• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

Shears

Smash Master
Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I bought my plane tickets. I'm sure I'll be helping TO in one way or another.

@YBOMBB wanna share a hotel room again? :)

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i am interested in attending but i am somewhat worried about the legitimacy of this tournament cuz registration still isnt open. it says registration opens in late april which is pretty vague. also it's the 28th right now which qualifies as late to me

Shears

Smash Master
i am interested in attending but i am somewhat worried about the legitimacy of this tournament cuz registration still isnt open. it says registration opens in late april which is pretty vague. also it's the 28th right now which qualifies as late to me
Its definitely happening. I've talked to Nintendude, Justin, and GimR. They should be opening everything up fairly soon.

Cobrevolution said:
pls write in smashcon thread that i am interested in going if i'm delegated to do top8 commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
@ Shears Shears

will karajan be there to allow us people who use 360 controllers/keyboards to play with them? ill register if the answer is yes

Shears

Smash Master
@ Shears Shears

will karajan be there to allow us people who use 360 controllers/keyboards to play with them? ill register if the answer is yes
I think he will be in Japan but there are other people with adapters that will be there. LD has one and will be there, I believe bloodpeach, pidge, and near all have adapters and are expected to attend. I'm not sure where the documentation is but you could also build your own adapter following the instructions karajan wrote.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
@ Shears Shears

Dunno about karajan but I'm bringing 2 adapters, possibly 3

I think he will be in Japan but there are other people with adapters that will be there. LD has one and will be there, I believe bloodpeach, pidge, and near all have adapters and are expected to attend. I'm not sure where the documentation is but you could also build your own adapter following the instructions karajan wrote.
http://pastebin.com/qTGZKJ52

Also near sold me his adapter.

I'm confirmed btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not expected to go to this. I nearly didn't make it to Apex. I can't afford this either. It sounds cool, though. I'd like to go. Also, Rob should be unbanned so that he doesn't have to go through other people to speak.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
just booked my ticket and hotel room

ill commentate if at any point a commentator is needed

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
pot bonus for 64 officially set at 5000$. This could make it worthwhile for some top international players

Im in favor of cobr +jimmyjoe commentary

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I personally want both cobr and clubba to commentate at some point.

I also want to hear hype commentary by the brazilians if we do a side stream.

Morin0

Smash Lord
The only stipulation I would suggest to add if Rob were to commentate would be to ban him from commentating matches involving Mario.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I probably won't be attending. For once, I got a job that is staying (I've been here since last September)

If I didn't have one, yeah, I'd go.

Last edited:

Horbie

Smash Cadet
I could be going. Depends on whether or not I can work something out with work. If I can it's p easy and cheap for me to go, so I'ma prolly go.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is this stuff about a parkour performance and a video game orchestra? Is that a joke? That's what everybody's 65 bucks is going towards? Oh boy! Sign me up

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
65 venue is pretty standard for big cons. 11 years ago when I started attending mid-size cons they were like 40 bucks

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't think the price is unreasonable but honestly are they like joking about having a parkour exhibition? Am I such a jaded hipster for thinking "who is going to want to watch that?" also I though the whole point of parkour was to like... move around freely and uninhibited? What the hell are they gonna do on a stage at a convention center? Also what does it have to do with smash?

Sedda

Smash Champion
What the hell is this stuff about a parkour performance and a video game orchestra? Is that a joke? That's what everybody's 65 bucks is going towards? Oh boy! Sign me up
It's super smash con, not Apex. I'd imagine that there are plenty of people who will attend this and not even enter any of the tournaments. 65 bucks seems really reasonable given that they haven't even announced everything they have in store, but I'm already interested in the videogame music performance thingy.

Sedda

Smash Champion
at the very least, karajan did it (or told me so) to show how stupid alting is and it should be banned

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
65 bucks seems really reasonable.
I know dude I said the same thing in my post right before you posted. Weird coincidence, huh? In fact at $5000 bucks pot bonus for every game (at least 64 and brawl I know, i imagine melee and smash 4 could be even bigger) I'd even say it's pretty amazing they managed to pull that off. I'm just saying a parkour exhibition is a weird ****ing thing. And a video game orchestra does sound pretty cool I'm not gonna lie but like, I bet Bit Brigade costs less than half as much and I bet they'd kick way more ass.

I didn't mean "is that what they money's going to?" as in "this is a rip off" just like "what a weird form of entertainment they are choosing to make this con seem like a big deal." Admittedly I've never been to a gaming convention and don't know that much about them. But I know Bit Brigade plays Magfest each year and it'd be kinda sick if they played at a convention I was going to.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
welp im signed up. Anyone interested in splitting a hotel room with me? ideally id like to stay with 3 other people

Top Bottom