• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Out of the Galaxy exclusive species (i.e. Lumas don't count at this point), I would like to see Gearmos used more, so Paper Mario could be good for that.

I have diagnosed anxiety and I'm bad at socializing. Pretending it's like any other conversation isn't really going to help.

(Also, since context was requested, I want this relationship to be romantic but she's a lesbian and no one IRL knows I'm trans)
I had a close online friend who had diagnosed anxiety (and tourettes syndrome). She usually felt super nervous, even to the point of shaking and feeling like breaking down, before talking to a person she wanted to approach and wasn't overly familiar with already, but she usually eased in nicely when she DID speak to them eventually. A lot of it had to do with whoever she was talking to though, if it was a genuinely nice person she'd make a new friend fine, and in some cases she did have crushes that eventually built up to be relationships (that never stuck but that was either the guy turning out to be a **** or her rushing things).

And I am currently working at a special needs school and some of the kids have diagnosed anxiety. At first they are particularly nervous around me since I am a new face, but they tend to ease in fine once I help them with enough stuff and overall make my presence feel as normal as any of the other SNAs. That is a different context though.

The second part sounds a lot more complicated though. Do people not know you're trans because you haven't personally been able to talk about it due to anxiety, or is there a stigma towards trans people where you live that has kept you quiet?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I'd eventually like to see Paper Rosalina in some capacity myself.

And even though it's probably not happening I want an allusion to Count Bleck because I like him and SPM as a whole dammit.
I wanna see a Paper Daisy in action...

...and that might be a reality if the leak is true!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hopefully this doesn't spiral out of control again, but:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/430y7b/straight_from_noa_no_decision_currently_made/

No decision has been made on the skin-shipping game in FE Fates. Straight from NoA.

For the record, Richard Woolslayer is a known real person at NoA. Such as this instance of him replying to questions about the Club Nintendo Smash 4 soundtrack.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155461963&postcount=11608

I'm gonna say that either:

-This employee is not high enough in the chain to know if it was removed or doesn't have involvement with that stuff and wouldn't be told either way, leaving a possibility of it's removal to still be open.
-He is high enough to know and if there has been no decision NOW, then it isn't getting removed because the game is gonna be out soon.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I planned to take a few more days of break from posting here but this came up:

So there's Smash 4 NX rumors now? Not sure if this guy is reliable or not but even Source Gaming is RTing this so...

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

So there's Smash 4 NX rumors now? Not sure if this guy is reliable or not but even Source Gaming is RTing this so...
Oh ****, not this again.

@PushDustIn: You guys apparently retweeted this person, do you have anything to say about this at all?

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
tbh i hope its just false for selfish reasons (that being i want smash speculation to FINALLY be put to rest for a while lol)

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I planned to take a few more days of break from posting here but this came up:

So...you're telling me that speculation isn't dead yet??????

YOU MEAN THAT DAISY STILL HAS A CHANCE?!?!?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
tbh i hope its just false for selfish reasons (that being i want smash speculation to FINALLY be put to rest for a while lol)
This.

While there is a lot of potential for huge improvements and additions to the game (mainly in single-player) in a port, I sorta doubt we'd get that if it's a launch title.

I don't want any more mad speculation over an ultimately lukewarm game.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah I'm not ready for another round of speculations so soon.

If it's true, probably just a port.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Still hate the idea of smash 4 NX the same way i hate UMVC3 and USF4IV

*sigh*
Seriously, I would get an NX Day 1 if they add Princess Daisy as a separate fighter along with a Bowser Castle stage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly doubt it will be JUST a straight port if it's real.

At the very least, I think they will combine the content of Wii U/3DS.

Burruni

Smash Hero

No because if it IS real.
A) It's MOST likely a port + DLC.
B) Anyone who would be added would be :popo: because they were only cut due to technical limitations, :wolf: for being a high-demand clone that should be fairly simple to produce, and/or by a SLIIIIM chance a megaton request character like K. Rool or Inklings.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

No. Please stay away. Oh my God.

Stop. Talking. About. Daisy.

It's not even the fact that I think the character is a waste of human resources. Any character I would hate if you brought them up as much as you do Daisy. I swear you must be doing this for attention or you might have some sort of processing issue.

