• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was a kid, I made a monster movie with army men and a dinosaur toy

and also filmed live actions segments where I wore some of my dad's army clothing and carried around a giger counter talking about fake science crap

Now I can make animated movies if I wanted, but I spend my time sitting on my butt

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I wish I posted more in this thread. I keep up with it all the time, but haven't said anything in weeks. Ah, well. Guess I could just let you guys know what I'm up to.
Tonight I'm finally going to be starting EarthBound for the first time. I played EarthBound Beginings last summer after it was released on the eShop. I had fun with it, albeit I had a guide most of the way through. Hoping that EarthBound will be as memorable of an experience as the fan base makes it out to be. Wish me luck!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's okay.
But like.
Realtalk.
Fire Emblem has too predictable final bosses.
FE1/11: Dragon (Medeus)
FE2: Dragon (Doma)
FE3/12: Dragon (Medeus)
FE4: Dark Prince (Julius)
FE5: Dark Priest (Veld)
FE6: Dragon (WhatsHisFace)
FE7: Dark Priest (Nergal) AND Dragon (Dragon)
FE8: Dark Priest who is also a Prince (Lyon)
FE9: Big dude ON A DRAGON (Ashnard)
FE10: AN ACTUAL DIETY (Ashera)
FE13: Dragon (Grima)
FE14: Don't know and not saying.
To be fair, I doubt anyone predicted Gaiden's Final Boss...

Funny thing is, if you've seen the Final Boss's design for Fates (Revelations), it's arguably weirder (the plot looks to be better than Awakening at least).
Also am pretty sure FE6's final boss is a she. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, I know this probably isn't huge news to any pro Smasher, but a as a casual Smasher...

I got 12 KOs in Cruel Smash on the 3DS.

I am soo ****ing happy, my hands are shaking right now mah boiz.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So, I know this probably isn't huge news to any pro Smasher, but a as a casual Smasher...

Who was it?!
Who told you I was a boi?!?!
I'll moidalize 'em!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

But really, good job. I don't have the patience for 2 KOs let alone 12

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The goomba ones are depressing.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The stickers also make sounds (mostly sound effects from various games).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just beat Paper Jam. There's a bit of Post Gamey things but idk if I can be bothered.

Grinding for 100% doesn't seem worth it.

Now I don't know what 3DS game to play next.

Maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 again.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I made this in celebration of the excellent localized names for FE: Fates characters.
View attachment 94106
I forgot to include Rajhat but whatever
Joke aside, thanks for bringing good memory to someone like me who have watched the show alot before. Really, it make me so nostalgic. :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just beat Paper Jam. There's a bit of Post Gamey things but idk if I can be bothered.

Grinding for 100% doesn't seem worth it.

Now I don't know what 3DS game to play next.

Maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 again.
How was Paper Jam?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
How was Paper Jam?
I really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of both series. The comments about a lack of personality have some truth though. I binged played the first 4 M&L games but this one I needed breaks from as it became tiring.

Gameplay is solid, some battles are frustratingly easy.

I'd give it a 7/10. Bowser's Inside Story is still easily number 1. In terms of personality and creativity, the two games are incomparable.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of both series. The comments about a lack of personality have some truth though. I binged played the first 4 M&L games but this one I needed breaks from as it became tiring.

Gameplay is solid, some battles are frustratingly easy.

I'd give it a 7/10. Bowser's Inside Story is still easily number 1. In terms of personality and creativity, the two games are incomparable.
How does it compare to Partners in Time?

It was the only Mario and Luigi to bore me, though I still found it fun overall.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

When this toad lays eggs, the male smears them all over it's back. The eggs then get impeded into it's skin

And the babies burst through the mother's (Father's?) back when they mature.

Gross

Edit: I think it makes more sense for the eggs to be in the father's back. Like the midwife toad carries his babies on his back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When this toad lays eggs, the male smears them all over it's back. The eggs then get impeded into it's skin

And the babies burst through the mother's back when they mature.

Gross
Life finds a way.

Pretty in a way.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
How does it compare to Partners in Time?

It was the only Mario and Luigi to bore me, though I still found it fun overall.
Similar I guess. I still probably prefer Partners in Time, although the gameplay has improved since then. It's the world building that make both series great, and it's honestly quite lacking in this game. Which is why it's not exatcly a bad game, it's pretty solid, just a bit uninspired.

Shroob

Sup?
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate .

Can you... please spoiler that? That makes me physically ill just looking at it. I feel nauseous any time I scroll up and see...THAT.

Also, why can I not tag him?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I 100%'d everything in Paper Jam. Post game/completion definitely leaves you wanting more, but ride there (read: ride, not grind) was definitely enjoyable.

