• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
[22:48:15] <@pidgezero_one> does anyone need a hotel room for smashcon?
[22:48:27] <@pidgezero_one> i dont need mine anymore but they wont let me cancel it

can fit 4 people, 2 beds, 472.64 for Thursday through sunday nights, checkout monday
OMG,, if i knew this,,,, my parents would probably let me go 4 that one...

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
The tentative schedule has 64 with more than favorable time slots, in fact it could be argued that 64 has better time slots than melee. 64 is getting preferential treatment for Smash Con.
Is there a reason that 64 is getting round 2 of pools at 9 AM on saturday? This is some odd scheduling too. It seems that sm4sh and melee have a top 8 block scheduled but brawl and 64 only have a top 16 block leading to top 4. I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet, but I'm sensing some dejavu here. A very familiar feeling is creeping up on me telling me that we're going to have some disappointing news about stream time regarding 64. Almost as if this is more and more like "a melee major with side games" (Sedda, 2015).

Don't let me be correct on this.
People can't even stream the 64 on their own for the friday matches. I'm glad I didn't go to this overpriced garbage tournament. Inb4 we don't even get the 5k pot.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yeah so we weren't allowed to stream the friday pools matches which is really disappointing. However bark still recorded a bunch of matches with commentary from some of the best so there's that. After pools ended some pretty hilarious money matches ensued. I wont give anything away but LD and Studstill were featured.

here is the top 32 bracket: http://supersmashcon.challonge.com/64singles
Top 32 starts at 9am on http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

rip west coast

banze

Smash Journeyman
this tourny was awesome really !

really well TO'ed, stream was great, Clubba&Jimmy and Cobr&Jimmy was really good to watch.
Good Job you guys.
and congratz do boom of course.
but special gratz do Kero!! Dat second dude! Good S***!

That Tacos DK tho!! legit

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
this tourny was awesome really !

really well TO'ed, stream was great, Clubba&Jimmy and Cobr&Jimmy was really good to watch.
Good Job you guys.
and congratz do boom of course.
but special gratz do Kero!! Dat second dude! Good S***!

That Tacos DK tho!! legit
when is the top 32 going of ssb64 going 2 be uploaded

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
This was my first major tournament with some of the "best" players in North America. I knew they'd be good but I didn't realize just how impossible some of you guys are to play against.

For anyone else new to the scene thinking of going to some majors, everyone is really friendly and hospitable. In particular I want to thank @ Shears Shears , @ Fireblaster Fireblaster , darkhorse, bark, @ Sedda Sedda , @SuPeRbOoM for making me feel like a regular and hosting me.

Also @ S Studstill gets a bad rep, he's s good guy that is really fun to play with that is animated as hell and always keeps you guessing with his play style.

Last edited:

banze

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw, with all this structure and stream/stage time, my next international tourny is definitely going to be Smashcon next year.

Dark Horse

Smash Cadet
I will have losers bracket up tonight or tomorrow. Internet here is slow.

I'll have pools up this weekend

Doubles after that

Money matches after that

8/5 Xanadu after that

8/12 Xanadu after that

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

Doubles after that

Money matches after that

8/5 Xanadu after that

8/12 Xanadu after that
thank you for putting in all the work to get all these videos uploaded. Just watched stranded vs czar what an insane set/comeback

Shears

Smash Master
For the record, there was a 20 minute grace period before anyone got DQed. Those that were DQed either never showed up or arrived well after the 20 minute grace period and once the brackets were pushed through and future matches played, there was no way to undo any of it. It is not the responsibility of the TO, or their assistants, to find the players and make sure they are checked in. It is the responsibility of the player to check in with the TO and make sure they are available to play and know what match they are playing.

Maliki

Smash Ace
I tried to seriously commentate a handful of matches. It was my first time trying so I hope it's not too bad :)

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
I thought you did great man! I watched some of our vids together, think we both did pretty solid.

Also I may have come across as harsh on bark in his match vs caesar... Sorry man, didn't mean it

MasterOfZoroark

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterOfZoroark
3DS FC
2165-8685-8074
Just got back from this convention a few days ago and I have to say, I had a blast! I got to play a couple matches with some people for fun and practice, met some fellow Smashers, bought some cool merchandise, and partook in my first Smash tournaments ever.

I managed to place 33rd in "Brawl Singles" and 7th in "Brawl Doubles" with @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one .

So overall, I had an amazing time and I'm definitely gonna try to attend again next year!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Just got back from this convention a few days ago and I have to say, I had a blast! I got to play a couple matches with some people for fun and practice, met some fellow Smashers, bought some cool merchandise, and partook in my first Smash tournaments ever.

I managed to place 33rd in "Brawl Singles" and 7th in "Brawl Doubles" with @ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one .

So overall, I had an amazing time and I'm definitely gonna try to attend again next year!
Bro you were really good for your 1st tournament! :D

Sedda

Smash Champion

Doubles after that

Money matches after that

8/5 Xanadu after that

8/12 Xanadu after that
did my match vs maliki not get recorded?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
@Darkhorse or whoever runs the stream/recording setup, delay your webcam by a certain amount so that it matches the gameplay screen. I know that La_smash also had this issue at apex 2015 when players were already letting go of their controllers before their matches ended.

Top Bottom