• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Damn Kevandre, I wish I could give you an extra like right now because I love Hollow Knight. Fantastic stage concept too.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It's a really good game. I'm glad I had the chance to make one

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The_Kitchen.png

Stage Name:
The Kitchen

Origin:
Little Nightmares

Gimmicks and Hazards:
The Twin Chefs

Description:
*Sniff-sniff* I smell something good...I wonder what it is-OMIGOD!!! Whew...it's just my stage. Scared me for a moment...anyways, this is The Kitchen from Little Nightmares, a creepy Tim Burton-esque horror-platformer that was released for the Switch back in May. The layout of the stage is simple, a table. The table is the main platform, but you can get off and onto the floor. Every time you fight in The Kitchen, utensils such as pots and pepper grinders and foodstuffs such as ham and fish are randomly placed on the floor or on the table. For example, when you start one game, there will be a small pan on the floor while two large steaks are placed on the table, but when you start another game, a pig's head will be on the floor while a fish and a stack of plates will be on the table. The reason for the existence of these utensils and delicacies is for cover from these creepy dudes, the Twin Chefs. These guys are working to cook food for the guests inside the Maw, and they don't take kindly to intruders. After 45 seconds of fighting, both chefs will waddle in and get to work. When they're turned away from the battlefield, it's safe, but occasionally they will turn around to face the battlefield. They will then waddle close enough to the table for players to be in their line of sight. They will search for 10 seconds, looking at the tabletop and underneath the table, before returning to work. When a full minute has passed, they will be finished with cooking and will leave the stage for another 45 seconds. If they manage to catch a player, however, they will scream and grab that player before doing one of two things:

• They will take them to a pot of boiling water and chuck them into it, dealing 8% damage and a knockback equivalent to Pikachu's Skull Bash.
  • They will take him to a cutting board with meat on it and chop them with a cleaver. This deals 14% damage on hit and about as much knockback as Ike's Aether. If this damages above 100%, they will be instantly KO'd.
The plus side is you can quickly mash out of the grip of these big guys before they can do either, and taking you to those culinary killings is slow. Although the floor is a walk-off, the sides not underneath the table make it make you instantly spotted by the Chefs. Well, judges? Bon appetit.

Unlockable:
Yes. Hide from 5-volt successfully 10 times total in Gamer.

Music:
Little Nightmares Medley
The Kitchen Medley
A Feeling for Meat (Little Nightmares)
Hunger 1 (Little Nightmares)
Hunger 2 (Little Nightmares)
Hunger 3 (Little Nightmares)
Six's Theme (Little Nightmares)

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Wow, both Hollow Knight and Little Nightmares have been on my gaming backlog for quite some time now, but seeing these stages has reminded me how much I'd really like to play them...

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wow, both Hollow Knight and Little Nightmares have been on my gaming backlog for quite some time now, but seeing these stages has reminded me how much I'd really like to play them...
Hollow Knight is awesome, but be prepared for a lot of frustration, lol

Primid

Smash Apprentice
THE LAKE
(from Hyper Light Drifter)

For the uninformed, Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D action RPG developed by Heart Machine. In the game there are four main areas to explore: The North, The South, The East, and the West. This stage is based off one of the more colorful locales, The East, which is also referred to as the Lake. The layout of the stage is fairly simple with a solid main platform, an aqueduct to the right (complete with flowing water), a small central pass-through platform, and the sword of a fallen titan, whose hilt is also pass-through. For more on the stage boundaries, check the spoiler below.

Red denotes solid platforms. The water falling from the aqueduct cannot be walked through.
Green denotes pass-through platforms.
Players can swim in the water for a short time, but if they spend too much time in it they will eventually drown.

The stage's main gimmick are The Visions. In the game, The Drifter will occasionally experience visions as a result of his mysterious illness so I felt obligated to work these into the stage as well. Every so often, The Jackal will appear alongside black, oily tendrils that cover a large portion of the screen. The presence of The Jackal signifies a stage transition, one similar to Castle Siege.

There are two possible Visions that the stage can take.

The first possible Vision is a flat walk off with two pass-through platforms. The Jackal will walk around in the background for a little bit before signaling a transition back to the Lake.

The second possible Vision is one of the more iconic moments from the game. A central stair structure and two slanted, pass-through platforms hover ominously in a cloudy sky. After a few moments, three Titans will rise from the background and slowly approach the battlefield. Before they get too close, The Jackal will reappear and transition the players back to The Lake.

The two Visions are completely random, though over the course of the battle the players can be taken to the individual visions multiple times.

MUSIC
Vignette: Panacea / Vignette: Visions (Remixed Medley)
The Last General
The Water Shelf
The Hermit
The Sentients

Thanks for viewing! Hope you guys like it!

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Labo Play Area
Nintendo Labo

Released in April 2018, Nintendo Labo was an experimental new game introduced by the Big N themselves. Packaged with the game are several cardboard sheets and special reflective tape, and one must construct various real-life contraptions in order to control the variety of games. These cardboard creations are brought to life by the Joycon's tech when attached to them like the HD Rumble, the IR camera, and more. Included with the Variety Kit pack are instructions for a variety of builds, from a simple RC doodlebug creature to a fully-functioning cardboard piano. Two other Labo kits were later released, one involved making a backpack to control a giant robot and another making vehicle gears and gizmos to pilot various automobiles.

This stage takes place inside a child's playroom, illuminated by the setting sun. Fighters are toy-sized and dropped onto a flat table, which is one large fighting area with two pits on the side, par for the course. The table's legs are in the foreground and background, but the pocket in the middle is solid. Things seem uneventful on this stage, until about ten seconds in, the main gimmick becomes clear. A sheet of cardboard appears underneath the fighter's feet, quickly assembling itself into one of the Labo contraptions. When built, any fighter near it is shoved away slightly so that they don't bcome trapped inside the creation, and once complete, joycons are attached to the project and it springs to life. There are four toy-con creations that interact with the stage, and a max of three of these four can be on the stage at the same time, sometimes less:

-RC Car: either one or two of these little things scuttle around, and are like a mobile blockthat pushes fighters around. However, anyone can hop on top of them for safety and even go for a ride! Will eventually ride off the stage after about 15-20 seconds of being on, de-spawning them.
-Fishing Rod: one is built at either ledges of the stage, and the base of the pole is a pass-through platform. The rod holds upon it a platform that raises and lowers periodically as the crank spins. However, if a fighter stands on it, the platform will lower until a breaking point, in which it will snap off. No matter if the platform snaps or not, the rod stays on stage for about 15 seconds before being disassembled.
-House: a carboard house is built, with two diagonal platforms on its roof. Below it, a cave of life is created through the door's openings. Fights can get heated in that area, but after about 20 seconds, the house will disassemble itself and be slid away.
-Piano (pictured in the previous image): a flat, solid rectangular block of stage is added, with the keys being the part stood on. Every time someone stands on a key, it makes musical notes depending on which key is inserted, so you can make a little song mid-match! Once again, it goes away after about 20 seconds.

