• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh my god, memoryman3 memoryman3 . Stop posting giant images, please. It lagged my browser.

Also FE:Fates not having the aime in the location? Nothing of value is lost. It was a really dumb thing anyways lol

Can't wait for the meltdowns.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Oh my god, memoryman3 memoryman3 . Stop posting giant images, please. It lagged my browser.

Also FE:Fates not having the aime in the location? Nothing of value is lost. It was a really dumb thing anyways lol

Can't wait for the meltdowns.
The file didn't look that big on my phone, and it didn't lag the page. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Also, Paper Daisy hype! If she WAS a major part of the game, would there be tons of support for her next Smash? ;)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is Lao seriously gone after Chapter 9. Can I get him back soon? Is it worth restarting the game for him. I need completion. ._.
I'm so frustrated right now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I need a picture of people freaking out for the FE news.

At one point, I'm disappointed that they removed a mode that's been in the game and it isn't fair that we can't get it

However I'm happy that the BS that is FE Amie is gone because that had NO reason to be in FE

Naoshi

The file didn't look that big on my phone, and it didn't lag the page. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Also, Paper Daisy hype! If she WAS a major part of the game, would there be tons of support for her next Smash? ;)
enough with daisy already

and someone guessing DQ7 is coming to the west isn't gonna make them look credible.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm fully convinced NA/EU Fates will be one of if not the most divisive localization projects made by Nintendo. It's either gonna be heralded as Nintendo trying to salvage "waifu bait", or it'll go down as a horrid example of censorship.

And there will be little to no middle ground in this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, seems the FE-amie is gone in the localization http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175771
I'll see what happens. Remember huge Kremling and Kraid for Smash Run, anybody?

Either way, don't really care if it's gone or not. But honestly, it was nowhere near as creepy as people were exaggerating. Had it been the "original" FE-Amie that allowed you to also go to their legs, feet, etc, I'd understand perfectly. But I never saw the big deal with petting.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is Lao seriously gone after Chapter 9. Can I get him back soon? Is it worth restarting the game for him. I need completion. ._.
He is gone.
And the game makes you do all of his affinity missions so you CAN'T lose completion by not knowing this.

And "FE Amie" being gone is annoying for the fact that it's something to help Nohr side actually have the capability of "grinding affinity" for supports.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm fully convinced NA/EU Fates will be one of if not the most divisive localization projects made by Nintendo. It's either gonna be heralded as Nintendo trying to salvage "waifu bait", or it'll go down as a horrid example of censorship.

And there will be little to no middle ground in this.
Even then it'll never be judged by how good the game is.

And that's awful.

Naoshi

they might adjust the gameplay or something to make up for the aime's cut.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
FE-Amie being cut wouldn't surprise me. And I wouldn't care, it's implications are bad enough as is.

Yea, he's gone. For good.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
them cuting the amie thing is a matter of prospective

if you dont like it its "creepy thing you dont like is cut from game"
if you wanted it or didnt care
"major feature is cut from game"
the problem here however is that your missing a sizeable amount of content but are still paying full price

Chrono.

Yeah he is.

At most you'll get all his equips back after doing Doug's 5th H2H.

Fortunately, none of Lao's H2H's count towards completion, he gets Affinity at an accelerated rate and all his AMs are mandatory so you don't miss his Arts.

Naoshi

them cuting the amie thing is a matter of prospective

if you dont like it its "creepy thing you dont like is cut from game"
if you wanted it or didnt care
"major feature is cut from game"
the problem here however is that your missing a sizeable amount of content but are still paying full price
you're implying a FE game isn't worth the full price because its missing a feature no one asked for

I'm pretty sure FE:Fates still has plenty of content on its own.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

First of all, no to the Paper Mario thing.

Second of all, please stop with the Daisy advertising. youre making other Daisy fans look bad....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a sequel for X. They left it on a huge hook and the story did feel at times like it was trying to set up for something bigger later on rather then conclude within its own entry. So I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit the world of Mira, as long as they take some of the criticisms given with X and improve on them.
I don't think it would've been possible for him to be playable all things considered...

Also, seems the FE-amie is gone in the localization http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175771
Assuming the source of that is Kotaku, it should be noted that nowhere in the article does Nintendo say "this feature is not in." Here's the exact quote:

“Yes, that is the case. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”
It may be gone, but that article's title is completely misleading.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Now that I think about it, what will "My Room" be used for now? If the thing is gone, what exactly is the point of "My Room?"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that I think about it, what will "My Room" be used for now? If the thing is gone, what exactly is the point of "My Room?"
I'm assuming either they'll change it or it won't be in period (unless it had more than just face petting).

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Eh. Big bag of salt here. It's like he took the hint from the ending of the game, added in the interview where creator wants sequel to be more story focused next time and made up the data transfer part.

It's like aliens did tell him that in his dreams.
I don't recall any time Tilmen was ever right in rumours either.

Tho it IS likely they will work on a sequel.

Chrono.

Tilmen's track record is apparently abysmal.

Got things wrong like an F-Zero game and Diddy Kong Racing 2 for the Wii U.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the rumor about Fates losing the face petting is true...

...thank you so much, Treehouse. I might be able to actually recommend the game to friends now without the threat of weird stares. :laugh: So glad it's gone, should this be true.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
memoryman3 memoryman3 I've told you something on twitter. This applies to non-smash daisy related content. Trust me I know it's hard to limit obsessions but its gonna help Daisy getting into Smash.
I don't think it would've been possible for him to be playable all things considered...

NO! Hoping it's false. It's a small feature but better to have it as it does have some value imo.

I am genuinely disappointed. Casual poking on faces on characters you either hate or love between the stressful battles every once in a while would be fun. :(

To all those against it for waifu reasons: You don't have to play the minigame .... I think.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
At least the Paper Daisy rumour sounds more reasonable...

So who here is excited at the idea of finally getting to see Sarasaland in colour?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
heres the thing its coming from kotaku of all sources when has kotaku been a source of reliable anything?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

So who here is excited at the idea of finally getting to see Sarasaland in colour?
Not really. I imagine it would bw pretty yellow.

And I'll never be excited for anything Paper Mario.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Coming from the same guy:
Lol.
Whelp.
Guess there's no reason to believe this guy.

At this point, nobody else in this thread...

Strofirko

Smash Master
Ignoring the slapstick jokes,I am so heart warmed by the fact peeps are finally unleashing the wrath against this "youtube" thing.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The idea of a Paper Daisy makes me salivate...

RPG's are chock full of dialogue! Finally, the haters that say she has no personality will be silenced! If they can make Paper Peach awesome, then I expect great things from Paper Daisy!

If she's a partner as rumoured, then even better! Daisy saving her very best friend from the evil clutches of Bowser, and finally getting a chance to shine!

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The idea of a Paper Daisy makes me salivate...

RPG's are chock full of dialogue! Finally, the haters that say she has no personality will be silenced! If they can make Paper Peach awesome, then I expect great things from Paper Daisy!
I'm just here waiting for Paper Rosalina....

Just to see her in that form officially. Then immediately afterwards I'll stop caring.

Oh, and Blue Topaz/ Blue Silver Rosalina in MarioKart9 for the Lolz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom