• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

firo

Smash Ace
I'm still on the fence about going to this primarily because there isn't an entrants list.

Keeping the list secret is not a nice move when people need to decide whether to buy flights and take off work. I'd like to know who is officially going (not just anecdotal claims) before I commit. To me, hiding it just seems like a defense against people knowing that some big players aren't attending.

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
I'm still on the fence about going to this primarily because there isn't an entrants list.

Keeping the list secret is not a nice move when people need to decide whether to buy flights and take off work. I'd like to know who is officially going (not just anecdotal claims) before I commit. To me, hiding it just seems like a defense against people knowing that some big players aren't attending.
It's not much, but if you go to the first post of this that shears made there is a spoiler button for some players coming. Not a full list tho

Shears

Smash Master

Isai confirmed to me he is NOT going. Boom is definitely going. Unlikely and South Americans are coming. Steve just asked Japan but I doubt many of them will come. LD is definitely going. Mariguas is NOT going. Tacos I think is almost certainly going but I heard that through the grapevine. Kero is definitely going. Stranded is definitely going. Bark the Shark Sanchez is definitely going. Revan is definitely going. Clubba is definitely going. I believe Wizzrobe is going but I don't know if he will enter 64 or not. If you think you can make top 8 with the list I just mentioned and without any talent higher than boom then it might be worth your while to enter since the pot has a $5000 bonus.

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I was thinking about going but I just don't have the money right now.

And hoping I place well enough to cover my expenses (very doable thanks to 5k pot bonus) is pretty awful justification to go a tourney. Mew2King I am not.

Sedda

Smash Champion

this is also done at tournaments like evo i believe, and they don't release the names until pools are announced.
i get where they're coming from if where they're coming from is "hey guys, guess what?? isai is going to be coming to this tournament!!!!!!!," while isai may not necessarily want some third party having control of announcing where he's going to be during that weekend.

not releasing numbers as people register is dumb tho.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
This tournament feels like a major that is getting the expose of a local event. There's no hype for it, no OoC players going to it due to the short notice (boom is practically american), unsure on who's going or not, etc.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ill be selling 2 LIKE NEW OG N64 sticks inside controllers at smashcon first come first served PM me, 60$ each. currently ungreased (can grease them for you or you can grease yourself with my supply) and only tested once for 2minutes each; colors red + grey

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
Disappointing Isai won't be at another major--is it because of work again? I feel like this tournament would be profitable for once (I'm not sure on the Apex payouts, actually). Excited to see the action regardless, though.

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
Definitely true, and I didn't necessarily claim he has, I'm just pointing out the fact that it costing a decent amount of money to travel that distance is inevitable, and this increased payout would definitely cover it IF he took first, which of course is not certain.

Morin0

Smash Lord
ill be selling 2 LIKE NEW OG N64 sticks inside controllers at smashcon first come first served PM me, 60$ each. currently ungreased (can grease them for you or you can grease yourself with my supply) and only tested once for 2minutes each; colors red + grey
you're supposed to save those for the future of 3d printing

Definitely true, and I didn't necessarily claim he has, I'm just pointing out the fact that it costing a decent amount of money to travel that distance is inevitable, and this increased payout would definitely cover it IF he took first, which of course is not certain.
Isai once said that he'd go to Zenith if Mark (Chibo) paid for his trip. Soo if people make it easier for Isai to go, he'd be more willing to. Though this was before he got a job, so he'd be less willing to go now. Maybe.

Shears

Smash Master
Isai doesn't want to travel across the country and back only to play smash and 5 stock some North American noobs like kero for a couple days.

^paraphrase of what Isai told me.

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
I respect his decision, but I will say that I think Boom has improved a lot, especially with Pika. And now that it's DL only, Isai can't counterpick to Peach's and get essentially a free win. I feel like this event would be a battle for first between the two, depending on what character he chose. I suppose he could say that's only one elite player, but I dunno it would still benefit the scene a ton if he were to go, furthering the game he loves, and would make sense financially. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Shears

Smash Master
@ MrMarbles MrMarbles is wizzy going to smash con? I still think LD beats him this time around but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wizzrobe won smash con outright. I was thinking about yoshi and he might be the best character in the game.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
@ MrMarbles MrMarbles is wizzy going to smash con? I still think LD beats him this time around but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wizzrobe won smash con outright. I was thinking about yoshi and he might be the best character in the game.
i asked him and he said yes he is going so get hype guys. I think yoshi is right about where he should be on the tier list (maybe 4th at best) but Wizzy is a natural and could win if he makes adjustments against boom's pika

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
just bought my ticket, see you all there

@ Shears Shears let's say i dont get enough money to go after all, will they refund my ticket? just marginally worried about my expenses, along with housing

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I registered for Smashcon a few hours ago. I'm hyped to play some smash with everyone!

Registration goes up another $10 after the 14th, btw.

Morin0

Smash Lord
tacos is excited to go because of the possibility of making big $$$ thanks to the pot bonuses. This means he can pay off his mortgage faster.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
As of right now, I do want to go but I have not planned it out yet. I'll just have talk to my bosses at work and stuff.. ****ing 12 hr drives god damn it. Knite is my hero <3

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Isai once said that he'd go to Zenith if Mark (Chibo) paid for his trip. Soo if people make it easier for Isai to go, he'd be more willing to. Though this was before he got a job, so he'd be less willing to go now. Maybe.
From carry on:
"i've offered to fly isai to that zenith, to this kanto, and to smashcon and he says no everytim"

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Evo 2015 might have the first smash tournaments to pay out more than top 8 and that's just because of the insane number of entrants. Don't quote me on that.

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
Tell Karajalapeños that I'll gladly take him up on those offers if Isai doesn't. :reverse:
i bet he would fly you out if you asked. But he will also require something ridiculous like make you play upside down all tournament or something. haha

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
has the exact schedule for the events been released yet? im guessing 64 top 8 is on sunday but i need to know what time. I just realized my flight on sunday is at 5:40 pm which could be too early and i need to know if i should change it

Edit: there is a vague statement on the ssc website that seems to indicate that 64 finals is actually on saturday. If its saturday night then i would actually be totally ok with that

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
has the exact schedule for the events been released yet? im guessing 64 top 8 is on sunday but i need to know what time. I just realized my flight on sunday is at 5:40 pm which could be too early and i need to know if i should change it

Edit: there is a vague statement on the ssc website that seems to indicate that 64 finals is actually on saturday. If its saturday night then i would actually be totally ok with that
all of 64 bracket starts at 9am until like 2pm

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing

marbles pls

Top Bottom