The TV in the background will display various Labo-related scenes, such as the instructions to building or the games themselves being played. The cabinet on the left will have a random assortment of Nintendo merchandise on it when loading, from amiibo to plushes to lunchboxes themed after the various Nintendo franchises featured in Smash. I wanted to pass off some vibes of the original Smash Bros' opening scene, being in a child's play room.

MUSIC:
Nintendo Labo Main Theme (Remix)
Battle! World 1 (Miitopia) (Remix)
Noisy Notebook (Snipperclips) (Remix)
Title Screen (1-2 Switch) (Remix)
amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits (Remix)
Submission Plaza (Check Mii Out Channel)
Challenge (Pushmo) (Remix)
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! Medley (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
Title (Big Brain Academy) (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
"MATHILDIS FOREST"
from Child of Light

It seemed like there were some other non-first party game entries for this round, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about also choosing this title. So anyways, my stage is from Child of Light, a platforming RPG developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The game was released on all major platforms in 2014, and will be coming to the Switch later this year. A sequel was also recently announced as well. As a fan of this game (I own it on both my Wii U and PS4), I'm really excited that the team behind it is making it available to a new audience and planning to continue the series.

This stage has two phases, as I wanted to represent both the puzzle-platforming elements and the traditional RPG nature of the game.

Phase 1: Mathildis Forest Altar
In Child of Light, you play as Aurora, a young girl who dies of a strange sickness and wakes up in a fictional world called Lemuria. Your journey begins at this Altar in Mathildis Forest, and you'll return to it on several occasions throughout the game. Because of this, it's probably one of the most recognizable areas. In Smash, you'll of course fight atop the Altar itself, but to spice things up, I also added a floating balloon island and a large tree from other parts of the forest. The balloon island will drift around very slightly, but nothing too crazy. The tree on the right side features tree branches to stand on.

The red lines are solid ground, and the green lines are pass-through platforms. Also, the balloon platform has grabbable ledges, as does the bottommost tree branch platform on the right side.

After about 40 seconds, Aurora and her firefly companion Igniculus will drift by in the background. Simultaneously, a tree archer enemy will hop onto the highest tree branch (top right corner) from offscreen. He won't harm players, but he will shoot an arrow at Aurora, which will trigger a stage transition (think Castle Siege). A watercolor dissolve will fade the stage into its second phase...

Phase 2: Forest Encounter

Since Child of Light is an RPG, you'll be fighting a lot of enemies in turn-based combat. These encounters take place in a setting much like this, with your characters duking it out against baddies on top of large pillars (I know the layout isn't great, but I wanted to retain the look from the actual game).

Sames as before, red = solid ground.

You may have noticed the weird little bar at the bottom of the screen. Let's call it the Attack Bar. So in Child of Light, this attack bar is a fun yet extremely important element to its combat system. I don't want to delve too deeply into it here, but essentially all attacks in the game have durations attached to them and therefore take different amounts of time to "cast." Think of the attack bar as a timeline. Depending on your chosen attack's speed, you may be able to interrupt an enemy's attack and prevent them from hitting you altogether (If you want a better explanation, it'd probably help to just watch how it works, but it's not really necessary to understand my version of the stage).

To mimic this in Smash, all of the present fighters' icons appear scattered about on the attack bar. They will move steadily across the attack bar from left to right, and when they reach the far right side, they'll jump back to the left side and start over again. When an icon moves into the red "Cast" section, it will speed up slightly. This is also your prime time to attack! If you land an attack while your character's icon is in the "Cast" section, you'll receive +7% damage to that attack! There are a few other things that can occur during battle, so check them out too:
Interruption

Earlier I mentioned the ability to interrupt enemies in the source game. Well you can do it here too!...Kinda... Let's say you're playing as Ness and you attack Meta Knight while both your icons are in the "Cast" section. Not only will Ness receive do 7% more damage on that attack, but he will also put Meta Knight's icon all the way back on the attack bar. Meta Knight's icon will also remain here for 5 seconds before beginning to move again, which prevents him from getting his own potential damage boost for some time.

Igniculus

In the original game Igniculus is Aurora's firefly friend who helps out during battle. While he doesn't attack enemies directly, you can freely control him in combat and use him to slow down a selected enemy's icon on the attack bar. In my stage, Igniculus will appear randomly during this phase and float around the screen. Eventually, he will "latch" onto the player closest to him and "slow them down." While he doesn't slow the physical character down, he will slow down that character's icon significantly on the attack bar, therefore making it harder for them to reach the "cast" section. He will hop around to different fighters, but you can force him off your character by attacking rapidly several times.

My explanations probably made it sound a bit convoluted, but when you're in the Forest Encounter, just remember the basics:
- Attack another person while your character icon is in "Cast" → +7% dmg to your attack.
- Attack another person while both your icons are in "Cast" → +7% dmg to your attack + pause their icon at the start of the timeline for 5 secs.
- Igniculus also shows up. If he hovers on your fighter, your icon will slow down on the attack bar.

My goal with this phase was to add a fun, fast-paced new mechanic with an emphasis on timing to matches and hopefully I succeeded. Anyways, after about 30 seconds, the stage will dissolve back into the first phase once again. The cycle will continue for as long as the match lasts.

Unlock:
Win a custom match with Palutena with the rules set to "Weight: Light."

Music
Aurora's Theme / Final Breath (Medley)
Patches of Sky
Down To a Dusty Plain
Dark Creatures
Jupiter's Lightning
Sword of Mars / Metal Gleamed In the Twilight (Medley)

Hope you enjoyed this! :)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
"MATHILDIS FOREST"
from Child of Light

It seemed like there were some other indie game entries for this round, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about also choosing an indie game. So anyways, my stage is from Child of Light, a platforming RPG developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The game was released on all major platforms in 2014, and will be coming to the Switch later this year. A sequel was also recently announced as well. As a fan of this game (I own it on both my Wii U and PS4), I'm really excited that the team behind it is making it available to a new audience and planning to continue the series.

This stage has two phases, as I wanted to represent both the puzzle-platforming elements and the traditional RPG nature of the game.

Phase 1: Mathildis Forest Altar
In Child of Light, you play as Aurora, a young girl who dies of a strange sickness and wakes up in a fictional world called Lemuria. Your journey begins at this Altar in Mathildis Forest, and you'll return to it on several occasions throughout the game. Because of this, it's probably one of the most recognizable areas. In Smash, you'll of course fight atop the Altar itself, but to spice things up, I also added a floating balloon island and a large tree from other parts of the forest. The balloon island will drift around very slightly, but nothing too crazy. The tree on the right side features tree branches to stand on.

The red lines are solid ground, and the green lines are pass-through platforms. Also, the balloon platform has grabbable ledges, as does the bottommost tree branch platform on the right side.

After about 40 seconds, Aurora and her firefly companion Igniculus will drift by in the background. Simultaneously, a tree archer enemy will hop onto the highest tree branch (top right corner) from offscreen. He won't harm players, but he will shoot an arrow at Aurora, which will trigger a stage transition (think Castle Siege). A watercolor dissolve will fade the stage into its second phase...

Phase 2: Forest Encounter

Since Child of Light is an RPG, you'll be fighting a lot of enemies in turn-based combat. These encounters take place in a setting much like this, with your characters duking it out against baddies on top of large pillars (I know the layout isn't great, but I wanted to retain the look from the actual game).

Sames as before, red = solid ground.

You may have noticed the weird little bar at the bottom of the screen. Let's call it the Attack Bar. So in Child of Light, this attack bar is a fun yet extremely important element to its combat system. I don't want to delve too deeply into it here, but essentially all attacks in the game have durations attached to them and therefore take different amounts of time to "cast." Think of the attack bar as a timeline. Depending on your chosen attack's speed, you may be able to interrupt an enemy's attack and prevent them from hitting you altogether (If you want a better explanation, it'd probably help to just watch how it works, but it's not really necessary to understand my version of the stage).

To mimic this in Smash, all of the present fighters' icons appear scattered about on the attack bar. They will move steadily across the attack bar from left to right, and when they reach the far right side, they'll jump back to the left side and start over again. When an icon moves into the red "Cast" section, it will speed up slightly. This is also your prime time to attack! If you land an attack while your character's icon is in the "Cast" section, you'll receive +7% damage to that attack! There are a few other things that can occur during battle, so check them out too:
Interruption

Earlier I mentioned the ability to interrupt enemies in the source game. Well you can do it here too!...Kinda... Let's say you're playing as Ness and you attack Meta Knight while both your icons are in the "Cast" section. Not only will Ness receive do 7% more damage on that attack, but he will also put Meta Knight's icon all the way back on the attack bar. Meta Knight's icon will also remain here for 5 seconds before beginning to move again, which prevents him from getting his own potential damage boost for some time.

Igniculus

In the original game Igniculus is Aurora's firefly friend who helps out during battle. While he doesn't attack enemies directly, you can freely control him in combat and use him to slow down a selected enemy's icon on the attack bar. In my stage, Igniculus will appear randomly during this phase and float around the screen. Eventually, he will "latch" onto the player closest to him and "slow them down." While he doesn't slow the physical character down, he will slow down that character's icon significantly on the attack bar, therefore making it harder for them to reach the "cast" section. He will hop around to different fighters, but you can force him off your character by attacking rapidly several times.

My explanations probably made it sound a bit convoluted, but when you're in the Forest Encounter, just remember the basics:
- Attack another person while your character icon is in "Cast" → +7% dmg to your attack.
- Attack another person while both your icons are in "Cast" → +7% dmg to your attack + pause their icon at the start of the timeline for 5 secs.
- Igniculus also shows up. If he hovers on your fighter, your icon will slow down on the attack bar.

My goal with this phase was to add a fun, fast-paced new mechanic to matches and hopefully I succeeded. Anyways, after about 30 seconds, the stage will dissolve back into the first phase once again. The cycle will continue for as long as the match lasts.

Unlock:
Win a custom match with Palutena with the rules set to "Weight: Light."

Music
Aurora's Theme / Final Breath (Medley)
Patches of Sky
Down To a Dusty Plain
Dark Creatures
Jupiter's Lightning
Sword of Mars / Metal Gleamed In the Twilight (Medley)

Hope you enjoyed this! :)
This game has always looked hella dope. I was a fan of Ori & The Blind Forest and this reminds me of that a lot

D

Deleted member

I like how the Switch round basically has become Indie Games round part 2 featuring the Nintendo Labo.
Is Child of Light actually Indie? I never bothered to look it up. Either way though, this has been an amazing round so far I got to say.

EDIT: Child of Light is a Ubisoft game. So no, it's not Indie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
This game has always looked hella dope. I was a fan of Ori & The Blind Forest and this reminds me of that a lot
I've wanted to try Ori and the Blind Forest, but unfortunately I don't have a viable way of playing it. I can definitely see the similarities in style though.

But yea it's a great game, definitely worth checking out if not for the art and music alone. But the story and gameplay are also top notch, just be prepared for some feels if you do play it (it's not exactly the happiest game haha).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Splatoon 2
Shifty Station

Contest35 1.png

Shifty Station is a stage in Splatoon 2. Only showing up during Splatfests, this stage is notable for having a new look every time it appears. In Smash Bros it has the same look, with a nighttime abyss illuminated by signs. This stage, like the actual Shifty Station, has multiple forms with special gimmicks. The first is just a battlefield clone, but the floating platforms are conveyor belts. Tee conveyor belts go at a rather slow speed, making them a small threat if any. The stage layout changes every 35 seconds, with various parts shifting in-and-out of place. Even while changing, there's always consistent footing
Contest35 2.png

The next form I'll talk about is a form inspired by the Seventh Shifty Station Design, used in "Money VS Love" in NA. It's a large stage, but it can be reached by most characters. Sounds like a campy nightmare, right? Not quite, as there are cannons you might recognize from Salmon Run. A character can enter a cannon, and if they do they fire very strong bullets that fire at a somewhat fast rate. They can be aimed and do more damage the farther away you are from the target, trying to make camping non-ideal.
Contest35 3.png

The next stage is based on the tenth Shifty Station design, used for Baseball VS Soccer in NA. It's split in two with a large pit separating the two portions. Sounds like another bad decision, right? Not quite, as there's a grapplink in the center. If a projectile attack or item hits it (Basically stuff villager can pocket, plus PK Freeze, PK Flash, and Bayonetta's Bullets), the fighter that did the action gets pulled to the grapplink itself! If done in the air, recovery is restarted. This makes it easier to get from one side to the other. Ironically, Ness and Lucas do well with this, as they can grab the grapplink from below (PK Thunder) and from the sides (PK Fire).
Contest35 4.png

The last stage layout I'll talk about is inspired by the 3rd Shifty Station, first used for Sci-Fi VS Fantasy in NA. multiple Sponge Cubes line the stage. Repeated damage to them increases their size. Only the first person to damage them can increase their size, other people decrease their size to default. The ones on the sides have a smaller maximum height and can be jumped through.

If a Splatfest is occurring in Splatoon 2, the stages design is given colours to maytch it. The neon signs ae taken from the Splatoon 2 pool, specifically the Splatfest one if one's occurring. Hazard Toggle has the Sponge design without sponges.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys. Round 35 is now closed. See you on Sunday with the grades for it.

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 35 grades!

psb123's grades:

Crystal Peak by Kevandre Kevandre

Iconic Status: 4/5

One of the many, many positive things you can say about the Switch is that it is a great home for Indie games. And Hollow Knight is one of the most notable among them with all the popularity it's received. Sure it's only a year old, but remember all those people who assumed that Shovel Knight was just a fad that would be forgotten in a few years? Yeah, they were wrong =P I don't know if Hollow Knight will become quite THAT popular but the game has earned it's recognition and is a crown jewel among the ever growing scene of Indie games.

Originality: 10/10

A stage that utilized the sealing of the bottomless pits like Brinstar does but in a completely different way? Sign me up! Got to love the way those spiked platforms function too. Very nice touch.

Playability: 10/10

The platforms to the sides can be a hazard, but they're the kind that you just have to be careful with. Add in the fact that they present opportunity to use the stage to your advantage in a fight, and I see no reason to take off points for them. The Spikes at the bottom blast zone however? Hmm, this is going to take some thinking. My main worry is that the bottom zone is always sealed off. But the spikes aren't super dangerous by themselves and while them always being there would lead to you having to resort to top and side blast zones for traditional KO's, that seems like something that would get this stage banned in competitive play more than it would actually affect traditional playability.

And we do have stages where you can't rely on the bottom blast zone in Smash already, most of which are perfectly fine, you know what, I don't think I'll off any points.

Overall Score: 24/25

The Kitchen by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Iconic Status: 3/5

I'll admit it. I'm not completely sure what to think of this one. Little Nightmares is a known Indie game with a bigger fanbase than some others. I will acknowledge that. But is it by that much? That part I don't know. At the very least, I wouldn't call it as notable as games like Hollow Knight. I'm going to strike a middle ground and go with a 3. Apologies if that's not an accurate score, but I don't know the game that well so I'm limited in things to work with.

Originality: 8/10

This stage is f***ing creepy! If you wanted to make a Kitchen stage, then couldn't you have picked something from Overcooked instead?

Though I guess to be fair, it stands out for it's horror theme more than any other Smash stage. Enough to where there's no way it would be in an E10 rated game like Ultimate, I'll tell you that much.

There are a lot of similarities to Gamer here. In my honest opinion, too many similarities. The idea for the gimmick is good in a "faithful to the source material" kind of way, I just think there are things that could be done to make it less similar to Gamer.

Playability: 7/10

The Chef's take time to finish damaging you (and to even be on stage for that matter) but what they can do is pretty devastating. It is possible to at least try to escape though. So there is that.

Overall Score: 18/25

The Lake by Primid Primid

Like Hollow Knight, this is an Indie game that is one of the heavy hitters among it's kind. Sure it took a lot longer to hit a Nintendo platform after it's initial release than Hollow Knight did. But still. It's one of the Indie scenes top contenders.

It is true that this stage lacks gimmicks and hazards that can turn the fight on it's head. But sometimes that's a good thing. The originality of this stage shines in it's layouts, and it's faithfulness to the source material.

The only concern I had was the walk-off in the first vision. Kind of reminded of Coliseum which is a walk-off stage that I have a bit of history with criticizing in this contest. But honestly, Coliseum is one of a few stages that I want to re-evaluate when Ultimate comes out. Is the walk-off really as bad as I'm remembering? I'd like to know. And when something like that is my only concern, I think this stage easily earns a 10 on playability.

Overall Score: 24/25

Labo Play Area by TKOWL TKOWL

Iconic Status: 5/5

If you don't know what Labo is, then you've been living under a rock. And I mean a prehistoric caveman rock with no internet. You know what that's too generous. I know from experience that you see this stuff all over the place in stores like Gamestop. You don't even need internet to know what Labo is.

This stage is brilliant. The Toy-con creations are the perfect gimmick and there are so many tiny quality of life elements like the TV, the Nintendo Merchandise, and the reference to Smash 64's opening.

The cave of life the houses provides is, well, a cave of life. But it's not always there and it seems like one that's at least decently easy to get campers out of.

Overall Score: 25/25

Mathildis Forest by Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas

I know this game exists, and there is a decent crop of people who played it and loved it. Plus it's getting a sequel. Though it still isn't the most notable of game out there. Which is more than subject to change in the future, but right now I think it just barely misses a 4.

That has got to be one of the most faithful and inventive gimmicks pulled from the source game I've ever seen! It's only temporary, but that's a good thing given the damage boost. It's the perfect mix of normal damage and boosted damage.

Playability: 9/10

The top Tree Branch has just enough camping potential to warrant one point being removed. And that's the only issue I have with this stage.

Overall Score: 22/25

Shifty Station by PeridotGX PeridotGX

Maybe I'm just a noob at Splatoon, but it seems to be that given the nature of the game, so many multiplayer stages stick out that it's just a matter of "pick one that you like. They're all as iconic as each other". I'd even argue that being exclusive to Splatfest actually helps it here.

Originality: 7/10

I'm actually a little torn on this one. Things you can mount like the cannons and the grapplink aren't really something we've seen in a Smash stage before. And without anything to really compare it to, I can't say if I like the idea or not. It might end up fine, but part of me thinks this kind of thing is too gimmicky for Smash Bros.

Playability: 6/10

Not to mention they cause some problems. The Cannon's don't solve the camping issue enough and the grapplink only being activated by projectiles is a big problem. There are too many layouts in this stage that are too much of a hindrance to characters with weaker recovery. Which is made even more problematic by each layout overstaying it's welcome. 35 seconds is too long for a transition.

Cosmic77's grades:

"Crystal Peak" by Kevandre:

Indie games are a little hard to gauge in iconicness, mainly because they're rarely capable of receiving the same attention as the first-party game.

Hollow Knight is one of those more memorable indie titles, but I'm not comfortable giving it a perfect score. Comparing this game to Splatoon 2 or Labo feels like comparing night and day.

It's not the most unique gimmick you could've chosen, but it's nice. The ability to flip the platforms is bound to create some interesting strategies, particularly from those characters with projectiles.

The setting is unique. I don't believe we've had a true cave stage, unless you count Brinstar, or Mushroomy Kingdom, or TGCO...

Well, it looks unique anyway.

Playability: 8/10

I appreciate the nerf on the spikes. Helped save you a point or two.

Overall Score: 19/25

"The Kitchen" by GolisoPower:

I was going to give you a three, but then I remembered that this game had amiibo support. I felt like that was enough to make people who never played it remember it over other indies.

Originality: 9/10

Your stage is memorable, though I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The layout is unique, the setting of a kitchen is unique, and the main gimmick, while essentially being a copy of Gamer, has this really weird and creepy theme that's unsettling,

The amount of time the chefs are in the kitchen seems fair, and the punishment for getting caught seems more reasonable than Gamer.

Unfortunately, any type of stealth stage makes it hard to have real battles. This is no exception.

Overall Score: 20/25

"The Lake" by Primid:

I know this game just came out on the Switch, so huge boost thanks to relevancy. Drifter has also made appearances in other games, so that helps a lot too.

Still, the same thing I've said with other stages. I don't think this can compete with the iconicness of first-party games.

Not a very creative gimmick, but sometimes good stages don't need a creative gimmick. The layouts you chose were unique, the setting was interesting, the background looks amazing, and I assume (because I haven't played this) that the visions are extremely similar to how they appeared in the game.

I have a few things I could nitpick, but overall, there wasn't anything in your stage that I thought was big enough to warrant a deduction.

"Labo Play Area" by TKOWL:

It wasn't the smash hit Nintendo was expecting, but I think most people know what this is. They did quite a bit of advertising.

Once again, you nailed the originality score. Setting the gimmicks of the Labo toys aside, having them be assembled instead of automatically being on the stage was extremely creative and showcases exactly what Labo is.

I think my favorite Labo toy in your stage is the piano. Let's see if we can make a song by stepping on the keys.

No issues as far as I can see. Looks like a simple stage with gimmicks that focus more on fun rather than being an obstacle.

Overall Score: 25/25

Congratulations! You're the sixth person to get a perfect score from me!

"Mathildis Forest" by Good Guy Giygas:

To tell you the truth, I didn't even know this game existed.

That being said, I'm not really an expert on these kind of games, so maybe I'm wrong. I'll meet you halfway at 3.

Originality: 9/10

The gimmick was a little complicated, but I think I understand it. It's certainly in a category of it's own, that's for sure.

But if i could make one critique, I would've added more stage elements. Feels like that gauge is the most interesting thing about your stage.

The gauge isn't too bad, but I think an extra 7% is a bit much. That also raises some questions about small projectiles that can be fired rapidly. Would they tack on an additional 7% with each hit?

Overall Score: 20/25

"Shifty Station" by PeridotGX:

Splatoon 2 was a monster success in Japan. Even it isn't as popular overseas, it's still a pretty big deal here too.

Shifty Station might not be as well known because it's a Splatfest stage, but that's the only concern I have.

Originality: 6/10

This stage is a fantastic mash-up of multiple Splatfest stages, but I'm not entirely sold on the layouts. They feel a little too simple for a Splatoon stage.

That being said, I did enjoy the description of the background. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more easter eggs from Splatfests of old being sprinkled here and there.

Even with the grappler, the large pits are an issue. Characters with poor recoveries or no projectiles could have a difficult time jumping back and forth, whereas Villager and Rosalina might not even need the grappler at all.

TheMarioAddict's grades:

"Crystal Peak" by Kevandre:

"Unlockable: Defeat the Shovel Knight Assist Trophy with the Beetle item."

Ok, I have to admit - that got a chuckle out of me.

I too love Hollow Knight - I never really was into Metroidvanias that much, but Hollow Knight just… damn. And you definitely picked out one of the most memorable areas too… the trouble for me is, as good as Hollow Knight is, I’m not sure if it’s gotten enough notoriety to be recognizable to those not already familiar with it, which hurts the grade a little.

Now this is what I’m talking about! I love everything about this stage - it brings in a crystalline aesthetic never before seen in Smash, it’s got a neat little mechanic in the flippy spike platforms, it’s got a simple, but unique platform layout… the only critique is that the Spikes along the bottom of the stage are essentially just retextured lava, but that’s a nitpick. This absolutely nails what I love in a Smash stage!

I see only one potential problem in playability, and that’s the lack of lower blast zones. The spikes take on essentially the same function, but I can certainly see them prolonging matches by saving characters who otherwise would have fallen off the stage. Other than that, you took great care to specify that the spikes, though harmful, aren’t all that harmful, so I think this stage is worthy of a high playability score! Well done!

"The Kitchen" by GolisoPower:

Iconic Status: 2/5

What the heck is Little Nightmares? ...I’m only half kidding on that, I only have a vague memory of it existing, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. That said, my research says the game is decently popular, so that saves you from a 1, but only just. I can’t say whether the kitchen itself would be a good stage choice, so I’ll move on.

You do a lot well here - the platform layout is original, and the creepy horror aesthetic is something that would be pretty striking in Smash (more than Luigi’s Mansion, at least). My only gripe is that the primary mechanic of this stage - the chefs - is lifted straight out of Gamer, and you’ve done very little to make that mechanic your own. Well, that’s not true - it takes longer for the chefs to land the killing blow, making it more lenient on players than Gamer, but it still feels a lot like a copy-pasted mechanic. But that mechanic aside, it’s a very different kind of stage, so good on ya!

Playability: 5/10

I’m sorry, but the chefs are way too powerful. Firstly, there’s barely any space to hide - for all it’s problems, Gamer at least provides ample hiding space so players can easily avoid instant death. But here? You get 3 hiding spaces, each about as big as one player, going from your picture. Now you did say that the items are randomized, so maybe some layouts will have more hiding spots than others. But both your examples had 3, so I’m assuming it’s always 3, which isn’t even enough for every player in a 4 player match. And the chefs are pretty dang deadly, even if you can mash out of their hands. Playing this stage hazardless could be kinda neat, but without that? Jeeze.

Overall Score: 14/25

"The Lake" by Primid:

I’ve never played Hyper Light Drifter, but I’ve heard good things about it. However, I have the same problems here that I do with Kevandre’s stage - I don’t know yet whether the game is popular enough to be recognized by outsiders.

I want you to know that this stage broke the way I’ve been analyzing stages. Because this stage does an excellent job at standing out from other smash stages - it’s visually unique, it’s got an original layout, and it has all the charm I’d want from a stage. In the past, however, I’ve put a lot of stock into having cool gimmicks and hazards, which is the one thing this stage lacks in. This stage makes me realize that may be unfair to the stages without as much crazy stuff going on, even though they can be just as unique. I’ll be adjusting how I grade originality to compensate (don’t worry Kev and Goliso, I factored this into your scores as well), so go ahead and take a 10 - you deserve it.

I’ve really only got two concerns here, and both come down to the geometry of the level - the water wall in the stage’s normal form, and the staircase on the second vision. The wall bothers me less for being a wall - though I’m told that can be an issue - and more because I don’t think it would be that apparent to players that it is a wall. It’s just water, after all, why would a player expect that to stop them dead in their tracks? And the staircase feels a little too much on the steep side to me - I’m honestly not sure how much that would affect gameplay, but it still worries me.

Overall Score: 21/25

"Labo Play Area" by TKOWL:

Well my usual metrics for grading iconicness are pretty useless here, seeing as the stage is based on physical objects as opposed to video game locales. Still, I think the Labo is so instantly recognizable and so heavily pushed by Nintendo that it qualifies for a perfect score here.

So to get the obvious out of the way: using the Labo itself as a stage is genius. That said, the rest of the stage isn’t quite as unique as it first looks - the mechanics of the stage remind me of Pictochat (of all things), and the living room aesthetic has been seen before in… well, Living Room. Still, the layouts are original, and the sheer creativity of using the Labo itself give you pretty good marks for originality here. I also love the touch of being able to play the piano - nice detail!

I know it would only be a temporary thing, but the cave of life that the house can make is still a little concerning. Beyond that, I can’t see any problems, so… yeah. Nice job!

"Mathildis Forest" by Good Guy Giygas:

I’ve heard of Child of Light before… and that’s about it. Like with Goliso, my understanding is that the game is somewhat popular, so I won’t let my ignorance leave you with a 1, but it doesn’t bode well either. At least from your description, the area seems to be important, so that helps.

This stage has lots of fantastic elements, and by this point I repeat myself so much that you could probably say it with me - the platform layouts are original and the aesthetic is something new to Smash. But let’s get to the real show stopper here - the Attack Bar. I’d never have thought that using a turn-based combat system (or mechanic) in Smash Bros would ever work, but boy did you prove me wrong! That attack bar is exactly the kind of weird nonsense that Sakurai would put into his stage. Wonderful stuff, man.

Shockingly, I’m not taking points off for the attack bar - it’s unobtrusive enough that I don’t think it would get in the way of a fight all that much. No, the points are for the geometry - it’s not major, but the uneven layout and walls in the battle phase could be problematic, and the topmost tree branch in the forest phase could be a little camp-y. Like I said, it’s not huge, but it’s enough to cause me concern.

"Shifty Station" by PeridotGX:

I wavered on whether to give this a 4 or a 5 - it’s certainly a memorable map in Splatoon 2, at least to people who participate in Splatfests. But I don’t know if it really feels all that… Splatoon-y. In the end I went with a 5, because you’ve got elements across the different forms that harken back to the game quite a bit, which helps it stand out.

I really like the wide variety of mechanics you have across the different forms of the stage - each one not only works as a Splatoon reference, but also as an interesting way to shake up Smash gameplay. The general look of the stage makes it a stark contrast to Moray Towers, though I wish you’d taken a few more creative liberties with the platform layouts in some instances. You may have been better off just leaving the battlefield clone out of it altogether.

Playability: 5/10

Then again, the battlefield clone is definitely the one with the least playability problems. First off, credit where it’s due - the turrets definitely help make camping less of an issue on form 2, but I don’t think they 100% solve the problem. The grapplink actually hurts form 3, because you specified that it only works with projectiles or items, which are two things that many characters simply don’t have access to, putting them at a huge disadvantage. The Sponge layout is probably the best of the non-battlefield layouts, though the slanty platforms are a bit high for my tastes. And of course, my most common gripe is back - 35 seconds is way too long. Tone it down a notch.

Total Scores:

Kevandre: 64 points

GolisoPower: 52 points

Primid: 67 points

TKOWL: 71 points

Good Guy Giygas: 63 points

PeridotGX: 54 points

The Winner is...........
Labo Play Area by TKOWL

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Congrats to TKOWL TKOWL for his stage! Again!

The reason why I picked a Little Nightmares stage is because there aren’t a lot of horror-themed stages in Smash (Gamer being the only notable example). But I will admit, I should have made the hiding spaces more ample in the example provided.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Overall I really liked this round. I think everyone did a great job with their stages, the rounds where we really get to jump in and go wild with what we want are the best. I'm looking forward to see what you all come up with for Crossovers..

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Wow, did not expect my stage to get such high scores this week, thank you! Once again, a lot of other great entries in this indie-filled week.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Congrats TKOWL! I'm hoping that Ultimate has some DLC stages like 4 did, so fingers crossed that there might be a Labo stage similar to the one you designed.

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 36!

Winning the poll at 7 votes, Round 36 is......................

Crossover Stages

Remember Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale? Can't say I blame you if you don't. Sony tends to copy Nintendo a little too much in some cases but having a Sony version of Smash Bros. isn't what I'd call a bad idea. Shame the game didn't turn out good, but one cool thing it did do was the stages.

Basically two series collided into one stage by bringing in elements of both represented franchises.

You had Metropolis, which had the Hydra from God of War invade a city from Ratchet and Clank
Paris, which had Littlebigplanet 2's Negativitron attack players in an area from Sly Cooper
And even stages like Time Station which brought in more than 2 series by having a boss from Patapon summon creatures from all sorts of series, like Jak & Daxter and Twisted Metal, to terrorize a location from Ape Escape.

Now I wholeheartedly believe that Smash Bros. will never do this. Some people might accuse them of copying Sony (then again there were some people who did that anyway when Smash 4 was coming out by saying it was a rip-off of Playstation All-Stars. Which BTW, HOW?!?!?!?!) and more importantly Smash Bros. has a set way of doing stages that this would just break too much.

But ever since the August direct this contest has delved almost completely into "what-if?" territory so we might as well embrace the concept for funsies. As always, no series that did not originate from Video Games, and no areas from games that haven't had a character on a Nintendo System.

Now I've said in the past that thanks to Stage Morphing, stages that just transition to areas from different franchises will cost you originality points from me. But lately I've been realizing that it's possible to do things like Stage Morph between Delfino Plaza and Port Town Aero Dive without the way the stages transition normally being effected.

So I won't automatically decrease originality scores for series transitioning stages anymore. That's going to be judged more on HOW your stage transitions.

But regardless of what gimmicks you give your stage, it has to include at least two separate series. A stage that starts in Xenoblade Chronicles 1 but then transitions to Chronicles X and Chronicles and 2? It's all still the same series, so it won't count. But a stage that starts in Xenoblade and then goes to Xenogears and Xenosaga? That's eligible since those are separate series. Even though two Xenosaga characters have cameo's in Chronicles 2.

And with that, on October 15th 2018, Round 36 has begun. You have until Friday, October 19th, at 11:00pm Pacific Time to submit entries.

Good Luck!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Battlefield of the Gods

(Fire Emblem x Kid Icarus)

(Smashboards images having issues again... Here's the link: https://i.imgur.com/SSq1Pb5.png)​

In thinking of a crossover between Nintendo franchises, I wanted to make the crossover feel semi-realistic. Crossing Mario with Geist might sound like a fun idea but in practice it’d just be… odd. So I went more for two franchises that have a similar feeling to them… Kid Icarus (Uprising) and Fire Emblem (Mostly Awakening).

In Kid Icarus Uprising, the Underworld Army (Helmed by Hades, but with OG bad guy Medusa as his big subordinate), are out to take over the world, or cause chaos, or just have fun murdering people/other gods/etc. Hades is kind of a ****, is what I’m saying. At least in this version of the pantheon.

As such, as part of his Earthly takeover, he decided to assault the Mila Tree, where Divine Dragon Naga’s Voice lives. As such, Naga is not pleased. And thus, many Manaketes are here to fight off the Underworld Army before the Tree is taken over.

This stage is meant to be more cinematic in the background than particularly unique in the foreground where the playable fight is going on. In the rolling hills, our heroes have somehow been dragged into their own battle on their own hill. It is curved like the Mario Galaxy stage, though with regular gravity, with pits on either side. There are two floating platforms on either side and… that’s really it, gameplay wise.

This stage has a slightly unique “morality” aspect that affects the background of the stage. If a character the game has marked as a “good guy” scores a KO, then one of the Underworld Army’s fighters will fall. Or vice versa. If all of one side’s Army falls then the stage’s aesthetic will change to match the flavor of the Victor. Obviously if you’ve got a 1v1 battle between Ganondorf and Bowser, the Underworld Army will always win the battle. One of the armies winning doesn’t change the gameplay of the playable battle, it is just a difference in the background. Characters like Meta Knight and Robin, who have been both good and bad guys, will have different values for this depending on what costume you choose.

The fighters in each Army are pulled from all over the place for both franchises (Though obviously FE has a lot more to pull from). You might see Kana, Tiki, Nowi, Nah, Ninian, etc defending the Mila Tree. It is more likely to see these manaketes doing the defending, but you'll also see other Shepherds such as Vaike or Maribelle pitching in. The Underworld Army obviously pulls most of its guys from Uprising, including Hades’ Lieutenants like Phosphora (If her Assist Trophy isn’t there), Thanatos, and Pandora, but also more mundane enemies like the Eggplant Wizard. If you’ve never seen a mighty Manakete get turned into an eggplant, this is your chance. The idea is to also have taunts and insults get thrown from either side (though obviously Underworld is way better at it) as well, but with a wide variety so it doesn’t make the stage get stale too quickly. This includes the shade being tossed at the playable characters as well- Medusa might wonder aloud how Kirby turns back from stone, if he's on the battlefield, Phosphora may offer to help Pichu control his electricity if he joins her, Kana can cheer his/her mama/papa on, or Naga might thank Chrom for his help if he's there. While these interactions may not happen every time the stage is loaded, every character has something like this occur on this stage.

While most of the background fighters are pulled from Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, there are very, incredibly rare occasions that other godlike beings from Nintendo games might make an appearance. Characters such as Zanza, Nayru/Farore/Din, or Arceus might show up. In this case, you’ll get an in-game achievement/special trophy of the stage.

I’m not sure how a cinematic in the background stage will do in this contest with the main stage layout not being very exciting but it was an interesting idea I had and I didn’t want to over complicate it and have the truly exciting bit be overshadowed.

Unlockable: Play an 8-Player Smash match using characters from Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem only.

Music (All Mashups Between Two Songs) :​

Divine Decree (Ablaze) (FE:A): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJO957WvoE

Medusa’s Final Battle (KIU): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9NGzIrqn4

You Have power… like mine (FE:A): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2nQ3EHrH8s

Dark Pit’s Theme (KIU): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgGsetFrCM

Conquest (Ablaze) (FE:A): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWHLgEEtqmg

Underworld Gatekeeper (KIU): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53tBbhTEfE

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
For some odd reason, I'm trying to upload a photo for my stage, but it isn't loading. Something about a server error. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Last edited:

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Namco Museum
(Various Namco Arcade Games)

https://i.imgur.com/icRsHrm.png

Founded in 1955 as a children's amusement ride company, Namco made themselves a household name after they struck it rich developing many arcade classics of the 1980's. Their smash-hit, Pac-Man, is one of the most popular games of all time and it's guaranteed anyone who has played any videogame has played Pac-Man. Namco's other lineup of arcade classics such as Dig Dug and Galaga also hold a special place in many people's hearts. Ever since the late 90's, Namco rereleases many of these legacy titles under the Namco Museum moniker, making sure new generations (myself included when I played the GBA release as a child) are exposed to these library of classics. Pac-Man himself in Smash Bros. is a varied amalgamation of other Namco properties, but this stage is the true crossover between five of these Namco arcade titles.

https://i.imgur.com/1B3OE2L.png

This level takes place on a giant arcade cabinet, with a flat platform jutting out in front of it being the main fighting grounds. When the match start, the arcade machine in the background boots up, showcasing various sprites from Namco's arcade history flying around. After about 12 seconds, the stage background will begin its transitions into one of five new forms, adding new platforms and hazards, each lasting about 25 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/2N0tWXW.png

PAC-MAN: because of Pac-Maze's absence in Smash Ultimate, the original title is now represented in this form. A various combination of pass-through platforms can be lit up on the maze, with one of the arrangements being seen here. Unlike the original stage, players cannot collect the dots, as a pixelated Pac-Man will do it instead. Taking place on the bottom half of the maze, the ghosts may give chase to Pac-Man, but if he collects a Power Pellet, he will glow slightly and all the ghosts will turn blue. This is your cue to avoid Pac-Man, as he is now a damaging obstacle moving around the maze while the pellet's effects last! Being hit by him will have a similar effect to Pac-Man's final smash, with the player turning into a points marker for a few seconds, but it has much less knockback then Pac's final smash.

https://i.imgur.com/Wf3wtKD.png

RALLY-X: taking place in a locked area of the track with a randomized set of platforms appearing on the top of the square bushes, the little blue car will make its way around trying to collect all the yellow flags while avoiding the red cars. Sometimes, the blue car will let out exhaust fumes, which will slow down any fighter that goes near them, like with the Swirlix Pokeball summon.

https://i.imgur.com/2N0tWXW.png

GALAGA: taking place on the plane of the space fighter, a platform is attached to its underside and moves in tandem with it. The enemy ships will rain down from the top, occasionally firing bullets that will harm fighters in the way slightly. Sometimes, the ship will be taken by the Boss Galaga's tractor beam, removing the platform for a little bit until a new space fighter is spawned in.

https://i.imgur.com/nDNvQ1m.png

DIG DUG: platforms will be randomly generated onto the bases of the empty patches of dirt, and will not go away even if Taizo the digger burrows underneath them. Pookas and Fygars will move around while Taizo tries to pop them, and if they are burst, it will create a popping hitbox that knocks fighters away. If Taizo digs under a rock and it falls down, any fighter that is hit by it will also be launched away, so watch out!

https://i.imgur.com/57RXAtq.png

TOWER OF DRUAGA: platforms are generated randomly on the horizontal walls of the area locked into. Gilgamesh will walk around the maze collecting keys and fighting monsters, but watch out for the dragons! They will breath a large stream of fire, catching any fighter in it like with Bowser's flame breath.

The crossover element of this stage comes from elements from other games crossing over into other games: for example, Pac-Man ghosts can replace the cars in Rally-X, the Fygars can be the dragons in Tower of Druaga, and the Rally-X red cars can chase down Pac-Man. The lights on the side of the stage will pulsate to a beat, and the colors of the cabinet will change with each stage transition.

Unlockable?: Yes (Get every one of Pac-Man's possible combinations in his Namco Roulette taunt)

MUSIC:
Toy Box World (Pac-Man Arrangement) (Remix)
Beginner/Novice (Pac-Attack) (Remix)
Far Out (Pac-Man World) (Remix)
Main Theme (Pac-Man World 2) (Remix)
Dig Dug Medley (Remix)
Galaga Medley (Remix)
Course 1 (Rally-X) (Namco Museum Remix)
Tower of Druaga Medley (Remix)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, I think I've found a work-around. Let's see if it works.

Stage Name:
Calamity Mistholt

Respective Origins:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Dragalia Lost

Gimmicks and Hazards:
Hero Altars, Guardians

Description:
Here, we have the Mistholt, the base of operations for Euden and Co. in Dragalia Lost. But...this looks a little different: malice is seeping from different parts and is inhabiting different parts of the map. Looks like Calamity Ganon decided it had enough of Hyrule and decided to target Aurelia instead. In the midst of this chaos, the Guardians will show up on top of the buildings surrounding the Halidom every 2 minutes and start targeting random players. They take five seconds to charge, and the lasers head for the reticle targeting the character over the course of 1 second. Direct hits deal a whopping 16% damage to the targeted player, but the 3-K. Rool-wide explosion surrounding it can deal half as much. The knockback on the former is about half as much as Finishing Touch, while the explosion does as 75% the knockback of a normal Tatsumaki. To make up for this, the laser and explosion can only damage the targeted player. Every 1 minute, one of five Altars in the background will start glowing, boosting a certain element. The Red Altar boosts the attacks of fire-based characters such as Ike and Charizard. The Blue Altar boosts water and ice-based characters such as Squirtle and Ice Climbers. The Green Altar boosts characters with Wind-based attacks such as Zelda and Cloud with their Farore’s Wind and Blade Beam respectively. The Yellow Altar boosts light and lightning-based characters like Palutena and Pichu. And finally the Purple Altar boosts shadow-based characters like Ganondorf and Mewtwo. No more than one Altar can be glowing at a time, and each Altar’s glow lasts for about 30 seconds. Another minute must pass until a different Altar starts glowing. Fighting Dyrenell can wait; the Calamity is a bigger threat!

Unlockable:
Yes. Defeat Rathalos in Spirits, then summon the Rathalos Assist Trophy (In that order), both while playing as Link.

Music:
Calamity Mistholt Theme
Calamity Ganon Battle Medley (Composed by Shiro Sagisu)
Calamity Ganon Phase 2 (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Hyrule Castle (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Phraeganoth Boss Battle (Dragalia Lost)
Dragon Boss Battle (Dragalia Lost)
Boss Battle (Dragalia Lost)
Dragalia Lost Medley

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, sorry if I've been living under a rock or haven't been reading details, but how will the Iconic Status scoring work in this round? Will there be separate scores based on the games used in the stage, or will there be a total score across both?

D

Deleted member

So, sorry if I've been living under a rock or haven't been reading details, but how will the Iconic Status scoring work in this round? Will there be separate scores based on the games used in the stage, or will there be a total score across both?
One total score across both.

D

Deleted member

I've actually been really excited for this round, it's just this week hasn't exactly panned out as I anticipated. I have an idea, but we'll see if I get a chance to crank it out.
I can always extend the ending time until the end of the day on Saturday if you need me too.

Top Bottom