• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I think you guys could maybe change Zero Suit Samus up a bit. For example, her down smash move could be replaced with her doing a suplex motion and shooting downwards behind her, and then flexing forwards and shooting in front of her or something.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yea, it happens every now and then. Same thing with Samus, sucks when trying to get Jiggs.
Oh, and Zero Suit Samus, neat!
Browser version may time out if your connection is bad. I recommend downloading the game if that's possible. Zelda's character file is bigger than most since it contains two characters in one file.

I think you guys could maybe change Zero Suit Samus up a bit. For example, her down smash move could be replaced with her doing a suplex motion and shooting downwards behind her, and then flexing forwards and shooting in front of her or something.
I feel that her down smash is staple enough where if we removed it, ZSS mains might have a large problem. It is one thing to remove staple moves for something as useful, and a whole other thing to take their bread-and-butter away. Zamus relies on down smash to set up her more interesting combos.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Browser version may time out if your connection is bad. I recommend downloading the game if that's possible. Zelda's character file is bigger than most since it contains two characters in one file.
I plan on downloading it, but have been waiting for one thing or another. The main reason why I play the browser version is it allows me to watch Youtube along with it.
And I've noticed that just refreshing the game fixes it. So it's not too alarming...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The sprite work for Zero Suit Samus is downright beautiful. You never cease to amaze me, McLeodGaming. Can't wait for APEX and the next demo. I'm betting there's gonna be more surprises than what was shown in the trailer at APEX and that gets me hyped.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The McLeodGaming staff seem to be EXTREMELY proud/excited for this 6:30 trailer. They say it won't be the best thing "in years" but the best thing "EVER!" I'm doubting it's just online and more characters as anyone can tell you that's expected. I'm incredibly curious and interested in this trailer and want to know what the hype is badly (reminder: they show it on both the stream and YouTube).

My body is re- *shot*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The McLeodGaming staff seem to be EXTREMELY proud/excited for this 6:30 trailer. They say it won't be the best thing "in years" but the best thing "EVER!" I'm doubting it's just online and more characters as anyone can tell you that's expected. I'm incredibly curious and interested in this trailer and want to know what the hype is badly (reminder: they show it on both the stream and YouTube).

My body is re- *shot*
They're having online? ...I'm interested...
In terms of the "big surprise", it could be that Adventure Mode...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Raise your Pietros is just a corruption of raise your dongers, you can basically count on the chat exploding into it whenever he's playing. Especially if he's playing Samus. It's hype.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Glad you guys liked the stream though. Did anyone actually stop by? Interested to hear some opinions/impressions.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
He's a out of the blue surprise pick, I was expect more third parties, but this was fine I guess. :p
I'm actually surprised how long it took for Flash 2 to add a Nintendo character that wasn't in an official Smash game. So I'm pleased with this addition.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Chibi-Robo? Badass!

The roster is really turning out to be great! But I must ask: How do you guys decide which characters to include? Do you include characters you just like or do you just randomly throw them in (The latter is what I would probably do:rolleyes:)?

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
So is v.9b being released anytime soon or was Apex just a preview?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So is v.9b being released anytime soon or was Apex just a preview?
They said at least a week or two to iron out the bugs. And, as BluePikmin said, to finish Marth, and also Chibi-Robo. Who, at this time, isn't finished yet...

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
It's like Cleod9 was reading my mind when they showed off Chibi-Robo yesterday; I'm definitely trying him out whenever v.9b comes out (along with the online play that you guys announced!)

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Sora was my main in 0.6, and Black Mage was my main back in 0.7, then it became Captain Falcon in 0.8, and I never really figured out who I'd consider my main in 0.9a, but I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna try out Chibi-Robo first, because I like his games and I speculated quite a few characters who could appear and he surprised me (in a good way). After that, I don't know; I may like what I see or I may go back to Falcon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://mcleodgaming.com/ Here is what yesterday's article had to say on the upcoming v0.9b demo of Super Smash Flash 2:

- Veteran characters Zero Suit Samus, Marth, & newcomer Chibi-Robo will join the game.
- Mario & Link have been resprited.
- New stages Skyward Voyage & SilpCo.
- Previous stages will get upgrades.
- New Break the Targets stage.
- Replays feature.
- Special modes confirmed.
- Stuff that wasn't streamed at APEX will go into deeper detail on a later date.
- Online announced.
- Register for online here.
- McLeodGaming reports that over 9,000 people have pre-registered for online (complete with Dragon Ball Z picture).
- Online service will be called McLeodGaming Network (MGN).
- Super Smash Flash 2 will be the first game to use MGN.
- "The infrastructure for the user system isn't entirely completed yet".
- Planned features for MGN will include "friends lists, messaging, stats-tracking, and more".
- MGN is expected to launch along side the v0.9b demo of Super Smash Flash 2.
- Next demo expected to be released in March.
- "Still a decent amount of work that has to be done" but the team is working hard on it.
- Keep up with McLeodGaming's Facebook & Twitter to stay up to date.

Awesome! I'm so excited man!

Top Bottom