• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Please kill me now.

I was willing to give it a chance even with the first trailer, but now it looks like an only marginally more tolerable Minions.
I'll admit it.

The end got a laugh out of me.

If only because I was expecting it to go out the other end because "lol bird poop coz the movie is about birbs".

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Please kill me now.

I was willing to give it a chance even with the first trailer, but now it looks like an only marginally more tolerable Minions.
Nice to see one video game film doesn't want to try and stray from the stereotype of sucking.
/s
Help us Ratchet, you're our only hope.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Please kill me now.

It was all fine and dandy

but then the pig nation attacked and everything went to ****. Wasn't expecting anything more though, so eh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Angry Birds still popular?

And the movie looks bad and show why the games didn't have any actual story in them.
I don't think so.

But it probably takes years to make the movie

and it probably is going to have an influx of people playing the game after the movie

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't they announce years ago a Metal Gear movie?

Probably long canceled by now due to no Kojima and the ****ty state Konami is currently in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend finally got the Callie and Marie plushes I sent him and he really likes them.

:kirby:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Didn't they announce years ago a Metal Gear movie?

Probably long canceled by now due to no Kojima and the ****ty state Konami is currently in.
Last I heard was that some guy had just been hired to write the script last year with Avi Arad (Sony's not so Amazing Spider-Man films) producing.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
A good strategy game is Final Fantasy Tactics

Play PSP ver or if u dont have a psp play the IOS ver

Which by the way FF Tatics Advance comes out tomorrow for WiiU VC which is also good

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm still keeping my expectations low.

If only for the fact that movie adaptions of video games, thus far in their history, almost always turn out to be crap in several ways.
I'm just curious how well it'll turn out. Jumpscare jokes aside, the games never really did have much of a plot. Backstory maybe, but not really a moving focus.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just curious how well it'll turn out. Jumpscare jokes aside, the games never really did have much of a plot. Backstory maybe, but not really a moving focus.
I will admit that's true. The backstory and lore of the series always intrigued me, but the reason your character is actually in the place doesn't go much further than "He needed a job and he's the new night guard of this place." FNaF 3 doesn't even provide the guard's name.

Whether it sucks or is at least tolerable, I am still curious about it as well.

I dont know, FNAF seems like it would have a lot of potential to be terrifying with a few liberties. Too bad the horror genre isnt my cup of tea.

Wise wisdom from my dorm floor is attached. I hope this is legible

Attachments

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So... the Pokemon Company is starting a tournament series for Pokken Tournament with the first one being at EVO.
Huh. This is certainly going to be an interesting EVO.
I'll probably be sticking with SF and MvC3, but I will tune in to see this game. If only to see how the metagame is currently.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I know I'm like ten pages late for the FE Fates localization talk, but I couldn't resist sharing this beauty

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was browsing some of the Nintendo subreddits when I found this gem...

PoorEliwood.png

I have no words on this.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay kiddies, story time!

So it's my sister's birthday tomorrow. There was a time where my sister was pretty big into Animal Crossing... not as much as me, but you know, it attracts that demographic. She didn't touch Animal Crossing on GameCube much, but when Wild World came around, she was much more active. I put god knows how many hours into Wild World, getting the mansion, Nookingtons, ALMOST completing the museum, you know, the works.

So uh... fun fact, I didn't think much about other people's feelings as a kid. Not with video games.

My sister did not touch Wild World nearly as much as I did, but since Wild World FORCED you to share a house, she got her own designated room. It was only a single room in the entire mansion set up... but it was hers none the less.

See, the thing is... I REAAAALLY wanted to put a kitchen into my house as a kid, but I had used my last space to make an arcade sooooo... her room was kinda preventing that. Obviously she said no when I asked her to rennovate it. So, I sort of, kind of...

Deleted her villager...? She wasn't too happy about that.

I know. I was awful. I was also like 11 years old with aspergers so taking others feelings into account wasn't quite my forte at the time...

Oh yeah, on top of that I may have lost her GBA SP. Again, she never used it, and I actually am PRETTY sure that one wasn't my fault, but she always blamed me. Needless to say, what very little bits of gamer she had in her I more or less killed.

Of course, my sis and I love each other. But she has never let me live either of those down, even to this day. Especially recently, with all the AC Amiibo I've gotten and HHD and such making Animal Crossing relevant in my life again. She does it mostly jokingly, of course, but it gets grating after awhile and do legitimately feel guilty for what I did.

So, for her birthday this year, I'm going to kill two birds with one stone.

20160127_180336.jpg

Last edited:

Chrono.

Great stuff. I'm telling you, Charizard, Megaman, Pac-man, and Shulk are so good with customs on although it is funny that this highlights how much they typically screw Little Mac over.
Ironic considering the guy who posted it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom