• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I like the new sprites for Peach, much nicer than the Super Princess Peach ones.

And a quick question, is there any limit to how many expansion characters someone can add to their game? Or could they essentially download every expansion character that's made (providing they wanted to of course...)?
Thank you! I animated her all by myself and everyone but one or two devs and Cleod9 gave me grief for it! To anwser your question, there are 10 planned expansion slots on the selection screen, so you can only have 10 ready to use at one time. Of course, you can download as many as you want; it's just that not all of them will be on the select screen at the same time.

BUT I R <3 D3 CG!

I'm a Dedede main, after all... :D
He'd make more than half our stages unusable...
Besides, he'll be available as an expansion, so just get him that way.

make into a assist trophy plz
...What would it do?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Dang it! I was going to quote Miyamaoto if anyone complained about the delay! Ah well.

Yes, it is true that Mewtwo has undergone a sheet change, like many other characters such as Peach, Captain Falcon, Zelda & Wario (will, at least), Sasuke, Bowser, and the list goes on.
Whoops... Sorry about that. :3

Ah, thanks for the character heads-up. Interesting... I wouldn't have guessed that so many characters got makeovers.
Aye, and I agree with MarthTrinity, those Peach sprites look NICE. I prefer those over the Super Princess Peach ones as well... Probably because they stay true to Peach's nature?

itsameSMB again said:
[King Dedede]'d make more than half our stages unusable...
Why is that? :confused: (I don't know anything about programming games and whatnot, so please pardon if that sounds like a noobish question.)

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Whoops... Sorry about that. :3

Ah, thanks for the character heads-up. Interesting... I wouldn't have guessed that so many characters got makeovers.
Aye, and I agree with MarthTrinity, those Peach sprites look NICE. I prefer those over the Super Princess Peach ones as well... Probably because they stay true to Peach's nature?

Why is that? :confused: (I don't know anything about programming games and whatnot, so please pardon if that sounds like a noobish question.)
To the first one: It's because she doesn't use that stupid parasol in all of her animations, that's why!

To the second one: chain-grab + walk-off stage = broken stage

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Good point... but still, trying to change the roster isn't worth the trouble it would take when you have expansions. Unless you don't mind the Wolf/Toon Link/Jigglypuff methods of write-ins for story mode, it won't be all that different playing as expansions, anyway.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Good point... but still, trying to change the roster isn't worth the trouble it would take when you have expansions. Unless you don't mind the Wolf/Toon Link/Jigglypuff methods of write-ins for story mode, it won't be all that different playing as expansions, anyway.
I just thought of something. What happens if kirby swallows an expansion character. Does he just not get a power.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm.
Well, if King Dedede's one of those seriously considered characters, then by all means make him an expansion character so not to "ruin the flow" of Smash Flash 2. Trust me when I say I was terribly irrated when a certain game I was waiting for was delayed for three extra weeks... because someone tweaked with the character roster (just by adding a picture and some stats!).

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I know that feeling...

Speaking of delay, I'm regretful to inform you that it looks as if the demo will in fact be out tomorrow rather than tonight. It'll be worth the wait, I promise (and hope).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tomorrow?
Thats fine. You gonna post the Link in this thread? =P

Steelia

Smash Champion
I know that feeling...

Speaking of delay, I'm regretful to inform you that it looks as if the demo will in fact be out tomorrow rather than tonight. It'll be worth the wait, I promise (and hope).
All right, thanks for that heads-up. Heh, at least most of us can get to sleep now without wondering all night, "WHERES THE DEMO WHERE IS IT THEY PROMISED TONIGHT *coffee break*".

The demos given on the site were impressive enough... and actually very enjoyable for having only four playable characters. I can only imagine what this demo could have in store...

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Thank you! I animated her all by myself and everyone but one or two devs and Cleod9 gave me grief for it! To anwser your question, there are 10 planned expansion slots on the selection screen, so you can only have 10 ready to use at one time. Of course, you can download as many as you want; it's just that not all of them will be on the select screen at the same time.

He'd make more than half our stages unusable...

...What would it do?
it instantly freezes one random character,slows down one character,and speeds up one character

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just a quick something:

Alright. So I know you guys are accepting every single user created character submitted for the SSF2. Firstly, I suggest you only send the link to the expansion forums to friends. The moment you post in on Newgrounds you'll be getting ***** by sprite animators trying to make a name for themselves

Secondly, only ten will be on screen at a time? What if you have fifteen downloaded, and you want to use one that's not on? Will it randomly generate each time? Let's say you have one hundred downloaded. It would be a hassle to find the one you want. Perhaps there should be a scroll option that allows you to look through the DLC characters, to keep the character selection screen small and not as frustrating.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
1) Not all expansions are official, you know. The newgrounds version won't have expansion capabilities, either.

2) I mean you can only registered 10 at a time. Think MUGEN. You can have as many as you want on your hard drive, but they won't show up unless they've been registered.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
itsameSMB, any idea what the new stage included in the demo is?

And I must say, I'm looking forward to this game just as much as if it were a real game. The fact that I've gone back to play the existing demo dozens of times with only four playable characters, one item, one real stage, and NO music, just shows you how much I'm going to love it once there's all the characters imaginable thanks to expansions, tons of arenas, and story mode! Seriously, you guys have created a masterpeice! Good job! And thanks lol

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
:[ its k. so...sorry about all the questions, but do you have any idea around when tomorrow it'll be up?

Im guessing no, but better safe than sorry

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
2) I mean you can only registered 10 at a time. Think MUGEN. You can have as many as you want on your hard drive, but they won't show up unless they've been registered.
I have no Mugen expirience so I'm not 100% sure what your talking about. I think I get what you mean though.

Anyway, it's time for me to stop being pessimistic for a few seconds and to try and help. I've always SSB to include a meter based fighting system. Perhaps an extra mode could have a health bar and a final smash bar. Any comments/suggestions for this? I doubt it will make it in, but I think it would be cool.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
A final smash bar has been a feature in the demos since v0.2b, and I think stamina is one of the special modes.

Also, I may have spoke too soon about the demo tonight! Cleod9 just logged on, and there's only one reason I can think of for him getting on so late. Don't get your hopes up too high, though.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
A final smash bar has been a feature in the demos since v0.2b, and I think stamina is one of the special modes.

Also, I may have spoke too soon about the demo tonight! Cleod9 just logged on, and there's only one reason I can think of for him getting on so late. Don't get your hopes up too high, though.
I think he means a bar that fills up slowly or win you land attacks or something and when its full you can do your final smash.

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice

I doubt it. If he does post the demo tonight I hope it has a couple new features.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Thhhaaannkkk yooouuuuu
Don't thank me, thank Cleod9.

MAKE AMATERASU FROM OKAMI DOWNLOADABLE.

You will be God forever afterwards.
Just suggest it on the expansion forum.
race to the finish?custome stages?super sudden death?
-I'm not positive, but I think so.
-Without a doubt yes.
-Part of Special Brawl (or whatever we call it).

Also,hot of the press and from Cleod9 himself:
"I FINALLY got the Smash Ball to float and break by attacking today, which took FOREVER. And now that I'm done with that I just add a few more smaller features and release tomorrow! (Well technically "today" cuz it's Friday now here, but Friday is when it comes out) I'm gunna aim for sometime mid-afternoon.

I do hope you guys will be pleased with the update. This is a major break through for SSF2 in terms of catching up to Runouw, so the game should seem more presentable once you see the update. And as I've said before, updates after this one will not take as long anymore since I got a lot of major code out of the way which is another plus.;)"

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Don't thank me, thank Cleod9.

Just suggest it on the expansion forum.

-I'm not positive, but I think so.
-Without a doubt yes.
-Part of Special Brawl (or whatever we call it).

Also,hot of the press and from Cleod9 himself:
"I FINALLY got the Smash Ball to float and break by attacking today, which took FOREVER. And now that I'm done with that I just add a few more smaller features and release tomorrow! (Well technically "today" cuz it's Friday now here, but Friday is when it comes out) I'm gunna aim for sometime mid-afternoon.

I do hope you guys will be pleased with the update. This is a major break through for SSF2 in terms of catching up to Runouw, so the game should seem more presentable once you see the update. And as I've said before, updates after this one will not take as long anymore since I got a lot of major code out of the way which is another plus.;)"
w00t! That is excellent *guitar rift* (A cookie for anyone who gets the refrence)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ah, all right, so now the Smash Ball's breakable. That's good... I was beginning to worry that it would stay a pick-up-able item, heh.

Sweet. Looking forward to the game today. :)

Puffs

Smash Ace
If Marluxia's an AT, does that mean Kingdom Hearts characters are gonna be playable?

Blackimar

Smash Cadet
i cant wait for the game to come out im ganna download it so i can get the dowloadable characters but yah i have to play the demo still i hope that the release date will be released soon:( and i think so Puffs i dont know

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
If Marluxia's an AT, does that mean Kingdom Hearts characters are gonna be playable?
Yes, two of them.
i cant wait for the game to come out im ganna download it so i can get the dowloadable characters but yah i have to play the demo still i hope that the release date will be released soon:( and i think so Puffs i dont know
I said the demo is due out today after 12 but before 3.
Gaara as another Naruto rep.

-Ter
Please don't go there.

Top Bottom