• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know much on one but ok.

2) Well if the game is already planned( or even done), for here, then this should be fine.

Plus it's the big anniversary, I don't think they'd skip a game, especially when the western audience has already well received it.
Two Phoenix Wright games and I 'think' the Layton crossover.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AlphaOmegaSin just used the line "My hero in the halfshell was busting out of the seems in my shorts ...looking at this"

Talking about the turtles game

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It took forever, but Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney definitely made it over here.

And it's awesome.
I swear there was a 3rd detective game that got canned for here. I know for a fact that Edgeworth 2 and the Phoenix's ancestor game got canned.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yooo, Pokken at EVO? This is going to be interesting.

Burruni

Smash Hero
When it comes to Pokken, I've got a main and sub in mind.

Main:
because the world's smallest suplex & kinniku buster need to be feared.
Sub:
Gotta support my girl.

If we stretch to Tertiary...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When it comes to Pokken, I've got a main and sub in mind.

Main: :025: Libre because the world's smallest suplex & kinniku buster need to be feared.
Sub:
Gotta support my girl.

If we stretch to Tertiary...
And then we find out Gardevoir in Pokken is male.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have a character I really even want to play in Pokken yet

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm still hoping for some more Johto Pokemon...mainly Ursaring, since he's one of the only Pokemon who I'd swap Chandelure out as a main for. :p
Ursaring and zangoose are like the two characters I want the most. Would be Day 1 main

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I swear there was a 3rd detective game that got canned for here. I know for a fact that Edgeworth 2 and the Phoenix's ancestor game got canned.
The ancestor one is the detective one.

Only Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and The Great Ace Attorney have not been localized.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did FE fates have the drug thing if you were the female that wanted to marry the gay guy?

Or did they so some weird thing with that?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Did FE fates have the drug thing if you were the female that wanted to marry the gay guy?

Or did they so some weird thing with that?
There was a support conversation where a male main character would drug a female character so that she saw men as women, and vice-versa. This was NOT, however, in an attempt to romance her, but merely to help her move past her crippling shyness around cute females. She could practice on the main character until she could interact with them normally. While she did not request the drug, she had specifically asked him for help dealing with cute girls. The marriage that (potentially) grows out of this was incidental. And she has marriage options with only male characters.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Main is regular Pikachu because Hehachimon.

Secondary is Gardevoir because Gardevoir.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Because I'm seeing discussion about it starting up, here's a video explaining what the Soleil support ACTUALLY entails and not the sensationalized tumblr-ified version that ended up spreading and going around on a bunch of less-than-professionally-researched news websites.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought it was the other way around: a straight guy and a lesbian. Either way, that was last week's FE butthurt outpouring because that had been cut.
It IS the other way around

Do they just not have ANYTHING for the straight girl and gay guy though?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Because I'm seeing discussion about it starting up, here's a video explaining what the Soleil support ACTUALLY entails and not the sensationalized tumblr-ified version that ended up spreading and going around on a bunch of less-than-professionally-researched news websites.
Ironically, that video spreads a lot of misinformation itself.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a customer the other day, I just remembered

I looked at his ID and started laughing

It was a super old guy named "Graves" and he lived on "Rip lane"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I had a customer the other day, I just remembered

I looked at his ID and started laughing

It was a super old guy named "Graves" and he lived on "Rip lane"
That's horrible, you're horrible, it's hilarious and therefore I am also horrible.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For Pokken, I'm thinking either Chandelure or Garchomp, both of those Pokémon seem like they'd fit my playstyle.

For secondaries, it'd probably be Lucario since I like having an all-rounder as a back-up.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gonna try maining Charizard, Pikachu Libre, Suicune and Garchomp.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I just ask because the last roster image we saw with currently everyone unlocked, still had room for 4 more Pokemon.
They could make it larger and iirc they've changed it before, so I'd say "At least four"

my predictions

Detective Pikachu
Dr. Pikachu
Grey Mewtwo
Bidoof

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
4 more would be cool and there does seem to be two or three big obvious choices missing but I'm happy with what we've got so far.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
I'm highly thinking about maining Sceptile and Gengar when it comes out for the Wii U. Also, how will the game work on EVO? IIRC, the game needs to be played with the Gamepad.

Chrono.

I'm highly thinking about maining Sceptile and Gengar when it comes out for the Wii U. Also, how will the game work on EVO? IIRC, the game needs to be played with the Gamepad.
There's LAN connectivity (aka two Wii Us and two Tvs, both on w/e controller)

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

A reminder that NoA and NoE's people in charge of promotion are too dumb to bring these posters in western countries.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There was a problem fetching the tweet

A reminder that NoA and NoE's people in charge of promotion are too dumb to bring these posters in western countries.
They did through Club Nintendo though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is going to sound kind of stupid

But I just figured out that the position you place the animatronics in FNAF World actually matters

Place Withered Bonnie on top, for example, and Eye Beam CAN'T hit lower placed enemies

but place him in the middle, not only CAN it hit lower placed enemies, but it can also hit multiple if they are next to eachother

Edit: Actually, I wonder if it's a difference between hard and normal mode. I never seemed to have a problem in normal mode

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is going to sound kind of stupid

But I just figured out that the position you place the animatronics in FNAF World actually matters

Place Withered Bonnie on top, for example, and Eye Beam CAN'T hit lower placed enemies

but place him in the middle, not only CAN it hit lower placed enemies, but it can also hit multiple if they are next to eachother

Edit: Actually, I wonder if it's a difference between hard and normal mode. I never seemed to have a problem in normal mode
I mean you're playing a game that explains jack.

It's not really your fault.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Full EVO line up
  • SF5
  • Melee
  • Smash 4
  • MKX
  • GGXrd Revelator
  • Pokken
  • Mahvel 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7 Fated Retribution
Drops from last year
  • Ultra SF4
  • P4AU
I'm not surprised that both Smash games made it back due to the numbers and Smash 4's DLC wave considering last year Ryu/Roy/Lucas was banned and now they are playable with Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta.

>Pokken
That's the biggest surprise there. Nintendo is trying to take over EVO. Now only if Nintendo vs Capcom can finally happen and Nintendo can truly rule fighters forever

>Mahvel 3 still hasn't died off yet
I can understand that a lot of BB fans are massively pissed that Pokken is in but goddamn it, get mad at Mahvel for literally wasting a spot.

>but the numbers
Screw the numbers, Combofiend doesn't care about Mahvel anymore, JWong doesn't care about Marvel anymore, neither does Filipino Chump, Infiltration, Flocker and hell I doubt Woolie even cares about Mahvel anymore.

I bet ChrisG is still riding this game hard because it's the only game he can go far in since he can barely reach top 16 in Street Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom