• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd also like to point out that that post is blatant PR speak, and that they did not deny it was removed, simply that nothing was announced as of now.

And considering multiple sources are backing it up (as in, it's not just LOL Kotaku), I'm still on the side of believing the petting is gone.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd also like to point out that that post is blatant PR speak, and that they did not deny it was removed, simply that nothing was announced as of now.

And considering multiple sources are backing it up (as in, it's not just LOL Kotaku), I'm still on the side of believing the petting is gone.
To be fair, eith the exception of maybe IGN, all of the sites I've seen have just used Kotaku as their source, so that's not saying much.

Granted, I doubt it's there, but the number supporting it is a bit misleading in this regard.

We still talking Fates?
View attachment 94065
If I were to guess, some of that could go to Dual Audio, which I'm sure some would like the option to have.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't even understand why it's such a big deal.

It was a stupid feature that nobody cared about until the removal rumors started.

I mean, there was no real reason to remove it, and the recent examples of censorship in gaming are pretty much all ridiculous, but this one? It's basically a creepy version of Pokemon-Amie. I wouldn't touch it if it were in.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Haha, I just got around to reading the interview between Sakurai and Namoura.

Sakurai says :4cloud: isn't very good in the air.

Okay Sakurai, sure.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It was a stupid feature that nobody cared about until the removal rumors started.

I mean, there was no real reason to remove it, and the recent examples of censorship in gaming are pretty much all ridiculous, but this one? It's basically a creepy version of Pokemon-Amie. I wouldn't touch it if it were in.
Pretty much my thoughts word for word. A feature no one wanted that was loudly complained about is now being loudly complained about that it was taken out.

Chrono.

Okay Sakurai, sure.
Stuff like this and his comments on Samus make me wonder how Sakurai actually plays his own damn game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

To be fair, from what I've seen at least, it was less so that no one cared about it until its removal as much as no one actually wanted it there in the first place. Cue the people coming out of the woodwork saying they miss it now that it's supposedly gone.

Honestly I'm really hoping it is gone. It's creepy as all hell.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd really like the FNaF movie to be a first for game movie adaptions and actually be a good and respectable adaption and film, but.....my hopes remain low.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
While browsing Tumblr I found another parody of that parody involving soup

New RWBY trailer is up

Spoilers if you arent caught up. (duh)
http://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-season-3-coming-up-next-on-rwby-vol-3-chapter-10
hyyyyyype
That trailer and the current situation leads me to believe one thing.

Well probably not but still.

D

Deleted member

You know when you're optimistic about something you're excited about but it ends up going in the worst way possible? That was my day
Getting lost in the US sure is fun after a 10 hour flight and when you finally get to your hotel, it's impossble to stay in the room because of various things with it
Cue about 3 hours of trying getting a refund(which still hasn't been paid) and finding a good hotel and some other exhausting ****
I need comfort

Since FE is basically now the only thing we talk about, can we at least talk about it for three seconds without the Amie controversy being brought up? And can we talk about how much has Lyon suffered?
The guy didn't even have any friends of his age(which him being prince translates to "servants that are forced to spend time with him") until he met Eirika, his live interest who he was never able to confess to, and Ephraim, aka "the guy who does everything better than me and gets to **** Eirika"
Then his father dies, he goes all mad scientisf trying to revive him and ends up being possessed by the Demon King
And then he is forced to watch as Formotiis continuously starts a war fhat destroys his kingdom and while attemptsming to murder his only friends
And in the end, he just dies
No "our bonds are strong" bull****
He straight up dies
And what is the last scene in fhe Epilogue? A flashback of when he first met the Incest Siblings
"Oh, are you... I'm... My name is Lyon. Uh-huh. That's me... The son of the emperor. You're Prince Ephraim and Princess Eirika from Renais, aren't you? I heard you were coming, and I've been waiting here all day. I've always wanted... I don't have any friends my own age... So, Prince Ephraim... Princess Eirika... What do you say? From now on, let's be friends..."
Sacred Stones may not have had the best lords but it definitely had the best antagonists

And I say all of this as I still play FE7 and I'm almost sure I'm gonna be hit right in the feels once again

Last edited by a moderator:
That trailer and the current situation leads me to believe one thing.

