• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Witches, at Level 35, get Witch's Poison.
Skill x 1.5% chance to reduce enemy movement to 0 and their avoid by 20 after combat.

And, with Warp, they can instantly move next to any ALLY and take an action.

Fates is clearly P2W

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream last night where time froze twice and my first thoughts weren't "That's odd this must be a dream"

Yet I've had little things such as people act a little different that tip me off it's a dream.

I think it's strange "Supernatural" events in dreams don't tip me off it's a dream.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So.
Witches, at Level 35, get Witch's Poison.
Skill x 1.5% chance to reduce enemy movement to 0 and their avoid by 20 after combat.

And, with Warp, they can instantly move next to any ALLY and take an action.

Fates is clearly P2W
btw, you get a free Witch Mark one time only as DLC called 'Anna's Gift'. That, or you get to be a ballistician

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
*explanation on Shoulder Bash removal*
Jesus ****ing Christ, Sakurai's never been a bigger idiot than this. 'It's to buff him!' The only thing the new fsmash has is more range, fans loved the shoulder bash as it was iconic. 'I can't make everything canon in the game' Yet who's the person who had Wario's Shoulder Bash as a forward smash? Sakurai. Watch all the ****ing idiots say 'Welp, Sakurai's 100% right, so people aren't allowed to complain or question his stance on things'
I see his intention, but what we ended up with doesn't buff him at all.

It might be an oversight for all we know. It's hella powerful (few fsmashes are stronger) so being frame 18 with 47 end lag is warranted...if it actually had more range than his FTilt. Either way bad range is an intentional flaw on his design, so not sure.

I couldn't care less about them replacing an iconic move, it doesn't affect my enjoyment nor does it matter for his design. I just want a good fsmash, dammit.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
btw, you get a free Witch Mark one time only as DLC called 'Anna's Gift'. That, or you get to be a ballistician
Ballisticians seem REALLY one note. "Range."
Because the only thing to note of their skills are +10 hit and a Skill% chance to attack a random enemy in range at the start of Player Phase.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I'm going to have a pretty empty wallet, aren't I? Not just with Smash Bros, but with Fire Emblem.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Witch
Witches seem to be pretty alright, low growths added, but access to 2 parts of the Weapon Triangle and Witch's Poison is pretty sweet, especially with Mag at 10 at level 1!
2 parts of the weapon triangle? What's the 2nd one? I know they have Magic, but what's the 2nd one?

And no talk of Ballistacians? For shame...

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ballisticians seem REALLY one note. "Range."
Because the only thing to note of their skills are +10 hit and a Skill% chance to attack a random enemy in range at the start of Player Phase.
At least it means you're canonically Anna's boyfriend :troll:
I see his intention, but what we ended up with doesn't buff him at all.

It might be an oversight for all we know. It's hella powerful (few fsmashes are stronger) so being frame 18 with 47 end lag is warranted...if it actually had more range than his FTilt. Either way bad range is an intentional flaw on his design, so not sure.

I couldn't care less about them replacing an iconic move, it doesn't affect my enjoyment nor does it matter for his design. I just want a good fsmash, dammit.
As a casual I prefer the old one solely based on the animation

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I'm going to have a pretty empty wallet, aren't I? Not just with Smash Bros, but with Fire Emblem.

2 parts of the weapon triangle? What's the 2nd one? I know they have Magic, but what's the 2nd one?

Unofficial 7th part that is the Dark tomes.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You get the DLC for 0 dollars and 0 cents
Go in
Pick from one or the other
Get stuff from Lady Anna
And then it's gone forever and you can't go back to it. :4pacman:
Well since its free i don't mind. But I hope we get to choose because I need to fullfill my Witch Wants.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
One time? What does that mean?
Witch Marks are a one time item to promote a single female unit to a Witch, you only get to use Anna's Gift once

Wait, did I do goofed? Magic and Dark Magic are different, right?

btw, I know I got ninja'd on both of these. I don't care, I'm hexing the fools anyway
Well since its free i don't mind. But I hope we get to choose because I need to fullfill my Witch Wants.
You get to choose, not to mention a paid DLC map will reward you with a Witch Mark every time you beat it, which is as much as you can

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Witch Marks are a one time item to promote a single female unit to a Witch, you only get to use Anna's Gift once

Wait, did I do goofed? Magic and Dark Magic are different, right?

btw, I know I got ninja'd on both of these. I don't care, I'm hexing the fools anyway

You get to choose, not to mention a paid DLC map will reward you with a Witch Mark every time you beat it, which is as much as you can
Dark Magic, like in Awakening, has the same attributes of normal tomes but require the skill ShadowGift to equip if yu are not a Dark Mage or Sorceor.

