• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh, boy. I've gotten Ristar and Ristar vs. Luigi and Luigi before in Team!

Idk... I like the new and old Bramble Blast layouts... At the moment, the spikes along the bottom don't hurt.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
ummmm, you usually do a good job with stage editing, but this time you kinda ruined it
I agree, cus there are just 2 platforms...how about making the bottom platform wider?......BTW you don't need to fret, just our thinking...Speaking of Bramble Blast, what series is it from???By the look of the platforms I think its a DK stage...

EDIT: Oh almost forgot, the AI is kinda irritating, It shields and taunts too much!How about editing it???

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oh almost forgot, the AI is kinda irritating, It shields and taunts too much!How about editing it???
I agree. It seems like the level 5 AI can perfect shield in a one-frame gap between hits then shield-grab you. Although i've gotten used to it by now...
oh yeah, and they can shield motion sensor bombs too. I still don't quite know how.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Turn it down to level 1. (As for the taunting, Idk what you mean. It only taunt if you're far away or it KOs you.)
I always do that,however its stupid, imagine when you have 2 level 1 CPUs far from each other :glare: Either way I don't like it... Shielding is stupid, I only air dodge when someone like
Pikachu activates his Final Smash... BTW when you'll be adding: :olimar: :sheilda: :gw: :pt: :dk2: :diddy: :bowser2: ???

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
:awesome: maybe falcon should add a monster AI level
honest :p those AI may seem hard at first but you get use to it
besides the only reason they shield a lot because they reaction to quickly to situations :p

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
SuperFlash38;11743911BTW said:
when you'll be adding: :olimar: :sheilda: :gw: :pt: :dk2: :diddy: :bowser2: ???
We'll add those characters as soon as we can, and we're getting to Olimar and DK right now. Patience is a virtue.

:awesome: maybe falcon should add a monster AI level
honest :p those AI may seem hard at first but you get use to it
besides the only reason they shield a lot because they reaction to quickly to situations :p
If you want easier AI move them down to the lower levels. The CPUs are not supposed to be easy.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Hey, I think I got translations of grades:
"S" is for "Super"
"A" is for "Awesome"
"B" is for "Brilliant"
"C" is for "Colossal"
"D" is for "Diabolical"
"E" is for "Elite(looser lol)"
Oh, Phantom, thanks on info its really exciting!!!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I just started making some Ancient Minister sprites for myself in case you guys want to add them. I've been planning to make a game called "Robotto Monogatari" (R.O.B.'s Story) that goes through the events just before Subspace Emissary, and I can make sprites to go along with my moveset if you can program him in.

Also, a stage based off that one S.E. level where you're fighting on the way to the Island of the Ancients would be pretty cool.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I just started making some Ancient Minister sprites for myself in case you guys want to add them. I've been planning to make a game called "Robotto Monogatart" (R.O.B.'s Story) that goes through the events just before Subspace Emissary, and I can make sprites to go along with my moveset if you can program him in.

Also, a stage based off that one S.E. level where you're fighting on the way to the Island of the Ancients would be pretty cool.
Oooh, sounds awesome! Idk about putting him in this game, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea at all?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oooh, sounds awesome! Idk about putting him in this game, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea at all?
well, like I said, i'll do the spriting if you do the coding. I'd really love to see him in Crusade.

EDIT: Standing/base sprites are done.

tell me if they need to be bigger or something like that. These are about the same height as the R.O.B. sprites I posted earlier, so they might need to be expanded so he's taller than R.O.B., but that can probably wait till i'm done with the whole moveset.

jab-combo is done. basically he jabs with one kunai, jabs with the other, then spins around to jab a third time with the first kunai. There's also sprites for if he ends the combo after any of the strikes.
next up is walking, jumping, and recovery move.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
well, like I said, i'll do the spriting if you do the coding. I'd really love to see him in Crusade.

EDIT: Standing/base sprites are done.

tell me if they need to be bigger or something like that. These are about the same height as the R.O.B. sprites I posted earlier, so they might need to be expanded so he's taller than R.O.B., but that can probably wait till i'm done with the whole moveset.

jab-combo is done. basically he jabs with one kunai, jabs with the other, then spins around to jab a third time with the first kunai. There's also sprites for if he ends the combo after any of the strikes.
next up is walking, jumping, and recovery move.
Looks pretty good! However, is he not a little bit skinny? And by the way, that jab sounds awesome.

I like the sprites, they are nice.Can't wait to see him!Anyway, will you be adding Sora, from Kingdom Hearts?
The chances of that happening are pretty slim... We already have most of the roster planned out.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Sora???' Dont know, if falcon include them in the game the ssf 2 devs will come and they will start to flaming us because we stole her idea XD !!!!!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Looks pretty good! However, is he not a little bit skinny? And by the way, that jab sounds awesome.
I had three pictures of the ancient minister trophy from different angles as reference when making the base sprites, so he's actually the right dimensions as far as I can tell. He matched up pretty well to a blank I had when I made the sprite enormous.

Here's the running and jab combo sprites:

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Actually, we should keep the old one and put the new one in a stage that I'm working on.

Thanks for the inspiration. :3

Your welcome..? o_O

Falcon:

I thought the spikes hit you, so I tried to make it a little more playable with spikes. But if you fall through them. It makes sense, and is fine. Good thing the new stage layout helped werekill for an idea too.

And I like the Minister better than ROB.. I thought ROB's moveset was eh.. While the Ancient Ministers seems more fun.. and its technically still ROB so..

dettadeus

Smash Lord
And I like the Minister better than ROB.. I thought ROB's moveset was eh.. While the Ancient Ministers seems more fun.. and its technically still ROB so..
i'd personally like the ancient minister over R.O.B. if it's one or the other also, and i guess it would be kinda confusing to have both since some of the Ancient Minister's attacks in my moveset use R.O.B. units (his forward smash with a sentry, forward special with a launcher, and final smash with normal ones).
even though R.O.B. is my #1 in Brawl.

i think the next group of sprites will just be the whole sheet, so don't expect previews for a while.
Although I'll put a preview up when I finish the final smash.

EDIT: Final smash is done!

Basically, the Ancient Minister hops on his hover-pad-thing as four R.O.B.s appear, two behind the subspace bomb and one running in either direction away from it. As two R.O.B.s activate the bomb, the other two run to the end of the stage in an attempt to grab an opponent and the minister floats up on his hover-pad. around a second after the bomb is opened it explodes, rapidly expanding, then slowly expanding to its maximum dimensions, catching anyone within range in the blast. The explosion sucks people in (reverse knockback?) towards the epicenter and the R.O.B.s, if they caught people, throw/drag them into the explosion.

now i'm gonna go finish the rest. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
dettadeus, I think that too much spawning appears on Ancient Ministers FS.How about this : AM (Ancient Minister) flies up high (like when Fox does his FS), and then, he appears from the side of the stage with his hover-thingy and SB (Subspace Bomb)hanging below, just dropping it on the same place where he activated his SF, and just passes by.The rest is OK but there is much more sprites to be done... By spawning I mean the platform just appears there with no special effects, the same is with SB...

BTW, I think this my longest post. LOL :D

dettadeus

Smash Lord
dettadeus, I think that too much spawning appears on Ancient Ministers FS.How about this : AM (Ancient Minister) flies up high (like when Fox does his FS), and then, he appears from the side of the stage with his hover-thingy and SB (Subspace Bomb)hanging below, just dropping it on the same place where he activated his SF, and just passes by.The rest is OK but there is much more sprites to be done... By spawning I mean the platform just appears there with no special effects, the same is with SB...

BTW, I think this my longest post. LOL :D
well, i'm trying to be accurate, while making it usable. his final smash is based off of a cutscene where mario and pit are trying to break the robs activating a bomb and two other robs grab them and pull them away (although they apparently get out).
A subspace bomb DOES require two R.O.B. units to activate, so the minimum is two.

also, if i used your idea, it would give people way too much time to get out of the way, since the minister can't move that fast on his hover-pad in the first place. it would practically be useless.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
well, i'm trying to be accurate, while making it usable. his final smash is based off of a cutscene where mario and pit are trying to break the robs activating a bomb and two other robs grab them and pull them away (although they apparently get out).
A subspace bomb DOES require two R.O.B. units to activate, so the minimum is two.

also, if i used your idea, it would give people way too much time to get out of the way, since the minister can't move that fast on his hover-pad in the first place. it would practically be useless.
Agreed. I like the way it is, since it is close to the cutscene.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Try to save the sprites into PNG, because in JPG, they don't look as good.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Try to save the sprites into PNG, because in JPG, they don't look as good.
they're in 24-color bitmap, cause I haven't had troubles spriting in it. PNG screws the colors over every once in a while, especially since i'm doing it in MS Paint.
I think it's just photobucket or the forum something. they look better from my own computer. I'll probably post the final spritesheet on my own site then use it from there.

EDIT: oh, wait, i think photobucket made it into a jpeg. No wonder... huh. the file on my computer is a BMP...

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet

Did I said anything about R.O.B.s??? Well I think I didn't, I said: "The rest is OK but there is much more sprites to be done..."I did NOT said anything about R.O.B.s . Anyway I was just thinking...Oh,never mind...

EDIT: Maybe I didn't play the game, but I know every cutscene, and I though you could mix two cutscenes, Anyway I don't want to mix in this spriting, like water (or milk XD) in cakes!!!!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Did I said anything about R.O.B.s??? Well I think I didn't, I said: "The rest is OK but there is much more sprites to be done..."I did NOT said anything about R.O.B.s . Anyway I was just thinking...Oh,never mind...

EDIT: Maybe I didn't play the game, but I know every cutscene, and I though you could mix two cutscenes, Anyway I don't want to mix in this spriting, like water (or milk XD) in cakes!!!!
oh. I thought you meant he drops the bomb in and it explodes on its own. ^^;
nonetheless...
yeah, there are a lot more sprites to be made... I've done MAYBE three or four more moves since i put the final smash up. I'm thinking of putting his b-air and d-air up when I finish, since I came up with something hilarious if he's on his hover-pad when he does it: he fires his hover-pad as a PROJECTILE in the direction of the attack, and it gets crushed and breaks when it hits. I mean, he couldn't just fire off his booster with the thing attached.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
yo, say word, it's so quiet, you can hear a pin drop over the internet
"word"

yeah, haven't had much time lately... I had to study for two "finals" that were today.

here's what I've got so far. I haven't managed to work on it since tuesday though:

here's a frame by frame of what the f-smash (and to an extent, the f-special) looks like:

hopefully i'll be finished before 0.7 comes out :p

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
"word"

yeah, haven't had much time lately... I had to study for two "finals" that were today.

here's what I've got so far. I haven't managed to work on it since tuesday though:

here's a frame by frame of what the f-smash (and to an extent, the f-special) looks like:

hopefully i'll be finished before 0.7 comes out :p
Thats coming along very nicely!!!

(this is TheOriginalSmasher btw)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I like the work so far, but don't you think you use hover pad for specials and other, too often???
it's only gonna be four moves, the up-special, up-special + down aerial, up-special + back aerial and final smash. The kunai, however, are going to be used a lot. Since he can't really use his hands.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Who knows? Well all I can say for now is Namek will be a stage, and Lucas will be in. You will also get to try your shot at the Bonus Stages.

Top Bottom