I preferred going intentionally underleveled/stocked to enjoy the most out of the experience (balance-wise, the game becomes way too easy to break. Even if you don't go for optimal Rank boosts/perks, use stat boosting beans, and opt out of the Assist/easy modes, the battle card system/amiibos and the gear you can buy can let you cruise through the entire game, which only becomes exacerbated later on in the game due to enemies dropping rare item drops more frequently). Up until the optional/secret boss, I didn't bother grinding/forming specific sets of battle cards (literally playing Yugioh with infinite Pot of Greed cards), so when I did the (optional) Boss Rush mode, I was left feeling bittersweet knowing it's only as much of a challenge as you make it. Though I guess that's true for all games. However, out of all M&L games, it never felt quite as evident as this.

All of this is from a completionist viewpoint, and is only my opinion, and in no way should deter anyone from trying the game. Though it did leave me wanting more, I absolutely adore the charm of the game, and its easily up there with the best in both respective series in terms of writing/humor.

Admittedly while I will also be taking a break from it for now, I can easily see myself going back to replay it frequently unlike DreamTeam/StickerStar everything after Bowser's Inside Story

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

My highest record is 11 KOs as Ganondorf, so you topped my highest score by 1. :p

As the other characters, I have 5~6 KOs as most of them, with a lot of them having around 7~8. I also got 9 KOs as Robin, Samus and Falco.

My lowest score right now is 4 KOs as Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, Palutena, Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man and Jigglypuff.

My total high score is 322.

Cruel Smash can be quite a challenge.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I 100%'d everything in Paper Jam. Post game/completion definitely leaves you wanting more, but ride there (read: ride, not grind) was definitely enjoyable.

I preferred going intentionally underleveled/stocked to enjoy the most out of the experience (balance-wise, the game becomes way too easy to break. Even if you don't go for optimal Rank boosts/perks, use stat boosting beans, and opt out of the Assist/easy modes, the battle card system/amiibos and the gear you can buy can let you cruise through the entire game, which only becomes exacerbated later on in the game due to enemies dropping rare item drops more frequently). Up until the optional/secret boss, I didn't bother grinding/forming specific sets of battle cards (literally playing Yugioh with infinite Pot of Greed cards), so when I did the (optional) Boss Rush mode, I was left feeling bittersweet knowing it's only as much of a challenge as you make it. Though I guess that's true for all games. However, out of all M&L games, it never felt quite as evident as this.

All of this is from a completionist viewpoint, and is only my opinion, and in no way should deter anyone from trying the game. Though it did leave me wanting more, I absolutely adore the charm of the game, and its easily up there with the best in both respective series in terms of writing/humor.

Admittedly while I will also be taking a break from it for now, I can easily see myself going back to replay it frequently unlike DreamTeam/StickerStar everything after Bowser's Inside Story
See, I've played DT repeatedly as well as the previous 3. I cant see myself wanting to play this one much - in fact I thought the opposite in regards to the charm of the game, as I found it a little lacking. The Bowser Jr.'s were quite funny, and Kamek was on point but aside from that I felt the personalities were flat and the world very basic.

You're defintely right about stacking gear on cards on beans on level up bonus' though. You can really break the balance.

For me, it's the 3rd best Paper Mario game (beating Sticker Star and Super PM) and... well it's hard to say not having played PiT in a while but perhaps the equal 4th best M&L game. While DT was a grind in some parts I can't get past the creativity of the world vs. a very bland Mushroom Kingdom.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

People thought Dream Team was grind heavy?

I thought it was really easy.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait...

People thought Dream Team was grind heavy?

I thought it was really easy.
Really?
I just sorta went through the game killing anything I saw (Thanks for the advice, Toadsworth) and after running around collecting all but 2 Beans, I was Level 40 and the only boss that really gave me trouble was the Final Boss, and even then it wasn't hard, I just kept getting bad RNG and said boss kept healing.
:drshrug:
But if you try to get an Annagram
All you get is Nana.
That was clever.
Veeeeeery Clever.
upload_2016-1-28_7-36-8.png

Not only is this nice reaction image material
But also it's kinda sad considering this is how Yoshi treats Baby Mario
Meanwhile Adult Mario has no regrets beating Yoshi senseless in Olympics and Smash and leaving him to die alone in bottomless pits

F

Chrono.

Trypophobic here. Yes...this is physically painful, welcome to the club. If you google it, you'll have this phobia right that instant.
"lol it can't be that ba--JESUS WHAT IS THAT"

I don't wanna go on the internet anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom