• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
Wow. Um, I don't wanna destroy all your hopes and dreams but...uh...

...you know what, I'll just go ahead and destroy all your hopes and dreams.

QUIT NOW. NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF THIS. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I AM DEAD SERIOUS. QUIT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
right.... what a giant waste of time.. IMO the day this comes out ill punt a new born baby >__>

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I was working on a very succesful game, but all the staff are on, building stuff, and yet the main creator with all the files hasn't been on for like centeries.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hey, personally i think this is a great idea, and i'd love to see this completed. i experimented for a while with gamemaker, did something similar to try to imitate smash, but it was a little glitchy, only had 3 characters and a test stage. I was going to try to expand opun it, but it got deleted... and it took so long to only get that far that i haven't had the motivation to start over. If you actually put enough time into this, i believe it's possible, but to achieve all you are claiming will take a while. I would recommend taking a computer programing course in highschool if you're serious about something like this.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
This would probably turn out like Super Smash Flash anyways. I remember lexl5's game!

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Lex has actually been working on his game. I'm the head of the art department for his staff. He's been working for a while, and I've been supplying him with sprites, I liked the days when I thought Lex was the savior of flasdh smash games, but It's more work then any of us expected,(it's the biggest game I've worked on). He's also using game maker.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Let him make his game. =\

So many **** flamers and whiners about what someone can or can't do. "No, you fail", "Why isn't Geno in?!", "You're never gonna finish!".

Has anyone ever heard of constructive criticism? Something with a point to it? Not "Stop now".

My god, are you guys that bored with the Melee vs Brawl debate that you have to go give **** to a 14 year old instead? Next you're gonna give me **** for making a Pokemon game on RPG maker XP. =p

So good luck to ya kid, I know how hard it is to start and finish a game.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Question:

Is this your first project on Game Maker...?

Honestly, I've been on the Game Maker/RPG Maker/Sphere/etc. communities too long to believe that every game that people advertise will come out. First off, I hate feeling bad when the maker decides to finally cancel their project, because I expected so much from it, but I also hate the fact that some of these games are made by complete amateurs. Please don't take me the wrong way; I understand these communities are somewhat unfair when it comes to people making their first game. I have made dozens of games. I have made dozens of demos that never made it out to be finished. I, like you, posted these demos on the respective maker's forum, and got pretty much the same responses you are getting.

The worst part is, I also, received no constructive criticism.

All I can tell you is this: If you honestly feel that you can accomplish this on Game Maker, then you should. However, if you are a novice, please, please don't be like me. Don't try to make a Bomberman adventure game on RPG Maker (like I did) with 1, 000 hours of game play. Because unless you are truly famous (which I can see, you aren't), you will probably not go very far.

I have stopped game making for recognition. I no longer show off my games on forums or game making sites unless I have finished with them. I still enjoy game making, and still do it as a hobby, and I do try to be as professional as I can be, because only then will I get better. But I don't expect to go anywhere great.

Please don't be like me. Be smarter than me.

And be lucky this isn't even a game maker forum, as most people in here don't know what it means to create a game, even a 2-D one by yourself.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Ruby dragon, there are3 plenty of non-ameture internet game makers out there, I'm on a teaam creating decent game, you don't know how it's gonna be so just wait or leave.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Yes, nice how what a 7 post guy says is automaticly true, In truth I don't know what to think of this.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Wow... this will be great! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

A lot of characters wanted in brawl (e.g. ridley) but did not make it as characters are here!
I wonder how it feels like to play as ridley... yeah.

But still, I would mainly play as toon link.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
This looks horrible. Talk about an awful graphic selection, and I'm sure it'll flop like most other Gamemaker games trying to do the same thing. It's okay though, nothing can compare to how bad the first Super Smash Flash was.

Rollo

Smash Rookie
Did you really have to add the animated blood? Super Smash Bros has always been about pure unadulterated cartoon violence, and blood would completely ruin the mood. i definitely hope you finish this, but I dont know if you will be able to top ssf2. It looks a lot more promising than the first one. (Except for the anime characters. :p)

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I know of three other game then SSF2 being in development and close to being finished, so this one isn't alone.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It looks O.K., but i'd rather try the upcoming Super Smash Flash 2. It looks way better.

Info- http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Flash_2

Demo- http://www.mcleodgaming.com/?page=demos
Okay, continue playing your smash bros games filled with anime reps while people who actually have a life play a computer-cerated smash bros that actually includes Yoshi and DK, and all the characters from the original. That's why I'm making this game because SSF sucked from the beginning.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
you get a year supply or more of praise if you actually finish this via internet spam XD

tirkaro

Smash Champion
hehe. Let me tell you something, hotshot.

Until I actually see a demo of this,(that's actually good, and not just a complete mess of D&D sewn garbage.) this is just another one of the thousands of Ill-fated GM/MMF game projects, made by overconfident internet kids.

Trust me, I was exactly like this once. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Save yourself the embarrassment, kid. Until you actually get a good understanding of what you're doing, and manage to make a demo(Obviously fake screenshots don't count.), I DO NOT recommend flaunting your ideas for a game that will most likely never be made.

However, if you actually do manage to complete this, heck, if you actually manage to complete a good DEMO of this game, I'll take back everything I just said.

(I'm just giving some Constructive criticism, so don't explode at me.)

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so we have a life if we play your game that you've been working extremely hard on using a computer program.

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole...

Top Bottom