• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
One thing that confuses me is that corrine went and lied to randy about what sugar said. What'd she have to gain in that? Randy already hated sugar anyway. >.> Or was she just being super-emotional?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
One thing that confuses me is that corrine went and lied to randy about what sugar said. What'd she have to gain in that? Randy already hated sugar anyway. >.> Or was she just being super-emotional?
Sounded like she was being super-emotional.

People like that tend to interpret what others say however they want to, and then reiterate it to others with their spin. I've known people like that, which further makes me dislike Corrine.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This seems to be going very well for Ken. Looks like the Jury so far is entirely made up of the opposing alliance (Charlie, Marcus, Randy...Corinne next probably).

The thing about them is that all of them have a grudge against Susie for switching sides, and most of them dislike Sugar and hate Crystal. None of them know that Ken's been the mastermind that got them voted out, and most of them seem to have grudging respect for Ken (Corrine: "The only one of them with any brains is Kenny", Randy: "Kenny's grown up").

Then, of the other people who might get voted out, Sugar believes Ken's most likely to win and has done the most, Crystal and Matty are friends with Ken, and Susie loves him.

The entire jury will almost unanimously support Ken if he makes it to final 3, unless Bob is with him (in which case Bob's old alliance will probably vote for him, unless Randy and Corrine are bitter about the idol gag).

Actually, Bob's idol gag was probably the worst thing he could have done- he may have turned the jury against him by betraying his old alliance when the entire jury is his old alliance.

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
POSSIBLE SPOILERS UNLESS I'M CRAZY

I'm surprised more people haven't jumped all over Randy saying that Matty got voted out in an interview?

I saw someone post about it here a few pages back (forgot who, sorry D:). http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-randy-bail-24749.aspx

Now, as a member of the jury, what kind of Survivor player will get your vote? What are you looking for? What qualities?

With who’s left, it’s gonna be interesting. You look at the original 18 and you think of somebody like Marcus who’s gonna win this game or you think of somebody like Dan or Matty or Jacquie. None of them are left. I’d love to see Corinne go all the way but I’d love to see Corinne voted out next so I can see her at Ponderosa. I don’t know. I mean, Crystal holds the record for losing challenges. In all of Survivor, she’s lost more than anyone in 17 seasons. How can you vote for her? It’s gonna be tough.
It could have just been a mistake on his part (mentioning Matty as a power player and then just saying that all of them were voted out without knowing he said Matty, therefore not implying that Matty is out).

But it could also mean that he wasn't thinking when he said that, and then he slipped and said a spoiler.

AND IF THAT IS A SPOILER and is true, then that could pretty much confirm Ken making it to final 2/3. Corinne goes next, then Bob, then Sugar sides with Ken + Crystal and vote out Matty and Susie.

So... yeah.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
If the final 3 is Ken, Crystal, and Sugar, Ken pretty much has it in the bag. Sugar is fairly well-liked except by Corinne and Randy, but a lot of people dislike Crystal and everyone is at least tolerant of Ken.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I dunno, it sounded pretty accurate (but exaggerated) to me...
Actually Sugar didn't say a single thing that Corrine claimed she did. There where a few things that had fractions of things in common with what actually happened, but most of the stuff she said came straight out of her ***.
I can give straight examples if you want to, I rewatched the clip about 5 minutes ago.
Sounded like she was being super-emotional.

People like that tend to interpret what others say however they want to, and then reiterate it to others with their spin. I've known people like that, which further makes me dislike Corrine.
The funniest part of it is that she's been calling SUGAR emotionally instable and stupid. :psycho:
Seriously, intelligent people who aren't overtly emotional don't misinterpret things as radically as Corrine misinterpreted what Sugar said. If she actually beleived what she was telling Randy she's ****ing stupid, honestly.
Considering that she had no reason to lie to Randy, she's is probably just stupid. :laugh:

Levitas

the moon
Actually Sugar didn't say a single thing that Corrine claimed she did. There where a few things that had fractions of things in common with what actually happened, but most of the stuff she said came straight out of her ***.
I can give straight examples if you want to, I rewatched the clip about 5 minutes ago.
Are you sure? How can you know that sugar didn't say what corrine claims she did. It's not like they show that much of what happens.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Let me put it this way, at the very least if Corinne goes next, I'll be able to take comfort in whoever the winner is by saying "Well, at least Corinne didn't win".
Yeah, i'd FLIP in anger if Corinne won, just like how Parvati won last time...I stopp;ed watching that season when Yau Man was voted out, everyone cool was out so early, everyone else was lame :/.

Anyone win but Corrine please, although Ken should win out of everyone :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, i'd FLIP in anger if Corinne won, just like how Parvati won last time...I stopp;ed watching that season when Yau Man was voted out, everyone cool was out so early, everyone else was lame :/.

Anyone win but Corrine please, although Ken should win out of everyone :)
Amanda should've won last season. And Yau-Man FTW.

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about you guys, but I think Ken really might take fourth place in the game...

Maybe that Survivor prediction site really is accurate?

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
I hope Corinne definitely gets voted out. :-P

Crystal might back-stab Ken. If Ken does make fourth place, that would most likely leave Crystal, Sugar, and Susie in the final three. Crystal would win if this happens. The jury votes will probably go as followed:

Ken: Crystal
Matty: Crystal (?)
Bob: Sugar (maybe, since they are friends with each other)
Corinne: Crystal (most likely since she hates Sugar and Susie more)
Randy: Crystal (although he hates all three; probably hates Crystal the least (lol))
Charlie: Sugar (?)
Marcus: Crystal (maybe)

But let's still hope Ken makes the final three. :-D

Edit: Or even worse, when it comes down to the final five and Matty wins immunity, Ken goes home at fifth place.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I did a whole editing analysis thing where I analyzed like the intro, potential winner quotes from the premiere (winner quotes are typically done in episode 1 and/or 2), and how people have been edited to determine the winner. To sum it up with some random points and things.

Crystal/Corinne have been edited as far too negative to win.

In all of the seasons of Survivor, neither the person who is first in the intro, or the person who is last in the intro (like, the original intro of the seasons) has EVER won, which would remove Sugar.

Bob and Susie have been shown as too Under the Radar at the wrong times for them to be winners.

So pretty much, if Ken doesn't win, then from an editing point of view, Matty would have to. I could be wrong about this, but my editing predictions were right in China....

Thossos

Smash Cadet
I think it's gonna go like this...

CORRINE: No one likes her. Gone easy.
BOB: The outsider, and would be too popular with the Jury

Then Matty

Matty is the group's biggest threat now; I think the Jury'd vote for him over anyone left
And Ken controls the majority of votes (Crystal and Susie obey easy), BUT he's tight with Matty
So he'd want Sugar out over Matty, BUT he's lost his chance to blindside her and her idol

Ken, w/Susie&Crystal, could do a couple things here...
1. Just vote out Matty and be done with it
2. Get Sugar paranoid to draw out her idol, while actually voting out Matty, then voting out Sugar next (smart)

Then I think Ken basically has it won over anyone left, Jury-wise
As long as Crystal and Susie don't realize this then he's golden

Actually, if Ken doesn't trick up Sugar, she might team up with Susie...
Then... well... Ken and Crystal will just have to guess which person will have the idol
If they vote out the right person, they win. If they vote out the wrong person, they lose
I think this will happen, Survivor wants it to be an high suspense show =P

MojoMan

Smash Ace
I hate that ***** Corinne, she's always putting sugar down...

But yeah it's either Kenny or Matty.
Thisis the order I would want people to win in

1. Kenny
2. Bob
3. Matty
4. Sugar
5. Crystal
6. Susie
7.Corinne

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Crystal might back-stab Ken. If Ken does make fourth place, that would most likely leave Crystal, Sugar, and Susie in the final three. Crystal would win if this happens. The jury votes will probably go as followed:.
Crystal, Sugar, and Susie...that's a pretty terrible final three :/

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ken was in the perfect position at the start of the game. He is a video gamer with virtually no physique. Everyone performed as expected: they underestimated him based on his appearance and his occupation. Now, his brilliant knowledge of playing games is knocking off the scrubs.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Crystal, Sugar, and Susie...that's a pretty terrible final three :/
Nightmares...

Ken was in the perfect position at the start of the game. He is a video gamer with virtually no physique. Everyone performed as expected: they underestimated him based on his appearance and his occupation. Now, his brilliant knowledge of playing games is knocking off the scrubs.
Underestimation... :lick:
Hey, at least GC didn't.
Look where he winded up.

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
The entire jury will almost unanimously support Ken if he makes it to final 3, unless Bob is with him (in which case Bob's old alliance will probably vote for him, unless Randy and Corrine are bitter about the idol gag).

Actually, Bob's idol gag was probably the worst thing he could have done- he may have turned the jury against him by betraying his old alliance when the entire jury is his old alliance.
It was absolutely necessary for him, if only to survive another week. Kota was being dismantled from the top down, and he was next on the chopping block before Randy hatched his plan to piss everyone off. With Kota down to 2, they're less of a threat and Bob may outlast Corrine, after which he's got chances (not matter how remote) at running immunities or assisting in a backstab.

You can't win the long-game if you get slaughtered in the short. It's good that he's able to adapt his game plan. He's got worse chances than he did with the full Kota 6, but at least he's still in the game with some chance. It's better than nothing.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Are you sure? How can you know that sugar didn't say what corrine claims she did. It's not like they show that much of what happens.
The big difference was that Corrine acted as if Sugar was "teaching her a lesson",
when she was really just telling her that she was being an ******* and should stop being an *******, for everyones sake. Hell that advice could've actually helped her in the game if she wasn't so ****ing stupid.

The way that she explained it to Randy made it sound as if Sugar actually WAS being self-righteous, lmao! :psycho:. Sugar even said "SORRY I just wanted to talk to you about it" after the conversation. She obviously did it so that Corrine would ****ing stop, not to boost her ego.
Corrine said that she "pulled her into the hut to teach her a lesson about how being nice is better then being mean". :psycho:

You have a point though, they don't show everything. But it's obvious that the real conversation was pretty **** different from how Corrine explained it.
Which just shows how ****ing emotionally unstable Corrine is, lmao. :laugh:

Napilopez

Smash Lord
So I don't watch the show, but I've been keeping up with news and results from it out of interest. I can't get over the awesomeness of Ken doing so well, especially because of how peole underestimated him. His mindgames are apparently too good IRL too XD.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It was a preview for the second half of the season. If you listen, Jeff says next episodes. You see a lot of different clips with different numbers of people. It has lead people to worry that Ken loses at some time because he is not in any scene.

mattrad

Smash Cadet
inspecting the video of the "next episodes" it reveals the final 6 as
Susie, Crystal, Sugar, Bob, Matty, Ken. And the Final 5 as Susie, Crystal, Ken, Sugar, Matty.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It was absolutely necessary for him, if only to survive another week. Kota was being dismantled from the top down, and he was next on the chopping block before Randy hatched his plan to piss everyone off. With Kota down to 2, they're less of a threat and Bob may outlast Corrine, after which he's got chances (not matter how remote) at running immunities or assisting in a backstab.

You can't win the long-game if you get slaughtered in the short. It's good that he's able to adapt his game plan. He's got worse chances than he did with the full Kota 6, but at least he's still in the game with some chance. It's better than nothing.
Randy would have gotten voted out either way with or without a fake idol, and Bob would still have his fake immunity idol to play.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I hope Corinne definitely gets voted out. :-P

Crystal might back-stab Ken. If Ken does make fourth place, that would most likely leave Crystal, Sugar, and Susie in the final three. Crystal would win if this happens. The jury votes will probably go as followed:

Ken: Crystal
Matty: Crystal (?)
Bob: Sugar (maybe, since they are friends with each other)
Corinne: Crystal (most likely since she hates Sugar and Susie more)
Randy: Crystal (although he hates all three; probably hates Crystal the least (lol))
Charlie: Sugar (?)
Marcus: Crystal (maybe)

But let's still hope Ken makes the final three. :-D

Edit: Or even worse, when it comes down to the final five and Matty wins immunity, Ken goes home at fifth place.
Why would Marcus or Matty vote Crystal? Marcus is probably still mad at Crystal for "betraying him" and Marcus has nothing against Sugar, infact, he even awarded her indivual immunity when he had to choose to give someone from Fang immunity.

Matty is a lot closer with Sugar then he is with Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom