• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I'd just like to point out that, whether intentional or not, the "cookie fight" was more than just a petty fight. The fact that sugar took the last cookie from Randy and gave it to *Matty* was absolutely huge. The reason is... Matty now has an extra Cookie, or as some may like to call it, Randy's cookie. At this point, Matty is FORCED to make a statement. Matty was a possible swing vote for Corinne/Randy/Bob. Sugar giving him the cookie meant he had to either give the cookie to Randy (signifying he might be possible to swing), or eat it himself. I don't know whether or not Matty realized this, but it doesn't matter. If he did realize it, the decision was clear. If he didn't realize it, Randy would be bitter towards him for it anyways and would not even care to try and get him to swing anymore.

In other words, by giving Matty the cookie, Sugar could see if Matty was with them and even strengthen Matty being on their side.

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
A point that a lot of cast-offs have been bringing up is that they probably would've gone much farther into the game if things didn't suddenly and randomly change, and that some players who are still in the game just got lucky. What do you all think of that? Skill vs. luck and randomness? Competitive vs. Casual Survivor?
The 2nd tribe flip really changed everything, and is the only reason why the final three isn't Corrine, Marcus, and Charlie. The best Fang could have hoped for was the merge to be at 9 (which most likely would not have happened), them win an immunity challenge and that forces Susie to be voted off. They're still in a 5 v 4 situation at that point so their only hope is to use Sugar's idol correctly, have one of them win the reward challenge and send one of them to find the idol, use it correctly again to make it a 4 v 3. But they would have merged at 10, and they would need to use back to back idols correctly (or swing Susie over (which wouldn't have happened)) to even make it even.

Marcus basically lost the entire game for 2 reasons, the 2nd tribe swap, and the fact that those at the bottom of his alliance knew they were at the bottom. However the fact that the bottom know they're at the bottom wouldn't have mattered if there was no 2nd tribe swap.

DustMidget

Smash Rookie
After watching some more deleted scenes, I'm gonna guess either Ken/Sugar or Ken/Sugar/Crystal, depending on if it's final three or two.

greenblob

Smash Lord
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/survivor-gabon.html said:
By the time this season is over, you can make the case that maybe this is the dumbest team when it comes to idol play.
Keep an eye on Sugar, unless he's referring to how they threw away the second idol.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have this strange feeling that Sugar will never have to player her immunity idol

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah. kind of weird that there may not be a SINGLE real immunity play this whole game...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
But it's actually working well for her. I mean, fear will keep everyone in line. Not playing the idol certainly has its own advantages. In a sense, it has continually granted her immunity this entire game.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Well... not really right? Technically only Ken, Crystal, and Matty know about it right? Are there any others?

I'm surprised no one has tried to mindgame her out of it. I assume Ken wouldn't want to do it because he would be afraid to lose her alliance.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, Sugar has done a good job of getting people to like her. She's not this ominous threat that needs to be taken out. Crystal discussed blindsiding her long ago in the game, but we've noticed that knowing Sugar's "secret" has really empowered the rest of the alliance (all the way up to laughing while Randy played his idol).

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
There's no reason why Sugar would even need to play the idol. Corrine and Bob go next, that's down to the final 5, at that point pulling a blindside on her is pointless since she'll play it anyway. So really it comes down to Sugar and the 2 people she aligns herself with to make it to the final 3, unless the remaining person can win the final 4 immunity challenge.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ah, so many good strategies this season. It did start out a tad dry compared to Micronesia, but now Gabon is blossoming with excellent "storyline". I'm lovin' it. And Ken must win.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, that's awesome. And really, look at it this way. In a F2 of Kenny/Crystal, I can see the votes going like this:

Marcus: Crystal
Charlie: Ken
Randy: Ken
Corinne: Ken
Bob: Ken
Susie: Ken
Matty: Ken
Sugar: Ken

In a F3 of Ken/Crystal/Sugar, I see the votes going:

Marcus: Sugar
Bob: Sugar

And this is before mind-games the jurors in his jury speech, so I realistically think it could well happen if he makes it that far.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
We don't know yet, and Jeff's not telling. We all thought there'd be a final 3 last season, when the jury started at F10, but there ended up being a Final 2 with 8 jurors. Don't get me wrong, Ken could win either way.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Lol, that's awesome. And really, look at it this way. In a F2 of Kenny/Crystal, I can see the votes going like this:

Marcus: Crystal
Bob: Ken
Sugar: Ken

Actually I think Marcus may vote for ken as well. Some of his exit interviews he was a bit spiteful of ken but he really seemed hurt by Crystal. Apparently because her cousin is such a trustworthy guy Marcus assumed she would be equally trustworthy and in being trustworthy betray her closest ally... his logic has its flaws but apparently he expected suzie to flip it was Crystal not obeying his every command that offended him.

Also I wouldn't count on Charlie's vote because he seems to believe ken is a homophobe but Ken could probably persuade him if he does well in his ending speech.

As most people don't really see Ken as the mastermind who arranged them getting voted out they shouldn't hold grudges against him and as they probably won't realize it until well after they've been voted off they could keep a cool head and respect him playing the game well.

I think ken's in a pretty good position. He just needs to keep a cool head. Not trust Matty too far and make sure he stays on Sugars good side. On the hand Jeff keeps hinting that his cockiness is going to come back to bite him so I can almost see f5 ken trying to side with matty and leave crystal. Then Matty not accepting the alliance telling Crystal Ken tried to blindside her and everyone voting ken out.

j00t

Smash Champion
Good God, Bob is amazing at this game. And big props to Ken, he's really playing the game well.

I would love to see both of them in the F3/F2. I really want to see Ken make it to the finals, I think we all know he can do it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I should point out that Jeff says things in his blog primarily just to get things like this kind of conversation starting. Jeff's blog is practically editing done via a blog form, trying to reflect what the public may think, lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Did you guys check out the video of Matty after Jeff Probst's blog? In the final five, he could be looking to oust Ken and Crystal next.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I checked it out, but he doesn't want to make a move until the Final 5, and with Sugar saying she'll align with Ken and Crystal...that kinda answers that, lol.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I have a feeling matty is going to win. He's smart and has been starting to strategize a bit, but still he hasn't drawn to much (negative) attention to him. idk, im just feeling that ken is getting overconfident and is gonna get voted off because of it. I hope I'm wrong tho, I want sephirothkenny to win. On the other hand I'd love to see Matty win if ken doesn't.
Discuss.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Okay, imho Ken is the only one left right now that is actually playing the game well. He blindsided all of his biggest threats, and the jury will vote ken since they will recognize that he played the game the best. If ken is smart, he will take crystal with him to the end, since she will appear like she is riding on ken's coattails, which imo she is. The other person that will most likely make it is sugar.

I don't think Matty will make it, especially after what sugar just said. He needs to make a move before the final 5, or else he has almost no chance of making final 3 or 2.

Right now, I just don't see how ken loses this, unless something dramatic happens next week with that hidden immunity idol that supposedly got chucked into the sea.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think Bob is playing a trick on Corinne much like how he fooled Randy. He might be doing this to gain some credit with Ken's alliance in order to save him self another week and possibly even oust Susie later.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
Corinne would be stupid to fall for that again, especially since she saw what the idol looked like, everyone did

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^YES!! KR3WMAN YOU FAWXIN ****
we still need a gif of the face/body language ken does when he sees that his first attempt at that challenge was poorly spaced
and matty when he has ketchup and **** all over his face
Corinne would be stupid to fall for that again, especially since she saw what the idol looked like, everyone did
corrine is stupid. :) I'm expecting next episode to be very entertaining.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I have a pretty good exscuze for Bob, he can tell Corrine since she didn't know.

"Sugar must have buried a fake immunity idol in the ground since she's been here so many times. I'm guessing she has the real one with her."

That would be pretty easy to get off with, depends on if Corrine would fall for it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom