• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Dont know, falcon says the next demo gonna feature A intro, for secure, but he didnt say nothing more, so lets do a epic video to make falcon head explode xDDDDDD

i was thinking, how about start with a quiet song and then go for everything xD??? Dont know, maybe we can use touhou remix

i like this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVqsUxjw6ds

but of course, we can use others xDDD

dettadeus

Smash Lord
that's an awesome song, but it's a bit long for an intro. The brawl intro is only 2 minutes.
Actually, I could probably write some lyrics in latin...

actually actually, cutting that song off at 2:18 would be perfect.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
did you read my mind O-o, i think that too xD

EDIT: i can do a little edition with audacity and ad the epic piano part that comes after, and delete the 2.00 to 3.00 part, what do you think?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
well, I'll see what I can do with it. get some clips recorded. I'll record some too. I might need better software than camstudio, though...
but now i'm going to bed. it's past midnight on the island of the ancients.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
you know what time is here xD? 4:23 AM xDDDDDDDDDDD

before you go to sleep, wait 40 s xD

EDIT: ok, go direct from 1:13 to 3:01, it matchs perfects :D

EDIT: Morfeo beat me at last, thought fight, good night (morning ?=) xD

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
It's now 4:22 AM (EST) and I am just now waking up. XD That intro idea is great guys. If the SSBC team allows you guys to make it your selves, it would turn out great. -.- wonder why I never thought of that myself.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
They haven't released the whole roster yet. It's apparently a big secret. We just know that it's going to be around 80 characters.
Oh ok, well I already been playing the most recent demo. already unlocked 2 stages. Is there any unlockable characters at all in the demo?

And I just found a perfect sprite for Duck Hunt Dog with at least 100 physical motions and reactions. Both Dog and the Duck. The problem is that I dont know how to make the animation work. I viewed some videos, but seems too technical for me. If you know anyone or if anyone reading this interested in doing the animation for me, I would appreciate it. I can send in the sprite and the moveset list. Or if your interested yourself if you want to work on it, just let me know :)

By the way, good work on the Minister sprite

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oh ok, well I already been playing the most recent demo. already unlocked 2 stages. Is there any unlockable characters at all in the demo?

And I just found a perfect sprite for Duck Hunt Dog with at least 100 physical motions and reactions. Both Dog and the Duck. The problem is that I dont know how to make the animation work. I viewed some videos, but seems too technical for me. If you know anyone or if anyone reading this interested in doing the animation for me, I would appreciate it. I can send in the sprite and the moveset list. Or if your interested yourself if you want to work on it, just let me know :)

By the way, good work on the Minister sprite
there aren't unlockable characters yet, but there's a total of four unlockable stages.

If the sprites are frame by frame, I'm sure that's fine. That's how mine are.
However, if you want to make the animations, you can download Game Maker Lite and make the animations as sprites. But that's probably more complicated and less useful to the mods.

I would wait until one of the mods comments on the idea before you go any further. You don't want to have half the spritesheet done only to find out that they can't fit him in.

EDIT: Just realized something. How are we supposed to make an intro video without all the characters available? Even brawl and melee showed all the characters in the intro. Should we make a new one for each-wait... better idea. Start with cutting off at 2:18, then adding an extra length of the song for each demo to fit new characters in, and eventually having the whole song for v1.0.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
there aren't unlockable characters yet, but there's a total of four unlockable stages.

If the sprites are frame by frame, I'm sure that's fine. That's how mine are.
However, if you want to make the animations, you can download Game Maker Lite and make the animations as sprites. But that's probably more complicated and less useful to the mods.

I would wait until one of the mods comments on the idea before you go any further. You don't want to have half the spritesheet done only to find out that they can't fit him in.

EDIT: Just realized something. How are we supposed to make an intro video without all the characters available? Even brawl and melee showed all the characters in the intro. Should we make a new one for each-wait... better idea. Start with cutting off at 2:18, then adding an extra length of the song for each demo to fit new characters in, and eventually having the whole song for v1.0.
Nah, in *2:30* minutes we are not gonna show everything, i think showing at least 20 characters is fine.

Gonna cut the song an then upload it xD

EDIT: MAYBE 3 minutes xD

EDIT 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRQNP6SE

This si the best i could get :( maybe someone can fix the 1:35 issue (it has a little jump )

dettadeus

Smash Lord
hm... i'll see if I can cut it. That's a pretty big jump.
EDIT: done. Probably took more steps than I needed to, but oh well. It cuts off at about the right place without jumps. Now I just need the clips.

Is there a way to turn the combo counter off?

EDIT: By cutting off the mugshots and the combo counter, I made it widescreen :p Interesting fix.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I fighted the song for an whole hour but i couldn match the rhytim and couldnt fit the jump Dx

gonna re download crusade to record on the original stages xP

EDIT: Dettadeus, add me to msn, so we can talk better about the intro xD

felipe_10montero@hotmail.com

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I fighted the song for an whole hour but i couldn match the rhytim and couldnt fit the jump Dx

gonna re download crusade to record on the original stages xP

EDIT: Dettadeus, add me to msn, so we can talk better about the intro xD

felipe_10montero@hotmail.com
done and done.
I just found out that Lucario can technically trap more than one opponent with Close Combat. I was fighting jigglypuff and pikachu. I hit jigglypuff with the first two strikes, then Pikachu walked in and took the third hit, so I started murdering him, but Jigglypuff got caught in the smaller strikes and I killed them both with the final aura blast. too bad I wasn't recording :p

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Making an intro is a delicate task, tohuo music is a bad choice because is overused. here is my suggestion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMw04e_nwII

there are more great music in his channel
don't know much about touhou music anyway, but the song you're suggesting doesn't have a good point to cut off. It's a great piece, it's impressive for a MIDI program, and it looks like it's supposed to have lyrics (the japanese that appears and dissapears at the bottom), but what it doesn't have is a point at which we can cut it. A 4:20 intro wouldn't be as hard to make as it would be hard to sit and watch...
wow... that guy has a lot of vocaloid stuff on his channel.

Maybe a video game medley would work. Anyone know a good one?

Btw, happy new year. 1/1/11

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Sooo, what about unlockable characters?Wiill (get it? Wii ll?)you add a few in the next demo?
Oh BTW, what do you think of my new profile picture :?: I made it all by myself.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I did some reading a couple of pages back... Geez, where are the moderators?

Anywho, just for a small update, Master Hand is almost finished being developed in Crusade now. We'll have to start on Crazy Hand soon!

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
why should you get compliments on your Pic, I didn't get any for mine and I drew that celebi

EDIT: :laugh: im just joking, Good job man
Well you know, this is just a montage :bee:, just took two pics, and voila!
Photoshop magic! Oh, your Celebi is magnificent, cus, I would NEVER draw somthin' like THAT!I keli it!

Ke_LI
Li_KE

Get it?

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
I found a few bugs/glitches too: on example:
1.Noticed how when loading the stage it blinks, showing the stage for a moment.It isn't problematic at all, but spoils the element of surprise when choosing random.
2.Blue Falcon Punch, if have enough damage, can punch you trough everything, even the spikes on Bramble Blast.
I found a few more but can't remember...

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I did some reading a couple of pages back... Geez, where are the moderators?

Anywho, just for a small update, Master Hand is almost finished being developed in Crusade now. We'll have to start on Crazy Hand soon!
Hey, I was wondering if you can take a look at my ideas of having Duck Hunt Dog playable in Crusade. I did a moveset for him (except Special attacks & Final Smash) .The moveset is on page 181.

Here is the video for Duck Hunt Dog's special attacks, final smash, stage, stage music, taunt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIhxjCCHXj0

I even found a Duck Hunt Dog sprite that can come useful if your interested
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...9nZCw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Here it is!The Olimar mugshot:

MORE OLIMAR STUFF COMIN' SOON...
Oh, I have an idea for an character:
STICKMAN!No I'm not kidding, and cus stickmans are easy peasy to sprite, I think i can do it!Seriously, I even have an idea for a FS!
Hey, have you ever though of adding Marvel Cards as items?The name surely says what they should do....

EDIT: Guys, a little help would be appreciated: I have NO idea for standard special........
EDIT,AGAIN: OK. I admit I can't do i first I must learn how to sprite using that fancy GraphicsGale thing but I found some small but nice sprites of stickman:

Lionman

Smash Champion
Hey i have an idea for a character

KAMEN RIDER OOO!

What? this isnt a videogame character? i dont care! Kamen Rider is popular in Japan and kids love them!

Here is the sprite sheet i stole (Y) "the maker said you can use them"

lol

Obviously he can crusade cancel every move

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Eh, I guess since I sorta indirectly started the trend, I might as well point it in the right direction...
http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/f1-ssbc-general-character-discussion
The "official" character discussion forum. You can start your own thread (like I just did for the minister) or I'm sure there's a suggestion thread there somewhere that I was too lazy to find.

@SuperFlash38's stickman idea: I think that's so non-nintendo that it would be in the negative if there was a measuring device, but it's interesting. Although there's already 5000 stick-figure-based fighting games out there, so it probably won't happen.

Obviously he can crusade cancel every move
lol.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
lol, bad idea, a stickman XD?????? What did you smoke XDDDDDD
Nothin' my friend, wanna hear the specials? Well here you are:

Standard Special: Currently unknown

Side Special: Pick-axe roll: he would throw an pick-axe low, hitting the floor,so it wolud roll, can multi-hit.One hit would do 2%. The distance would be like an platform on Battlefield.After throwing it, Stickman would run for it to pick it up.

Up Special: Yo-yo: Similar effects with Olimar's Pikmin Chain. Just it won't be dependent on anything. An connection with an opponent would do 14%

Down Special: Explode: The Stickman would explode at the near range causing 18%.

Final Smash: Yo-yo Ray: He would use his yo-yo to create an ray a bit bigger than Samus' Zero Laser. Similar effects too.

If you wanna know what I'm talkin' about, Find the "game" 20 seconds to die (Its actually a video contest.), and watch these: Yo-yo, Mining and Exploders, and then you will know what I'm blabbing.

Uh what do you think about the idea of Marvel cards???????

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
eh

I seem to be not as good at this one as I was in 5...lol

I can't powershield for S**t on this game. and I can't uptilt either...but I use Up for jump also so thats probably why.

I can't figure out a good keyboard set up either.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I can't powershield for S**t on this game. and I can't uptilt either...but I use Up for jump also so thats probably why.

I can't figure out a good keyboard set up either.
I almost never shield, I just do short-hopped air dodges most of the time, or just take it like a man (when I'm Lucario).
I found a pretty good keyboard layout (I have up as jump also):
Special: w
Grab: a
Smash: s
Standard: d
Shield: space
Taunt: Shift
Up/Jump: Up arrow
Down: Down Arrow
Left: Left Arrow
right: right arrow
start: enter

To do an u-tilt you have to press up and the standard attack at almost the same time. It's difficult, but very possible. Also, if you continue to hold it after you land from a jump, you won't jump again and you can do u-tilts. Figured it out while playing as fox (his u-tilt is great for comboing).

Also, DrMarioX just gave me the thumbs up on the minister! :D I should probably get back to work on him...

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
I use SSF2 style. Either I'm playing crusade, or SSF2 I would never mix the controls....
So, how is the progress on Minister going???????...???

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wow...that setup is beast dettadeus...ima mess around with it a Little bit...might switch smash and special around but I love the setup

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So, how is the progress on Minister going???????...???
http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/t522-the-ancient-minister#22162
My thread on the other forum. This'll be where I post updates first (i'll put larger updates here too). I already put up what I have at the moment, and it's probably a better place to discuss it, since the entire thread is for him.

wow...that setup is beast dettadeus...ima mess around with it a Little bit...might switch smash and special around but I love the setup
Thanks! I don't know, it just felt natural to me the first time I tried it. Although now I use a joypad configured to those keys.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
l Stick: Up down left right
r stick: Melee Stick (Up smash, Down smash, left smash)
Square: B
X: A
Triangle: Jump
r1: grab
r2: Shield
l2: Smashing
l1: Taunt

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Eh, gaiz.
Wow, this thread keeps going dead silent... doesn't anyone have anything to talk about or did we all just move to the other forum?

Anyways, I updated the minister's thread with an annotated version of the moveset. If anyone's interested in that kind of thing. I probably won't be able to work on the sprites for a while, got a really busy week and a half coming up.

Top Bottom