• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Chrono.

Unless SF4 gets confirmed soon, Nintendo has one more game than Capcom at EVO.

That's crazy.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Funny that most of the people upset at the removal of the feature are upset because of censorship and removing features all that, not because of what the feature actually was. Because it's a weird, creepy feature that most people cringed at when it was announced.

It's not the same as the boob slider. Boobs, like eyes and noses and hair and all those other aspects featured in the customizer, are all parts of the human body and should be fair game when creating a character, especially if they've already been included.
That's what gets me about the whole thing. All I remember was people not liking the feature at all and people saying it was one of the things that "ruined" the game (People saying they canceled pre-orders over THAT). Now that the feature has been cut out however, you have people wanting it back because.....it's cut content. How many people ACTUALLY liked the idea?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is Cloud just "A better Little Mac with a Sword", or is it more than just that?
Much more. Cloud's weaknesses nowhere hinder him as much as Little Mac's do and there's a reason why people are now commonly referring to him as "sword Mario." Easily high tier and at worst tied with Ike for second best swordsman in the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can we not compare this to the Holocaust?

I know the point but really?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would rather be insane than ignorant.

And i'm already half way there

(large image much?)

well if you say so
Rude, man. What did I do to you. ):

Unless SF4 gets confirmed soon, Nintendo has one more game than Capcom at EVO.

That's crazy.
Surreal, really. Ninty of all things having a bigger presence than most fighting game devs at EVO?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Full EVO line up
  • SF5
  • Melee
  • Smash 4
  • MKX
  • GGXrd Revelator
  • Pokken
  • Mahvel 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken 7 Fated Retribution
Drops from last year
  • Ultra SF4
  • P4AU

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Holy ****ing ****
Now THIS is nice to hear. Excited to see this at the event and also glad to see Nintendo put another game here.

I remember having a discussion with my friends (more like an argument) where they didn't consider Pokken Tournament a fighting game (more akin to a party game). Opinions have changed, but I still find the whole situation funny in retrospect.

Hope to see a Sceptile come out on top. :cool:

Chrono.

Presenting:
  • The Anime Row
  • The Nintendo Row
  • The Edgy Row
In all seriousnes, this line up is amazing.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man first akuma and then the girl from wrek it ralph namco sure knows how to get good guest characters :troll:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Can we not compare this to the Holocaust?

I know the point but really?
I mean the quote is less meant for the holocaust reference and more for the famous quote amounting to "if I abandon everyone else when it's important to them I can expect to be abandoned when it's important to me" part

But, I've gone ahead and changed it to be a bit more apt and less holocausty.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I beat paper jam today YAY!!!!!!

the end part was really intense, really fun and really challenging, exactly what I expect from m&l and their bosses.

The endgame rewards is btw awesome, I wont; spoil it until my review, but it;s really good for me, hint, it;s something I am known to like :)

Yeah expect the review to be done in say this week, maybe 2 days we'll see :)

What i can already tell is it;s still very positive (might have improved it because of the awesome last fights) and I am not technically done, I intend to do all expert challenges :)

But that I don;t think I can do it before I do the review + iot;s not a big part of the game so.

Stay tuned for one of my very exhaustive wall of text :)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Kotaku also has an article on McDonald's chocolate covered fries

Which REALLY doesn't sound that gross considering I always dip my fries in chocolate milk shake
They look gross. I decided against them last night.

About the actual topic on hand:

"Nintendo is an idiot for not catering to the hardcore crowd!"

-Smash sells better than all of those fighters.

I think Nintendo is doing just fine.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Unpopular opinion: french fries in chocolate is no less gross than nacho cheese or gravy in the grand scheme of things. All three are nutritionally heinous, are made up of most of the same ingredients, and taste awesome with potatoes.

Add in: I meant more so because, let's face it, the Wii and Wii U caused a lot of people to jump ship.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm most intrigued by Gengar, Sceptile, and Chandelure.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pokken Tournament will be in EVO this year... I'm speechless. This has revitalized my interest in Pokken.

