• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Our repository crashed while we were working on the patch and we lost all of our logs, so we only have logs for like half of the development cycle. I doubt it'll be of much use, so we elected to go vague with the changelist. If you have any questions or specific characters you wanna know about I can try and gather a list up for you from memory + what we do have if you'd like?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
SO how have Black Mage, Naruto, Mega Man, Yoshi, and Goku changed in this revision?
Small stuff.

Black Mage's down smash is quieter
Stop infinite fixed
Stop reflects projectiles

Naruto has been recolored
Rasenshuriken was sped up by a couple frames
Dash attack second hit causes less hitstun and more KB

Mega Man's dthrow had an angle/power change so that it doesn't infinite anymore but still works similarly
UpB super armor removed
SideB momentum boost is stronger
Mega Buster can fire level 2 and level 3 shots in the air now

Yoshi's just got final form stuff

Goku's upB combo was brought back
Kaioken's downB infinite was fixed

Speaking of, what should I use to record?
Fraps and Hypercam 3 are good.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This was primarily a balance patch, but we did animate Phase 8's lava and recolor Naruto for giggles.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This was primarily a balance patch, but we did animate Phase 8's lava and recolor Naruto for giggles.
I noticed the Naruto recolor but I couldn't tell if it changed or I was just going crazy. Thanks for clearing that up. :awesome:

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
And a final (somewhat optional) patch to fix Goku's spirit bomb. No other changes, should be that last patch for 0.9a. :)

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I know this question has most likely been asked to death...

But will USB Controller support ever be possible? If so, what's the current progress? If not, then I'll stick with using Joy2Key.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Demo v0.9b.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know this question has most likely been asked to death...

But will USB Controller support ever be possible? If so, what's the current progress? If not, then I'll stick with using Joy2Key.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Demo v0.9b.
I don't know for a fact but I think Adobe is to blame to for the lack of controller support, not McLeodGaming. But I agree, I'd kill for a built-in controller support too.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It'd be nice for sure, but yeah, no can do :( Flash can't touch anything USB that isn't supported at the OS level (like a mouse/keyboard)

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Sonic. Just nerf him to death and we will be fine. Love your game, i've dedicated my youtube channel to it, but please, nerf sonic. It's like project m 2.5 all over again...

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Hooray for the return of SmashBoards!

We're giving away a new white GC controller, a usb adapter, and some stickers to celebrate 10k facebook likes, check it out here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://mcleodgaming.com/

Sorry to imitate a McLeodGaming staff member but I thought this was needed to know: SSF2 v0.9b will be unveiled at APEX 2014. The event lasts from January 17th through the 19th in 2014. The next demo will include "all sorts of aesthetic upgrades, in addition to major gameplay improvements," "some additions to the character roster, and expanding some of the existing gameplay modes." As the event gets closer and closer, McLeodGaming will slowly reveal new bits of information from time to time, earliest being "next several weeks".

Can't wait! :3

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
http://mcleodgaming.com/

Sorry to imitate a McLeodGaming staff member but I thought this was needed to know: SSF2 v0.9b will be unveiled at APEX 2014. The event lasts from January 17th through the 19th in 2014. The next demo will include "all sorts of aesthetic upgrades, in addition to major gameplay improvements," "some additions to the character roster, and expanding some of the existing gameplay modes." As the event gets closer and closer, McLeodGaming will slowly reveal new bits of information from time to time, earliest being "next several weeks".

Can't wait! :3
The McleodGaming Facebook is also frequently updated with info and snapshots of the new demo being revealed at APEX 2014

Less than 3 weeks remain!

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I know you guys aren't interested in including the five original characters, but maybe for the next update you could maybe just slip them in the background of some of the stages as cameos? On Battlefield for example, Azrael or Blade could sometimes teleport in in the background, and then disappear shortly afterwards?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I know you guys aren't interested in including the five original characters, but maybe for the next update you could maybe just slip them in the background of some of the stages as cameos? On Battlefield for example, Azrael or Blade could sometimes teleport in in the background, and then disappear shortly afterwards?
We generally try to stay away from cameos in stages, they're honestly a very weak and lazy way to add a gimmick to a stage. But I think it may be best to move forward without looking back - we don't have the original creators of the sprites around anymore so I don't think it's fair to expect us to work on these creators' things without their permission or acknowledgement. Or help.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I do kinda miss those characters though. I hope the original creators use them in their own projects though.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
By the way, this game is awesome. You really did capture the Smash Bros magic with this game, so I commend you. I can't wait for expansion characters to be implemented!

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
Looks good, cant wait to try it! Does it support external controllers lake a Xbox 360 controller for PC?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks good, cant wait to try it! Does it support external controllers lake a Xbox 360 controller for PC?
Super Smash Flash 2 does not have controller support (blame Adobe for that). You'll need a program that can translate keyboard inputs into controller commands. I'd recommend either Xpadder or Joy2Key

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Super Smash Flash 2 does not have controller support (blame Adobe for that). You'll need a program that can translate keyboard inputs into controller commands. I'd recommend either Xpadder or Joy2Key
I just play with the keyboard.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, weird question, but sometimes (in the browser version) Zelda and Samus don't load up when picked (camera is in top-left corner). Or the sprites load up, but the hixboxes are missing (Cpu still acts as if I'm there, but doesn't do any damage). And when I attack (once again, when the sprites load up), there's no hitbox, and for some reason freezes a bit. Projectiles are also a bit iffy. As they do damage, but can cause problems with the characters (Such as Samus getting stuck in a infinite loop if her Down Special is timed right).

Top Bottom