• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I'm
I can understand that. You seem very persistent on defending DK, and I would counter your dash attack approach with the fact that it sounds very predictable and easy to read (Nair or Bair is probably a better approach), but Im kinda getting tired of the back and forwardness with this discussion. :tired:

I hope the tier list and matchups (maybe AI, too) are a little cleaner when the official 1.0 version of SSF2 comes out.
I'm not, It's just it's a fact that a character with so many advantages should not be the third worst in the game.

Lloyd not only has one of the worst recoveries but is also one of the lightest characters in the game. He is one of the best at offense but he's way too light to say that he's OP. He can be gimped at like 30-40% by most of the cast and dies at 80% to most strong attacks.

Sonic, Jigglypuff and Pikachu are the best characters this demo. It's undisputed by anyone in our competitive community/BR.
I never said that these characters are OP, I'm just saying there should be a change in their moveset, for example, a move should never be able to kill at 15%, also, loyld's grab range, dash attack, foward and up air should also be changed so they can have their range or maybe speed reduced, also, I still can't see how jiggly is second on the tier, sonic, I guess I can understand, pikachu is pretty good, but jiggly?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I still can't see how jiggly is second on the tier, sonic, I guess I can understand, pikachu is pretty good, but jiggly?
You need to see some jigglypuff videos. Jiggs is really hard to play at first (which is why so many noobs think its the worst character ever), but when you get the hang of its mobility and its Wall of pain combos, you'll know why it's ranked so high. I didn't understand why myself until I played against some jigg players in smash 64 and brawl.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
for example, a move should never be able to kill at 15%,
DK's fully charged punch doesn't even kill Kirby at 15%... Who are you testing on?

also, loyld's grab range, dash attack, foward and up air should also be changed so they can have their range or maybe speed reduced,
If you hit Lloyd once he will get comboed until he dies or be gimped. Yes, he has blazing offense but he is the lightest character in the game without multijumps. It's hard to get in, but when you do, you are rewarded.

also, I still can't see how jiggly is second on the tier, sonic, I guess I can understand, pikachu is pretty good, but jiggly?
Rest is amazing and WOP is as good as ever.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
You need to see some jigglypuff videos. Jiggs is really hard to play at first (which is why so many noobs think its the worst character ever), but when you get the hang of its mobility and its Wall of pain combos, you'll know why it's ranked so high. I didn't understand why myself until I played against some jigg players in smash 64 and brawl.
But jiggly's hitboxes are reduced again, she lacks a good kill move, her back air (her best attack) is outranged by a lot of other character, wall of pain work in brawl too, and jiggly still is one of the worst. Not to mention, shes the absolute lightest in the game.

DK's fully charged punch doesn't even kill Kirby at 15%... Who are you testing on?

If you hit Lloyd once he will get comboed until he dies or be gimped. Yes, he has blazing offense but he is the lightest character in the game without multijumps. It's hard to get in, but when you do, you are rewarded.

Rest is amazing and WOP is as good as ever.
rest lags like forever, and since jiggly is so small, it barley hits unless you combo into one, i have to admit WOP is pretty good. Loyld had a good projectile and can out space other characters with his move, and that qualifies for most character with a bad recovery. And DK punch can kill at 30 without DI which is as powerful as jiggly's rest.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
But jiggly's hitboxes are reduced again, she lacks a good kill move, her back air (her best attack) is outranged by a lot of other character, wall of pain work in brawl too, and jiggly still is one of the worst. Not to mention, shes the absolute lightest in the game.

rest lags like forever, and since jiggly is so small, it barley hits unless you combo into one, i have to admit WOP is pretty good. Loyld had a good projectile and can out space other characters with his move, and that qualifies for most character with a bad recovery. And DK punch can kill at 30 without DI which is as powerful as jiggly's rest.
I'm not gonna play the game for you, you'll need to fight against actual foes, not computers. Nobody that plays this game competitively thinks Jiggly is even remotely bad... I haven't even heard non-competitive players saying that. You may legitimately be the only one.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
:eek: I am legitamently surprised at how this is still going.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
N
I'm not gonna play the game for you, you'll need to fight against actual foes, not computers. Nobody that plays this game competitively thinks Jiggly is even remotely bad... I haven't even heard non-competitive players saying that. You may legitimately be the only one.
Never said jiggly is bad in melee, she's not that good in any other game. I'm not the one that kept this going, look its 4 against 1 now I want it to stop too so I'll shut up.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There we go again. ok I got a question, is there ever gonna be a online? If there is, de we need our own account? Is it gonna be like brawl online?
Well, for one.
I'm not a developer. But yes, there online.
You'll need an account. And the last one I have no idea.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
You guys should add in more taunts for characters. There was a glitch in the last demo which caused Fox to start rapidly using Shine after koing someone. You guys should include that as a new taunt as a little Easter egg!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's not a glitch, it was intentionally coded. It's multishining, something that requires some really fast fingers, but is possible for humans to do. If you wanna do it, you should practice! :p

DownB -> Jump -> DownB -> Jump
etc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know, but the NPC Fox would often do it after beating me, and for no real reason.
I also see him freak out on Bomb Factory (without hazards).
I could just stand there and he'd be air dodging everywhere and attacking nothing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today McLeodGaming has announced their Apri- er, I mean, their next playable character for Super Smash Flash 2 (a SSF1 veteran): Mr. Incredible from Disney•Pixar's "The Incredibles"
Now I kinda want him ;_;

kylexv

Smash Master
If this is an April Fools Joke, than why does he have an idle, jump, run, and attack animations?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It seems almost too good to be true, especially with his returning "one attack" moveset.
I liked ssf1 back in the day, especially when I played as him and young link. Either he will be one of the default characters, or maybe..... an expansion character.

4nace

Smash Ace
How's the online being handled? Players as hosts or dedicated servers? Does the host/server run the game and everyone else sends input or does each client run their own player object and send things like position/state/etc? Any kind of rollback code or nah?

Looks really cool and smooth too. Great work. Are you the network programmer? Pretty impressed with how polished the project looks each time I see it.

-Dan

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
@ 4nace 4nace I'm not the network programmer, our project lead handles all of the engine stuff and our development basically involves what's been modularized (is that a word?) - individual characters, stages, items, etc, and also filing bug reports for him to handle.

Online runs a proprietary backend that we've made ourselves called MGN, but it's pretty straightforward as far as connections go. There's a server to handle the handshake between users and log their interactions/handle everything before matches start, and then once matches start, the game runs a test to see if ports are open for a direct P2P connection. If they are, then the RTMFP protocol is used and we send data directly between users (which is great because it uses logic & chooses the fastest route/best host if there's more than one user involved). If P2P somehow fails then MGN's servers will be the middle-man for the players...but this should almost never happen, and isn't as buttery as a direct connection. However, we can ensure that all players at least have some form of online, even if their connection is super locked down.

We're not using rollback to keep the smoothness and integrity of gameplay intact. Smash's movement/physics we found a little too unreliable to anticipate through logic with decent accuracy, and combos/edgeguarding depends entirely too much on extact player position to have a laggy foe teleporting around.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I noticed a slight reach in some of his attacks.
Not to mention a few attacks having smaller start-up and ending lag in them.

Last edited:

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Did you guys fix grabbing behind opponent, limited button input, and some other problems? (I can't think of one right now)
Also, either add more hit stun, or faster falling speed for all the characters. up air juggling combo is too ridiculous in 0.9a

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Did you guys fix grabbing behind opponent, limited button input, and some other problems? (I can't think of one right now)
Also, either add more hit stun, or faster falling speed for all the characters. up air juggling combo is too ridiculous in 0.9a
Up air juggling happens because of the high hitstun and fallspeeds, adding more to either would make it worse. Anyway, I kinda like the way the combos flow, but some characters got smacked with a stick and set straight for v0.9b that had the more crazy uair juggles in v0.9a (Mario, looking at you).

You'll need to go into more detail for the stuff you listed up top. I can say, though, "limited button input" is something caused by your keyboard doing something called anti-ghosting. If you buy a gaming keyboard you won't have this problem.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Up air juggling happens because of the high hitstun and fallspeeds, adding more to either would make it worse. Anyway, I kinda like the way the combos flow, but some characters got smacked with a stick and set straight for v0.9b that had the more crazy uair juggles in v0.9a (Mario, looking at you).

You'll need to go into more detail for the stuff you listed up top. I can say, though, "limited button input" is something caused by your keyboard doing something called anti-ghosting. If you buy a gaming keyboard you won't have this problem.

Oh my bad lol, I mean less hitstun or more fall speed, and i think mario don't really have a good juggling game, MK and Black Mage does. Also shield grabs grab behind opponents, and i really hate how easy it is to just convert a tilt or smash into a grab, it kills the flow of the game.
Oh yeah one more thing, can you please add crouch cancel?

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Have you guys maybe made some edits to Mushroom Kingdom 3? NPCs sometimes have a lot of trouble on this stage. Maybe you guys could put another solid platform in the middle of the stage.

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
^ Last online match that is gonna be uploaded for a while, so enjoy the mess outta this one lol

Top Bottom