• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It's very good for a WIP.

I think adding a quick smash would help a lot (like the c-stick in the official games) and I found it very difficult to dash.

Also, did you get the announcer from Skullgirls for this? He sounds exactly the same only with a filter.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just curious: is the APEX stream going to spoil the secret characters/stages/whatever for the download version since the download is being released after APEX? I don't care if I got spoiled but I would still like to know.

And I can't wait to watch the stream (and then download).

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
A bird (called dett xD) told me that you guys are using Melee formulas now, if thats true i am really looking forward for this demo :p

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
If you had a chance to play the new version at Apex we would love your feedback!

Was a lot of fun. :)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This game rocks,I loved v0.9

Bomberman is really cool,my new main.

LOl I discovered a glitch at smashville with Bomberman and Meta Knight,I grabbed the ledge with bomberman,them pressed normal attack,and I starKOed Metaknght at 22% lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So far I've seen 3 glitches/oddities: This, sometimes I start the match doing a single Smash A attack (I've seen it do left and up. It might have to do something with my gamepad and its C-stick settings), and the Event Match select screen seems to act odd (it'll always highlight the 1st event whether you just enter the screen or coming back from doing an event.)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Glitch at Bowser's Castle:

Im some places in the lava,instead of burning,the character falls and die underneath the stage.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Your guys need to do a review at CPU Ness,it chases the player with Pk thunder instead of hiting himself to recover,and die.

Looks like the CPU doesn't know how to play at Planet Namek,it kills himself everytime...

Another glitch:
I set player 1 to be a CPU and them I clicked on "back",after that all the options like going back,changing rules or choosing another player stopped working,and the only thing I could do was switch the player 1's character.

Another glitch:
At Target Smash mode,it's possible to select the word "target smash" under the 5 colored targets (blue,green,yellow,orange and red) and when you select the entire word,it disappears and never return,unless you close the game and restart it.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Emiya's Ichigo was very good. I only played against him one round, and he won. He learned the game pretty fast, but I heard he's a high up Smash player, so go figure. Krow took him out tho :p

This is a promotional vid I made at APEX for SSF2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maTBQ4vaKyk

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
mcleodgaming.com is down and all download links of 0.9 are down. It's like the internet does not want me to play this game.

EDIT: The site's up again, nvm.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Our site has a depression problem and sometimes it just doesn't take its meds

and it cries

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
4 years ago, I thought flash games were boring and that ssf1 was easily broken. I thought there was no hope for flash games to ever evolve...
Then I found sff2 demo 0.4, and I started believing again.
4 years later, I still screw over my fellow opponents with Sora and Link. :grin:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Are you guys planning on improving the alternate colors next patch? The color schemes would look pretty good if all the faces didn't make it look like everybody contracted a weird disease. The vibrant colors are awesome though.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys planning on improving the alternate colors next patch? The color schemes would look pretty good if all the faces didn't make it look like everybody contracted a weird disease. The vibrant colors are awesome though.
Unfortunately the only way for us to do color changes is using Flash's built in color modify functions, which limit us to applying hue, brightness, saturation, and contrast changes to the entire sprite. We definitely would do it a better way if we could, but them's the ropes.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Unfortunately the only way for us to do color changes is using Flash's built in color modify functions, which limit us to applying hue, brightness, saturation, and contrast changes to the entire sprite. We definitely would do it a better way if we could, but them's the ropes.
What's wrong with loading different sprites instead of recoloring the default ones? Too much work and/or too big file size?

If it worked out you guys could do legit Brawl mod/MvC3 DLC style costumes like Fierce Deity Link or something.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It would be lovely but not only do we not have the manpower for that but also the game would probably triple or quadruple in file size if not more (that's about a gig easily... for a flash game... and we've not even added half of the content yet)

Dr.Smex

Smash Cadet
Yo, I'm just here to report that Samus's B don't have a hitbox, it completely whiff on everybody. I tried to post at your forum but it's down at the moment.

EDIT:nvm This only happens in the download I got. when I tried it online on your site it's works, I don't know why that happened tho.

M@v

Subarashii!
what do you guys recommend is the best gamecube controller converter(the plug that lets you plug the gc into the computer)?

Or I may just go with a 360 controller to start familiarizing myself with a classic pro like controller for smash 4 lol.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yep, just unlocked it. Pretty hard without a controller lol. Is there anything else? Maybe related to the Target Test?
To my knowlege, I haven't heard of any other unlockables. Keep in mind this 0.9 demo will go through some more patches and maybe (don't quote me on this) McLeodGaming will squeeze in some more unlockables in those patches.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
Ok cool, it's very fun anyway, I like the new selection screen, a lot more detailed. When is the full game going to get released? 2014?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I am really loving the sprites of samus Aran and the other newcomers. They are completely detailed and well made. The problem is... well... they make the sprites of the veterans look imcomplete and not as detailed, especially the manga characters.

I see that both Lloyd anf Strawberry had their sprite animations reused for more than one attack. And did you take a look and Fishcake's Upper Strong Attack?

Top Bottom