• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I mean, with 400k plays a day we have a pretty diverse audience. It just so happens that the only ones pressed enough to comment are those that think they're amazing at the game.

>_>

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Which is really weird considering that the name "M2K" alone should have warranted more competitive player comments.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Which were had, and then the news post on our website brought a second wave with a more... diverse viewpoint.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Yall still need to apply so you can give help with balance and stuff though. You're breaking my heart.

Xyless

Smash Master
I don't like the fact that Mario has his poor Brawl voice. He should have voice clips from his source games. They sound more natural for him.

I don't like the fact that all anime characters speak in Japanese, except for Kakarot. I say they all speak in either English or Japanese(preferably the former, so one could understand they the hell they are saying)!

I don't like the fact that they mix voice clips by different VA's for Sonic and Tails. Voice from only one VA should be more natural. Sonic shouldn't sound like he's voiced by Jason Griffith at one moment, then sound like Roger Craig Smith the next. Same for Tails.

Also, the SFX for the original SSB were better, especially the slashes and the audience. Melee is fine, as well.

A nip-tick.
1. Having gone through all of Naruto's English voices (in every game) trying to find replacements that would fit the game, I can tell you that he doesn't have much of a intensity change between every one of his sounds, and that just doesn't work in a game like this. Even if I agreed with you, he just doesn't work.

2. I can't say as much for Sonic, but Tails has had a record of awful voice actors. No one game had every sound needed, and practically every game he's had a different voice actor (and spoilers: most of the voices were worthless).

3. SFX in the original Smash were worse, especially the generic hit sounds. Almost all of them sound like springs or something. There's a ton more sound work in Brawl than you may think, and it's very impressive with the work they've done.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
brawl's hitsounds all sound like people chewing on saltine crackers. i'd take 64 over that any day.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Brawl may have a ton of variety, but most of it is very obnoxious. The sword and electric swing and hit sounds are incredibly grating and I hate the rubber toy feel to Pikachu, Jiggs, and other small characters (and Yoshi).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We're already planning on bringing enough converters for 4 players on each set. As of right now, we're not holding a tournament though, we don't want to conflict with the main events.

Tid

Smash Cadet
Whoever is being the TO for SSF2 at Apex should really consider investing in this for the players, so even melee and brawl players would come over and enter if they know they can use their own controllers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200798502124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just saying, I own one and it works just fine with Joy2Key, would definitely suggest it.
Do you happen to know how well it functions with XPadder? I use it over joy2key for a number of reasons.
And how does joy2key handle the gamecube's analogue input? (tap vs tilt on both the stick and triggers)

Smash Rookie
I'm here to say hello. And ask you guys about... well... music? I see you have discussed SFX already so I think you can discuss music now.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Whoever is being the TO for SSF2 at Apex should really consider investing in this for the players, so even melee and brawl players would come over and enter if they know they can use their own controllers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200798502124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just saying, I own one and it works just fine with Joy2Key, would definitely suggest it.
Does this one register the C-Stick? I have both a Classic Controller converter (the Mayflash wired one) that can't recognize the Y-Axis of the right stick and a GC converter (the Xbox/PS/GC 3 in 1) that's C-stick doesn't work at all. I'm not sure if it's just the particular converters I'm using or just an axis limitation of USB controllers in general.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
fun casual friendly stream anyone?
http://www.twitch.tv/gr_ya_dad
Right on for the publicity TSON! I had 7 viewers that night, which I thought was pretty cool considering it was my first ever livestream. Then I had another livestream tonight and was spazzing out because I had over 30 viewers! I never did anything with my channel, so just 2 days ago I had under 15 channel views. As of this post, it grew to over 500!! you guys rock!!

There will be more livestreams of SSF2 with Ya Dad against other SSF2 players. Make sure to subscribe to my twitch tv channel so you don't miss out!

Shoutout to McleodGaming for making an announcement about the livestream via the Offical Super Smash Flash 2 facebook page!

EDIT: Ya Dad's SSF2 Tournament is up!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328329

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm loving the new HUD. It's also great to see actual color swaps rather than the tints seen in Team Battle (actually, I never thought color swaps would EVER be in SSF2 due to all the work of recoloring every single frame of every character but good for you on effort ^_^ .) The shadows add a nice touch and the computers look like experienced Smashers which is awesome.

All I can say is Shut Up And Take My Computer Memory!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah definitely. We always try to have routine changes to our characters in every demo wherever needed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'll be cool to see you guys next to us at APEX! I look forward to messing around in it, sounds fun.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
You guys should do a half serious Sony Smash mode with FS meters and only super KO's.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Will I be able to use a gamecube controller to play it at APEX?

Wait TSON are you actually going to APEX

Top Bottom