• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Stun Jacket: obscure but useful AT!

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! I made this thread to bring to light what I feel is one of the lesser known ATs at Marth's disposal, and one that could really be explored a lot more. It's mainly known as the Stun Jacket. To the best of my knowledge, when Marth counters (Down-B) a tornadoing Meta and the retaliation swing DOES NOT HIT the Meta, Marth gets equipped with a kind of hitstun on standby thingy, and the next attack that connects with Meta has an additional 20 FRAMES of hitstun. As far as I know Marth does not experience this extra hitstun, making it easy to combo into other moves and even into moves that were impossible normally. Even more interesting to note however is the fact that should Meta be the one to attack you first, he will still experience the 20 frame hitstun during his attack, meaning that it will be more difficult to follow up on you.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A In the very first clip you'll see exactly what I'm talking about: notice how Meta lingers in hitstun a bit longer than usual from the DB1.

I have not tested this tech yet, but I think you can do this with many characters in the right situations, for example I think you can get SJd on Snake's C4 as well. This is the point I'm trying to stress: we need to test this thing out and find more information about it! That and making sure people are aware of this very useful trick.

I'm sorry in advance if this turns out to be a really well known thing, I only found this out a few days ago. I'd like to think of this as our secret weapon against the Metas :laugh: For those of you who are aware of this already, do you have any practical uses for this on MK or other characters?

Nike.

Smash Hero
About a year late. There's a thread about it somewhere. Still, very nice to know for those who didn't see it before.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
It's certainly very nice in the MK MU, however, it is far from gamebreaking in any sense of the word. Very situational and not very reliable, because it depends on MK's spacing. You do have some very nice combos with its effect, search up Pierce's thread for all the specific info. Don't rely on this to help you win against an MK, watch out because, MK can also use the added hitstun. Again, too situational to rely on.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Stun Jacket I know it works on Meta Knight however I do not know what other characters it works on.

C.J.

Smash Master
Any attack you counter that you don't hit the opponent w/ the attack part of counter. Does not include projectiles.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Just so you guys know, it works whenever a wind property is countered and whiffed. Meaning this also works on falco's jab, zss downsmash, TL Dair, ect.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Fact: I started offensive application of this and showed everyone at Apex 1. GGs

Top Bottom