• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Mike, actually discuss the issue or GTFO. You may disagree with Yuna, but mocking his intelligence, pointing out his personal flaws, and heralding your own opinion as flawless is getting old. I've read the entire discussion, and frankly, I agree with just about everything Yuna has said thus far.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I sort of gave up arguing with him in a serious manner when he made it clear that he was only disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing and not really listening to what I was saying. (this was many pages ago)
He usually ignores my main point to and just looks something to disagree with/argue about (like my post about susie). Usually it's something about my actual way of thinking rather then the point I was trying to make. like when he said I only hear and see what I want to see/hear.
not saying im innocent in this same area btw... lol, deffinetly not
,that became my main goal after i stopped taking him seriously. sorry about that
Sorry if I offended you or something. I'll just put Yuna on my ignore list now, so I won't debate and/or flame (with) him anymore

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
He usually ignores my main point to and just looks something to disagree with/argue about (like my post about susie). Usually it's something about my actual way of thinking rather then the point I was trying to make. like when he said I only hear and see what I want to see/hear.
I'm sorry, why would I address something I have nothing to say about? You said something about Susie. I had nothing to say to it since I don't particularly care about Susie and I didn't disagree with what you said.

I addressed the parts that I found relevant to discuss, horrible person that I am.

And you're one to talk. You claimed Bob had claimed to have kept the original deal he made with Ken (first at Ken's elimination, then at Crystal's). I called you on it, both in this thread and in a PM. You didn't address it. I repeated it in a post directed at you. You instead went back to totally ignoring anything relevant I'd said and randomly flaming, lying and slandering my person. The kettle should not call the pristine teapot black.

Since you've, apparently, put me on ignore, I guess I'll never get an answer out of you about this convenient "misremembering" of yours (first you claimed it was at Ken's elimination. Then, you miraculously remembered it was at Crystal's... without rewatching it (because then you'd know it never happened).

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Man, I'm getting tired of everyone pointing out how much Bob supposedly "owes" Sugar.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow?

Since when did yuna get into a heated up discussion about Survivor Gabon? much less even watch the show? So far this conversion seems exciting, I'm a bum for asking this, but you guys mind filling me in as well?

And Bob never "owed" Sugar anything, it's not like she used her hidden immunity idol on him, if anyone owes Sugar, it's safe to say it's Matty.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Since when did yuna get into a heated up discussion about Survivor Gabon? much less even watch the show? So far this conversion seems exciting, I'm a bum for asking this, but you guys mind filling me in as well?
I've been watching it since episode 1 (this season). A gay guy in a bromance with a straight guy and Ken plotting against everyone? What's not to like?

And Bob never "owed" Sugar anything, it's not like she used her hidden immunity idol on him, if anyone owes Sugar, it's safe to say it's Matty.
Technically, she saved him... twice. When Ken tried to blindside him and when she voted for Matty to force the tie breaker. The first time, he still had a shot (if he decided, on his own, to not give Ken immunity). The 2nd time, it was all up to Sugar.

However, that's like saying that if Ken had won, he'd owe Susie since she was the one who turned and saved Ken and Crystal right before the merge. However, I don't think either side is technically wrong on this. Or that Matty would have owed his victory to Sugar if she had voted for Bob with him and Susie. Or that anyone on Ken's side of the game owed Sugar for voting with them when she held the power to be the tie-breaker.

You can see it as Bob owing Sugar and Bob not owing Sugar and have valid reasoning for either opinion.

However, Bob doesn't technically owe Sugar anything and he doesn't owe his victory largely to her. Survivor has many, many factors weigh in and decide the outcome, every step of the way.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Everyone owes someone something in that show, after around 3 episodes. So people arguing that are stupid. Also, unless said action was done from pure, objective kindness, rather than personal motivation, there is no reason to repay them.

And if it were completely altruistic, they wouldn't want people to feel they owed them anything.

Just saying

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Everyone owes someone something in that show, after around 3 episodes. So people arguing that are stupid. Also, unless said action was done from pure, objective kindness, rather than personal motivation, there is no reason to repay them.

And if it were completely altruistic, they wouldn't want people to feel they owed them anything.

Just saying
Well, Sugar wanted to give Bob another chance for...being her father figure (although she made Matty and Bob face-off instead of just voting off Susie despite Matty being like her "brother")? I'm pretty sure she knew that she wouldn't stand a chance against Bob at the end, and never had to defend her decision. I wonder if there was ever an interview with her asking why she did it....

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, Sugar wanted to give Bob another chance for...being her father figure (although she made Matty and Bob face-off instead of just voting off Susie despite Matty being like her "brother")?
Susie won individual immunity. She was the only one in the Top 4 for whom they could not vote. Sugar blatantly said that if Susie had not won immunity, her vote would've gone to Susie.

I'm pretty sure she knew that she wouldn't stand a chance against Bob at the end, and never had to defend her decision. I wonder if there was ever an interview with her asking why she did it....
Sugar said during that very tribal that she knew that she didn't stand a chance against either Bob or Matty (because everyone in the jury hated her). She just wanted to give both Matty and Bob an honest chance at the million, a final showdown between the two instead of either one just being voted off so close to the finish line (I'm assuming).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Susie won individual immunity. She was the only one in the Top 4 for whom they could not vote. Sugar blatantly said that if Susie had not won immunity, her vote would've gone to Susie.

Sugar said during that very tribal that she knew that she didn't stand a chance against either Bob or Matty (because everyone in the jury hated her). She just wanted to give both Matty and Bob an honest chance at the million, a final showdown between the two instead of either one just being voted off so close to the finish line (I'm assuming).
YOU KNOW WHAT

I had a brain fart. I completely forgot about Susie being immune, and must've missed the part where Sugar admitted she didn't stand a chance at getting any votes. I guess she did the best thing possible then.

Well...not really. Bob and Matty made it as far as they could in the game on their own accords. They both failed at winning immunity, but both had to play the game to get up to make it so far in the first place, you know? Bob was absolutely ready to leave before Sugar told him he might have a chance again. For Sugar to interfere with Matty's game like that just to put him and Bob on an equal level...eh, it's kinda complicated, but I still think it was dumb.

tocador

Smash Lord
I got some load of questions and i hope you guys could answer me some of them, here they are:
1.Did survivor Gabon finish all ready?
2.Who won and how was ken places?
3.WTH is ponderosa?
4.Is there a new survivor all ready?

thanks since now from at least reading my post.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
1.Did survivor Gabon finish all ready?
Yes, it finished about a week ago.
2.Who won and how was ken places?
Bob won (57 year old physics teacher). Ken placed 5th.
3.WTH is ponderosa?
Ponderosa is the place that all jury members (the last 7 people to be voted out) go to wait for the game to finish so they can vote for the winner. It's basically a resort/reward for them making it this far.
4.Is there a new survivor all ready?.
They're filiming the next one right now. It's set to air February 12. Here's a link to a thread for it's discussion (though there isn't much discussion, since the show isn't out yet): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211129

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I got some load of questions and i hope you guys could answer me some of them, here they are:
1.Did survivor Gabon finish all ready? YES, you should download the season, it's quite good
2.Who won and how was ken places? Bob, but ken did well, he almost got to the end
3.WTH is ponderosa? looooool
4.Is there a new survivor all ready? yes, in brazil, if you were planning to audition, might as well make the one that's for the one after this one

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well...not really. Bob and Matty made it as far as they could in the game on their own accords. They both failed at winning immunity, but both had to play the game to get up to make it so far in the first place, you know? Bob was absolutely ready to leave before Sugar told him he might have a chance again. For Sugar to interfere with Matty's game like that just to put him and Bob on an equal level...eh, it's kinda complicated, but I still think it was dumb.
But how is that wrong or dumb?

The vote was split among 4 players. Sugar knew she stood no chance at winning. No matter who she voted for, either Bob or Matty was going home. If she voted for Matty, there'd be a tie and a final tie breaker. If she voted for Bob, he was going home.

She didn't actually interfere with Matty's game. Matty's and Bob's game was basically "Whoever wins immunity gets to stay" at that point. But then Susie won it and that was thrown out the window. The vote was split.

Sugar didn't randomly screw up Matty's game. What was Matty's game? Vote out Bob? Well, Bob's was (once Sugar was on his side) "Get a tie for a tie-breaker!". It was a potential 50-50 situation. And Sugar had every right to vote that way. This was no more Sugar screwing up Matty's game than when Sugar was a free agent and tie-breaker at Tribals between two different alliances.

You have a vote, you matter. And unless you have immunity, no matter how good a game you've played, you might very well be going home. If Sugar had voted for Bob, Matty wouldn't technically have won his place at Final 3 due to his own devices. He would've gotten there because Suzie won immunity. Sugar made it clear that if Suzie hadn't won, her vote would've gone to her, so Suzie would've, at best, faced a tie-breaker (unless Bob or Matty turned on Sugar for whatever reason, but that would not happen as Matty would still want to get rid of Bob).

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Man, I'm getting tired of everyone pointing out how much Bob supposedly "owes" Sugar.
I think it has to do with her randomly deciding to vote for matty when they had basically decided that Bob would be gone as soon as he lost immunity (since he was such a huge jury threat)
Sure she didn't have a chance to win with that jury anyway, but if she wanted to be nice or w/e screwing over matty like that wasn't exactly.... nice. (she said that she had told matty she'd never write his name down)

AND she told Bob about Ken trying to blindside him, so he wouldn't give Ken immunity

She was also the one who convinced the group to vote out Randy rather then Bob the episode that Randy was voted off.
It's not sure that they would've voted out Bob instead of Randy even if Sugar wasn't there, since apparently Crystal wanted Randy out aswell. But I think there would've been a bigger chance that they would've voted off Bob instead of Randy if it wasn't for Sugar. I mean, Bob was obviously the better choice.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...9_R3HmvdyaZuZ1lBtUAVg6KCjOVJQ&play=true&cc=95

Not to discredit Bob or anything, but that's why people are saying that.
Well, Sugar wanted to give Bob another chance for...being her father figure (although she made Matty and Bob face-off instead of just voting off Susie despite Matty being like her "brother")? I'm pretty sure she knew that she wouldn't stand a chance against Bob at the end, and never had to defend her decision. I wonder if there was ever an interview with her asking why she did it....
http://survivorsucks.com/topic/43398/t/Castaway-Interview-Jessica-Sugar-Kiper.html
RNO: Do you regret playing emotionally and sealing your fate rather than playing more strategically and giving yourself a chance to win?

Sugar: No, because I played to win America's heart, not necessarily the jury's. I believe Bob deserved it and Bob and Susie's family were very appreciative. My sister told me that [before the finale] and I was like, "They should love me, I'm about to give him a million dollars!" I didn't expect it to be so close though. Got to keep things interesting.
This is why I don't like Sugar >.>.... She ****ed up the game with her random decision making b/c "it would win america's heart"? She also said she wrote "ace-hole" b/c she thought America would dislike Ace (in that interview)... So you name-call Ace just b/c you thought he would'nt be popular with America? how...nice...
bleh.

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
This is why I don't like Sugar >.>.... She ****ed up the game with her random decision making b/c "it would win america's heart"? She also said she wrote "ace-hole" b/c she thought America would dislike Ace (in that interview)... So you name-call Ace just b/c you thought he would'nt be popular with America? how...nice...
bleh.
Sugar wasn't really a nice person, lol. Funny how she considers herself "nice" or a "good guy". Even if she was mistreated by Randy and Corinne, she still shouldn't have called Randy a jerk or given Corinne the middle finger. And yes, calling Ace an "Ace-hole" was definitely not nice. Heck, I think Randy is becoming a nicer person than Sugar because he learned so much from the game.

Susie was the true nicest person. :laugh:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Wouldn't you have given Corrine the middle finger if she said something like that to you?
I'd do something much worse then that. Even if Sugar had done something even worse then what I would've done to Corrine it would've been pretty warranted, imo.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sugar wasn't really a nice person, lol. Funny how she considers herself "nice" or a "good guy". Even if she was mistreated by Randy and Corinne, she still shouldn't have called Randy a jerk or given Corinne the middle finger. And yes, calling Ace an "Ace-hole" was definitely not nice. Heck, I think Randy is becoming a nicer person than Sugar because he learned so much from the game.

Susie was the true nicest person. :laugh:
I agree that Sugar had issues, but flipping off Corinne was completely warranted. Did you listen to what Corinne said???

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
I was kind of sad that Susie lost
since it was so close and Randy only voted Bob because of the whole cookie argument =/
It also would of been a huge upset lol

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Sugar had issues, but flipping off Corinne was completely warranted. Did you listen to what Corinne said???
Zomgosh, yeah. Corinne's comment was harsh. I just thought Sugar would brush it off and be nice and "treat others the way you want to be treated", lol. But I guess Sugar did it out of anger. XD

The way she treated Randy on the other hand was mean.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Zomgosh, yeah. Corinne's comment was harsh. I just thought Sugar would brush it off and be nice and "treat others the way you want to be treated", lol. But I guess Sugar did it out of anger. XD

The way she treated Randy on the other hand was mean.
She did treat others the way she wanted to be treated. I'm sure if Sugar mocked someone else's dead father, she'd be OK with being flipped off. The bottom line is that Sugar doesn't treat people like that. She was well within her rights to do that.

And Randy deserved what he got. Can you honestly say that Sugar just conjured up that hate out of nowhere? Randy and Corinne pass off their attitudes as "just the way they express themselves". Well, I express myself by robbing banks, so, the police can't arrest me. That's just who I am! Honestly, it's that kind of ridiculous. If you act like a jerk, you won't receive much respect from others. That's life. That's fair.

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
She did treat others the way she wanted to be treated. I'm sure if Sugar mocked someone else's dead father, she'd be OK with being flipped off. The bottom line is that Sugar doesn't treat people like that. She was well within her rights to do that.

And Randy deserved what he got. Can you honestly say that Sugar just conjured up that hate out of nowhere? Randy and Corinne pass off their attitudes as "just the way they express themselves". Well, I express myself by robbing banks, so, the police can't arrest me. That's just who I am! Honestly, it's that kind of ridiculous. If you act like a jerk, you won't receive much respect from others. That's life. That's fair.
D'oh, I keep forgetting about the events that happened before that final TC. She did treat others the way she wanted to be treated.

Yet, Ken did say that Sugar was a demanding person. :chuckle:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I've been watching Cook Islands. Holy cow, Sugar is nowhere near as bad as Flicka (minus the fact that Sugar lasted way longer and dealt way more damage).

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I've been watching Cook Islands. Holy cow, Sugar is nowhere near as bad as Flicka (minus the fact that Sugar lasted way longer and dealt way more damage).
Are you watching it online?
It's impossible to find full episode seasons online D:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I wish they sold seasons at Wal Mart. I'd go pick one up. :(

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sure that if Sugar had said something like that so someone, she so would've expected being flipped off.

I guess Sugar just doesn't live up to Ken's standards (6-7 looks, 8-10 personality) :p.
I hope this is sarcasm? Either they just edited him catastrophically wrong but his entire time on Gabon, it seemed like looks were everything to Ken. Both of his picks when he got to pick tribesmates were purely on looks.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
"flicka" means "girl" in swedish :O wtf, i had no idea that could be a name
I'm getting curious as to how you can be worse then Sugar though... D= in what way? Random attention whoring decision making? Being really emotional all the time?(<-i don't blame sugar for that tho) or both? (or neither?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom