• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I'll be different and choose Link's A outfit.
Ok, is it me or you can't change your air speed while performing an aerial attack? Will that be changed in next versions?
I'd address character balance, but it's a demo and the game will probably be patched to deal with that anyway.
1) As you've noticed, a lot of the engine needs to still be worked out, so a lot of things that need fixing (such as the momentum issues) need to be fixed, such as the lack of aerial control.
2) We can only hope so. Only Cleod9 knows what will go in and what will be postponed.
3) Character balance... yeah...

Just for the heck of it, what are your two bits on character balance?

Steelia

Smash Champion
About Darkrai: ayou can stop at the moveset unless you have a specific way you'd like the animations to work.
Hmm-hmm, all right...

Well, this was a moveset I had in mind. It's a little sketchy, so if someone ever picks him up, I wouldn't mind it if some of his moves were changed up.

(Pardon... This is going to get big...)

And as for the sprites I have below, those are just for visual skin references. (Sorry, don't have any sprites that I could use for animating purposes... >_< )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHALLENGER APPROACHING! BATTLE THEME

Versus Legendary! - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Alt.: Versus Primal Dialga - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness

MOVES

Intro (when he appears on the field): A black spot/void appears on the ground, and Darkrai slowly emerges head-first.

A: Swipes at foe weakly
A: Swipes foe again, with a little more force

Smash Attack>: Darkrai lashes out with dark energy at his fingertips. Tip of fingertips has most power/knockback.

Smash Attack^: Darkrai uses both hands to create a ball of dark energy above his head that shoots into the sky a short range. (Dark energy ball still causes minor damage as it's loading in his hands.)

Smash Attack v: Darkrai raises his arms, then sharply drops them so that they're parallel with the ground. He releases some of his red aura as he does this. This move works similarly to Lucario's down Smash Attack.

Crouch: Darkrai's body sinks into the ground. Only his head is visible. If one were to see what he looked like from above, they'd see his flowing "hair", his head, and what appears to be his body in the stage as a shadow.

Crawl: Darkrai's body, hidden in darkness, slowly creeps forward or backwards.

Strong Attack>: Darkrai lashes outwards with this hands.

Strong Attack^: Darkrai uses a hand to swipe away enemies with a dark force.

Strong Attack v: (While crouched) Darkrai slightly shoves enemies away with telekenetic powers.

Rushing Attack: Darkrai shoves away his opponents with a red aura pulse.

Neutral Special Attack: DARK PULSE - Hold the B button down for more power; move will automatically release once charged completely (think Marth and Ike's B moves); the longer held, the more damage done and farther range. Dark energy pulses from Darkrai's body.

Special Attack>: SHADOW CLAW - Can be used twice in a row; Darkrai swipes downwards at the enemy first swipe, then upwards the second. He uses a ghastly energy...

Special Attack^: PURSUIT - Darkrai automatically locks on to the closest opponent and hits them. Depending on if the enemy is idle or moving, the attack's power weakens or intensifies respectfully.

Special Attack v: HYPNOSIS - Darkrai lulls nearby opponents to sleep, giving them minor damage as they doze off. Their length of sleep depends on how much percent they have accumulated, and the distance away they were from Darkrai when he executed the attack. Cannot lull enemies to sleep in the air.

Grab: Grabs with both hands.

Grab Attack: Sends dark energy coursing through the enemy.

Throw>: Darkrai suspends the enemy slightly in front of him, holds a hand out, and shoves them away telekenetically.

Throw<: Darkrai throws his enemy over his shoulder as dark energy clings to their body.

Throw^: Darkrai suspends the enemy above him for a moment, then shoves them into the sky via telekenetic powers.

Throw v: Darkrai envelopes the enemy with dark energy as they bounce off the ground beneath him.

Neutral Aerial Attack: Darkrai pulses with red aura. Has decent knockback.

Aerial Attack>: Darkrai slashes at the air in front of him with dark energies.

Aerial Attack<: Darkrai (with legs extended) kicks backwards twice. The tip of his legs has the most knockback power.

Aerial Attack^: Darkrai uses dark energy to create a small explosion above him (similar to Zelda's Aerial Attack^ .)

Aerial Attack v: Darkrai brings down his hands to create a small burst of red energy. *Meteor Smash.*

Taunt: Darkrai's body is outlined in red aura and he grunts, amused.

Special Effect(s): Darkrai hovers slightly above the ground, and does not trigger items such as Motion Sensors or Snake's mines due to levitation. *Optional effect.*

Final Smash: DARK VOID - Darkrai breaks open the Smash Ball... He executes Dark Void by putting his hands above his head. A black ball of energy appears in his hands, then swiftly expands, engulfing anyone nearby. Anyone in the viscinity of Dark Void is put to sleep, and their percentage slowly rises. Enemies that are in the air, but end up inside the void, fall to the ground unable to recover unless they escape the void. (Think Luigi's Negative Zone.)

Winning pose: Darkrai, his back partially to the camera, peeks to the side to view the player. His eye flashes red, and his body flows.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Yes, well... I'm afraid you'l have to pick one taunt and win and there will not be alt. skins (we tried), but other than that, I'll see what I can do.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yes, well... I'm afraid you'l have to pick one taunt and win and there will not be alt. skins (we tried), but other than that, I'll see what I can do.
Ah, all right, I hear you. Made the edit to the original Darkrai post. I posted the skins, extra taunts and winning poses just in case... That's too bad about the alternate skins, though... Ah, well.
Really appreciate you looking into this. :)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just breezing by to say that Fawful, Daroach, an Zangoose playable would be awesome (mostly Fawful), or as AT's. P balloon is the only item I can think of right now that would be pretty cool (although I can imagine it would be difficult doing the sprites). I dunno if I could think of movesets for Fawful or Daroach, but I maybe able to for Zangoose.

Good luck with the game, looking good so far!

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean Cleod9 does not want Master Chief to be in any way, shape, or form. That includes assist trophies, trophies, and even expansions. If you want him in, you'll have to find an expansion of him not made by Cleod9.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
My apologies for the double post, but we'd like your opinions on some more things. First two things are for Peach and Yoshi. Which do you prefer?

A
B
C
D

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
B and C in my opinion, I'm just greatful you guys didn't go with the Super Princess Peach sprites for Peach...

Although I must say, what's up with her Final Smash now? I thought the old one was better (Peach Blossom) than the new one (Giant Peach)...although that's just my two cents =)

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
The old one wasn't Peach Blossom... it was dance of happiness. it was like Peach Blossom, but without the peachs and TAUNTING instead of sleeping. Giant Peach was sort of meant as a joke, though. I really should tell Cleod9 the new idea...

Steelia

Smash Champion
B and C.
B because of the detail on Peach's dress,
C because Yoshi's brighter and more colorful... Because that's Yoshi for you. :p

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'll bump this.

I prefer A and C...

I thought "giant Peach" was a good reference to the movie.

Here's some stuff found by playing

- Damage unbalances. Mario's short ranged f-smash uncharged is 6% damage, Kirby's slow hammer special is 9% damage with poor knockback, Lloyd's fast, long-ranged forward smash does 16% uncharged with good knockback. But Sonic's neutral combo attack takes the cake by doing a ridiculous 24% (seemingly without hitting without the final kick, which means the full damage is actually 32%!)

-Sonic is broken. Ridiculous recovery, ridiculous dash attack, can stall in the air with side-special, KOs at 70 percent, high speed, just what? His only weakness is his landing lag.

-Kirby is a bit too good. Esp. his lagless up special.

-Someone said Mario's down smash has deceptive range? Well, it doesn't, because its range is literally 3 pixels in front of him.
Mario isn't really all around or even good as he should be. His aerial attacks are too good compared to his weak and short ground attacks, and the fireball is weak and somewhat slow. His recovery is almost purely horizontal to boot.

-Lloyd's Guard deflects projectiles, attacks and cannot be grabbed either. So how is one supposed to punish it?

what do you think?

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Yep, all those things are true. We have a bug archive where you can submit these problems, just so you know, but we appreciate it nonetheless.

Alrighty then, we have some more questions for you guys.

1) A
or B
? If neutral, say so.

2) For Meta Knight's final smash, should he transform into Galacta Knight or should he use the uber Mach Tornado from Meta Knightmare Ultra?

3) More transformation Final Smashes or less? How many out of, say, 50 is okay?

4) What is a good character to you?

5) Hypothetically, who would you pick as an FE rep besides Marth?

6) VERY hypothetically, which would you prefer a since alternate costume for: Wario or Megaman?

Florida

イーグランツ
I pray that you actually test this one. The last game was so flawed.... Inuyasha could win in two hits because his aerial was broken, and there are plenty other moves like that as well. Don't make the screen so shaky, and actually put some thought into balancement...

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I pray that you pay attention to any of the 20 pages before this...

We've address the errors and we are asking for your opinions so that we can make it for the player, notthe makers. So, as I was saying:

1) A
or B
? If neutral, say so.

2) For Meta Knight's final smash, should he transform into Galacta Knight or should he use the uber Mach Tornado from Meta Knightmare Ultra?

6) VERY hypothetically, which would you prefer a since alternate costume for: Wario or Megaman?

Steelia

Smash Champion
1) A http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9899/motorbikewariovictory3zy6.png or B http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3120/overallswariovictoryqb7.png ? If neutral, say so.

1) Hmm. That's certainly very hard... Go for modern, or pick the classic? In the end, I guess I'd go with the modern WarioWare look -- A... It's not like we already have two other overall-wearing plumbers as it is (3 if Waluigi somehow makes it in :p ).

2) I don't think I've ever seen this "uber Mach Tornado" before, but I've never been one for bland oversized rehashes of existing moves... Galacta Knight for the win. It's amazing just how popular this character has become in recent times... Seriously.

3) More transformation Final Smashes. That means more unique characters to play as, in my opinion (unless they're all uber Giga Bowser-/Wario-Man-esque, then the formula will turn out rather stale). About 10 sounds right. Half is pushing it... REALLY pushing it, in my opinion.

4) A good character is a balanced character. A few good moves, a few bad moves. I could care less of clones; more clones means more characters (though it would make the programmers look rather lazy, heh).

5) As an alternate Fire Emblem rep besides Marth... Definitely Lyndis. She's always been a favorite of mine.

6) An alternate costume... Hmm... Hard to say... Just who could Mega Man pull off? I mean, there're the possibilites of Protoman and Bass... but that's pushing it, in my opinion. I'd rather stay neutral for this until it's emphasized just what/whom Mega Man can have an alternate costume of.

Florida

イーグランツ
I pray that you pay attention to any of the 20 pages before this...

We've address the errors and we are asking for your opinions so that we can make it for the player, notthe makers.
You asked for opinions and suggestions, I gave you them. :) Chill, and actually do what's suggested. You can't react so badly to each criticism given, because you'll get a LOT.

And by the way, don't respond to posts with "didn't you read the past so-and-so pages," because no one wants to read through TWENTY pages of "ooh! ooh! include Gogeta!!"

1) A
or B
? If neutral, say so.
B

I think you guys can be a little more original with the final smashes. Neutral.

10/50 is o.k. (1/5)

One that is important, not fan-made, and one that actually has the potential to have a good moveset and be fun to the fans.

Black Knight.

...? What are you asking? Since alternate costume?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I am going to hyperbump, oh kay.

Proceeding to the next question, I am going to make this as general as possible, so bear with me, we need your ideas.

What are your views on competitivity? Would you prefer the game to have ATs? If so, would you like deliberate ones or ones we just come across in development? If you want already existent ones, would you prefer Melee's or Brawl's? What advice do you have for us as we go down this road?

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
I hope they improve grabs in the next version, along with more items ^.^

1.) B. A looks too dark and messy.
2.) Galaxia Darkness. Period.
3.) Way less. 5.
4.) Ehhh... I gotta agree with Egruntz. I mean, Azrael? What the... have someone like Ninten for god's sake. I mean, it was bad enough that Inuyasha and MR. INCREDIBLE were in the last one.
5.) ?
6.) Again, agree with Egruntz. Since alternate costume?

And to the next one: no tournaments, except online and for fun. To the other questions, I think ATs should be there, but be in a special, configurable feature. Advice: forget ATs! Add Ness already!

Steelia

Smash Champion
I am going to hyperbump, oh kay.

Proceeding to the next question, I am going to make this as general as possible, so bear with me, we need your ideas.

What are your views on competitivity? Would you prefer the game to have ATs? If so, would you like deliberate ones or ones we just come across in development? If you want already existent ones, would you prefer Melee's or Brawl's? What advice do you have for us as we go down this road?
Competitivity? Pff. I was never for it... though if you all pull a Brawl on us by tainting the perfectly good Melee formula, I swear... :p

Assist Trophies I thought were good for SIDE characters, sidekick characters and whatnot. They shouldn't be used for characters that have a lot of popularity, though, in my opinion... But I enjoy the concept of AT nonetheless.

Existent... what not? Brawl or Melee Assist Trophies? Last I checked, Melee didn't have Assist Trophies...?

I have no advice to give other than to make the roster diverse and relatively modern. Brawl did it nicely, but at the same time screwed over the major franchises (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda) by not giving them enough characters for modern sake... which pissed a lot of people off. No Midna, no King K. Rool, no Ridley (playable), no Deoxys, no Dark Samus, no Mewtwo, no Vaati, no Geno, no this or that or something rather.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

2)He's got a FS already. Why change it?

4)How about not any of these fail characters from the first one. Inuyasha? Mr. Incredible? Video game characters are cool. I would focus on keeping it primarily Nintendo with a few third party guys (is a fan game). No characters from other sources and no made up characters. Also, be sensible with who you chose (don't pick one everyone will hate).

5)Go with Ike or Roy.

6)Wario.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1) A or B? If neutral, say so.
B. WarioWare does not compare to WarioLand. I hate the WW series, save tbe characters.
Uber Mach Tornado, as long as his regular one(if in) is heavily nerfed from Brawls.
I was fine with Super Sonic...and maybe Super Shadow, but no Super Tails. His mech from SA2 was much better, as we don't need 400 some super forms(not completely exaggerating either). Super Shadow should allow him to use some moves only like Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, and Chaos Control. Goku and Vegeta as Super Saiyin is excuseable, but how about Vegeta as Majin instead? Basically, no similar transformations.
Not an anime or an original character, that's for sure. Someone based off a live action show might be fine, if they have made an in-game appearence. How about Fulgore? He's better than most Street Fighter characters, anyway.
Lyn. No Ike, but Hector wouldn't be bad.
MegaMan. I could see X as his alt with no changes. Or maybe even recolors based off Marvel VS Capcom, being Red, Blue, Black, and Green.

Top Bottom