D

Deleted member

I just recently beat Majora's Mask 3D with all masks and....

Christ all mighty, the Fierce Diety Mask makes everything a joke (except Gyorg's Second form, screw that boss). Seriously i killed Majora in less than 5 minutes.

Overall, i liked Majora's Mask 3D. It's not my favorite Zelda game (i prefer ALBW when it comes to 3DS Zelda games) but it may have my favorite cast of secondary/minor characters (Kafei, Romani, etc).

I plan to beat a ton of Zelda games this year just for giggles. Right now im considering to tackle either TP HD or Link's Awakening DX

Im gonna leave you with a joke.

What do Mewtwo, Neo Cortex and the Empire share in common?

THEY ALL STRIKE BACK!

Okay, i'll see myself out

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
FE seems like the kind of game I should like, as long as we're talking about a tactics fighter.

It's this garbage that prevents me from taking it seriously.

"What would you rather have in the palm of your hand; the Fate of the world, or DAT BOOTY THO?!"
Play the older games, as in, those released prior to Awakening and had nothing of that stuff.

Those can actually be taken seriously.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Alternatively, try Advance Wars if you want a more pure tactical game. It's way easier to pick up and play too, whereas Fire Emblem (especially pre-Awakening) require more investment because of its long-term strategy and planning.

It's also better, if you ask me.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Play the older games, as in, those released prior to Awakening and had nothing of that stuff.

Those can actually be taken seriously.
Fates.I can more or less understand.I dont' agree but understand.But whats wrong with awakening?It's an amazing game with fun content and characters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or you know, Codename STEAM.

It's super cheap nowadays too, even brand new, if you want a pure tactical game.

Not that I think a bit of fan service really ruins Fire Emblem by any stretch.

Saying the fan service ruins Fire Emblem, is like me saying Butt Mode ruins Shovel Knight.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Awakening's problems extends far beyond the fanservice. The map design is terrible, too barren and open for most of them. There's a huge lack of mission variety, and even on hard mode it's ridiculously easy to break the game, even without grinding. It takes a lot of what makes Fire Emblem fun for me, as in, strategizing. Awakening feels more like a standard RPG in a lot of ways, disguised as a tactical RPG.

Fates, from what I heard, fixes a lot of its issues though (at least Conquest.)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So it's not part of the weapon triangle anymore? That sucks
Actually, there is a new Weapon Triangle. Simple as this:
Swords AND Magic < Axes AND Bows < Lances AND Hidden Weapons(Knives/Shuriken/Kunai/etc).

Also, I don't think I want to spoil anything about Dark Magic cause........*snicker*

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys? I know this isn't the right forum but I need some help.

So I'm using Windows 10, browsing and minding my own business, but suddenly my mouse wheel cannot scroll upwards or downwards? I can click and drag to scroll up, manually click and hold and drag down the scroll bar, but cannot scroll upwards or downward with the wheel. What do

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Awakening's problems extends far beyond the fanservice. The map design is terrible, too barren and open for most of them. There's a huge lack of mission variety, and even on hard mode it's ridiculously easy to break the game, even without grinding. It takes a lot of what makes Fire Emblem fun for me, as in, strategizing. Awakening feels more like a standard RPG in a lot of ways, disguised as a tactical RPG.

I mean that's one thing, I won't comment on that since I haven't played it, but I'm referring to those saying the game can't be taken seriously just because Tharja has a bit of fan-service as a reward for a light-hearted DLC mission or something.

People just need to learn to register what's supposed to be there "for the craic" and what's meant to be sincere.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Please kill me now.

I was willing to give it a chance even with the first trailer, but now it looks like an only marginally more tolerable Minions.

Last edited:

Chrono.

First4Figures is scrapping the Classic Sonic 25th statue and coming up with something else.

Apparently it's because people were too divided on it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Maybe play RTS games like Starcraft 2 for the strategy?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First4Figures is scrapping the Classic Sonic 25th statue and coming up with something else.

Apparently it's because people were too divided on it.
WHAT

Noooo I was so pumped to pre-order that.

What were people so divided on?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Seriously. **** NINTENDO AND THEIR CENSORSHIP.

They took the best mini-game away from the newest installment of my favorite JRPG series just because some people thought it was creepy.

I almost didn't buy X when I found out!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well that's a shame, I didn't notice too much of a divide on it.

There was obviously that vote for the colour scheme of the base but that went smoothly. And while some people complained about him playing a Dreamcast and SA1, they changed it to a Genesis and Sonic 1 pretty promptly (with the exclusive version set to still have a swappable Dreamcast and TV with SA1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom