• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, both of those are out of our control. The Wii uses the outdated Flash 7, while SSF2 requires the most recent version of Flash to run. And as much as we'd like to, we can't add controller support until Adobe adds support for it (it's not in their roadmap). As you mentioned though, programs like xpadder and joy2key work great.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Keybaoard controls are good. It's easier to short hop and utilt and the feel of the game is right for keyboard (or its just me: I've played the demos for 5 years now).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Will the characters sprites look better in the full game?
What's wrong with the sprites? They are some of the best sprites I've seen in any fan game (even more if you compare the game's characters sprites to those in Super Smash Bros. Crusade.) And I doubt any existing character will get a major overhaul as according to an interview a complete sprite sheet takes AT LEAST a month to be finished and art takes the longest compared to programing. The only problem I have is the okay color swaps.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah, it would be very tedious to get EVERY SINGLE character's sprites custom-made. :eek: More-so if they managed to get good-looking color swaps.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
oh gosh more curstade vs ffs2

we have a smaller team and more to do, and for three years there was literally no quality control

jesus

the sprites in ssf2 look absolutely gorgeous, i can't really complain about anything outside of the palette swap system

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*guilt* I apologies. There's nothing wrong with everything else in Crusade but something feels a little off on the graphics (but I have to admit the newer characters have much higher quality graphics). Once again, I'm sorry. :c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Emiya's Ichigo was very good. I only played against him one round, and he won. He learned the game pretty fast, but I heard he's a high up Smash player, so go figure. Krow took him out tho :p

This is a promotional vid I made at APEX for SSF2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maTBQ4vaKyk
Thanks for the compliment! ...even if my message is like, late beyond belief. :p

Great promotional vid!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
*guilt* I apologies. There's nothing wrong with everything else in Crusade but something feels a little off on the graphics (but I have to admit the newer characters have much higher quality graphics). Once again, I'm sorry. :c
that's probably because the newer characters were made after i started doing some quality control on animations

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Well, I said something earlier. It was this.

I am really loving the sprites of Samus Aran and the other newcomers. They are completely detailed and well made. The problem is... well... they make the sprites of the veterans look imcomplete and not as detailed, especially the manga characters.

I see that both Lloyd and Strawberry had their sprite animations reused for more than one attack. And did you take a look and Fishcake's Upper Strong Attack?

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Once the full game comes out, this will get its own forum here on smashboards, correct?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Once the full game comes out, this will get its own forum here on smashboards, correct?
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

MG already has its own massive forum and a huge ssf2 section, there's literally no point for it to have its own board here

there's a reason project: m shut down its smashmods forum when a forum was created here

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
this thread is 20 pages
project: m's was upwards of 500

we're not smashboards famous enough for a subforum

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Yall don't know about CPU Mario.

Two questions: 1) Why can't I glide with Sora? 2) Why does the E-Tank heal 13% rather than all of it?
1. Didn't make sense for his playstyle, didn't have animations for it, was just tacked on originally anyway as a poor substitute for a source-material mechanic. You might see it added back later on or in some other form, though.
2. Functionality is a bit unfinished on e-tank.

Kris Sweetser

Smash Cadet
do people evr hold tournys for this game at all? the fanbase is prob to small but i think itll be fun

Nguz95

Smash Lord
do people evr hold tournys for this game at all? the fanbase is prob to small but i think itll be fun
There has been one big tournament I can think of. M2K played in it and got pretty deep. The game is amazing though. The only problem is there are some balance issues. Sonic and Sora have too many options that are hard to punish. Sonic is more out of control than Sora though. I would love to see a tournament.

Kris Sweetser

Smash Cadet
word , itll be nice to see a tourney , i would deff attend , lets push for one if possible , im in new york so the east coast would be good for me

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
we'll be at APEX next year if you can make it to that. if there's enough demand for a tournament I can see what we can do about holding one - this year we didn't hold one because we wanted to make sure we don't conflict with the main events. but maybe we can work something out. mayyyyybe.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
we'll be at APEX next year if you can make it to that. if there's enough demand for a tournament I can see what we can do about holding one - this year we didn't hold one because we wanted to make sure we don't conflict with the main events. but maybe we can work something out. mayyyyybe.

I am going to apex 2014! I think so!

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post.

If anyone is going to Rescue 3 in Paramus, NJ, on July 27th, they can see me bring a SSF2 setup! There is no bracket atm, but there will be plenty of casuals on my stream!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Big balance patch coming this week.

Watch my scrub rusty Bomberman get detonated by CPU Puff here:

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
It's funny you guys are mentioning a tournament, because I'll be hosting one in a couple months : )
More details and a finalized date later

EDIT: about 1 minute in...Jiggles missed the rest, and you jab her? o.0

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm having entirely too much fun playing as Naruto.
I don't even like that anime.

Top Bottom