• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Arrgh, why did you have to pull two characters that I enjoy! Marth's been around for a while... but Lyn's always been one of my hopeful Smashers... Aaagh.

Well... for the sake of the female roster, I'd go with:

Lyn (Fire Emblem) + Darkrai (Pokemon)

An obscure choice, Darkrai... but I feel he'd be a decent 4th Gen Pokemon rep.... Either him, or Lucario.
...Darkrai?

He'd be so weird.. I mean... Everyone jumps. Darkrai flies infinitely. He has no body parts to move while he's "jumping" and "falling" either. That's a really weird idea.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I will be playing both. The newgrounds version, if it does end up having Wii playability, and the home version because of the complete adventure, and everything else.

@bivunit

http://ssfdojo.mcleodgaming.com/index.html

Check for yourself.

EDIT: I was looking at the expansions forum and there were quite a few characters there. Will all of them be accepted, because I saw very few that even looked remotely interesting.

EDITx2: If you don't accept all of them, maybe a seperate section could be set up for accepted expansions.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
You guys do know that no expansion will be turned down, right? All they need are the resources and the moveset? Just wanted to let you know.

Okay, who wants to see a moveset?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Really? None will be rejected?

So then I can make a moveset for Jesus. That'd be great. He'd be uber broken though.

And show us a moveset, if you want.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Mario's Moveset

Entrance:
("Let's-a go!")
Combo:
(Pretty self-explainitory)
Dash attack:
(At least, it was. Not sure what it will be in the next Demo, though)
F-smash:
(You know this one! Mario charges a close-range fireball and releases it in front of him)
D-smash:
(It actually has deceptive range...)
Up-smash:
(This animation is actually pretty new compared to some of Mario's other ones)
Neutral special:
(Mario's classic projectile. It still has no KO potential, though)
Forward special:
(Mario's utility move almost didn't make it in, but here it is, with full SSB functionality!)
Up special:
(It's a bit harder to use this time around, but don't fret; Mario has a lot more recovery options in this game)
Down special:
(Mario's down special returns to the familar Mario Tornado! If you input a certain, er, input, it'll become a homing spin stomp from SMG!)
N-air:
(Don't be fooled; this move has ridiculous knock-back if used close enough to the ground)
F-air:
(Ah, the plunger, aka the most satifiying Mario attack ever. Smaller range, but easier to meteor smash with)
U-air:
(The flip kick. Classic.)
D-air:
(What can I say? It's a drill kick)
B-air:
(...WIP)

I'll leave the FS details and the classified/debated abilities of Mario for you to find out on your own when the demo comes out this week (late Wednesday to late Friday is the estimated "release date" of the demo, but it's already been delay, like, 8 times, so don't hold your breath).

@ SkylerOcon: Well, here's the thing you'll need all of the following for an expansion:
-Sound effects and voices
-Sprites for EVERY animation
-Victory theme
-Graphics like the series icon
-The moveset
-Someone with flash willing to edit the template *.fla file for the character.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Heh, that's pretty sweet... I like how the Mario introduction animation works out so well with him coming out of the pipe. Nice work. :

...Darkrai?

He'd be so weird.. I mean... Everyone jumps. Darkrai flies infinitely. He has no body parts to move while he's "jumping" and "falling" either. That's a really weird idea.
Yes, why I called him a rather "obscure" choice. :p
But with him being able to fly indefinitely... could be worked out. For one, he can grow leg-like appendages from underneath him, so that can be used for walking and kicking. Also, with him flying indefinitely... Mewtwo did that in his movie over half the time (levitating, flying around) and yet they made him work out fine. ;)

He was just a personal suggestion, is all. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

Anyway, we have another question for you guys:

Will you be playing the newgrounds version which does not require downloading and is planned on having Wii playability, or will you be download the EXE version from the mcleodgaming.com website, which will have expansions capabilities, a complete 1P mode with a story mode, and collectibles? Please answer this question, as it is critical to the development of the game.
Well... as no one's responded to this yet, personally I'd pick up the EXE version any day. Sure, the Newgrounds version SOUNDS neat... but in the end I'd prefer the EXE due to the fact that once you download it, you can have the icon to play it instantly on your desktop... and it wouldn't require having the internet. And plus, when you erase your cookies/data/whatnot from the internet, all the data from Newgrounds will probably be gone... which would be a waste for most.

