• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Actually that's probably it.
Ruler = Ganondorf or maybe Zelda (I can't see it being Zelda because there's no version that would even come close to matching Bayonetta)

Scissors (bayonette) - Bayonetta
The ruler analogy was spot on, but my logic behind the scissors was associating it with sharp things. The ruler wields a single scissor(a blade, i.e. a sword) which thus made the link to Ganondorf for me.

God knows Zelda doesn't use swords outside of when she summons Discount Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
i don't think looker will be involved in the game at all. this detective game is seemingly disconnected from the mainline series, and i dont really see them having a reason to use looker, as obvious of a parallel he is.

i like it being kind of its own thing.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, by Death Battle's logic, Peach is stronger than Zelda, so there's no way in hell they'd put her against Bayonetta.

Gotta be :ganondorf:. Makes a bit of sense in the logic of Bayonetta I suppose, maybe him trying to obtain the Left and Right eyes. "You May Call Me Father" better play at least once during their fight, if only because the implications would be glorious. If it is Dorf though, I don't think it's much of a contest, :4bayonetta: has it down pat. Ganon is insanely strong of course, but she quite literally has the potential strength to send a planet sized god hurdling through the entire solar system and into the sun... Enough said.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
but she quite literally has the potential strength to send a planet sized god hurdling through the entire solar system and into the sun... Enough said.
If Bayo wins, I can assure you that hurdling through space probably isn't going to be the way Ganon goes
Bayonnaise definitely likes the more gruesome methods than anything if the Bayo 2 direct has told me anything

Only Bayo footage I've seen was snippits of the Bayo 2 direct
Good job, me

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay, makes sense. Really excited to see Ganondorf fight.
But if Bayonetta doesn't win then I'll be pissed since it would be obvious bull just for the extra views..

With what she's accomplished, and her likely being better than Ganondorf in Smash anyway I don't see any way she could loose - fanboy goggles off here ladies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Seriously.
If it ends up being :4ganondorf: vs :4bayonetta:

I want it to be a full friggin DBZ arc.

Gerudo King vs Umbra Witch

Wizpig Ganon vs Malphas Wings Bayonetta

Beast Ganon vs Gamorra

Then Beast Ganon turns into an office building-sized version of the OoT Ganon vs Madama Butterfly.

I know I'll be disappointed but THINK ABOUT IT.

Edit:
I'm surprised that they're not doing Bayonetta vs Dante.
Because it's canon Dante loses that fight.
Kamiya, the creator of both, said so.

Double Edit: The actual quote.

Hideki said: "Who would win in a fight between Dante and Bayonetta? There is not a man on the planet who can defeat a woman"

Guy said: (Laughing) "If you say it that way, yeah you're right"

Hideki said: "At least, I've never seen one"

Guy said: "So a win for Bayonetta?"

Hideki said: "It's the way of the world."

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing that I don't like about Detective Pikachu. WHERE THE **** IS LOOKER?
This was my first question as well, considering he's my favorite Pokemon character. :laugh:

I'll hop on the "Bill turned him into Pikachu theory" train. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious, was it confirmed to be a Zelda character? I don't see anything pertaining to that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just want to see :4falcon: vs Captain Commando, :4shulk: vs Sora, :4lucario: vs Renamon and Yu Narukami bs Jotaro Kujo for the next Death Battle

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just want to see :4falcon: vs Captain Commando, :4shulk: vs Sora, :4lucario: vs Renamon and Yu Narukami bs Jotaro Kujo for the next Death Battle
I honestly feel like it's hard to give :4shulk:a fair fight, if only because pinpointing where a reasonable limitation on his visions is can be difficult. Plus various other game spoilers that paint him in an even more powerful light. Most match ups I can think of are either really for or really against Shulk.

Wasn't there like, some League of Legends champion that made everybody and their mother draw comparisons to Shulk? I wouldn't know, because lol LoL.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
An actual sequel for Xenoblade X rather than a new story? Interesting...

Of course, it is a rumor, so it's best to not completely trust on it.

In case this is true, I'm hoping they bring back Sawano for the soundtrack...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Elma for Smash 5.

Edit:
An actual sequel for Xenoblade X rather than a new story? Interesting...

Of course, it is a rumor, so it's best to not completely trust on it.

In case this is true, I'm hoping they bring back Sawano for the soundtrack...
To be fair, it left on a MASSIVE cliffhanger after a huge plot dump.

People were really hoping for a continuation before a new story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't ScrewAttack focus on Dumbledore as a contender for Death Battle lastly, and thus the next one would be Bayonetta VS. Dumbledore ?

I'm confused.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be fair, it left on a MASSIVE cliffhanger after a huge plot dump.

People were really hoping for a continuation before a new story.
If it has a cliffhanger, then I guess the chances for a sequel seem plausible.

Perhaps, Takahashi wants to make the X story to span multiple titles and go more in-depth with its characters and whatnot.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it could still be Midna.

The scissors reek of hair connotations. And Midna is a ruler too.

I don't even get why they would match Bayonetta up with Ganondorf. There's no obvious match up theme.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
If it has a cliffhanger, then I guess the chances for a sequel seem plausible.

Perhaps, Takahashi wants to make the X story to span multiple titles and go more in-depth with its characters and whatnot.
For all we know it's a Golden Sun situation and they couldn't put in all they wanted in one game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For all we know it's a Golden Sun situation and they couldn't put in all they wanted in one game.
Well, Takahashi's previous series, Xenosaga, also had multiple games for the story.

Xenogears was also planned to span multiple titles.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Playing XCX
Find the ****ing sword of legendaryness which look slike
The ****ing Monado
I physically cannot even comprehend this. This game is doing everything it can to break my will

EDIT WAIT
THIS MAKES THAT TUMBLR POST I LINKED YESTERDAY EVEN MORE RELEVANT.
WAT

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Please Read the OP - Image Was Overly Large and Causing Browser Lag
MASSIVE IMAGE REMOVED
This could actually be a thing...

So a leaker who correctly predicted that Dragon Quest 7 is coming to the west posted new details about the upcoming rumoured Paper Mario game for Wii U, and he apparently has interesting information about a certain yellow tomboy princess making a major appearance.

A few asked about Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and Rosalina. Wario and Waluigi will make very small appearances. I've seen no hint of Rosalina at least from what I've seen, Daisy is definitely in this game though. She and her kingdom are a major part of the storyline behind the game actually.
When asked about partners, he said that Daisy would be joining Paper Mario and the crew as a partner, along with a few others.

You asked about partners, yes they're in this time. Not generic Goombas or Koopa Troopas. Yoshi is one, Luigi is another-but they're doing something neat with him this time. Daisy is another. There's several more, at least a few are original new characters being introduced here for the first time.

When asked about why Daisy is making an appearance, he said this.

Daisy sure does seem like an odd choice to include and build this game's story around eh? There's two reasons for having her in this. One, to get more recognition and awareness for her. It has been years outside cameos and sports games but they'd like to use her more and develop a personality for her. The second reason is to address the while "It's always Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser! Not again!" complaint. This one's got a bizarre storyline and they're sure as hell trying something a little different from the typical kidnapping. That's the long and short on why she's a huge part of this game. Wario and Waluigi are more "cameo" appearances in a few backgrounds-no speaking lines from what I've seen. Clarification was needed there. I'll see what I can do about one screenshot. It's going to be tough though and I don't want to make promises but I'll see if I can scrounge something up for everyone.
Source. This user has been around since 2005, and does post rumours with a sort of hit and miss accuracy in many other websites too. Is this true? Will Daisy and Sarasaland finally get some proper love from Nintendo, or is this user messing with us....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd say it is Bayo vs. Lana or Cia if they were OP like 90% of the characters in DB
Also, seems the FE-amie is gone in the localization http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175771
I almost quoted the whole post and risked seeing a spoiler
Anyways, I don't mind it being removed but it's not like it wasn't optional in the first place
It was also a simple way to build up Supports which is convienent in the Nohr route

Petting ebing removed is a weird thing to target by w/e

This could actually be a thing...

So a leaker who correctly predicted that Dragon Quest 7 is coming to the west posted new details about the upcoming rumoured Paper Mario game for Wii U, and he apparently has interesting information about a certain yellow tomboy princess making a major appearance.

When asked about partners, he said that Daisy would be joining Paper Mario and the crew as a partner, along with a few others.

When asked about why Daisy is making an appearance, he said this.

Source. This user has been around since 2005, and does post rumours with a sort of hit and miss accuracy in many other websites too. Is this true? Will Daisy and Sarasaland finally get some proper love from Nintendo, or is this user messing with us....
1. Put that image in spoilers.
2. All im finding is that this guy has been wrong many many times before and banned form places for being a faker.
3. There is no way Paper Daisy would be the star of a Paper Mario game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom