• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

Steelia

Smash Champion
I said the demo is due out today after 12 but before 3.
Ah, okay, missed that part.

I'll be sure to stick around for it, then.

Any idea how many characters/stages/options will be available in the demo? (Pokeballs... Assist Trophies... etc.)

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
No pokeballs or ATs... that will be demo v0.4. However, I'm pretty sure the following things are in:

- Mario's improved move set (Fire Mario is actually usable now!)
- Smash balls that actually behave like in Brawl
- Sonic, of course
- I think there was a Mario stage being added to the next demo, but I'm not positive.
- MAYBE an actual menu screen
- Sonic, of course
- Improved camera (and physics, I think)
- Kirby actually inhaling enemies
- MAYBE the ability to hold items in your hand
- MAYBE a few new items
- MAYBE ledge invulnerability
- Revival platforms
- And more!

I guess you'll just have to play the demo when it comes out today to see all that's in now.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
F*ck manga charecters, Marth, Isaac and Ridley must be in, downloadable (expansion) or not!

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
How mature. If you actually read the thread you would know that marth has on as does ridley and I'm not sure about Isaac. And don't be so closed minded.

In other um me talkings its gotta be out soon.:bee:
If YOU actually read the thread, you would know that Ridley hasn't been mentioned anywhere on this thread, as well as Isaac.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This is odd. It's an hour and fifteen minutes past when the latest time the demo update was supposed to be out. There's no update. There has been a post in this thread for two hours...and I'm the only one who seems to notice...did everyone who was visiting this thread and waiting for the update just drop dead?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wow. This is odd. It's an hour and fifteen minutes past when the latest time the demo update was supposed to be out. There's no update. There has been a post in this thread for two hours...and I'm the only one who seems to notice...did everyone who was visiting this thread and waiting for the update just drop dead?
Different time zone maybe? I dunno what time zone they're in but it's four here. Just wait, if he says the demo'll be up, it'll be up soon.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Here... My internet was out the entire duration of the estimated realease time. Believe me, I know how much is sucks that it isn't out yet. It WILL be today, though.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be D: if it comes out at like...10. I'm going away tomorrow for 5 days....:[
No SSF2 for me

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
The demo has been posted on the developer's forum, but not by Cleod9, which let's me to suggest that Cleod9 MAY in fact be fixing some of the errors in the demo. Maybe. In any case, I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to post the link elsewhere until Cleod9 offical posts it. Sorry.

I will answer any questions not regarding when the demo is to be released publicly about the demo to the best of my abilities.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
What's the new stage?
Ugh...with all these questions, why not just make another list of notable things that HAVE been added?

Steelia

Smash Champion
The demo has been posted on the developer's forum, but not by Cleod9, which let's me to suggest that Cleod9 MAY in fact be fixing some of the errors in the demo. Maybe. In any case, I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to post the link elsewhere until Cleod9 offical posts it. Sorry.

I will answer any questions not regarding when the demo is to be released publicly about the demo to the best of my abilities.
D'oh. Well, that works.

The only question I have is Who are the playable demo characters?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Can you wavedash in the demo? =D

Real question; is there Peach?
Lol, no, but you can air dodge.

And no Peach isn't in, but I would rather have Cleod9 fix Mario first anyway before moving on to Peach.
Is Wario in?
No, I'm redoing him as the WarioWare Wario anyway.
What's the new stage?
Ugh...with all these questions, why not just make another list of notable things that HAVE been added?
Final Destination.
D'oh. Well, that works.

The only question I have is Who are the playable demo characters?
Mario( nerfed D: ), Kirby, Ichigo, Lloyd, and Sonic(ABOVE God tier).

Any other questions?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mario( nerfed D: ), Kirby, Ichigo, Lloyd, and Sonic(ABOVE God tier).

Any other questions?
Okay, thanks for that.

And what of their Final Smashes (Mario, Kirby, Ichigo, Lloyd)? You mention Mario being nerfed... Was his Final Smash changed at all? And what of Lloyd...?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Okay, thanks for that.

And what of their Final Smashes (Mario, Kirby, Ichigo, Lloyd)? You mention Mario being nerfed... Was his Final Smash changed at all? And what of Lloyd...?
They are all the same, from what I can tell.
Mario was nerfed, but unintentionally. His fireballs don't work, the Fire Mario moveset is still the same, and many things still need to be fixed.
Alright then, just need to learn how to wavebounce in this game and I'm set then ;D

What exactly about Mario has been nerfed? He hasn't seemed so great since his Side-B was switched from the uber-powerful FLUDD to the "eh" Cape...
That Green Missle clone? That move made Mario a clone of Luigi (weird...)! Anyway, it's not the final version and there should be a lot less of a wait between this demo and the next, so the cape, along with the rest of Mario, should be fixed soon enough.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
There's a MAJOR bug. 25% of the time the camera just moves down below the stage and I can't do anything about it...its weird. Aside from that, Sonic being a bit buggy, and FD looking kinda...odd, it's great.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I liked the demo a lot, Sonic was pretty good (good thing Super Sonic isn't as **** as he is in Brawl...) and FD was a nice touch, as was the music and intros.

But I did find one glitch in the game; after Kirby uses his Final Smash, he can't use his Neutral B anymore.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wait wait sorry.
Where can I play the new demo again?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm. Noticed the same thing when using Neutral B's, too. However, with Kirby, I was able to use it when I jumped in the air and used it. Can't use it when stationary on the ground.

All in all, though, AWESOME demo. And very nice quality music, sounds and visuals. The shaking screen adds on a whole new level of gameplay, too. :)

...Ah, and Sonic managed to slip out of my Kirby Final Smash... He somehow was "flipped" out of the cooking pot. Is that supposed to happen on occasion? :p

...And with Mario's Final Smash... The meter that says how long he has till it wears off wears down... but once I hit a character with my B-move, it automatically rises up again, so I'm pretty much able to stay Fire Mario forever if I so much as hit a character with my B-move. Odd.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
This is unbelievably bad@ss. But yeah, the screen scrolling thing seems to be the biggest issue. If this gets 100% completed, I will give the developers unimaginable props

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for pointing out the glitches rather than complaining about them (we made on post on the spriter's resource forum and all but two members total crucified us because of the roster and SSF1! They say they wouldn't even try it!).

These glitches are the reason these demos are released: it would take Cleod9 or even the devs too long to find all the bugs without help. Cleod9 will be working on these problems Before moving on, especially those pertaining to Mario.

Anyway,before any of you ask, no, I do not know when the next demo will come out,but it should be a lot less of a wait than for v0.3a thanks to all the coding done for this demo.

Now that the demo has been addressed, let me ask you guys this: what can we do to make this game more competative for you?

Top Bottom