I don't want to be mean but I honestly cannot stand you posting on all these different sites. And It's annoying your here in Nintenzone now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is beyond funny now.

r/mario, more like r/daisy

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
why you talk about paper mario while i miss it? :(

I think rosalina and luma are likely to be paperised. Remember that TTYD had piantas :)

As for spm design, i really love the cubic design. A cube is a simple shape and looks kinda fun to play with so I liked to have the thibess of paper being combined with cubes :)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
K. Rool is about 50x more important than Daisy though. It's why he's a frontrunner.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, the constant Daisy posting counts as Spam, if it bugs you, report it
@PsychoIncarnate NOTHING beats Kiwami Escalation!
I made a bet with a friend. He beats EVERY Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem game, spinoffs included, I shave my head bald. He doesn't know I'm trans, so either he'll call it off when I get greenlit or I'll have to settle with a wig

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Smash NX?
Well if it's just "Ultimate Nintendo VS Sega VS Namco VS Capcom VS Squeenix 4", we'll probably get nothing.
But if we do get something;
Ice Climbers are probably gonna be in there 99%
Wolf is a possibility because clone
Waluigi is hanging on by a thread so thin it isn't even funny
Chrom could be the 3rd Marth Clone we need but not the one we deserve

D

Deleted member

For the record, and no offense to memoryman3, but I just want you guys to know that memoryman3 is intentionally trolling about Daisy at this point and your reactions are what keep him posting here about Daisy. He may be obsessive, but after seeing how you guys respond to him he is getting amusement off trolling you so don't feed it and just let him do his thing. Or maybe a mod will tell him to stop idk, but yeah.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so update on lucahjins twitter being hacked....the hacker deleted her account
what a *******

back on gaming news anyone think we will get 1-2 more characters in the nx version?

EDIT- seems lucah was also swated see my earlier opinion

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gee, I wonder how this character, who has never appeared since Mario Super Sluggers, is apparently a front-runner. Maybe it's due to his passionate fans? ;)
Yes.
That's exactly what I mean by "Megaton request."
An abundance of a powerful fanbase in the Smash community.
Thank you for noticing.

Edit: The fact that his fanbase has kept this strong IN SPITE of his absence is something greater than a lot of characters who have been "missing."

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For the record, and no offense to memoryman3, but I just want you guys to know that memoryman3 is intentionally trolling about Daisy at this point and your reactions are what keep him posting here about Daisy. He may be obsessive, but after seeing how you guys respond to him he is getting amusement off trolling you so don't feed it and just let him do his thing. Or maybe a mod will tell him to stop idk, but yeah.
I could tell as Boost even didn't exclusively talk about Geno. Trolls are meant to be reported too

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
K. Rool is about 50x more important than Daisy though. It's why he's a frontrunner.
Exactly why Daisy was a captain in that game while K.Rool was a crew member!

He might have been somewhat important in the 90's, but he's even been shafted for Donkey Kong Jr in Mario Maker. Unfortunately, he seems to be a relic of the past....

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
so update on lucahjins twitter being hacked....the hacker deleted her account
what a *******

back on gaming news anyone think we will get 1-2 more characters in the nx version?

EDIT- seems lucah was also swated see my earlier opinion
It's... a serious question and I think possible, but nothing close of a guarantee.
As I stated earlier, Ice Climbers and Wolf being brought back being the most likely avenues.

...Also isn't Lucah living with ProtonJon... for like the past few months?

Edit:
Exactly why Daisy was a captain in that game while K.Rool was a crew member!
Yeah.
K. Rool's a less important character in Super Mario Sluggers than a co-captain.
But he's been the final boss of an entire series; missing only 3 spots AS the main antagonist since the SNES era.
Daisy's never had that kind of presence in Mario.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If we do get a Super Smash Bros. For NX, it will have at least 5 or so new characters. That is the only way they'll get enough people to buy it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, Shovel Knight and Inklings were "Reliable" rumors too.

This rumor doesn't even DESERVE a grain of salt with all the crap we've dealt with. I'm going to wait until we even know what the NX is before giving this the time of day.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
K. Rool's a less important character in Super Mario Sluggers than a co-captain.
But he's been the final boss of an entire series; missing only 3 spots AS the main antagonist since the SNES era.
These games...don't really focus on the plot too much, otherwise the Snowmad or Tiki Tong would be a definite shoo in.

I'm still surprised that he isn't in Mario Kart yet.

D

Deleted member

Wow, I remember speculating about the game before it even came out, and yet here we are talking about it being released for the NX. How time goes by fast...

And well, the rumors never get any less ridiculous, it seems.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Another Daisy talk?

I begin to think that it was a good idea to erase my Daisy Mii in the past.
Really, it's really boring now. :4darkpit: Buttercup are better than Daisy anyway.:4drmario:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom