• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
That's what I thought. Okay, for the heck of it, I'll give you a little crash course on the fan characters just so your decisions are a little more informed.

Blade is the fan character of theoriginalblade, who was the 3rd member to join MG and the first non-admin one at that. I don' know his backsotry off-hand, but it's somewhere on the old forums in the Writing or art section, I think.

Blue is either Blade's anti-hero rival or enemy, but I forget which. I really don't know much else about him.

Azrael is some sort of assassin/reaper guy from an RP done by one of the game's major contributors, Phratt. He's suppose to be more powerful around high spritual energy and has the ability to mainpulate his own dimension. A step up, but still a bit obscure to me, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Spikeman was created by an early and still active member bythe name of, er, Spikeman. I don't really know that much about him anyway, but I know he's tried to get him in many games before and half the devs are threatening to quit if he's removed.

Anyway, since I think we have a good idea with your guys' stance on our current roster, I think it's time we move onto something else for now. What stages would you like to see in SSF2? We currently have around 70 in the works, but not all of them may be accepted and unlike characters, there will be no expansion stages, so what would you like to see?
At least one animal crossing stage and a Super Mario Galaxy stage would rock as well.

crazygoji

Smash Rookie
As long as there's at least one playable Custom Robo, I'll be happy.

Also,

Please take Blade and Blue, and throw them into a pit. Please set the pit on fire. Please bury the pit, plant a bomb in the pit, and run away. Please return to re-burn the remains of Blade and Blue. Seriously, it's like adding Half-Suit Samus and Double-Suit Samus and giving them both swords.

Azrael and Spikeman are acceptable if they are given unique movesets or playstyles and if you swear NO MORE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS! :laugh:
QFT.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
As long as there's at least one playable Custom Robo, I'll be happy.

Also,

QFT.
For everyone's information, this game has been in the works since 2006. Way back when, there was no such thing as a "Complete Super Smash Bros Marth Sheet Made in JUS Style", so we had to make do with the Sprite Sheets that we had.

Most of the fighters have been through several sprite changes, a few characters have been cut, and a few characters have already been completed and announced in the trailers.

There's no going back now.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
At least one animal crossing stage and a Super Mario Galaxy stage would rock as well.
Haha, you have no idea, what you've opened up. Our SMG stage Galaxy Tours will the most epic stage ANYONE has ever played on. Let me just say this: 25 Stages in One.

Also, Thanks Itsame for keeping up a little better with the thread than I did.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Dark Ermac, why really cares what's in the trailers? Mario's smash as the axe punch was i the trailer, but now it's the SSBB one. Does that bother people? I should say not! If it's a change for the better, peolpe won't care about what happened in the trailer. (You aren't doing a very good job of promoting this game by saying that there's no chance, either).

Am I correct in saying this?

@ Willdabeast: Not a problem.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's tower would be a sight to see, in either Zelda style, as of course would a new Flat Zone, still as wacky as ever.
Battling on top of the slot machine of Star Fox's secret ending would be really mindblowing.
Onett would be cool and another Mother stage at least, a better New Pork City perhaps?

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Haha, you have no idea, what you've opened up. Our SMG stage Galaxy Tours will the most epic stage ANYONE has ever played on. Let me just say this: 25 Stages in One.

Also, Thanks Itsame for keeping up a little better with the thread than I did.
:)

Also Pokemon Coliseum would be cool. I think there should also be a paper mario stage if thats not to much to ask. Hmmmm also an underworld kid icarus stage. Also think that since 8-bit mario is an expansion there should be an 8-bit stage.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Well, we were considering 8-bit stage builder parts and BAD_CHECKSUM (not yet confirmed) has 8-bit parts to it.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
So, opinions: How would you all feel about Lyn from Fire Emblem in the game? Not saying it's going to happen (Most likely not), but how would you feel?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Glad to see you guys brought back Silph Co. from SSB64. That was my favorite stage.

All I can think of as a stage is a Wario Land level, and a Pokemon stage that takes place in a Gym. The only stages that haven't been in Smash Bros. look good, so I have no complaint with those.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
If you're going to have a Mario Kart stage, it MUST (should >_>) be Rainbow Road. A stage for DBZ could be the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Hmm...maybe have a Mario Party inspired stage?

And just a quick question, not sure if you can answer it or not...but I've been following the demos of the game (liking them a lot by the way, kudos) and was just curious on who's going to be added to the playable characters in the next demo besides Sonic?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
No one knows who's going to be in the next demo (Other than Cleod) besides Sonic.

I don't think I should reveal what Mario Kart stage(s) there are... same for DBZ...

cwm123

Smash Cadet
IF, and I mean IF, we were to replace Renji with another anime character, who would you like it to be?
*sighs* Does it have to be anime? I guess just make sure its a female character, there's a real lack of them.

EDIT: On second thought, isn't Renji the one with the ginormous extendo-sword? I think I'd like to keep his original moveset and see someone like Vegeta or Zero go. And I agree with MarthTrinity, go Sailor Moon!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
IF, and I mean IF, we were to replace Renji with another anime character, who would you like it to be?
How about Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, I know there's a few GBA games that there's most likely some sprites from...

Not my FIRST choice for an anime character in a Smash game, but he's probably one that you could easily find sprites for and that would be easily recognizable...or you could always do Sailor Moon xD

Female Character Count: +1

Steelia

Smash Champion
With the stages, there's already been an original Pokemon stage introduced... and that's really all I was looking forward to seeing. Awesome.

As for any other stages to be added, I couldn't say... I don't know the current stage count per faction (4 Mario stages? 3 Metroid stages? 2 DBZ stages? etc. You get what I'm saying... yes?). So... without so much as an estimate at how many stages are under each faction... I don't want to add another on a faction that's already filled to the brim with stages under it.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of characters again:

Say we were to have two slots open up for characters. Which characters would you prefer for them?

Marth + Lyn
Lyn + Another character
Marth + Another character
2 non-Fire Emblem characters

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Marth + Lyn please.
Maybe Marth + Sothe?

I can hope can't I?....

Steelia

Smash Champion
Arrgh, why did you have to pull two characters that I enjoy! Marth's been around for a while... but Lyn's always been one of my hopeful Smashers... Aaagh.

Well... for the sake of the female roster, I'd go with:

Lyn (Fire Emblem) + Darkrai (Pokemon)

An obscure choice, Darkrai... but I feel he'd be a decent 4th Gen Pokemon rep.... Either him, or Lucario.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Marth + Soren

Actually, any FE mage would work. Original moveset, one that could possibly entirely projectile based. That would be awesome.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Olimar and anyone else. :)

Ooh, I like Darkrai.

I'll keep thinking about it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I can't believe people are choosing Marth, Roy and even freaking Soren over my beloved Ike. He's the coolest FE lord evar.

Edit: Whoops. Never mind. Just saw the expansion list. Soren For SSF2.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I see fan characters. That means instant NO PLAY

Can there be any fan game with a good roster.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Well, no new characters. No FE. Sorry guys.
Jumping the gun, aren't we? He said, "No, don't give me character suggestions cuz #1 you'll fall to the level of an SSF2 Discussion section participant, #2 Removing Renji would break the anime "pair" trend we have going, and #3 I can't afford to make a major change to the roster now since it really throws of the flow of production when things change like that, as well as wastes the time of the users who helped make them (so I want to keep roster changes to a bare minimum, only if it's necessary I will make a change)". That means he's not going to do an overhaul, but if COMPLETELY NECESSARY, he'll change it.

Anyway, we have another question for you guys:

Will you be playing the newgrounds version which does not require downloading and is planned on having Wii playability, or will you be download the EXE version from the mcleodgaming.com website, which will have expansions capabilities, a complete 1P mode with a story mode, and collectibles? Please answer this question, as it is critical to the development of the game.

Top Bottom