That's just me, anyway.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@ SkylerOcon: Well, here's the thing you'll need all of the following for an expansion:
-Sound effects and voices
-Sprites for EVERY animation
-Victory theme
-Graphics like the series icon
-The moveset
-Someone with flash willing to edit the template *.fla file for the character.
I was joking. I think that the amount of characters being requested to put in will eventually make the game with so many character choices it would unmanagable.

I could make a Jesus if I wanted to though.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
^
Well... as no one's responded to this yet, personally I'd pick up the EXE version any day. Sure, the Newgrounds version SOUNDS neat... but in the end I'd prefer the EXE due to the fact that once you download it, you can have the icon to play it instantly on your desktop... and it wouldn't require having the internet. And plus, when you erase your cookies/data/whatnot from the internet, all the data from Newgrounds will probably be gone... which would be a waste for most.

That's just me, anyway.
I agree but I'd probably play the newgrounds version.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes, why I called him a rather "obscure" choice. :p
But with him being able to fly indefinitely... could be worked out. For one, he can grow leg-like appendages from underneath him, so that can be used for walking and kicking. Also, with him flying indefinitely... Mewtwo did that in his movie over half the time (levitating, flying around) and yet they made him work out fine. ;)

He was just a personal suggestion, is all. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

Mewtwo has legs though :p

I'd like to see a darkrai moveset. :D

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo has legs though :p

I'd like to see a darkrai moveset. :D
Hmm. I made one for kicks once. It's far from the best moveset in the world, but I'll supply it anyway.
My custom Darkrai moveset.
I've seen others... but I'm just posting mine to give an example on how he could work out.

Still holding out for an Expansion Pokemon 3rd or 4th Gen rep.

Also still holding out for when this game is released... From what I see, it looks good, as much as the mixing of anime/manga characters and video game characters rather deters me.
Haha... Whatever happened to Mr. Incredible from the first Smash Flash, was he scrapped?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh, yeah, a couple were.

Folks, please don't worry about an expansion not being made. If enough people want it, I'm sure someone will make it. We are also trying to convince Cleod9 to make them as functional as possible so that the only thing that they are really missing is a concrete place in the story.

Also, about the anime/manga/video game cross-over thing; I'm not exactly thrilled about the combination either, but it sort of is like items: they are there if you want them, but if you don't like them, just don't use them.

I'll see what I can do about that Darkrai expansion, though.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Well, he said Wednesday at the earilest and Friday at the latest, so I'd say late afternoon to early evening today or tomorrow.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heh heh, yeah, a couple were.

Folks, please don't worry about an expansion not being made. If enough people want it, I'm sure someone will make it. We are also trying to convince Cleod9 to make them as functional as possible so that the only thing that they are really missing is a concrete place in the story.

Also, about the anime/manga/video game cross-over thing; I'm not exactly thrilled about the combination either, but it sort of is like items: they are there if you want them, but if you don't like them, just don't use them.

I'll see what I can do about that Darkrai expansion, though.
Awesome... Thank you. :D Even if he doesn't make it in, at least he was brought up. That works for me.
I only wonder if other Pkmn fans would be satisfied seeing him in or not, if it comes down to it. I know Lucario and Deoxys are popular, but Darkrai's slowly gaining... Well, guess we'll see. Can't learn anything without taking some chances, I suppose.

And @ the demo... Nice. I missed out on that announcement. Can't wait to see how the demo turns out. :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
:confused:Did anyone hear talk about the downloadable characters like NES Mario?
Hmm. Other than that NES Mario is an Expansion Character and that there may be more possible Expansion Characters in the future other than those mentioned on the site... not really.

Sephiroth...
Roy...
NES Mario...
and Ike. These are the only characters on the Smash Flash Dojo site.

Whether there's more than that already confirmed is beyond me, though... if this is what you were asking.

Blackimar

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Other than that NES Mario is an Expansion Character and that there may be more possible Expansion Characters in the future other than those mentioned on the site... not really.

Sephiroth...
Roy...
NES Mario...
and Ike. These are the only characters on the Smash Flash Dojo site.

Whether there's more than that already confirmed is beyond me, though... if this is what you were asking.
i just learnd that there making the old arcade Donkey Kong a character and the internet a character but they are downloads i found this info on the Mcleodgaming wiki

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Every few hours I've been checking for the demo...:(
COME ON CLEOD9!!!

Oh, btw, besides Sonic and a new stage (which one btw?), is there anything else that you know of being added?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
He won't be on for at least 4 more hours... go play Brawl for now or something.

From what I hear, aside from what you mentioned, he'll be fixing a bunch of bugs, including a bunch of changes for Mario, have Kirby actually inhale the characters rather than just the power (but still no hats), giving Lloyd a new final smash (I think), MAYBE adding a simple item or two (like food), including music, adding more hitstun, making the camera much more fluid, and much, much more. There's a reason it was delayed 8 times, you know!

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Jeez! O_O
Well, I cannot complain for any delays. This may not be a true-blue console game, but to quote some wise words, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." Hold your horses long enough... and your patience will be rewarded. ;)

Ah, question: I noticed on the Smash Flash DOJO!! that, apparently, Mewtwo's sprites have been reworked... Is this true?
Mewtwo's character page.

Thanks.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
He won't be on for at least 4 more hours... go play Brawl for now or something.

From what I hear, aside from what you mentioned, he'll be fixing a bunch of bugs, including a bunch of changes for Mario, have Kirby actually inhale the characters rather than just the power (but still no hats), giving Lloyd a new final smash (I think), MAYBE adding a simple item or two (like food), including music, adding more hitstun, making the camera much more fluid, and much, much more. There's a reason it was delayed 8 times, you know!
Wait Lloyd is getting another final smash change? What's wrong with his current one?

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Lloyd's old FS was quite...eh. And thank god he's changing the Kirby thing...it was awful before. I just can't wait to play as Sonic...

Will he have the same specials as in Brawl? (which are horrible, btw.)

AND OMG, I JUST REALIZED...NO DEDEDE :'[ R.I.P.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I like the new sprites for Peach, much nicer than the Super Princess Peach ones.

And a quick question, is there any limit to how many expansion characters someone can add to their game? Or could they essentially download every expansion character that's made (providing they wanted to of course...)?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
^ Jeez! O_O
Well, I cannot complain for any delays. This may not be a true-blue console game, but to quote some wise words, "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." Hold your horses long enough... and your patience will be rewarded. ;)

Ah, question: I noticed on the Smash Flash DOJO!! that, apparently, Mewtwo's sprites have been reworked... Is this true?
Mewtwo's character page.

Thanks.
Dang it! I was going to quote Miyamaoto if anyone complained about the delay! Ah well.

Yes, it is true that Mewtwo has undergone a sheet change, like many other characters such as Peach, Captain Falcon, Zelda & Wario (will, at least), Sasuke, Bowser, and the list goes on.

Wait Lloyd is getting another final smash change? What's wrong with his current one?
*shrugs* One of the devs is a big ToS fan and he thought of a better FS for Lloyd. I want to say it's falcon something (not falcon punch, obviously), but even that may be wrong.

Sweet! Lloyd's old FS was quite...eh. And thank god he's changing the Kirby thing...it was awful before. I just can't wait to play as Sonic...

Will he have the same specials as in Brawl? (which are horrible, btw.)

AND OMG, I JUST REALIZED...NO DEDEDE :'[ R.I.P.
I think so. I don't pay that much attention to him (he will have his homing attack for sure thanks to the same code used for Mario's spin stomp).

Someone already made the animations for a Dedede expansion. I think it's on the expansion forums, already. It may not be terrible that he isn't an in-game character, all things considered, taking his chain grab into account.

Top Bottom