• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Sugar wasn't really cute... too much freaken make-up.

Kelly/Michelle > Sugar.

I didn't really like her at all. Her emotional charges caused her major downfall throughout the game. Even though she pretty much rode all the way to the final 3 due to her immunity idol, she wasn't going to win at all.

I'm glad Bob won, and I'm glad Ken got as far as he did.
I thought it was just me that though Kelly and Michelle were hotter than Sugar. Glad to see I am not alone. The fact that she wanted "good" people to win, the fact that she didn't care about winning herself, and that she caused her own demise just really gets to me. It is so annoying to see her fans cry about her losing when she was supposedly "better."

Sugar is not that hot to me, not that great of an actor, and crybaby.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I really do wonder how Michelle even made it onto the show. She has no social skills. She was pompously arrogant. She dug her own grave and then called everyone stupid. Smooth move, woman...

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Michelle looked alright in Gabon, but horrible at the reunion, I think. I agree, Kelly was pretty, but she just didn't have the effect on someone as Sugar did.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Great finale/reunion; congrats to Bob for winning (both contests) and to Ken for getting really far.

Final thoughts:

Ken was doing really good until the end; I wish he could've dropped his grudge against Bob about the immunity necklace, but I guess he was really pissed about it. I agree with Bob though; I do believe he said he would hand it over if he felt Ken needed it, and then Ken took advantage of him. Still, Ken seems like a pretty cool guy.

Sugar gets the Dumbest Player of the Season Award. I was roting for her after I recovered from Ken being voted off, but then she totally changed. She got too emotionally attached to Bob and then pretty much decided to throw away her chance for a million dollars to him. That's not something I'd be proud of. Her judgement got clouded by her emotions at the time, which is unfortunate. It's like she didn't even want to win at the end, so I felt like she didn't deserve anything.

Bob made some pretty good moves (fake idols were genius), but Ken was right, he owed a lot to Sugar but never did anything for her. Props to him though for doing everything he did and earning everyone's respect despite just riding on coattails the whole time.

Suzie talks a lot :rolleyes:

Crystal was funny.

Marcus and Charlie, meh.

Matty wanted to hear Sugar apologize for stabbing him in the back at the end, but once again, Sugar got emotional about Ken(ny) and that did it for Matty. Sugar had a chance at winning some members of the jury over, but she blew it.

Corrine was awful. She needs to grow up; she's stuck in high school. Her "attitude" is an act, and her comment about Sugar was low. Why else would she be emotionally attached to Bob and take him to the finals if she wasn't telling the truth? Corinne is just out to hurt people to get approval from her other "friends" and it's disgusting the way she consciously makes these decisions. Randy didn't look so bad next to her.

Well, in the end, it was kinda funny that Suzie and even Matty could've won it, but congrats to Bob and Ken and everyone (except for Corinne). Wooot Brazil! I wanna get on Survivor someday. Season 20 or bust!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I thought it was just me that though Kelly and Michelle were hotter than Sugar. Glad to see I am not alone. The fact that she wanted "good" people to win, the fact that she didn't care about winning herself, and that she caused her own demise just really gets to me. It is so annoying to see her fans cry about her losing when she was supposedly "better."

Sugar is not that hot to me, not that great of an actor, and crybaby.
At least she has personality. She seems like a fun-loving, sincere person. Michelle is one of those attention seekers and Kelly has the personality of a brick.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm quite surprised Mr. Physics didn't win that last immunity challenge. Isn't that physics basics right there? I guess construction management is a different area of expertise. :p

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Getting voted off the first day even were you are good at challenges is something that takes true talent. Only Michelle had the talent to do that. It is pretty embarrassing if you ask me. Such a shame really. The game would be vastly different if she kept her attitude in check and didn't tell everyone they sucked. Betraying Ken at tribal was also foolish. Then she promoted GC to leader. I don't think she made one good strategic or social move in her short game life.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Corrine was awful. She needs to grow up; she's stuck in high school. Her "attitude" is an act, and her comment about Sugar was low. Why else would she be emotionally attached to Bob and take him to the finals if she wasn't telling the truth? Corinne is just out to hurt people to get approval from her other "friends" and it's disgusting the way she consciously makes these decisions. Randy didn't look so bad next to her.
Geez, I know. She even said in a Ponderosa video on the CBS site "it's just like highschool. It's me and my group of friends, the cool, athletic, good looking, smart people, and the other group of the mutant loser freaks". (It was something along those lines, but I specifically remember her saying "mutant" when referring to the other group) That persona is just like the ******* of television shows involving highschool, whose whole purpose is just to be a ********. If that is really who she is....well, I'm just glad I never have to talk to her.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I really do wonder how Michelle even made it onto the show. She has no social skills. She was pompously arrogant. She dug her own grave and then called everyone stupid. Smooth move, woman...
Michelle ..... we didn't get to see enough of her to get a sense of who she is. I watched the extraneous vids of her........ the only conclusion I can reach is that 1. she's absolutely completely crazy (ran away from home real early, professional boxer, has a really deranged worldview), and 2. she's freaking hilarious (sharp and witty, amazing retorts and generalizations, and is so self-righteous it's ridiculous and funny, not like Corinne).

The show would have been way more hilarious with her around, srsly.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm quite surprised Mr. Physics didn't win that last immunity challenge. Isn't that physics basics right there? I guess construction management is a different area of expertise. :p
The velocity of a rock going through the air and architecture are different areas of physics :laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Geez, I know. She even said in a Ponderosa video on the CBS site "it's just like highschool. It's me and my group of friends, the cool, athletic, good looking, smart people, and the other group of the mutant loser freaks". (It was something along those lines, but I specifically remember her saying "mutant" when referring to the other group) That persona is just like the ******* of television shows involving highschool, whose whole purpose is just to be a ********. If that is really who she is....well, I'm just glad I never have to talk to her.
Very true. I forgot about that interview. She really is stuck in high school.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'll just say it again: Corinne is freaking ugly no matter how much she dresses up.

Also, Marcus is still massive scrub. I'm watching the jury thing again. He criticizes Suzie for playing dirty because "it's just a game". Newsflash, Marcus: IT IS JUST A GAME! I bet Marcus refuses to play the card game Bluff because that requires LYING.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I was very surprised too. I know for sure my Physics teacher would've owned that challenge ... he already has the expertise from spaghetti bridge building xP

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Bob was great, and I don't think Ken should be angry that Bob didn't give him the idol. I do think he has the right to be a bit angry for Bob telling him when Corrinne was still there that the idol was real.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Ken at ponderosa is up. Ken is seriously thinking about growing the goatee. We need to make a poll so it is easier for him to decide.

Mew2King, what is wrong with judging the ladies and determining who is the hottest. To me it seems just as important if not more important then determining who played the best game.

nuro

Smash Lord
wow @ how judgmental everyone is w/ looks; all those girls were pretty

even though ken didn't win, I'm really glad bob won. He was a really cool guy and played a lot with skill, and didn't really lie.
I agree, I like Bob. Bob's skill did really let him win this. But I still think the game is heavily Mario Party based.

Ken really did have it in the bag at one point. If it wasn't for Bob's fake immunity idol he would have probably won the game.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Ken at ponderosa is up. Ken is seriously thinking about growing the goatee. We need to make a poll so it is easier for him to decide.
I was about to post the exact same thing. One of the videos is literally just Ken talking about whether the "ladies" like him better with or without the facial hair while he shaves rofl. He mentions "I'll have a poll to see what they like more". He's obviously referring to Smashboards when he says "they", so let's make a poll rofl. "Ken: Hotter with or without facial hair"

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
He is SUCH a good sport. AWESOME. I'm so happy to see how good of a person he is, especially after hearing lies about him being rude and such. Go Ken!

EDIT: I'm LOVING these Ponderosa clips!! "Wink, Wink" ~I laughed so hard

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Lmao, yea. He wishes he could be merciless and chop people's heads off haha. That takes balls to say on TV haha.
Also, in the Ponderosa vids, it's cool to see that Randy is actually a much more accepting person than Marcus and Corrine. When Ken got there, Corrine and Marcus refused to talk to him (not as much as they did to Crystal) and they told Charlie to do the same (he didn't want to, but he would still respond if spoken to at least). Surprisingly, it was Randy who took the initiative to lower the tension and began to talk to Ken and Crystal. Even more respect to Randy after seeing that.

EDIT: Omg Buzz, I know. I knew Corrine would be a ***** to Ken and Crystal, but I didn't realize that Marcus was such an *** too. And he acts so childish with Corrine. Man he acts like such a douchebag.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I'm most upset at his comments to Suzie.
Do you mean what he had said at tribal? Yea, that was such a pointless statement. There wasn't even any logic behind it. It's surprising he had the highest IQ. It seems like he may have been very spoiled.

Lmfao chok, SSBM, too funny. I didn't realize that.

And yes, poll on Ken's hair hotness please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom