• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Beat the main story of Yo-kai Watch. And I can conclude that Yo-kai Watch is amazing with a couple things holding it back from being like a shining light.

The combat and management is good, the bosses are creative, the world is amazing.

I always felt the need to do a side quest, since almost all of them had humerous results or an unexpected twist ending. Even the small fetchquests can be fun, especially with how easy it is to get the items for the fetch quests.

Leveling up takes a page from Xenoblade where basically just playing the game and doing whatever sidequests you can will put you where you need to be. No grinding required.

The bosses mostly have great planning you have to put into. You can't just go into autopilot for these, you have to focus and constantly put your Yo-kai in the best positions and also use the targeting to great affect. (Oh man this one boss. It makes you use the targeting system in the most creative way possible.

And the Yo-kai are implemented beautifully into the world. I actually feel like I'm in a world of Yo-kai and humans. There are lot of different Yo-kai with beliefs, desires, mischief, etc. They are the main reason I do the sidequests, to see what crazy shenanigans the Yo-kai end up in.

Catching Yo-kai can be a chore if you don't know what you are doing and you aren't using wikis to look up a Yo-kai's favorite food. You can spend like hours if you aren't completely sure what you are doing. If you do know what you are doing, it will still take about 30 minutes.

The ending isn't bad. It's gets the job done. But it isn't anything spectacular. Honestly, to those who looked up the final boss and ending and thought you didn't have to play the game anymore, the conflict involving the big bad is only a fraction of the game. This game is like a saturday morning cartoon. As such, a lot of story and sidequest stand on their own.

I wish gamexplain did an "all boss battles video" instead of just the final boss. The boss battles are some of the more charming parts of the game, and its a shame people don't have easy access to see them if they really want to spoiler themselves rotten and judge a game entirely by the cover.

And yes, there is a lot of recolors.

In the end, Yo-kai watch is a great game. I have clocked about 30 hours in already and I apparently have a ton of post game left. Yes, it has flaws. Yes, it unfortunately has recolors so not every Yo-kai is unique. However, after spending 30 hours on this game, I love the designs. There was certainly a special touch put into them all. I love all their unique personalities.

Yo-kai watch was an experience. An experience that I will admit I can't recommend to everyone. But, an experience that deserves to not just be looked at skin deep. Watch a let's play of it or something at least. Watch the first couple of chapters. See what the sidequests are like. And if it still isn't your cup of tea then fine. I honestly don't know what to say without spoiling all the wonderful moments.

I really, really hope it does well enough for at least the sequel to come over. I'm fine with it being niche. I just want to continue enjoying it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Feel free to give this a read if you like, I just have beaten Yo-kai Watch.

The final boss is hard hard, but managed to pull it off with Yo-kai around the lvl. 37-43 with determination. I am glad to announce that I will remain a Yo-kai Watch fan for life. This game was an amazing, fresh experience.

You know, I am so glad that I did watch Yo-kai Watch anime back in June. I didn't expect much of a surprise when I watched the first episode, I was pleasantly surprised and got hooked by its comedy culture of Yo-kai, and being relatable to real life situations. I got to love new characters like Manjimutt, Fumika Kodoma, Whisper, Komasan, Inaho, and many other greatly designed characters made by Level-5. I got to love many of Yo-kai Watch's many catchy tunes like Gera Gera Po, Yo-kai Exercise, Uchu Dance, and all other of the YW opening songs. My hype was through and became a big fan of the franchise from there, anticipated waiting for the game to release.

After beating this game, now I seriously want to know more about yokai mythology and learn more about Japanese history. I truly cannot wait to spend 60 hours of my time on side-quests, post game content, and catching all the Yo-kai! I want most of the stuff
like the Yorozumart and the Universal YW attraction to open in the West. I want the franchise to make children in the west happy
people! If I ever have a family, I want my kids to remember YW for their childhood.

Thank you Hino for giving us this imaginative world and concept! Thank you Mark Risley, David H. Steinberg, Level-5 Abby, Disney XD, Hasbro, and Nintendo for giving us the quality the franchise needs! I hope Yo-kai Watch really becomes a true hit, because it truly deserves the rank of being highly popular in Japan in the west, it has tons of true potential of being a success. Keep being the creative geniuses that you are, Level-5!

To those who haven't played it, I highly recommend giving it a try! Don't let the Japanese culture and gameplay shy you away!

#YokaiIsWhy

Thanks for readinya~

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh hey, that badge catcher thing is out in America.
*trys it*
Got Mario, a Star, a Brick and a Coin. Cool.
*Does the Practice, gets bonus catch and 3 more free tries*
Got 2 1-UPs and failed horribly trying to get the Yoshi Activity Feed.
"Hey, thanks for playing! Have a free theme!"
THEME? FREE? YES, PLEASE!
"Wait, I haven't explained how to use Themes yet, have I?"
Well I don't see why you'd need too, I have the Spotlight: Luigi theme and all...
*Rabbit drops the subject entirely*
*No theme aquired*
YOU ************ RABBIT
GIVE ME THE DAMN THEME YOU PROMISED

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
It's certainly possible that a Smash Direct might be announced tommorow and aire right after the actual direct. So it's possible, but I doubt it'll happen.
Sorry, but I totally doubt it. I'd say news (which I do think is coming, not banking on anyone specific though) is coming either at the very beginning or the very end of the Direct.
Thinking about the Direct and the possible Iwata Tribute.
I might cry. Heck, I got teary eyed watching some old tributes today.
If there's anything that should end the Direct, actually, it should be that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Did we just seriously beat the game at the same time? :O

Also, how casual. I beat him with lv 35-37s and lots of revives.
:happysheep:
I used a lot of ice cream and hamburgers to heal my partners. No revives at all.

Komane and Venoct ended up being the only ones who survived in my team. I spent my entire mind concentrating on purifying and healing while using a bit of the Soultimate moves. I'll be honest, I felt the "light of hope" feeling yet again with this game the same way I had with Undertale, felt really similar TBH and felt so good when I beat the final boss.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oh hey, that badge catcher thing is out in America.
*trys it*
Got Mario, a Star, a Brick and a Coin. Cool.
*Does the Practice, gets bonus catch and 3 more free tries*
Got 2 1-UPs and failed horribly trying to get the Yoshi Activity Feed.
"Hey, thanks for playing! Have a free theme!"
THEME? FREE? YES, PLEASE!
"Wait, I haven't explained how to use Themes yet, have I?"
Well I don't see why you'd need too, I have the Spotlight: Luigi theme and all...
*Rabbit drops the subject entirely*
*No theme aquired*
YOU ************ RABBIT
GIVE ME THE DAMN THEME YOU PROMISED
Really? I downloaded an update but didn't get the badge game. How did you access it?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Really? I downloaded an update but didn't get the badge game. How did you access it?
eShop
You get 5 free tries, and if you get based RNG (We're talking Luigi Misfire/9 here) you can get 3 more free tries from the Daily Free Practice
Everything else is $$$, aside from RNG Daily Practice and certain events going on (As long as you subscribe to Spotpass!)

GIMME THE DAMN THEME, RABBIT

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
eShop
You get 5 free tries, and if you get based RNG (We're talking Luigi Misfire/9 here) you can get 3 more free tries from the Daily Free Practice
Everything else is $$$, aside from RNG Daily Practice and certain events going on (As long as you subscribe to Spotpass!)

GIMME THE DAMN THEME, RABBIT
Wait, so if I'm paying microtransactions to possibly get a theme I want, why not just buy the theme I want? They're not that expensive.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, so if I'm paying microtransactions to possibly get a theme I want, why not just buy the theme I want? They're not that expensive.
Because the ones you can possibly get you can only get VIA the microtransactions in this game.
But to be fair it's around the same price of a normal theme to get 10 tries (The amount needed for theme)

Damn Rabbit
You said I'd get a free theme for doing what I did
Are you not satisfied

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm only "hyping up" this direct so that I can finally have confirmation on FE Fates's international release.

Maybe Star Fox Zero...maybe.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I gave it a go. And while I can safely say it does have that F2P feel to it (but hey at least they're honest about the microtranactions), it's not the smarmiest I've seen from these games.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
True, but there's still time in between now and then.

I have a hard time believing we'd get a Direct with 0 Smash related news.
Especially after this long period of time without a Nintendo Direct. Nintendo would be crazy to not have something about Smash in the Direct.

Chrono.

True, but there's still time in between now and then.

I have a hard time believing we'd get a Direct with 0 Smash related news.
Yeah I know.

I'm just trying to keep expectations in check... hard enough for me as it is lol

Getting fallout 4 tomorrow. hype

If we don't get any smash news from a direct at this point I will lose my mind. It would be kind of ridiculous after all this time

EDIT awwww shoot. sig didn't fit. And i'm too lazy to resize it and i'm definitely not removing my advertisements

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know this is gonna make people raise some eyebrows, but I kinda wish we had a text leak to dissect while the wait is here. There's still over 30 hours til the Direct, and the closer it gets, the harder the wait will be.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Does Sakurai really need to retweet it to confirm Smash News?
Was that ever a thing? :4pacman:

Chrono.

Does Sakurai really need to retweet it to confirm Smash News?
Was that ever a thing? :4pacman:
Actually, yeah.

It was a good rule of thumb because when he didn't RT them, we didn't get any Smash news (like in the DIrect with MM3D and the other Direct with Young Link in HW, Sakurai didn't RT those).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, yeah.

It was a good rule of thumb because when he didn't RT them, we didn't get any Smash news (like in the DIrect with MM3D and the other Direct with Young Link in HW, Sakurai didn't RT those).
Still, we have two more days. Just because he doesn't retweet something in a few hours doesn't mean all hope for Smash info is lost.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
So the Hyrule Warriors official twitter retweeted the Nintendo Direct announcement, so that's confirmed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, yeah.

At the same time. Hasn't we gotten smash news without his tweets?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm doing a Zelda 1 playthrough without a guide. Are you proud of me now @Spazzy_D?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Actually, yeah.

Gotcha.
Well, Sakurai is most likely sleeping in (or just messing with his cat), as he should, he can take his time with these Characters
He's got a day, 17 hours and 30 minutes tho
He can take his little time on Twitter if he is prepping somethin'

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Hey, so I'm pretty sure I've figured out RTB's method for extracting the unreleased Mario Maker costume sprites. However, I need a Mario Maker save file from the latest update to poke around in it. Does anyone have a Mario Maker save file they wouldn't mind sending me a copy of so I can discover what's hidden in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom