• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Phantom. While the sprites are nice, the background just needs some tinkering and Wamo

You gotsa hot plate of fourside spaghetti.... Or something.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
That Fourside looks really good, but its really off proportion compared to the real one in Melee, I recommend making it a real stage, but re-making it or editing it to look more like the real one.

Not to mention the live-action background, but I'm sure you were already gonna do something about that.

Looks good, as well as all your other stages, nice job.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Resolution Change? I like the Idea. But wouldnt it take some time?

But if it means I can play without BIG BLACK BARS on the sides, I'm all for it.

And Phantom, I think Falcon will talk to you and DMX about 3 new stages eventually.

Hopefully you like them.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
But if it means I can play without BIG BLACK BARS on the sides, I'm all for it.

And Phantom, I think Falcon will talk to you and DMX about 3 new stages eventually.

Hopefully you like them.
He means making the stages higher-res, not changing the resolution of the game. It's already 960x720!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Here the Organized Mod post :D

Here is the new topic (more organized :D)

Final Destination Mod

[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/ydgP1imBH88[/flash]

Download Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZS0LQ6K

Mute City Mod: Fighting Polygon Team

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D64Q0UM

Battlefield at Night

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKTL6EWQ

Yoshi island as Rice Beach

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZY4UJ6DD

Ganplank Galleon as Green Hill Zone

Download Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0W8W54Z

Central highway as GoodEgg Galaxy

Download Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=280KRMFT

Royal Chapel as Cutman Stage

Sorry Richter, you cant play now XD

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZNQVCGZT

Fourside over Peach Castle

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XWJOMD2I

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Awesome mods man! :awesome: Right now I'm downloading Final Destination, that one in Crusade is....ugly.... no offense just my thinking. BTW The game is great and I cant wait for next demo with Saki and :lucario: !!!!! (too bad he won't have Aura Storm as his Final Smash!)
Keep up the good work!

Oh, I want to help by promoting the game on youtube, via some matches,BTW I don't always win, and I think that is what audience wants. The only problem though, is : I don't know which program to use to record matches. I also want to make that " Match 1 Toad VS. ZSS VS. Ristar " for example. Not only that, I will leave comments on popular SSBB vids to take some views and to promote of course! You Phantom7 help me, I help you.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I use CamStudio to do the recording on my computer. You might want to play around with the codec settings to get the best quality. And thanks! But hopefully you'll like Lucario's new Final Smash?

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
I use CamStudio to do the recording on my computer. You might want to play around with the codec settings to get the best quality. And thanks! But hopefully you'll like Lucario's new Final Smash?
Yeah, yeah I saw it all right, and I must say there are too much those "trapping final smashes":( I mean: Waluigi, Ristar, Goku, Saki, (saw his too) Evil Ryu, Link, Young Link, and a few of them... Hmmmm how about.............I know Inner Focus! he will be immune to hits, and he wont flinch, and his attacks would be stronger.And to show when it lasts, when not, he will be wrapped in aura (like in SSF2 when you get a smash ball)! what do you think please tell me!And be honest with me. To not delay work, you can do it for next demo!

I will post a video with Stock, Time and Stamina modes
so you can tell me which is the best!

Run to a problem it wont record audio,and it lags. Can you give me configurations so it runs smoothly and with sound, if possible?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i found another "glitch" with krystal :p
when a computer tries to use their final smash while they're trapped from krystal's down special, the camera focuses on them, then after they escape, it stays centered on the cpu until they use their final smash again, even if they die or another character uses their final smash.
although I think this has only happened with knuckles. i don't think other computers manage to use their final smash in between two of krystal's down specials. i'll try to get a video of it soon.

EDIT: I also found out (with krystal's down special) that there isn't a damage cap. I got knuckles to around 1200% before I decided to kill him with a final smash. the knockback gets REALLY screwed up the higher the percent is, since the stun time is based off the opponent's damage. eventually the immense amount of hit-stun prevents the CPU from dying. Krystal's final smash can kill someone at around 10% if all four blades hit dead on at the same time, but at 1200% knuckles didn't budge for a good 3 seconds, then he moved half-way across the screen before he stopped again for 3 seconds, then he died. I have a video if it'll help with anything.

EDIT AGAIN: video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kCx1UrElhQ

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I saw the video, i loled, i gonna try something like that with ZSS

PD: Download My mods XDDD
i'm pretty sure ZSS's stun gun has a set hit stun. krystal's is based off of damage. although you could rack up a pretty big amount of damage with ZSS's.

oh, and just in case you guys want to take my suggestion into account (adding the Ancient Minister), I came up with a moveset:

n-jab: thrust with kunai

f-tilt: long swipe with kunai
u-tilt: upwards slash with kunai
d-tilt: downward thrust with kunai

f-smash: a R.O.B. appears and tackles forward
d-smash: spins around with kunai lowered
u-smash: cross-slash with kunai

n-aerial: does a 360 with kunai extended in front of him.
f-aerial: swipe with kunai
b-aerial: same as R.O.B.'s
u-aerial: throws three kunai upwards in fast succession; become falling projectiles if they don't hit
d-aerial: same as R.O.B.'s

n-special: laser (same properties as R.O.B.'s, maybe an extra level of charge)
f-special: R.O.B. Launcher appears, fires a rocket.
d-special: brooch on cloak acts like a reflector shield (only forward, similar to pit's mirror shield)
u-special: hovering platform appears below him, similar properties to R.O.B.'s u-special.

final smash: four R.O.B.s and a subspace bomb appear, two R.O.B.s will attempt to grab 1-2 opponents and hold them while the other two activate the subspace bomb. ancient minister hops on his hovering platform and gets out of the way. the explosion will be about the size of jigglypuff's puff-up, and will suck the R.O.B.s (and any opponents they have) into the explosion. explosion functions like a smart bomb with reversed knockback.

tell me if i'm missing anything and i'll add it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Just to update you all on what is going on: Captain Falcon is currently under development at the moment, close to completion, and we have added a Donkey Kong stage (it's a surprise :)), and we're also revamping Mute City by adding a paralax middle-ground that includes a track where F-Zero pilots will be racing! Also, a few stages (that are necessary) are getting high-res backgrounds.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Too bad I simply can't get CamStudio to work properly......... D:
The worst of all, I have no programming experience..... Is there any other way I can help????

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
It still wont record audio, and it still LAGS! Sound can pass, but lags!
The lagging is the biggest problem.... :(

BTW whats the deal with Mewtwo? I mean, saw him only once when using random, why he can't be chosen by roster???????

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Well, I know what glitch I'm going to fix tonight! (referring to stun gun glitch)
you mean the damage cap or the knockback thing? (please don't make krystal's stun gun be set hitstun ^~^ i like it set with damage ^^; )
unless you're talking about the yoshi one, in which case that's perfectly fine. Although I actually managed to build a strategy around it.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
SuperFlash, I used camstudio and it gave me the same problems, so I asked for help. I was told "use these settings" and "use those settings" and nothing worked for me, so I decided to find another on-screen recorder. BSR Recorder "It Works" that is my slogan

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
unless you're talking about the yoshi one, in which case that's perfectly fine. Although I actually managed to build a strategy around it.
Speaking of Yoshi, I found a big glitch, he sometimes falls trough platforms, and stage bases.
Its pretty irritating, so I never play with him... Too bad, I like him!:c
Falcon88 make sure Mewtwo can be chosen by roster, I played with every character, but him! I really want to check him out!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Speaking of Yoshi, I found a big glitch, he sometimes falls trough platforms, and stage bases.
Its pretty irritating, so I never play with him... Too bad, I like him!:c
Falcon88 make sure Mewtwo can be chosen by roster, I played with every character, but him! I really want to check him out!
I already asked about mewtwo, Falcon88 said that there was some conflict over the sprites or something...
"1. Mewtwo was left in the game by mistake. We were supposed to remove him due to a sprite permissions problem, but forgot about the random selection." is what he said when I asked.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
I already asked about mewtwo, Falcon88 said that there was some conflict over the sprites or something...
"1. Mewtwo was left in the game by mistake. We were supposed to remove him due to a sprite permissions problem, but forgot about the random selection." is what he said when I asked.
Oh I see, didn't spotted that..... Anyway, what about Yoshi, does anyone else, have the problem?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i... think I found another glitch. with fox this time, don't worry.
I used fox illusion, or whatever his side-special is, and the computer perfect-shielded it (no surprise there). I then proceeded to illusion myself straight off the stage. in one shot.
this has happened with luigi and mach rider so far, so i'm pretty sure it's not character specific like yoshi's was.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
i... think I found another glitch. with fox this time, don't worry.
I used fox illusion, or whatever his side-special is, and the computer perfect-shielded it (no surprise there). I then proceeded to illusion myself straight off the stage. in one shot.
this has happened with luigi and mach rider so far, so i'm pretty sure it's not character specific like yoshi's was.
Argh. I think I know how to fix it.

As for the stun glitch, moves that stun, when used on a stunned opponent, remove the stun. How's that sound?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Argh. I think I know how to fix it.

As for the stun glitch, moves that stun, when used on a stunned opponent, remove the stun. How's that sound?
if you already fixed it, that's fine. my idea was to make the hit stun not pile onto itself, so it would remove the stun already there then replace it with the new amount based on the new damage.
although just removing it is probably easier in coding terms... I haven't used gamemaker in a while (and never hand-coded it) so I'm not sure.

sorry if i'm just piling on more work for you with all the glitches I'm finding. i guess i'm just good at finding random glitches here and there :p

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Great job so far, seems like this game is by far the best out of any Smash clone I've played. Much better then the flash ones imo.

Top Bottom