• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

The Star King

Smash Hero
'probably not going to smashcon now, since nintendude decided to put clubba/jimmyjoe on top8 commentary (no disrespect to clubba obv). i've said for weeks and conveyed to multiple people that the biggest reason i would be going is to do commentary, primarily top8. i don't mind doing friday, but i figured it was obvious i'd be on the mic on saturday as well. don't really want to drive all the way down if that isn't the case.' -cobr

Sedda

Smash Champion
Phew

For a sec there I thought star king wasn't going.

Lol jk cobr please go to smash con.

Clubba and jj sounds like a good duo

Shears

Smash Master
Firstly, it's not final the commentators. Secondly, I told cobr there was no guarantee he would be commentating top 8 and I told him this before and after he booked. The schedule tentatively has jj and clubba as top 8 commentators, we have stream all day Saturday and cobr could commentate before or even during top 8. This isn't dictatordude, he just put them on the schedule, it can change, cobr is just overreacting especially considering there was no promise he would be on for top 8.

clubba could very well be in top 8 tho
Thirdly, not if he can't beat barksanchez.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What schedule are you looking at? I've done literally nothing with commentators. That's a collaboration between the head game TOs and Wife.

Shears

Smash Master
What schedule are you looking at? I've done literally nothing with commentators. That's a collaboration between the head game TOs and Wife.
On the schedule spreadsheet it said JJ and clubba for top 16 commentators and that wasn't entered by me, so if it wasn't entered by you then I don't know who entered it. Maybe Justin. Either way, JimmyJoe is expected to commentate and no promises were made to cobr. There is a lot of stream time for 64, I'm certain cobr will get a chance to do commentary for part of it.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
As Jimmyjoe's longtime commentating partner, I fully support clubba taking my place. Looking forward to this one.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Gonna miss Greg but I would love to do commentary with both Cobr and Clubba. I'm sure there will be plenty to commentate for, and Clubba is gonna be winning a bunch of matches, so someone will have to work the mic while he's out there abusing people, and Cobr and I have a good dynamic too imo..

I'm getting really excited for this.
Gonna work on the Panel/presentation stuff tomorrow (today), then maybe I'll take off work and try to make Xanadu this week before Smashcon. Any tristate peeps wanna roll down with me??

Shears

Smash Master
Gonna miss Greg but I would love to do commentary with both Cobr and Clubba. I'm sure there will be plenty to commentate for, and Clubba is gonna be winning a bunch of matches, so someone will have to work the mic while he's out there abusing people, and Cobr and I have a good dynamic too imo..

I'm getting really excited for this.
Gonna work on the Panel/presentation stuff tomorrow (today), then maybe I'll take off work and try to make Xanadu this week before Smashcon. Any tristate peeps wanna roll down with me??
If you bring the koroshiyo with you we will have like 13 of the top 16 seeds at xanadu.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`ll sub in for any last minute team replacements, and @ Shears Shears I`m trying to get there for Xanadu.
Also, whoever made the call to have those two commentate made a great decision. For real.

Studstill

Smash Ace
No subs. But let me know your xanadu plans. We have a lot coming and need to coordinate where everyone is sleeping.
Confirmed today. Yeah, I need somewhere to crash, floor is fine. Also, I have a car and am inbound Wednesday for Xanadu if anyone needs airport transportation?

Shears

Smash Master
Confirmed today. Yeah, I need somewhere to crash, floor is fine. Also, I have a car and am inbound Wednesday for Xanadu if anyone needs airport transportation?
We've scheduled most airport transportation already as xanadu is only 2 minutes from it. I still have some space on my floor Wednesday but for ssc I don't have any space so you'll need to figure that out.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Yeah not sure what the looking for situation is but, yeah, I`m looking for a spot for the duration. Have cash, and am awesome as ****. Some people can testify to that, I think.
@ Shears Shears You`re on for Wednesday, I hit you up on FB.

Also, of course I`ll be in a lot of Top 8 matches or I`d love to get on the mic.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
HOW
IS
THIS
NOT
USING
ADVANCEDBRACKETSDOTJESUSSHEARSAREYOUSERIOUS?

ps: I have no idea how pools work. So I can`t lose twice, but how many matches is that out of? Do I play everyone in the pool?

pps: Seriously!?! Just Star King and maybe Bark to worry about? Whaaaaa. Unless "nothing" from FL is Sheer, then idk maybe 3 to sweat, tops?!?

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
EDIT: FOR SMASHCON, I forgot to mention I will be offering a service of $10 to clean the parts of an original joystick, replace worn out gears with newer kitsch bent gears, and grease it up with taylor lube. Just approach me when I'm not doing anything.

HOW
IS
THIS
NOT
USING
ADVANCEDBRACKETSDOTJESUSSHEARSAREYOUSERIOUS?

ps: I have no idea how pools work. So I can`t lose twice, but how many matches is that out of? Do I play everyone in the pool?

pps: Seriously!?! Just Star King and maybe Bark to worry about? Whaaaaa. Unless "nothing" from FL is Sheer, then idk maybe 3 to sweat, tops?!?
If you fight your way to having your name end up in either of the red squares, you make it out of pools. If you lose against another player while you're in the blue square, you're out of the tournament.

Last edited:
Top Bottom