• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

I found it funny because you are saying Crusade is bad bacause You played it on a MAC and you say is full of glitches. Is obvius that you are gonna get glitches if you dont it play on the system that was supposed to be played XP

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah i won XDDDDDDD Well lets start from the last non spam post

If that were real, I do anything to get the money for that game. (not literally, I'd keep it reasonable)

To increase the Capcom roster, why don't you add Yun or Zangief, OMG i swear, Zangief would become my new main and pikachu wouldn't even be mentioned. I'm gonna find me some Zangief sprites
I would like to see Chunli/M bison on crusade

Wiggy

Smash Rookie
im super duper from mcleodgaming I made that... clash helped me... and I actually prove it

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for bringing it again.
You may think Crusade is a crap of a game and love SSF2. That's your opinion and nobody should force you to think otherwise. But these two statements don't make much sense.
I would also like to know who stole ClashX's stage. There is a whole discusion on McLeod Gaming going on right now.
So, you have a whole discussion about a fan who has posted a sprite in a thread or I got something wrong?
To be honest, I like the idea of having 80 characters, but it would just limit game modes and other things. Super Smash Flash 2 keeps the characters at such an ammount, so modes, and loading speed don't have to suffer.
How would modes suffer from the character number? If you're talking about Break the target levels, devs can do those for every single character if they wanted to. But why force them?

Not to mention place in search engine should not be rated.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Filipe (sry if misspelled) Everyone is entitle to an opinion, you can't tell them it's wrong to like something better than what you think is better. You shouldn't have started an argument about this in the first place.

EDIT: I like both SSF2 and SSBC equally. SSF2 is fast paced, loads a lot faster and isn't harsh on PC size wise. SSBC, on the other hand has, has had a lot more effort put into it. has way more characters, and better graphics.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
YEah, bu he hasnt tested the game to say crusade is bad (he tested it on a MAC, and he says the game is bad because is glytchy .-.)

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
OK now this was more fighting about which game is better, and you BluePsychic are supposed to get ban points, cause of trolling (maybe) and spamming.Oh when those two games meet the winner is: NOBODY both games are great, but Crusade has bigger roster, more modes, and more stages.But SSF2 has better physics, well though FS, and specials (Crusade has good ones too).But here are the minuses: SSF2:too slow, compared to Crusade,little number of chars, and that"and the winner is". Crusade: Not much work done on time mode, few glitches on stages....BUT this is no reason to fight about games.END OF STORY!!!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
OK now this was more fighting about which game is better, and you BluePsychic are supposed to get ban points, cause of trolling (maybe) and spamming.Oh when those two games meet the winner is: NOBODY both games are great, but Crusade has bigger roster, more modes, and more stages.But SSF2 has better physics, well though FS, and specials (Crusade has good ones too).But here are the minuses: SSF2:too slow, compared to Crusade,little number of chars, and that"and the winner is". Crusade: Not much work done on time mode, few glitches on stages....BUT this is no reason to fight about games.END OF STORY!!!
LOL, Crusade has better physics.

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
Super flash, read my review a couple posts back, I have a/an XP (its weird, X is a consistent, but it's pronounced as a vowel) it's old, but it runs fast for it's age, but it has it's limits so in order to crusade, I have to close everything I'm running and set it's priority level to realtime for it to works at 60/60 FPS bu't no sound.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
SSF2 is tossing crusading to be gived when waited to garbage so compare it up.

sorry, i couldn't resist.

D

Deleted member

GOD YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP! I know that I started it, but still Stop. This is a forum to discuss SSBC, NOT SSF2 vs. SSBC. You can have your own opinion, but this is getting out of hand. A mod should realy step in. Nuf said. I will willingly take the blame for all of this.
Crusade: More characters, good physics
SSF2: More modes in the final version, quick at loading, less memory take up.

D

Deleted member

Mix up that sentince in any way you can! It could be a contest for the funniest one!
Tossing is Crusade waiting compare SSF2 garbaged to it up

dettadeus

Smash Lord
"WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!"
"'Mix up the sentence' meme"
couldn't resist saying that.

on the topic of the last couple pages, I tried SSF2, it runs a bit slowly on my machine, which is odd since I have a 4 month old computer with a great graphics card and 4 gigs of ram. It's not bad, but I noticed what appeared to be a glitch while playing as Ichigo. It's impressive by flash standards, and in comparison, crusade is impressive by gamemaker standards. As far as I can tell, SSF2 is limited by the fact that you need internet connection, and crusade is limited by file size and load speed. On a slightly different note (pun about to be intended), the music/audio seems to take an excessive amount of time to load in SSF2, and in Crusade, the music is customizable.
argument wise, the above statement does not exist. I don't intend on restarting an argument, I'm just stating my opinion on the discussion that has been going on the last two or so pages. As in... don't reply to this because of the above statement. read the rest of this post and reply to that if you feel like replying to it.

But yeah, getting us all back on topic......

in case people forgot, there's a combo king contest on the other forum. I've got a couple of combos there too (and an awesome recording of VLC hating AVI files).
And on the minister's front...
I did a couple more moves yesterday and today (back air with and without the hover pad and the f-tilt), but so far December has been probably the busiest month of this schoolyear for me, and I screwed over my phone yesterday (managed to fix it about an hour ago), and I have a bajillion other things I have to finish before the 31st. But I DID officially get permission to use the R.O.B. sprites in my Ancient Minister spritesheet, so that's good news.

Lionman

Smash Champion
I am no critic, but this is my honest opinion about this game.
Why Crusade? Why not look up synonyms for the word "Brawl" and "Melee"
Also, it loads wicked slowly, and it freezes everytime you use a cirtain move on a cirtain stage.
ex: Kaioken Goku on Chemical Plant Zone.
All the stages are the same: One big platform, one to three smaller ones.
You let people veiw the games coding.
If you want your game to be more popular, you should get the word out. Super Smash Flash 2 comes up if you type "Super Smash" and it is the first option. You have to type out "Super Smash Bros Crusade to even get the game to show up on the search bar.
I would also like to know who stole ClashX's stage. There is a whole discusion on McLeod Gaming going on right now.

To be honest, I like the idea of having 80 characters, but it would just limit game modes and other things. Super Smash Flash 2 keeps the characters at such an ammount, so modes, and loading speed don't have to suffer.

I MUCH prefer Super Smash Flash 2.
Improve your sprites , and you can compete.
ex: Goku, Mega Man, Mario, Luigi ect.
I deleted this game afetr an hour of playing, and I spent my entire summer playing SSF2, and I am still playing it.

This Concludes the BluePsychic Review
I played the 3 official smash games in a competive scene, i tried Flash 2 and Crusade and i find Crusade much better.

I have no lag issues, i can edit my stages, my music, and my sprites and the physics are good.

Remember this game is a Beta, there are bugs and glitches like every beta game

D

Deleted member

"WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!"
"'Mix up the sentence' meme"
couldn't resist saying that.

on the topic of the last couple pages, I tried SSF2, it runs a bit slowly on my machine, which is odd since I have a 4 month old computer with a great graphics card and 4 gigs of ram. It's not bad, but I noticed what appeared to be a glitch while playing as Ichigo. It's impressive by flash standards, and in comparison, crusade is impressive by gamemaker standards. As far as I can tell, SSF2 is limited by the fact that you need internet connection, and crusade is limited by file size and load speed. On a slightly different note (pun about to be intended), the music/audio seems to take an excessive amount of time to load in SSF2, and in Crusade, the music is customizable.
argument wise, the above statement does not exist. I don't intend on restarting an argument, I'm just stating my opinion on the discussion that has been going on the last two or so pages. As in... don't reply to this because of the above statement. read the rest of this post and reply to that if you feel like replying to it.
The above review is realy good. Just think of this: Some people prefer Knuckles, some prefer Shadow. None of them is better. One can be more popular, but you can have your own opinion. BTW, BOTH can be downloaded, and the characters that don't make it into the roster can, and may return as Expansion Characters. http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion_Characters

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
We are gonna have expansion too, and stage maker xD

31 Flash 2 0.7 is coming out, wanna try Saturn valley, its a really good sprite (But ness physics, ugh, i saw them on a video and the double jump its little weird, more than ness double jump on crusade)

Talking about Crusade, gonna make a Intro video (Yeah, falcon confirmed it, next demo gonna feature an intro video)

EDIT: Funny, crusade ness DJ act as Brawl one but dont look as it xD Flash 2 DJ ness looks like brawl but dont act as it XD

D

Deleted member

Yea! Intro! Flash 2 needs one. The only problem I have with ness, is that he is TALLER then Mario. In every smash game, it is exacly the opposite.

SuperFlash38

Smash Cadet
Boy there is so much I missed...
Anyway, here is my mix:
Tossing is waiting to compare, Crusade SSF2 it up.
Sorry, I had to insert that ",", the sentence wouldn't have any sense...

dettadeus

Smash Lord
The above review is realy good. [...] BTW, BOTH can be downloaded, and the characters that don't make it into the roster can, and may return as Expansion Characters. http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion_Characters
thanks for the clarification on the download front, but it doesn't seem as though you read the entire second paragraph of my post... anyways...

Why don't we just start a separate thread if you guys are so intent on "explaining" the differences? I don't think the mods will be happy coming back to four pages of "Crusade vs SSF2: THE EXPLANATION".

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
You know just specials don't make a moveset.So you better think of some regulars and smashes too.BTW the ideas are pretty good, especially the FS.Honestly, I would NEVER think of that... :)
EDIT: Oh, I edited the icon.To be honest I just found it in the Menu folder it's that smash logo for the menu. I feel better with it.

Thanks, and I agree that there is more to it than just the special attacks, but that was just for starters. No problem here is some ideas if your interested. More details for the Duck Hut Dog, except special attacks & final smash since I already gave my ideas on that.

Character Name: Duck Hunt Dog
Game Series: Duck Hunt
Emblem/Symbol: Duck

Stats
Size: 2.5/5 (between Fox & Mario height)
Speed: 4/5 (good speed due to size and dogs are fast to react)
Strength: 3/5 (average strength due to size)
Weight: 3.5/5 (decent weight)
Recovery: 4/5 (Up B and Down B gives him a recovery chance)
Gravity: 3/5 (he falls to an average speed)

Abilities
Wall Jumps: No
Wall Grabs: No
Glide: No
Crawl: Yes, he would crouch, be on all four feets and sniff the ground as he crawls, like Wario's Crawl.
Teather Recovery: No

Control
Stand: Stands on 2 legs, with arms pumping up and down on his side as if he is angered. Think of Wario's stance.
Walk: He tip toes forward on 2 legs as if he is trying to sneak up like a hunter with arms spread to keep balance.
Run: He runs on all 4 legs.
Dash: He dashes on all 4 legs with tongue sticking out. Fox speed.

Jumps
Jump 1: uses back legs to jump up as arms expand a bit
Jump 2: uses back legs for more height in mid-air with paws in the air for a bit more reach.

A attacks
A: Slaps with left paw. (2% damage)
AA: slaps with left paw a 2nd time (2% damage)
AAA: slap upward (uppercut) with right paw (3% damage)
Side Tilt: Headbutt Jab: quickly jabbing his foe with a forward headbutt (4% damage)
Down Tilt: Paw Sweep: crouches down and swings his paw in front of him, like DK down tilt. (4% damage)
Up Tilt: Paw Swipes: He leaps up a very short distance and swipes his left paw, then right paw upward. quick 2 combo attack. (3% damage per hit)

Air Attacks
Neutral Air: Spins in a cartwheel in place, think of Mario's taunt. good air 4 hit combo (2% damage per combo hit)
Forward Air: 2 Paw Smack: does a meteor smash by smacking both paws (open hand) forward. Think of DK's Forward Air, but faster and without the spinning. (9% damage)
Back Air: Donkey Kick: kicks back with both hind legs like a donkey (7% damage)
Down Air: Mid-Air Stomps: another mid-air combo, stomps downward repeatialy, left foot then right foot, and same way again. 4 hit combo as his foe goes down with him. (2% damage per hit)
Up Air: Dog Back Flip : he does a back flip the same way a real dog would, with a quick leap and paws suspended in front of his chest. picture how a real dog does a backflip. simple backflip (6% damage)

Grab
How He Grabs: he clutches his paws on his foes chest like a real dog.
Grab Strikes: he jaw locks on the foes face with a few crunches as he growls. he may drool also. (2% damage per crunch)
Grab Forward: he thrust his forehead forward performing a headbutt, sending his foes flying forward (8% damage)
Grab Backward: does a monkey flip by keeping a hold of his foe and falls back, then kicking them back behind him (8% damage)
Grab Upward: throws them above his head and slaps them with his paw sending them up higher (7% damage)
Grab Downward: jaw locks his foe, pins them down, and shakes his head left and right as he still has them on jaw lock while growling. Think of how a real dog plays with his chew toy. (7% damage)

Smash Attacks
Side Smash: Duck Smack: he cops his arm behind his back and slaps you with a duck as he holds the duck by its neck. feathers fly out and duck quacks also when it makes contact. (15% damage when fully charged)
Up Smash: Ferocious Bite: he crouches as he looks up. lets out a big bark, jumps in the air, and takes a big bite upward. 2 hit combo also. (13% damage when fully charged)
Down Smash: Tail Chase: stands on his 4 legs, turns head around to look at tail with an angered face, and rapidly chases it (spinning fast) in place. 5 hit combo attack. Works like Pikachus Down Smash, without the lightning ofcourse. (3% damage per combo hit when fully charged, equals to 15% damage)

Dash Attack: Roll Over: leaps and he rolls on his side forward 3 times with a 3 hit combo. (3% damage per combo hit equals to 9% damage)
Ledge Attack: Front Dropkick: he leaps forward and does a front dropkick with both legs.

OTHERS
Entrance: a patch of tall grass appears and he jumps out the grass and barks.
Up Taunt: pulls out 2 ducks by their necks and looks at the screen with a smile (same taunt he does from his game after you shoot 2 ducks)
Side Taunt: looks left and right as he sniffs (as if he spotted something)
Down Taunt: his infamous laugh (paw on mouth with a grin, chucks and giggles while his ears flop around)
Victory Taunt 1: dances around in circles while holding 2 ducks
Victory Taunt 2: sniffs the ground and leaps off the side screen as he barks
Victory Taunt 3: a patch of tall grass is present, he pops out and laughs, and goes back into the grass.
Losing Taunt: while most characters just clap for the winner, not Duck Hunt Dog. he will instead have gun powder on his face and be on crutches with a cast on his leg and a mean look. a classic image from VS Duck Hunt game.

these are some ideas I have in mind. What you think?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
[large, in-depth moveset and stats for Duck hunt Dog]

these are some ideas I have in mind. What you think?
It looks like a great moveset, but, like I'm doing right now, you'll probably have to make the sprites yourself if you want a chance of getting him in. And then you'd have to get the attention of the mods, like Falcon88 or Phantom7, and then get them to agree.
It sounds like a good idea, but speaking from experience, the spriting can take a LONG time (and I use pretty much the exact same base image for half the sprites).
The mods sound like they have pretty much the entire roster planned out, with a small amount of room for change (like taking Adam out and replacing him with someone we don't know about yet).

But first things first, the sprites. That should be on the top of your list now that the moveset's done.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
It looks like a great moveset, but, like I'm doing right now, you'll probably have to make the sprites yourself if you want a chance of getting him in. And then you'd have to get the attention of the mods, like Falcon88 or Phantom7, and then get them to agree.
It sounds like a good idea, but speaking from experience, the spriting can take a LONG time (and I use pretty much the exact same base image for half the sprites).
The mods sound like they have pretty much the entire roster planned out, with a small amount of room for change (like taking Adam out and replacing him with someone we don't know about yet).

But first things first, the sprites. That should be on the top of your list now that the moveset's done.

Thanks for the tip. Yea, I dont know how to make a sprite. This is my 1st attempt on getting someone playable. Maybe I can find a youtube video to show me. But hopefully I can find a way to learn how to make 1 or find someone who could do it for me. And defiantly will put in a word to the 2 mods and see what they think. By the way, is there any chance I can see who they have listed for their big roster, Im sorry Im new here and just made the account.

Ok, so I already picked a character, came up with his stage and entire moveset, and now I have to make a sprite before I can show it to the mods. Hopefully I can find out how to make the sprite

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Talking about Crusade, gonna make a Intro video (Yeah, falcon confirmed it, next demo gonna feature an intro video)
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this.
Felipe, are you making the video, or is it just that there's going to be one? I have some insane video editing skills (got some AMVs on my channel if you don't believe me) and want to help if I can.
And for that matter, where/when exactly did falcon88 confirm the inclusion of an intro video?

EDIT: decided to strike down my "not going to post more previews" statement from earlier, since I know that there's at least 4 people interested in my progress. I'll put a preview up every time I finish a large number of sprites since the last preview, like 3 or 4 moves.
So this time I have quite a bit since my last preview: The "hurt" sprite, charging sprite, down air with and without the hover pad, and all three tilts.

Next one will probably be with the rest of the smashes and aerials.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
ehm no, i am making clips only, yeah, you can sure make a good amv (maybe i could send you clips and then you made the intro x B)

what are you gonna use, sony vegas pro???

Top Bottom