• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Break

Smash Apprentice
So much fail. Also, why the hell is there a Porygon coming out of CF's hand? Honestly, do you folks think he can produce a functioning game if he can't even make Falcon Punch look right? The naivety present on these forums is ridiculous.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
So much fail. Also, why the hell is there a Porygon coming out of CF's hand? Honestly, do you folks think he can produce a functioning game if he can't even make Falcon Punch look right? The naivety present on these forums is ridiculous.
It looks a whole lot better than Super Smash Flash, right? And I guess you've never played Super Smash Bros. because Falcon Puch causes flames in the shape of a falcon to come out of his hand.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

This is a battle between Mega Man, Krystal, Knuckles, and Petey Piranha at Hyrule Field. This is actually what the game looks like. Now, does this really look as bad as some of you think it looks?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
No... in the creator community the caliber of what is shown in the shots would put him at about age ten. I'm almost willing to stake money on it. And if he's older than ten and that's all he's got going... then he's really, really wasting his time.

They have a few guys over at DCvM who are around 15 and running circles around this kid, and they're not prodigious - they just know what they're doing because they've had a few years experience.

Moreover, I honestly don't believe that there's an actual engine behind what's shown - I think those are mock-up shots. I'm telling you guys - he's a young kid, and you shouldn't get his hopes up.
Actually I'm not a young kid. I'm 14!!! Look, how can a 10 year old make a SUPER SMASH BROS game with GM? And also I AM buying Pro edition. And I have 2 brothers who both have experience with GM along with me. But I WILL say that the screenshots are put together with sprites I've already put in the game, and rooms and backgrounds already in the game.

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
Dixie Kong fights?? No. No Dixie Kong, and I haven't even announced all the characters yet.
You haven't announced all characters but you still disconfirmed her. And what do you mean she can't fight? She can do lots of stuff!

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Why do you care that Dixie Kong isn't going to be in? This game will never go anywhere...

Dabble

Smash Cadet
Think of me as the voice of truth.

I am going to make what I am about to say as kind and level headed as possible; it is in your best interest to listen to me.

Do NOT continue this path of self esteem suicide. What are you trying to prove by making this game? What EXACTLY is it? You are walking into a 400 man ambush all armed with semi automatic rifles, and all you have is a 9mm. You just don't get it do you? You will never succeed. Even if you made the game, the only thing you succeeded in was completion of a broken game.

The fact that you are taking such a huge task ALONE is PROOF that the only thing you seek is self-recognition. You don't CARE about making this game, you just want to be RECOGNIZED.

Why do this to yourself? Why? What is there to prove to a bunch of people who do not want this? You are 14 years old, and no matter if you had the assistance of Miyamoto, Sakurai, or whomever, you couldn't pull this off.

You lack:

-The skill
-The knowledge
-The gear
-The common sense
-The fanbase
-assistance

but most of all, you lack common sense.

Listen to me. I will assure you that if you bow out of this now, we will not ridicule you. We will understand, and we might even respect you for having the dream and attempting to make it happen, despite your attempts looking filthy. The big thing here is that, you will no longer be on that path of self-destruction, and you will be free from the eye of social scorn.

If you complete this game...you will have wasted so much time in your life...because the game will NOT be good...no matter how much time you pour into it.

So stop dammit. STOP DESTROYING YOURSELF!

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Actually I'm not a young kid. I'm 14!!! Look, how can a 10 year old make a SUPER SMASH BROS game with GM? And also I AM buying Pro edition. And I have 2 brothers who both have experience with GM along with me. But I WILL say that the screenshots are put together with sprites I've already put in the game, and rooms and backgrounds already in the game.
I'm 13 and all my 14 year-old friends wouldn't be able to succeed....

Alos, to those calling K.K. Slider, K.K. Rider...well...it's Slider!

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Think of me as the voice of truth.

I am going to make what I am about to say as kind and level headed as possible; it is in your best interest to listen to me.

Do NOT continue this path of self esteem suicide. What are you trying to prove by making this game? What EXACTLY is it? You are walking into a 400 man ambush all armed with semi automatic rifles, and all you have is a 9mm. You just don't get it do you? You will never succeed. Even if you made the game, the only thing you succeeded in was completion of a broken game.

The fact that you are taking such a huge task ALONE is PROOF that the only thing you seek is self-recognition. You don't CARE about making this game, you just want to be RECOGNIZED.

Why do this to yourself? Why? What is there to prove to a bunch of people who do not want this? You are 14 years old, and no matter if you had the assistance of Miyamoto, Sakurai, or whomever, you couldn't pull this off.

You lack:

-The skill
-The knowledge
-The gear
-The common sense
-The fanbase
-assistance

but most of all, you lack common sense.

Listen to me. I will assure you that if you bow out of this now, we will not ridicule you. We will understand, and we might even respect you for having the dream and attempting to make it happen, despite your attempts looking filthy. The big thing here is that, you will no longer be on that path of self-destruction, and you will be free from the eye of social scorn.

If you complete this game...you will have wasted so much time in your life...because the game will NOT be good...no matter how much time you pour into it.

So stop dammit. STOP DESTROYING YOURSELF!
seriously this is a GIGANTIC project for a 14 year old and... MS paint? Seriously?

At the current point you will need to get some more skill and better equip to make this game (and common sense as said above) so I would advise, that if you REALLY want to do this, build up some practice, take a few classes, learn brawl's metagame. only then will you be able to make a good game that you may actually be able to profit off of.

I'm guessing your making this game because you were dissapointed in Brawl, we were all man. MAking this game will eat alot of your life away and I advise, that if you don't want to be socially scarred, stop now. Your willing to put all this time into this game for self-gratification, when you will probably get a lot more if you picked up some sports, took dance lessons (i'm not talking about the formal kind), or did something else constructive with your time, your 14! its not 2 late!

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Not that I'm arguing for or against this project, but I do agree with the "massive undertaking" argument, especially by yourself. Age also proves nothing-I'm 16, for example, and fail miserably at concentrating on RPG Maker long enough to do anything, and that's much more user-friendly than Game Maker-although yes, a 14 year old is likely to have more experience than a 10 year old.

To emphasise Slick's point, his name is K.K. SLIDER!! Hear it and tremble etc., Go K.K. Rider is one of his songs.
And if you do choose to continue with your project despite the warnings (good luck if you do) please correct the "3 live" text to "3 life" or "3 lives" on the character select screen. I know I'm not ingratiating myself with anyone here, but as a failing amateur grammar Nazi I can't ignore it.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, but is the blur Isaac? he was one of the most popular characters for Brawl, and the blur looks kind of orangey. I dread to think what Golden Sun battle sprites would look like in this game, though.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is 20-something years old. He needed a whole team of developers in order to make SSBB work.

Some people... *sigh*
The first Kirby game came out in the 80's... as far as I know he started the franchise so unless he made Kirby when he was 10 he has to be at least in his thirties... that should probably help your argument.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
uhm, the first kirby game came out in '92
My mistake. I have Kirby Adventure for the NES and I kind of assumed it had come out in the late 80's... still wouldn't that make Sakurai at least in his 30's?

Before I finished this post I looked it up on Wikipedia and he is apparently 37. He made Kirby when he was 19... thats an early start in the gaming industry... lucky *******. :(

volbound1700

Smash Master
I like people doing this because if it gets popular, I think Nintendo takes notice. Super Flash Brothers (the famous Smash Bros. pixel parody) had some elements that where carried over into Brawl. Some of Sonic and Samus' moves where used in Brawl from Flash Brothers.

Top Bottom