• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Here it is!The Olimar mugshot:

MORE OLIMAR STUFF COMIN' SOON...
Oh, I have an idea for an character:
STICKMAN!No I'm not kidding, and cus stickmans are easy peasy to sprite, I think i can do it!Seriously, I even have an idea for a FS!
Hey, have you ever though of adding Marvel Cards as items?The name surely says what they should do....
1. The mugshots are handled by Phantom, I believe.
I think he'll base it off the old styled one.
2. Yeah...fan characters...no...
3. Marvel Cards?
As much as I like marvel, I think that would be considered 4th party. :/
Lol. In the SSBC spam thread I made a "joke" thread for a dojo of "my smash".
Stickman was there.
lol, bad idea, a stickman XD?????? What did you smoke XDDDDDD
...smoke....:c
What? this isnt a videogame character? i dont care! Kamen Rider is popular in Japan and kids love them!
...I think that counts as 4th party then. Or 5th. Or 6th.
I like that song. I like it a lot.
But just being strictly Fire Emblem? Hm...
AND DID ANYBODY HEAR GOOEY GOT ANNOUNCED???

dettadeus

Smash Lord
If you pay attention, lots of things start to make sense.

There was an issue over the sprites for Mewtwo, so they took him off the select screen. His code is still in the game though, and you can get him in random selections if you're lucky. They said the code is still in so it'll be less work when they swap the sprites out for new ones.

Adam got scrapped, and in his place as a starter is Ridley. someone else from metroid is apparently taking the unlockable spot Ridley left open.

Any other questions?

EDIT: On the intro, we could do a song from Advent Children. Something like J-E-N-O-V-A, Battle in the Forgotten City, one of the Tatakau Monotachi or one of the Divinities. Those are pretty epic, and they're around the same length.

EDIT AGAIN: DBlock14, do you have an account on the other forum? Jus' wonderin'.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Sorry, but I couldn't help noticing your trouble on deciding a main theme. Might I suggest something a little less serious?

It has plenty of usable loop points, and is really fun and upbeat; like a Smash game!
...it says the video isn't up anymore.

Anyways, I made a topic for discussion of the intro on the other forum. It's gotten pretty busy.
http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/t547-intro-animation-anyone

Update so far: We're thinking of making our own song, and we're having the wonderful vocaloid Megurine Luka do the lyrics for us. That's about all we've decided so far...

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Wha ._.
Weird. Anyway, please no Vocaloid for a Smash game. It just doesn't fit, especially not Luka.

As for the video that's not working: Just look up "Kaesh*te Knee Socks Off Vocal". *=i. It won't let me put an "i" there ._.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Dude, that's a karaoke of the lucky star intro. :glare:
wait, no, but it's still a lucky star song. As great as that song is, I'm pretty sure we're definitely not using a lucky star song.
1st off, it's soft rock/pop, and that wouldn't fit a fighting game.
2nd, i mean, come on. It's a lucky star song. Using a song from an anime about the daily lives of four highschool girls and their friends for a fighting game intro wouldn't make any sense.
3rd, the song isn't as great without the lyrics, and the lyrics totally make that song.

We pretty much already sort of decided to do a remix of the three smash bros themes ("we" being Night's Owl and I). And trust me, I can make Luka work.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Robots singing is totally better. And Luka does have a purpose. To be the awesomest vocaloid ever. And to be the only vocaloid able to sing in japanese and english.
Now, if we were arguing about dondake fanfare, then I would say that beats out Luka, but there's really no way that'd be the intro song.

Have you ever heard any of Luka's songs? Her voice is great.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman

There was an issue over the sprites for Mewtwo, so they took him off the select screen. His code is still in the game though, and you can get him in random selections if you're lucky. They said the code is still in so it'll be less work when they swap the sprites out for new ones.

Adam got scrapped, and in his place as a starter is Ridley. someone else from metroid is apparently taking the unlockable spot Ridley left open.

Any other questions?

EDIT: On the intro, we could do a song from Advent Children. Something like J-E-N-O-V-A, Battle in the Forgotten City, one of the Tatakau Monotachi or one of the Divinities. Those are pretty epic, and they're around the same length.

EDIT AGAIN: DBlock14, do you have an account on the other forum? Jus' wonderin'.

Im still new here, so Im still trying to find my way around here and to catch up on whats going on and contribute ideas. But thanks for the info.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Looks better before to me. You took out the snazzy water, and made everything into cubes. This isnt polygon wars.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Im still new here, so Im still trying to find my way around here and to catch up on whats going on and contribute ideas. But thanks for the info.
I know how you feel, sorry if I came off as mean or anything ^^;
I asked about mewtwo when I joined too. There really are too many pages to go over before posting for the first time; it's kinda overwhelming, huh?

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel, sorry if I came off as mean or anything ^^;
I asked about mewtwo when I joined too. There really are too many pages to go over before posting for the first time; it's kinda overwhelming, huh?
oh no im not taking it to no offense at all ^_^

yea i see how each day these pages get more difficult to keep up with

i took the advice on getting the attention of Falcon88 & Phantom7 by sending private messages about my ideas on Duck Hunt Dog playable, especially since I found a sprite sheet online. But I still havent heard from them since I send it. is there anywhere here I can post up a thread to discuss my idea with other users?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
i took the advice on getting the attention of Falcon88 & Phantom7 by sending private messages about my ideas on Duck Hunt Dog playable, especially since I found a sprite sheet online. But I still havent heard from them since I send it. is there anywhere here I can post up a thread to discuss my idea with other users?
Not here, but on the other forum you can make a thread for discussion.
http://ssbc.motionsforum.com/f1-ssbc-general-character-discussion

The devs seem like they haven't been very active on the forums lately, which is probably why you haven't heard back yet.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman

Any other questions?

if you mean the dojo then yes

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman

dettadeus

Smash Lord
if you mean the dojo then yes
the motionsforum one.

EDIT: An update on some other goings on, for those not watching the other forum intently:
There's a new forum, and we're now moving the official forum to the new one at: http://ssbcforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Also, DrMarioX appears to be leaving the team for one reason or another. TT^TT

Also also, all heck is breaking loose all over the place. Except here apparently.

EDIT AGAIN: yeah, guess this thread might be done. Looks like we're officially moving to the new forum. See you all there.

~Dettadeus out.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Sorry about all the confusion on the forums... I am kinda staying out of it for now.

There's a glitch with 0.6 I wanted to address. ZSamus doesn't have a portrait. But, that's been addressed. It's because the file isn't in the download. You can use this one if you like:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ehpk4jd7f3k67fu
Just download and paste into the menu\portrait folder.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Phantom. I'm having a problem here. For some reason, nothing in the game will display at all. After the game finishes loading, the screen turns black and then flashes, signifying I'm at the title screen. I hit enter, and it flashes again. Still black. I'll get descriptive text signifying what each mode does, but I don't get anything else at all. And if I click on a game mode, The hands all appear but the CSS is all in one big line. It's unplayable right now.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hey, Phantom. I'm having a problem here. For some reason, nothing in the game will display at all. After the game finishes loading, the screen turns black and then flashes, signifying I'm at the title screen. I hit enter, and it flashes again. Still black. I'll get descriptive text signifying what each mode does, but I don't get anything else at all. And if I click on a game mode, The hands all appear but the CSS is all in one big line. It's unplayable right now.
Go Explore the game's "menu" folder. Now open the folder in there called "overlay". If you can't view the files in that folder, your download may have been broken, and you'll simply have to try again. Otherwise, I'd say try running the game as an Administrator.

Top Bottom