Well probably not but still.
That is an extremely oddly specific reaction video. Guess that is what happens when Jontron is involved.

as long as it isnt Jaune or Pyrrha D:

Burruni

Smash Hero
You know when you're optimistic about something you're excited about but it ends up going in the worst way possible? That was my day
Getting lost in the US sure is fun after a 10 hour flight and when you finally get to your hotel, it's impossble to stay in the room because of various things with it
Cue about 3 hours of trying getting a refund(which still hasn't been paid) and finding a good hotel and some other exhausting ****
I need comfort

Since FE is basically now the only thing we talk about, can we at least talk about it for three seconds without the Amie controversy being brought up? And can we talk about how much has Lyon suffered?
Edit ya stuff, bro.
And I'll give FE8 two credits: A final boss that ISN'T A DAMN GODLY DRAGON, which very few ever friggin do.
And that impact they give the aftermath.
Shame it was used on THOSE protagonists.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

I'm not entirely sure that's true (that nobody cared about it). A lot of people panned it, and as a result, people who did like it were probably less likely to say so for fear of backlash, in addition to the fact that people are much more vocal when they have a negative opinion than when they have a positive opinion.

Personally, I don't like the feature. I'd prefer if it was never there. But what matters is that it was there, and I don't want content cut. My desire to not have content cut trumps my feelings of this content specifically, so I am wholly against its removal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit ya stuff, bro.
And I'll give FE8 two credits: A final boss that ISN'T A DAMN GODLY DRAGON, which very few ever friggin do.
And that impact they give the aftermath.
Shame it was used on THOSE protagonists.
>Tries to spoiler it even though the game is quite old
>****s up
I am such a failure

Burruni

Smash Hero
>Tries to spoiler it even though the game is quite old
>****s up
I am such a failure
It's okay.
But like.
Realtalk.
Fire Emblem has too predictable final bosses.
FE1/11: Dragon (Medeus)
FE2: Dragon (Doma)
FE3/12: Dragon (Medeus)
FE4: Dark Prince (Julius)
FE5: Dark Priest (Veld)
FE6: Dragon (WhatsHisFace)
FE7: Dark Priest (Nergal) AND Dragon (Dragon)
FE8: Dark Priest who is also a Prince (Lyon)
FE9: Big dude ON A DRAGON (Ashnard)
FE10: AN ACTUAL DIETY (Ashera)
FE13: Dragon (Grima)
FE14: Don't know and not saying.

D

Deleted member

It's okay.
But like.
Realtalk.
Fire Emblem has too predictable final bosses.
FE1/11: Dragon (Medeus)
FE2: Dragon (Doma)
FE3/12: Dragon (Medeus)
FE4: Dark Prince (Julius)
FE5: Dark Priest (Veld)
FE6: Dragon (WhatsHisFace)
FE7: Dark Priest (Nergal) AND Dragon (Dragon)
FE8: Dark Priest who is also a Prince (Lyon)
FE9: Big dude ON A DRAGON (Ashnard)
FE10: AN ACTUAL DIETY (Ashera)
FE13: Dragon (Grima)
FE14: Don't know and not saying.
I mean
They need a big thing that can be easily hit yet have a ****ton of HP while having 1-2 range so it doesn't become a living joke

Also, I was looking at some of the Fates localized character names and
Screenshot_2016-01-27-23-56-47.png

Rhajat
RHAJAT
As in
Tharja
Get it?
Not even NoA seems to care about Trasha 2.0

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean
They need a big thing that can be easily hit yet have a ****ton of HP while having 1-2 range so it doesn't become a living joke

Also, I was looking at some of the Fates localized character names and
View attachment 94097
Rhajat
RHAJAT
As in
Tharja
Get it?
Not even NoA seems to care about Trasha 2.0
Yeah.
Her japanese name is an anagram for Tharja's japanese name.
But if you try to get an Annagram
All you get is Nana.
And then you remember how Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4.
Then you cry tears of loss.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.
Her japanese name is an anagram for Tharja's japanese name.
But if you try to get an Annagram
All you get is Nana.
And then you remember how Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4.
Then you cry tears of loss.
Still waiting for Shojau and Elamia

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Does anyone know:

If I buy the physical version of one of the FE:Fates, can I still get that $19.99 discount when I download the other? Or do I have to get both digitally?

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_2016-01-28-00-11-16-1.png

How do you even **** up something so simple?
Laslow looks like someone just hit their heads into a keyboard and called it a day
And why remove a single letter from Pieri to make the most awakward sounding name ever?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Laslow looks like someone just hit their heads into a keyboard and called it a day
And why remove a single letter from Pieri to make the most awakward sounding name ever?
Those are both real world names...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Okay Sakurai, sure.
He meant that he had a **** recovery. Not that he sucks in the air.

One easy gimp and he's just as dead as Mac, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom