• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

okiyama

Smash Ace
how are you going to make it with Game Maker, not to be harsh or anything but my experience tells me that trying to make a game with Game Maker will be difficult.

Edit: Maybe I could help I have a program called FunEditor that is better, but it would still be hard to do. I also have a C# programs, and I've taken some classes in C++ and C#.
Game Maker uses GML(game maker language) which is EXTEMELY easy to learn because it is made specifically for making games. It all just makes sense. I can do basic stuff with it after one night of reading the manual and having it be my first programming expirience ever.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Yes, I have started on the game, and I can already make screenshots. I've just now started on the actual game but I've been working on ideas for characters, sprites, and everything like that.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
You don't even have the GM7 Pro edition?

I've been a GM user since '04, and am very apt with it. I've strolled around the Game Maker community occasionally for years.

This experience tells me that Smash Bros GM games NEVER work. I'll be surprised if you get 10 characters.

I'm not saying this to down you, I'm just saying it has NEVER been done, and someone (especially someone who doesn't even have a Pro version) will not do it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The game has Petey Pirhana but not Geno? Are you mad?
well, I did say to expect big franchises (Such as Mario) to grow even bigger. But this doesn't neccessarily mean Geno is a character. He's kind of old and only been in one game I can think of. I'm trying to add some new characters, too, and heavyweights, there's still not enough of them.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You don't even have the GM7 Pro edition?

I've been a GM user since '04, and am very apt with it. I've strolled around the Game Maker community occasionally for years.

This experience tells me that Smash Bros GM games NEVER work. I'll be surprised if you get 10 characters.

I'm not saying this to down you, I'm just saying it has NEVER been done, and someone (especially someone who doesn't even have a Pro version) will not do it.
I might buy the Pro edition, and yes, I can make this happen. I'm a GM user, and I've been planning the whole thing and GM seems to be working.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Are you making the sprites or having someone else make them for you? Or are you just looking for pre-made sprites? Some of the characters you have already are hard to find adequate sprite sheets for.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wishful thinking but it won't happen, you're going to have to hunt down companies for licenses for each character and some are going to be stingy with it.

Or you could go the bootleg route and get sued in the process, either way it won't happen.

antimatter

Smash Lord
well, I guess we do have lucky guesses sometimes...
HELLO!

despite the odds of this succeeding are nearly infinity to one, i support this fully. and i just want to point out about geno, he's been wanted since melee, he cameoed in mario and luigi: superstar saga, which means square enix is willing to give him out, but you'd have to have alphadream involved. also, he was as high on the brawl poll as King DeDeDe.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
This is obviously going to go nowhere, the OP will avoid all questions regarding this project, and then it will go down in the fan game graveyard along with Ocarina of Time 2D.

This is never going to become a reality, and despite the OP's claims, one man simply cannot create what he is saying he will.

This is a waste of your time and ours.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While it seems really cool, it just doesn't seem possible. But, hey, if you think you can do it and want to do it, they I think that is awesome and say go for it. I would suggest getting a team together. I tried doing my own games and I didn't get half-way through before I got bored.

I also checked your youtube account and it's just one video showing a picture of Pete Piranha not in the game. If you have these screen shots as you say and want to prove your credibility, make a video of an actually movie or at least a slideshow.

One last thing. I would say if this is seriously what you want to do, spring for a professional website or at least a free website.

Lukar82394

Smash Rookie
I doubt you'll finish the game, but even so, good luck.

YAY FOR KRYSTAL BEING A CHARACTER. *Punches Falco goodbye*

Wait a sec... Isaac's not in the game...?

... *Begins ranting*

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Dude, are those shots for real? At first I figured this was another high school kid who took a Summer graphic design class and figured he could 'OMG texture hax' Brawl.

Now seeing that you want to do a sprite game - well that's not impossible at all. Mugen games can be created by chimps. Most are sadly, hence mugen's somewhat poor reputation in the hardcore community, but hey, for every hundred failures there's a KoF Zillion.

Anyway... now it's not so much doubting that you'll follow through on this "project" - it's just that your game looks really awful. Seriously, find a spriter or something. Resized GBA game graphics look horrible. BGs shouldn't be static images. You need a GUI. And that title screen is an MS Paint nightmare.

Given the level of your work there, I'm gonna go ahead and say that you're around 10. That's an estimate, not an insult - you're about where I was at 9 or so. Kiddo, wait until you're older. Making video games is a hobby for bigger kids and grown-ups, and even then, it's not an easy thing, ok?

Guys - don't feed his dreams, because if he works his butt of on this pile and then releases it, he's gonna get ridiculed. That's not cool.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
Hey Challenger, to be making a game plus involving many characters and making it work; he's gotta be older than 10. Sure the game might not look great, but if it plays well that might make it be worth something. Give it time.

milind4

Smash Apprentice
i thought that this might be possible based on your screenshots, but when you said 'plays like brawl' i lost hope. if that's what you're trying to do, i'm sorry, but you don't have a chance. brawl used a lot of advanced physics and the havoc engine which i really do not think can be implemented into game maker 7 lite.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
No... in the creator community the caliber of what is shown in the shots would put him at about age ten. I'm almost willing to stake money on it. And if he's older than ten and that's all he's got going... then he's really, really wasting his time.

They have a few guys over at DCvM who are around 15 and running circles around this kid, and they're not prodigious - they just know what they're doing because they've had a few years experience.

Moreover, I honestly don't believe that there's an actual engine behind what's shown - I think those are mock-up shots. I'm telling you guys - he's a young kid, and you shouldn't get his hopes up.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looking at the screenshots, you should gets some spriters. Just develope your idea and tell them it. if itr's good enough, and you can put in enough effort, then they'll probably be happy to help. The sprites and images you have now are awful.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
There are no shortcuts to programming. If you use an easy tool, it makes the easy parts easy, but doesn't really make the harder parts any easier. In fact, I have found that the hard parts get harder, because there is no access to the lower level code.

I appreciate your effort and ambition, but this plan is a pipe-dream at best.

Crawl, walk, then run.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
stuff like this never works out...

every time I try to start a game I get into it for a little bit, it starts looking cool and then... I lose interest.
I must have the attention span of a monkey

Top Bottom