• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm not surprised that both Smash games made it back due to the numbers and Smash 4's DLC wave considering last year Ryu/Roy/Lucas was banned and now they are playable with Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta.

>Pokken
That's the biggest surprise there. Nintendo is trying to take over EVO. Now only if Nintendo vs Capcom can finally happen and Nintendo can truly rule fighters forever

>Mahvel 3 still hasn't died off yet

I can understand that a lot of BB fans are massively pissed that Pokken is in but goddamn it, get mad at Mahvel for literally wasting a spot.

>but the numbers
Screw the numbers, Combofiend doesn't care about Mahvel anymore, JWong doesn't care about Marvel anymore, neither does Filipino Chump, Infiltration, Flocker and hell I doubt Woolie even cares about Mahvel anymore.

I bet ChrisG is still riding this game hard because it's the only game he can go far in since he can barely reach top 16 in Street Fighter
Champ stahp plz, can only handle so much truth

For real tho, I'd love to see Justin Wong's Weavile after seeing him do so well at the invitational.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can understand that a lot of BB fans are massively pissed that Pokken is in but goddamn it, get mad at Mahvel for literally wasting a spot.

>but the numbers
Screw the numbers, Combofiend doesn't care about Mahvel anymore, JWong doesn't care about Marvel anymore, neither does Filipino Chump, Infiltration, Flocker and hell I doubt Woolie even cares about Mahvel anymore.

I bet ChrisG is still riding this game hard because it's the only game he can go far in since he can barely reach top 16 in Street Fighter
Blame Mr Wizard lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not surprised that both Smash games made it back due to the numbers and Smash 4's DLC wave considering last year Ryu/Roy/Lucas was banned and now they are playable with Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta.

>Pokken
That's the biggest surprise there. Nintendo is trying to take over EVO. Now only if Nintendo vs Capcom can finally happen and Nintendo can truly rule fighters forever

>but the numbers

I dunno.

Hulk winning last year's EVO was incredibly hype.

I know I'll still watch it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

EVO's lineup has been very salty this year and to my surprise (sorta) its mostly because two Smash games made it over while the two Street Fighters couldn't.

Pokken has been something of a whirlwind of emotions lol

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Blame Mr Wizard lol
Mr. Wizard always hated anime games and can see that he can accept Smash because of the numbers but he despises all anime fighters for years.

It probably pissed him off knowing that Guilty Gear AND Persona 4 Arena was at EVO last year. Even then, I understand the situation considering CF isn't even out yet anywhere and 2.0 is just a mess.

And good luck seeing P4AU anymore considering 2.0 hasn't been released yet.

My issue with Marvel is that the game makes almost no money at all and benefits no one but the stream monsters. Atleast they can get that Nintendo bucks with Smash, those Namco bucks with Tekken and Pokken but they can't get nothing from Marvel/Disney nor Capcom for streaming that game, the meta being so down right embarrassing, the game just isn't interesting to watch at a high level anymore considering the best players left a long time ago, the game is now 6 years old and even most fighters don't last that long (lol Melee) and it's just a waste of a spot because it's a tradition to have a MvC game at EVO when they can just easily drop it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And I just ran into my first real problem with FNAF world

The game autosaves at certain parts

Meaning that if you do a certain thing, but the game CRASHES while your doing it

When you restart, the thing you wanted is GONE and you can't get it. Because it saved you touching it but not actually completing it

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Everybody does it all the time, but I hate how people call MvC "Marvel" or "Mahvel". That suggests that Capcom is non-existent, and that it's just some generic Marvel Comics game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
EVO's lineup has been very salty this year and to my surprise (sorta) its mostly because two Smash games made it over while the two Street Fighters couldn't.

Pokken has been something of a whirlwind of emotions lol
Well to be fair Smash doesn't have much of an overlap like USFIV and SFV will. I just wished a game like SkullGirls got in. Gonna watch some Pokken vids but I can't help but feel it was a bad choice.

Chrono.

Eh I gotta be honest Smash 4's EVO wasn't great aside of the Wario shenanigans.

Also that reminds me, any word on customs this time around?

Eh I gotta be honest Smash 4's EVO wasn't great aside of the Wario shenanigans.

Also that reminds me, any word on customs this time around?
How many big tournaments are running custom moves anymore?

Because as far as I know, it's equal to the amount of custom moves DLC characters got.

Zero :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I dunno.

Hulk winning last year's EVO was incredibly hype.

I know I'll still watch it.
I still love that he won it and it was a great moment though. Hell NintenZone was great during EVO

• Abadango going ham
  • HBox going full heel mode and the death of Leffen and Mango
  • SONICFOXWINSLOL
  • Guilty Gear's greatest moment that made it into freaking SportsCenter
  • The last two matches of USF4
Great times, great times. I hope we can do it again.

Well to be fair Smash doesn't have much of an overlap like USFIV and SFV will. I just wished a game like SkullGirls got in. Gonna watch some Pokken vids but I can't help but feel it was a bad choice.
Skullgirls will never make it in unless Lab Zero and MikeZ have the massive fund to bring it in.

Everybody does it all the time, but I hate how people call MvC "Marvel" or "Mahvel". That suggests that Capcom is non-existent, and that it's just some generic Marvel Comics game.
It's been like that for YEARS especially since Marvel vs Capcom 2 days.

Even then it makes sense considering 80% of the most played characters and the top tier characters are from Marvel.
Doom, Wolverine, Phoenix, Storm, Super Skrull, Deadpool, Magneto and Hulk.

The best Capcom characters are easily Vergil, Dante, Morrigan and Zero. And that's mostly it, especially considering Wesker and Spencer got nerfed from vanilla, Akuma is only as good as the player, Haggar is a nice counterpick but isn't worth it and everyone else doesn't matter in a sense

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Eh I gotta be honest Smash 4's EVO wasn't great aside of the Wario shenanigans
I blame the sole fact that Customs was there and CEO, a tournament that was much better than EVO overall, had the best Smash 4 tournament ever until Big House. Seriously, CEO was the greatest especially with the Smash 4 Doubles and that Sol/Ryo Little Mac Ike combo and HBox going Rest crazy and ZeRo vs Nairo rivalry starting to begin

Chrono.

How many big tournaments are running custom moves anymore?

Because as far as I know, it's equal to the amount of custom moves DLC characters got.

Zero :p
Well as it turns out, its still in consideration.

So basically it wont happen given the negative reception.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You know people are salty over this year's line up when r/Kappa of all places wants KOF XIV to save them lol XD :p
/r/Kappa is ****ing joke right now!

That said, I really want KOFXIV to be good. The latest teaser looked alright, at least better than the previous ones. But god does it come off as bland. It feels lifeless. Why couldn't they just pull an Xrd and go Cel-shaded?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Couldn't care less what games are at tournaments so long as they're fun to watch. Though I hope Tri-Borg gets time to shine.

Chrono.

/r/Kappa is ****ing joke right now!

That said, I really want KOFXIV to be good. The latest teaser looked alright, at least better than the previous ones. But god does it come off as bland. It feels lifeless. Why couldn't they just pull an Xrd and go Cel-shaded?
From what I heard the game itself is really fun and plays well.

I feel like the biggest reason it looks so dull is because the stages are empty (so far)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Couldn't care less what games are at tournaments so long as they're fun to watch. Though I hope Tri-Borg gets time to shine.
Who cares. Sonicfox and his furry companions will ruin it anyways
From what I heard the game itself is really fun and plays well.

I feel like the biggest reason it looks so dull is because the stages are empty (so far)
That's one of my biggest complaints. Some of these stages could really uses a hyped crowd that reacts to the fighters.

Wait, who did you here it plays well from? I didn't know anyone played it yet.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Who cares. Sonicfox and his furry companions will ruin it anyways

That's one of my biggest complaints. Some of these stages could really uses a hyped crowd that reacts to the fighters.

Wait, who did you here it plays well from? I didn't know anyone played it yet.
It was playable on PS Experience

You can find some gameplay snips on YouTube

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It was playable on PS Experience

You can find some gameplay snips on YouTube
Well so long as the visuals improve, this game will be okay. Hopefully come E3 they'll show off the game better, cause the trailers aren't doing it justice.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Detective Pikachu for Smash 4 please.

Screw Layton.

Detective Pikachu is the hard-boiled gumshoe we need.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Customs are dead as dead.

Almost no one wants them legal within any capacity except Mii mains (although this is a different debate from customs) and Palutena players.

And those are few and far between.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think customs should eventually be legal in some capacity but they don't need to be right now.

They will spice up the game when it starts getting stale.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think customs should eventually be legal in some capacity but they don't need to be right now.

They will spice up the game when it starts getting stale.
I think that's exactly it. When the game finally reaches a standstill, with the meta well developed and established at long last, that may be the time to finally start indulging customs. But for now, it's probably best for everyone that it stays normal while we're still in the process of arguing 2 vs 3 stocks. :V

At the very least, I feel :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:, :4palutena: and maybe :4megaman: should have them legal at some point.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The meta for Smash 4 will never fully develop with the rate the community is going, what with so many players who just refuse to innovate, but customs will spice things up when people get to that point.

Palutena and Miis should be allowed customs at least even now though. Like I don't see why we can't just agree on a set for them, at least.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No, It's like we customs people always said.
If customs don't become widespread at the very beginning, they will never ever be used.
Unfortunately, that seems to be happening, which is a shame because customs make the game much better balanced.

At the very least, I feel :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:, :4palutena: and maybe :4megaman: should have them legal at some point.
It's all or nothing. Either EVERYONE gets customs or no one. No reason to give a select few characters and advantage.

Customs won't become popular until top players and TOs start wanting them. People echo whatever the face of the community says, regardless of any logic behind it.

So unless Zero and TOs, who are vehemently against customs, suddenly change their mind, Customs wont be legal. Top pros dont want to rock the boat because they might not be as good in the new meta as the old meta. Tos don't want to deal with all the setups.

Not a fun ride for pro-custom people.

Also 10,000th post hype. :)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Customs aren't widespread only because of misinformed whiners.
TOs have no excuse either, the customs project makes using them logistically feasible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So unless Zero and TOs, who are vehemently against customs, suddenly change their mind, Customs wont be legal. Top pros dont want to rock the boat because they might not be as good in the new meta as the old meta. Tos don't want to deal with all the setups.
This is pretty much why I stopped following competitive Smash as heavily as I used to, and why I don't care as much about actually entering a tournament myself like I used to.

Competitive Smash Wii U has basically become Big Brother.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
*sees all games announced for EVO* Holy crap guys, Nintendo is going to have a huge presence this year. I'm definitely excited to see how everything turns out this year. This is really going to be the first year Pokken shines on the competitive stage. Now if only a Project M side tournament would be announced, then my life is complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom