• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We aren't home like we literally can't right now. I mean if I got home later I could but I don't know if I'll be home in time to do it.
It's been open for months. Not being home to do it on the last day, which was announced ages ago, is a pretty pathetic excuse.

Maliki

Smash Ace
It's been open for months. Not being home to do it on the last day, which was announced ages ago, is a pretty pathetic excuse.
Uhm not making excuses.. Was just answering shears question of what i could be doing. If stranded or I wasn't able to register it obviously be our own fault for being procrastinators.

Shears

Smash Master
146 entrants for 64. Very solid numbers considering cost and late notice. Zenith was never close to these numbers. We will begin seeding soon and will have everything out as soon as possible.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Welp, no Firo guess I'm in the market for a teammate. Also 64 is up to 152 now (there's some late additions due to people who had errors while registering).

Shears

Smash Master
If you alted or used a tag that might not clearly identify you as a player, please PM me so things can be handled appropriately. Alting is banned and if you are found to be alting you will be disqualified. Please let me know asap. Using another name is fine and you have that right, but you do not have the right to compromise seeding, the bracket, and the experience for all other entrants.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
make sure you guys actually register with your teammate. Looks like the deadline is the 24th to pick a teammate!

Studstill

Smash Ace
146 entrants for 64. Very solid numbers considering cost and pot bonus we decided to pay top 16, about 15%, since there is so much money added to this pot.
Fixed that for you.
With 146 people and 5000 dollars added, thats 6460 in the prize pool. Literally everyone could win 15 bucks for a ten dollar tournament and you could still pay top 8. Talk about good for the community.
Welp, no Firo guess I'm in the market for a teammate.
Me too. Down to wreck these noobs?

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Fixed that for you.
With 146 people and 5000 dollars added, thats 6460 in the prize pool. Literally everyone could win 15 bucks for a ten dollar tournament and you could still pay top 8. Talk about good for the community.
The pot bonus is great but it doesn't get you that many more entrants. Zenith never had more than 55 entries. ~Twice as many people who have no shot at winning even a dollar are going to this.

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
If you alted or used a tag that might not clearly identify you as a player, please PM me so things can be handled appropriately. Alting is banned and if you are found to be alting you will be disqualified. Please let me know asap. Using another name is fine and you have that right, but you do not have the right to compromise seeding, the bracket, and the experience for all other entrants.
I registered under a different name than my smashboards name but doubt it will affect seeding, does this apply to me?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
[22:48:15] <@pidgezero_one> does anyone need a hotel room for smashcon?
[22:48:27] <@pidgezero_one> i dont need mine anymore but they wont let me cancel it

can fit 4 people, 2 beds, 472.64 for Thursday through sunday nights, checkout monday

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
If anyone wants to contribute to seeding, PM me and explain why you think you would be qualified to do so. Even micro seeding of certain states, regions, etc. is helpful.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
so whats the deal with setups? should we be bringing our own? how many setups would you estimate that we will need?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Enough, like Apex.
apex was 32. Who are these setups being provided by? i remember pidge saying at apex that she basically had to unlock every character and item switch for all the setups for apex. @ Nintendude Nintendude anything you know about this?

im being skeptical cuz i dont trust outsiders to get all of this right

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so, if I miss the deadline for teammate select, does that mean I'm DQed or do I have to find someone at the venue itself?

Top Bottom