It makes me hope that DLC will be a thing after the console release so that we could see a reveal during EVO similar to the new fighter reveal for Street Fighter V in last year's EVO. I mean, that would be a great way of maintaining the Pokken hype throughout the tournament.

As for the fighters I'm most interested in at the moment, they are Sceptile and Chandelure.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
McDonald's has chocolate-covered fries now?

Eh, they might be visually unappetizing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll taste bad. I've heard of many people who love dipping french fries in chocolate shakes before eating them (including some members of my own family :p), and while I've never tried doing that myself, I don't see the flavors possibly clashing THAT badly.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Actually oes someone mind telling me what that guy's avi is from?

ive seen like 20 people on SB have these and I have no idea what they are supposed to be from. and dont say "it's hsien ko"
so close to 10,000 posts. Was hoping my XCX rant would be that post but there is no way I will do the last chapter before I post 6 more times

>Notice a lurker
>Check profile to see if I know them
>Another one of those weird avis I dont understand

EVEN THE LURKERS WISH TO ENHANCE MY PAIN

And since i'm feeling musical and I already linked Smooth Criminal in the Discord (you know who you are)

"Curiouser and curiouser."

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, if you were interested in FNaF World, someone on the Steam User Forums found the early free download link. Game hasn't updated yet, obviously, but it's free, and on Steam, just currently hidden.

If you want the URL, pm me.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never realized other people did the whole "dip the fry in the chocolate shake thing" as well. This whole time I thought it was just some weird thing only I did as a kid/still do in private. :laugh:

Pokken at EVO's a great surprise. Mains? At the moment, auto-maining Chandelure before seeing any footage of it, and using Gengar as a secondary. :p

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I never realized other people did the whole "dip the fry in the chocolate shake thing" as well. This whole time I thought it was just some weird thing only I did as a kid/still do in private. :laugh:

Pokken at EVO's a great surprise. Mains? At the moment, auto-maining Chandelure before seeing any footage of it, and using Gengar as a secondary. :p
Maining weavile and sceptile,they were my favorite Pokemon growing up and they look awesome in pokken.Probably gonna make suicune a secondary because #muhgen2

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maining weavile and sceptile,they were my favorite Pokemon growing up and they look awesome in pokken.Probably gonna make suicune a secondary because #muhgen2
I'm still hoping for some more Johto Pokemon...mainly Ursaring, since he's one of the only Pokemon who I'd swap Chandelure out as a main for. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I have to help pay for flowers for a funeral to someone, that I guess is technically family but I'm not related to in any way and my family keep saying they have to have the money by tomorrow

But when I ask how MUCH money they don't give me an answer

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The reason I say it may not come is due to 2 things.

1# There's been a recent trend of detective games not coming here lately

2# Voice acting
I don't know much on one but ok.

2) Well if the game is already planned( or even done), for here, then this should be fine.

Plus it's the big anniversary, I don't think they'd skip a game, especially when the western audience has already well received it.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
McDonald's has chocolate-covered fries now?

Eh, they might be visually unappetizing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll taste bad. I've heard of many people who love dipping french fries in chocolate shakes before eating them (including some members of my own family :p), and while I've never tried doing that myself, I don't see the flavors possibly clashing THAT badly.
giant snake
birthday cake
large fries
chocolate shake

agreed

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I cannot wait for the pics of Melee on that stage. That is so phenomenal.

I'm pleasantly surprised Smash 4 got in. Wizard seemed to not like the game that much so I expected it to be dropped. Good to see it's still in. People complaining about it not being on Sunday and not getting Main Stage... guys, the scene is young and the game hasn't developed. Melee had to fight for 10 years to get the scene to where it is. This isn't a Melee vs. Smash 4 thing at all. It's just a matter of how much the game means to Fighting Games. Melee is undoubtedly the more spectator friendly game for the Main Stage.

Pokken is a pleasent surprise. I was already planning on playing the game competitively but now that it seems like Nintendo/TPC will actually care about the competitive scene I'm totally in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom