we get a direct announcement.

All I hope for is Wolf, but I'll be buying any character that's released.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dang, I don't check the site all day, and we get a direct announcement.

All I hope for is Wolf, but I'll be buying any character that's released.
My cynical side wants me to think that we won't get a character with the direct, I feel like it'll be reserved for a Smash focused direct...

I want to be wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cat Mario being a Mario Maker costume kind of rubs me the wrong way considering it's another power up all together. It'd be like adding Fire or Tanooki Mario costumes that didn't do their actual abilities...

It just seems odd.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cat Mario being a Mario Maker costume kind of rubs me the wrong way considering it's another power up all together. It'd be like adding Fire or Tanooki Mario costumes that didn't do their actual abilities...

It just seems odd.
The only reason I see it justifiable is because 3d world( while not much different art style wise) is not a theme in the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The more I think about ti the more 2D Cat mario would play like Classic Knuckles.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

It just seems odd.
If they added the Triangle block it would justify the costume right :p
All it would be missing is the Air Dash Cat Swipe.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If they added the Triangle block it would justify the costume right :p
All it would be missing is the Air Dash Cat Swipe.
What if you could wall-jump in Classic Themes with Triangle Blocks ala Rayman Legends
That'd be neat-o

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
My cynical side wants me to think that we won't get a character with the direct, I feel like it'll be reserved for a Smash focused direct...

I want to be wrong.
It's certainly possible that a Smash Direct might be announced tommorow and aire right after the actual direct. So it's possible, but I doubt it'll happen.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
No I just checked and the guy who runs it is @Martingale

I also checked his post regarding Layton's VA tweets

Still though, doesn't change the fact that the leak originated from IMDB, that alone makes it fake.
I recall we had him in here for a while to discuss this. Dude wasn't able to support his claims very well, sadly. Couldn't tell if it was due to frustration/nervousness (we do tend to be pretty ravenous once we sink our teeth in) or if he was full of it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Let's all be honest with ourselves.

No matter WHO gets revealed, we're all going to be hyped to the point of crashboards.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
It's funny how I said we had 8 weeks to wait for a Direct
and then it got announced 12 hours later

I'm keeping my expectations extremely low. Except for Twilight Princess HD. If that doesn't show I'll be more pissed than the Federation Force haters.
...that's a little harsh...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know what's also inevitable?

A tidal wave of salt that would make the Red Sea jealous. Let's assume we get three characters, so it's triple the salt to begin with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hype:
Wolf
Ice Climbers (though imo due to 3DS problems their chances are almost zero)
Any other newcomer

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]:
Snake
Mecha-Fiora

[HYPE AT CRITICAL LEVELS]:
Neku Sakuraba
Bravely Default Character

I'm open to almost anything at this point really

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You know what's also inevitable?

A tidal wave of salt that would make the Red Sea jealous. Let's assume we get three characters, so it's triple the salt to begin with.
Triple characters...

Boy, you just gave me a heart attack...

Good thing skeletons don't have hearts, right?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

So if you look here the level that is for Cat Peach costume, is actually one that was made my Cat Peach in Meow Meow Mario Show. Pretty neat if you ask me

Also I'm now unveiling my first avatar, and I'm putting this avatar on because I made a bet with @HyperFalcon, the bet being if a direct was revealed for Friday the 13th, she'd have to wear a black cat avatar for a week, but since I clearly lost the bet, I will instead be wearing a black cat avatar for a week.

So I will no longer be known as the giant floating question mark of this thread, well at least until the end of the week that is, which is when I can go back to being a giant floating question mark, instead of a black cat.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
........dude, you aren;t the best supporters lol, I actually have a skype group with the best one :)

beside, I jsut will let the direct go for character. Like, it has been so long that I kinda got down in hype but I guess it will be back after the direct :)

Though, I am finding sick oob glitch in spm in the meantime :)
I'm sorry but that's a lie....who is the best one, then?

I can assure you I'm pretty much the go-to guy for Paper Mario support on /r/smashbros by now.

I can prove this to you. I am one of the biggest Paper Mario supporters around, man, I can prove this, how do you want me to? I'm an extraordinare.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
CrashBoards is like the awkward uncle that no one likes but always gets invited to the family reunions. You just pray and hope he stays with the guacamole and no eye contact happens. And when it does...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
CrashBoards is like the awkward uncle that no one likes but always gets invited to the family reunions. You just pray and hope he stays with the guacamole and no eye contact happens. And when it does...
Terrible...unexplainable things happened...

He stole my cherry...right after I made myself a beautiful sundae...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom