• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Preview was that Bob will give ken immunity if he gets it becuz ken could get everyone to vote him out and sugar apparently doesn't like ken or crystal at all!

WHAT? you mean to tell me Sugar hates both Ken and Crystal? :confused:

Nonesense, it is actaully Corrine who was hated by Sugar, but now Corrine is out.

I fear there will bre some problems between Ken & Matty due to Corrine mindgaming. :(

How did the so called "Master of Mindgames" fall for that? oh wait.... Crystal fell for it as well so I guess that's what made him turn that direction, but luckily it backfired which I'm reliefed to see.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ken is in such a bad position now, there was no reason to cast the vote for Matty and because he made such a bad play he's looking at 5th place, or if he makes it to the finals he's looking at a loss of crucial jury votes.
Well, they don't exactly know who voted for who unless Bob says something.

But yeah, Ken is in a horrible position, because now he's the leader of his alliance but now he was contemplating on jumping ship.

Ken. What the heck is wrong with you!?

You ruined your ENTIRE GAME. YOU WERE A SHOE IN TO BE THE WINNER. AND NOW IT'S GONE.
I agree. There was absolutely no reason to vote for Matty. They all could've still voted for Corrine and if she played it... even if it was real, Matty would've gotten voted out anyway, and Ken's alliance still outnumbered Bob/Corrine even if that happened.

At least Corrine likes Ken, lol.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Ken, that was the worst play in your life.
You know she wouldn't stand a chance, and even if she did have it Matty's going to hate you anyways. In fact, by the end of it (if you make it), You'll have more people AGAINST you then you had FOR YOU in the Jury. (I think I have that right at least.. Susie who probably won't win, and Sugar for Ken who probably won't win. It'll at least be a tie up in the jury, and Ken could've just sweetalked his way from there.

Think about it and STOP for a second. Dumbest strategical move you've ever made.
I'm about ready to switch to Bobs/Mattys side (most likely not Bob, he won't make it after Ken's gone)

No offense to Kenny, but it was just stupid. I'll keep with him, and then see what he does next episode. Probably not much, Matt seems like he's going to find out. Either way, someone from former Fang is gonna get yelled at.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Seeing the screen shots from future episodes where Ken is not there, makes me realize a possibility.

They WILL find out Ken voted for them, and in an attempt to get rid of stray votes (especially if Bob gets immunity AGAIN), Ken WILL be on the chopping block.
Ken (or at least something that really resembles him) has been seen in a picture during a challenge that's probably part of the final five. Bob isn't in it.

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
There is the possibility that by going with corinne there he just got the kota 5's votes. Still he's going to have a lot more trouble getting to the finals now.
He already had most of their votes anyway because all of them hate Crystal and Sugar.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think Ken's paranoia of "hidden idols" got in his way a LOT. He assumed that everyone was playing to win, thus it was logical to hide that idol...

This put him in a really bad position. Ken, judging by his reaction in the preview, knows that everyone will be targetting him because he tried to hop sides. It's also to Bob's advantage to vote for Ken because Ken is ridiculous as a power player mentally. Knowing this, how is he going to get ANYONE to agree with his vote? Moreover how is he even going to ensure that he is not in the line of fire for a blindside?

Ken Crystal -vs- Susie Sugar Bob Matty

As sad as it is to say, Ken will be leaving the game next episode unless the strategy that he hinted he had in the preview is very strong.

Skillface

Smash Cadet
Also by the looks of the next survivor, Crystal is in a pretty bad position as well.

Maybe Ken could pull off immunity. It was a dumb move on his part, but if he gets out of it, then who knows.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ughhhhhhhh

absolutely horrible. why did he cast that vote for matty? why? crystal will probably stick up for him, but sugar and matty both don't like her much.

it looks like matty's going to win the money right now.

OmegaXXII

Ken, that was the worst play in your life.
You know she wouldn't stand a chance, and even if she did have it Matty's going to hate you anyways. In fact, by the end of it (if you make it), You'll have more people AGAINST you then you had FOR YOU in the Jury. (I think I have that right at least.. Susie who probably won't win, and Sugar for Ken who probably won't win. It'll at least be a tie up in the jury, and Ken could've just sweetalked his way from there.

Think about it and STOP for a second. Dumbest strategical move you've ever made.
I'm about ready to switch to Bobs/Mattys side (most likely not Bob, he won't make it after Ken's gone)

No offense to Kenny, but it was just stupid. I'll keep with him, and then see what he does next episode. Probably not much, Matt seems like he's going to find out. Either way, someone from former Fang is gonna get yelled at.
Yes, and this dumb strategical move by Ken is going to possibly bring havoc between both Ken and Matty since matty probably recognized Ken's bubble letter's at Tribal Council.

Ken really made himself look bad on today's episode, him hating on Bob (making him look like an Antagonist) falling for Corrine's lie (voting for Matty instead of Corrine).

This just goes to show that Ken has hit low.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Remember that Sugar still has the idol and has yet to play it.

But right now Ken needs to back away from being the cocky guy and lower that steam.

Bob's chances of winning just got a lot bigger.

5ive

Smash Champion
When they do find out that Ken did that, they WILL vote for him.

His only chance is to allign him self with Bob, and pull in Crystal and Suzie.
That means its:

Ken
Crystal
Bob
Suzy

VS.

Matty
Sugar

If Ken's supposed alliance pulls through, they will HAVE to vote Bob off (Jury votes) and Ken will probably win the Jury (Kota out numbers Fang in votes).

This is actually better because if he did stick with Sugar, Matty, Crystal and Suzy; Sugar would have jury votes hands down.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dang! They should have gotten Matty! Bob and Matty (especially Bob) are Ken's biggest threats. If Matty got voted out and then Corrine (as much as I hate her) Bob, Crystal, and Ken would have had a solid alliance and Ken might have been able to blindside Bob using Susie and Sugar.

I seriously think Ken might be next. If Ken makes it out of this one then he will go down in Survivor history.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
How would they know that Ken writes in the bubble letters? :/

They've never seen him vote.... Only we have, watching the TV....
This.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. How do the others know that Krystal didn't vote for Matty?

Maaaaaaaan, you guys are acting like he's definitely going to be gone next week. He's so not :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
The tribes have switched so much, a little process-of-elimination could reveal it's Ken who does the bubble letters.

.... but I doubt any of them will have actually done that, lol

but Ken's had some pretty distinctive votes throughout the game >.>
all those smilies.... surely they've stood out enough to incriminate him.

This is a sad sad day for Ken :(

5ive

Smash Champion

As sad as it is to say, Ken will be leaving the game next episode unless the strategy that he hinted he had in the preview is very strong.
Either way Bob will be voted out at the final 4 (Jury votes will bombard him).

It's either

or

Ken Crystal Bob Susie -vs- Sugar Matty

It's just whatever he feels safest with.
Im pretty sure he'd go with Ken's side because they are less of a threat for jury votes.

clowsui

Smash Legend
A problem that I think some people are not seeing is that Crystal went AGAINST the grain and voted for Corrine.

This was the smartest move she's made in the entire game.

If Ken votes "against the Bob-Corrine" grain: the situation is beneficial to him because an opposing alliance member (Corrine) or a strong physical threat (Matty) goes out.

If Ken votes with the grain: if the idol is real then whatever Matty will be out; if the idol is fake then he's in the current really bad situation right now.

Thing is Crystal voted against the grain, which means that she's out of suspicion and the only two possible candidates left for voting with the grain are Ken and Bob.

Susie, Crystal, Sugar are more than likely free of suspicion.

In fact I would not put it past Nobag Fang Alliance members to do a writing check next episode - since the alliance has to dissipate in two councils and they are supposed to be a strong five, handwriting check will basically weed out the person with the poorest plan and also the person who voted against Matty. So everyone in the alliance writes the style that they'd vote in...if there's a duplicate then they cut it down to two people and from there can easily determine who it is.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This is actually better because if he did stick with Sugar, Matty, Crystal and Suzy; Sugar would have jury votes hands down.
No one really likes Sugar according to the extra scenes.

Everyone likes Matty and Bob however. Ken's best interest is to get rid of those two... Bob especially however.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
You people have to realize Bob is probably with Ken so it's Ken, Crystal and Bob Vs. Matty, Susie and Sugar.

Ken just has to convince one of them for it to not be a tie and even if he didn't, they'll all probably be more eager to vote out Bob. Not to mention Bob said he'd give Ken the immunity necklace if he wins again.

He's still in a bad position, but it's not like he'll be gone next episode or he's out for good.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ken told crystal to vote for corinne btw. crystal didn't go 'against the grain'.

i think we really need crystal to stick up for ken in this episode...she could either stick up for him or distance herself to look better for the rest of the alliance.

the biggest kicker is that sugar was the most important person to ken at this point. and now she distrusts him. sugar was going to be his kicker against susie/matty, remember. now he's pretty screwed...he could replace sugar with bob for the short term but do you think susie or sugar will still side with ken? i don't think so.

OmegaXXII

Dang! They should have gotten Matty! Bob and Matty (especially Bob) are Ken's biggest threats. If Matty got voted out and then Corrine (as much as I hate her) Bob, Crystal, and Ken would have had a solid alliance and Ken might have been able to blindside Bob using Susie and Sugar.

I seriously think Ken might be next. If Ken makes it out of this one then he will go down in Survivor history.

Matty isn't necessarily a threat to Ken since they are allies, or least they were until Ken voted for Matty which was a really bad move for him, since now it will be an alliance between Ken and Matty.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This.

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. How do the others know that Krystal didn't vote for Matty?

Maaaaaaaan, you guys are acting like he's definitely going to be gone next week. He's so not :)
The main thing is that Ken made a horribly bad move that completely destroyed his game. SOMEONE went against the alliance, and Ken will soon be found out.

He just single-handedly set his 'safe zone' into total chaos. Now he has to completely re-strategize everything if he wants to make final 3. The current plan will not work at all because they know there is now a mole.

5ive

Smash Champion

Matty isn't necessarily a threat to Ken since they are allies, or least they were until Ken voted for Matty which was a really bad move for him, since now it will be an alliance between Ken and Matty.
Physical threat (immunity, especially later on in the final 4).
Jury votes. No one really dislikes Matty.
And also the possibility Matty may make the final 3 (Sugar being the kicker)
makes Ken really weary about Blindsiding Matty.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Either way Bob will be voted out at the final 4 (Jury votes will bombard him).

It's either

or

Ken Crystal Bob Susie -vs- Sugar Matty

It's just whatever he feels safest with.
Im pretty sure he'd go with Ken's side because they are less of a threat for jury votes.
Okay so Bob gets booted for Jury in latter situation (you said in a previous post you think that one is going to happen).

Ken Crystal Susie -vs- Sugar Matty

Sugar has an immunity idol that she can use to f*ck ANYONE over. She is going to aim for Ken, always from now on. Actually if she really felt like taking Ken out NOW she could just dump immunity on Matty (obvious vote is obvious) and screw Ken over.

Ken+Crystal -vs- Sugar+Susie

How will Ken win in this situation? I'm really not seeing any way - Sugar knows it's F4 so she has to use the idol now otherwise it's over. She puts it on Susie because it's the ONLY strategic option assuming that Ken and Crystal's alliance is strong, she and Susie vote for Ken, F3 is Crystal-Sugar-Susie. If Ken sides with Sugar and Susie? That would be interesting, but I'm not sure how that'd turn out...

EDIT: [QUOTE="hippochinfat!!] You people have to realize Bob is probably with Ken so it's Ken, Crystal and Bob Vs. Matty, Susie and Sugar.

Ken just has to convince one of them for it to not be a tie and even if he didn't, they'll all probably be more eager to vote out Bob. Not to mention Bob said he'd give Ken the immunity necklace if he wins again.

He's still in a bad position, but it's not like he'll be gone next episode or he's out for good. [/QUOTE]

1. Ken cannot trust anyone to give him immunity necklace, it's moot.
2. At this point Sugar, depending on how much of a threat she feels Ken is, can employ my "Strategic Boot Immunity Placement" theory and just throw the hidden idol on Susie. Ken then proceeds to die.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Here's the summary of everything:

The alliance would've been broken soon, no matter what.
Ken just broke it to soon.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
This is the way I see it playing out.

Ken goes next survivor.

The alliances switch up and look like this

Suzie Matty
They are very tight and will go to the end.

vs

Bob, Sugar, Crystal
They Will realize this.

From here, it all depends on immunity play.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Here's the summary of everything:

The alliance would've been broken soon, no matter what.
Ken just broke it to soon.
yes, but now sugar really doesn't trust ken. sugar was imperative to ken's bid at the final.

ken should have at least told sugar about this whole plot, to demonstrate that ken REALLY had her back and stuff. assuming ken knew that sugar was going to stick with him and crystal at f5, so that he wasn't risking matty knowing or anything.

ken did not play to sugar enough (maybe he thought it'd be f2?) and he will pay for it.

OmegaXXII

the biggest kicker is that sugar was the most important person to ken at this point. and now she distrusts him. sugar was going to be his kicker against susie/matty, remember. now he's pretty screwed...he could replace sugar with bob for the short term but do you think susie or sugar will still side with ken? i don't think so.
Ken pretty much screwed himself pretty bad away from Sugar's trust, after all she is with Matty, but also likes Bob.

As for Crystal voting for Matty, I don't think she did, and even if she did, she only did it because she was fooled and convinced by bob, so you people saying Ken will go home next week, need to shut the **** up, really, there no point of saying he will until we see what happens on the next Survivor.

5ive

Smash Champion
Okay so Bob gets booted for Jury in latter situation (you said in a previous post you think that one is going to happen).

Ken Crystal Susie -vs- Sugar Matty

Sugar has an immunity idol that she can use to f*ck ANYONE over. She is going to aim for Ken, always from now on. Actually if she really felt like taking Ken out NOW she could just dump immunity on Matty (obvious vote is obvious) and screw Ken over.

Ken+Crystal -vs- Sugar+Susie

How will Ken win in this situation? I'm really not seeing any way - Sugar knows it's F4 so she has to use the idol now otherwise it's over. She puts it on Susie because it's the ONLY strategic option assuming that Ken and Crystal's alliance is strong, she and Susie vote for Ken, F3 is Crystal-Sugar-Susie. If Ken sides with Sugar and Susie? That would be interesting, but I'm not sure how that'd turn out...
Very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom