• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"lol it can't be that ba--JESUS WHAT IS THAT"

I don't wanna go on the internet anymore.
I searched it on google and now I feel I want to cry now :crying:

That's how scared and shocked I got just seeing two pictures of that
You do realize most of them are fake, right? No seriously, you can make one with just your hands, peanut butter and a pen to poke holes

D

Deleted member

*in Manon voice* Someone had to make it, right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now insiders are claiming the NX is coming out this year.

Handheld NX that is.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/2...l-release-nx-hand-held-game-device-this-year/

Next thing you know insiders will claim NX comes with a toaster and the cure for cancer.
Im only seeing a prediction from an anaylist. Unless that part is in th WSJ article which I can't read anyway.

Regardless. . .this is getting ridiculous. I can't wait for nintendo to announce this thing already so we can get this behind us. . .

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
New subject!

If Paper Mario U becomes a thing; and follows the pattern of PM64 and TTYD; what is the partner addition you want to see most?

Honestly, after the tease of how Prince Mush became the best fighter of the Glitz Pit...

I wanna see a buff toad.

New subject!

If Paper Mario U becomes a thing; and follows the pattern of PM64 and TTYD; what is the partner addition you want to see most?

Honestly, after the tease of how Prince Mush became the best fighter of the Glitz Pit...

I wanna see a buff toad.
Rawk Hawk
A Shy Guy. Easily my favorite Mario enemy.

Last edited:

Chrono.

New subject!

I wanna see a buff toad.
A Buzzy Beetle.

If it can even work...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Now here's the question.
Do you go with the somewhat timid guy who wants to be something more? (Akin to Koops)

Or...
Do we let the Mario RPGs poke at the "rules" set my the main games?
I was 100% thinking about a Shy Guy partner the other day as the first, tutorial partner. However, if its not called ShyGuide I don't want it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I didnt get to ask yesterday cause SmashBoards went down for maintenance, but where can I get those Mario stickers?
They are on a texting App called LINE. You get the app and then go onto the emotes store to buy them.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
New subject!

I wanna see a buff toad.
I want a Shy Guy, a Toad, and a Luma the most.
I'd also love to see a Whittle.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd also love to see a Whittle.
I was right in the middle of saying this actually. Whittles are probably my favorite minor Mario species. They're adorable, haha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda want the next Paper Mario to mix elements of the first two and Super Paper Mario.

Mainly, make it so the "main character" can be changed between Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Rosalina or something, and then still have partner characters that are OCs based on races like Goombas, Toads, Lumas, etc.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just want the creative worlds like in Super Paper Mario.
From the aesthetics, enemies and the characters as well. They are awesome when they go out of the way. It's why Super Paper Mario is my favorite of the series
These are probably characters you would NEVER see in a Mario game in general. And that's what makes it perfect.

Bowser Jr, Rosalina and Wario would be interesting in Paper Mario but they aren't as unique

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just want the creative worlds like in Super Paper Mario.
From the aesthetics, enemies and the characters as well. They are awesome when they go out of the way. It's why Super Paper Mario is my favorite of the series

These are probably characters you would NEVER see in a Mario game in general. And that's what makes it perfect.

Bowser Jr, Rosalina and Wario would be interesting in Paper Mario but they aren't as unique
Most of the character designs in SPP aren't that interesting though.

They're literally just squares and rectangles most of the time. It was explained in the plot but it was still lazy.

Characters like Rosalina are way more unique because they have distinct designs and in the case of some characters, deep enough personalities to work with for a proper RPG story. And in cases where they aren't well fleshed out already, they can be made fleshed out.

I love SPP but mostly for the story, gameplay, and utilisation of the classic Mario cast. I only really cared much about Francis, Dimentio, and Count Bleck.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Alternatively, try Advance Wars if you want a more pure tactical game. It's way easier to pick up and play too, whereas Fire Emblem (especially pre-Awakening) require more investment because of its long-term strategy and planning.

It's also better, if you ask me.
Advance Wars is, like, the sole reason for owning a GBA. Those games were all amazing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Most of the character designs in SPP aren't that interesting though.

They're literally just squares and rectangles most of the time. It was explained in the plot but it was still lazy.

Characters like Rosalina are way more unique because they have distinct designs and in the case of some characters, deep enough personalities to work with for a proper RPG story. And in cases where they aren't well fleshed out already, they can be made fleshed out.

I love SPP but mostly for the story, gameplay, and utilisation of the classic Mario cast. I only really cared much about Francis, Dimentio, and Count Bleck.
The characters were really fun and it seems that way, the game was like MS Paint perfected and was like a computer app with the shrinking and growing. Plus the characters are wonderful in each way.

I understand you're a Rosalina fan but you don't have to defend her honor. I never said that they weren't stand outs but that I just wanted unique characters and worlds.

SPM went into the Stone Age, a video game world, space and freaking HEAVEN AND HELL

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
New subject!

I wanna see a buff toad.
I'd eventually like to see Paper Rosalina in some capacity myself.

And even though it's probably not happening I want an allusion to Count Bleck because I like him and SPM as a whole dammit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changing Pee Ree to Peh Ree is a good idea in my opinion.
I still prefer Pieri
'Cause I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "Pi Eh Ree"
I made this in celebration of the excellent localized names for FE: Fates characters.
View attachment 94106
I forgot to include Rajhat but whatever
I forgot that show existed
But it's now incredible that the names match
I'm now 101% sure it was an intentional reference, NoA comfirmed to have good taste
"lol it can't be that ba--JESUS WHAT IS THAT"

I don't wanna go on the internet anymore.
I'm too scared now to Google that :drsad:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The characters were really fun and it seems that way, the game was like MS Paint perfected and was like a computer app with the shrinking and growing. Plus the characters are wonderful in each way.

I understand you're a Rosalina fan but you don't have to defend her honor. I never said that they weren't stand outs but that I just wanted unique characters and worlds.

SPM went into the Stone Age, a video game world, space and freaking HEAVEN AND HELL
I'm not defending anything because there is nothing to defend (for the record, I don't think Rosalina WILL appear in Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi beyond a cameo capacity, if even that).

Most of the original characters in SPP were completely one-dimensional and forgettable, and their bland designs have a lot to do with it. There were very few standouts. They could give you funny one-liners that you could appreciate as you played, but nothing stand out that I can really remember. Outside of the three OCs I mentioned, the highlight of SPM's writing was the fantastic development on Luigi, Peach, and Bowser as characters. The game did take you to a lot of locations (though technically main series Mario has covered all of the ones you have mentioned - in fact it's used the concept of an "entire universe" twice now and as far as I'm concerned, few settings can match that) but it did that with Luigi, Peach, and Bowser being the real stars of the show.

I'm all for original OC characters, but I don't want them done how SPM did it. I want them to look visually distinct, and using the "race OCs" route that the first two PM games went with is a good method of doing so.

Also MS Paint perfection would be Homestuck.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
hey guys I gotta question

How do you talk to cute people IRL without getting massive anxiety within their presence lmaoooo

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Either or.

I just don't want to freeze up or get tangential and make her lose interest or anything like that

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Either or.

I just don't want to freeze up or get tangential and make her lose interest or anything like that
It's cliché sounding but being yourself is key.

Reason being that if you have to put on a huge act then you never know if they are truly compatible with you, platonically, professionally, or romantically. And if you act different BECAUSE you think they won't like the real you then, well, that's not a good sign.

But I also think it helps to make sure you're in a good, healthy mood yourself. Get a good breakfast/lunch on the day before you hang out, look around you for stuff to talk about during the day if you think you might be short on things to talk about, maybe try to take an interest in things they like that you may not have explored yet.

This is pretty general advice since I don't know the specifics of your situation but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

How do you talk to cute people IRL without getting massive anxiety within their presence lmaoooo
Just don't think of it as being different from any other interaction.

D

Deleted member

Step 1: don't talk them
Step 2: there's no step 2
Congratulations, you saved yourself from an anxiety attack
I need help too

wildvine47

Smash Ace
If we're talkin what partner species we'd like in a future Paper Mario, my biggest want would be either a Snifit partner, a Monty Mole partner, or a Bully partner.

I do also think that the Chain Chomp partner we saw in early sticker star footage would be great to have back, and I do agree that it's about time we had a Shy Guy partner.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I have diagnosed anxiety and I'm bad at socializing. Pretending it's like any other conversation isn't really going to help.

(Also, since context was requested, I want this relationship to be romantic but she's a lesbian and no one IRL knows I'm trans)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
for my paper mario partner i want a ninji
and just an aside i want paper rosalina before paper daisy because then the cycle can be complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom