• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Huzzah! I was pretty proud of this one. I think fighting in the dark on top could be hella fun

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Ah, damn. Guess I should have eased up on the Creeper damage, huh?

Oh well, congrats to Kevandre!

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 17!

Winning the poll at 5 votes, Round 17 is......

Star Fox

Probably Nintendo's most sporadic series in terms of timeline. We had the original, which got a sequel that went unreleased until a year ago, the we did get a release of a remake of the original on the N64, which was rebooted in 2016 for the Wii U, and in between those we got 3 games that continued the story past the Lylat Wars.

tl;dr those games are:
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Star Fox 64
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command
Star Fox Zero

And they are all eligible for this round.

Side Game: Pick Your Top 5 Most Likely Stages

And don't forget that this week is also the week before E3. That means that we'll also be running a little side game where anyone who wishes to do so will pick their Top 5 stages from this contest most likely to be featured at E3. With shoutouts being given after the event to anyone who gets one or more stages correct.

Bear in mind though that stages from Round 17 will be eligible for those Top 5's. So let's say you submit your list and then later on a Star Fox stage gets submitted that would take the place of something on your original submission. You can change your list, but you'll need to take these two steps.

1. Edit the post with your original list to say that it's no longer accurate and that the new revision is later in the thread.

2. Make a new post in the thread with your new list. If you just edit the original post to include your new list there's a decent chance it will go unnoticed.

And with that, on Monday June 4th 2018, Round 17 and the Top 5 Side Game have begun. You have until Friday June 8th to submit Star Fox Stages, and until Saturday June 9th to post your Top 5 most likely stages from this contest.

Good Luck!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just to take a little of the workload off of @psb123 I'll volunteer to keep track of the stages contestants predict and compile them together. When and if you correctly guess a stage, either me or psb123 (whoever is online at the time) will give a shoutout.

Inb4 everyone chooses New Donk City.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just to take a little of the workload off of @psb123 I'll volunteer to keep track of the stages contestants predict and compile them together. When and if you correctly guess a stage, either me or psb123 (whoever is online at the time) will give a shoutout.

Inb4 everyone chooses New Donk City.
I was actually planning for both of us to give shoutouts. But the help in keeping track of Top 5's is welcome.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
[Ah, we're doing Star Fox AND the Top 5 this week. Alright, fine by me. I'll just need a minute to rework my "Top 5" post. In the meantime...]

Ah, Star Fox. Yet another game series I know next to nothing about. That said, there is one game in this series I’ve played extensively - Star Fox: Assault. The multiplayer mode of that game was the go-to when hanging out with my friends, with all the cool weapons and weird planets to play with. In my mind, three planets stick out from that multiplayer mode - the icy wasteland of Fichina, the temples and jungles of Sauria… and the massive, open desert of this stage!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Titania!

You would not believe the lengths I had to go to get reference images for this.

Name of Stage:
Titania

Game of Origin:
Star Fox: Assault*
*Technically it’s from every Star Fox game, but the stage is based off its appearance in Assault.

Description of Stage:
The stage takes place at the top of a base deep in the deserts of Titania. The rock structure and metal base make up the main platform, which has a slant on the right side. Additionally, a passable platform on the right is suspended by a couple pillars of rock. In the background, players will be able to see various features of the desert - large rock spires, massive skeletons, an abandoned tribal village, and a large cliff face deep in the background. Occasionally, some sand will be blown across the screen, but this is purely a visual effect - it doesn’t affect the stage at all.

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
At random intervals (between 10-30 seconds), the storm in the background will begin to pick up momentum. Shortly after, a light wind will blow either left or right across the stage, which pushes players with about half the force of Whispy Woods. Additionally, a few seconds after the wind effect begins…

...a piece of debris will blow across the stage! This debris acts as a passable platform, which travels across the length of the stage in the same direction as the wind. The debris will bob up and down and tilt left and right as it moves, taking about 8 seconds to cross the screen. Shortly after the platform goes offscreen, the storm will die down, and the wind effect will stop.

Music:
VS: Titania (Star Fox: Assault)
VS: Fichina (Star Fox: Assault)
VS: Zoness (Star Fox: Assault)
VS: Sauria (Star Fox: Assault)
VS: Corneria (Star Fox: Assault)
Titania (Star Fox)
Titania/Macbeth (Star Fox 64)
Titania (Star Fox Zero)

There you have it! I tried my best to incorporate various elements from all of Titania’s appearances into this stage, so I hope you enjoy!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
And now for something completely different: my Top 5! Truly, we’ve gotten some really good stages in this contest, and quite a few of them have a solid chance of being included in Smash Switch for real! Well, maybe not in the exact form shown, but the same location, nonetheless. So, without further ado, here is my Top 5 stages that could be included in Smash Switch!

1.New Donk City (by Russell_SSB Russell_SSB )

Yeah, let’s not kid ourselves - we all know this is gonna be in Smash. Super Mario Odyssey was such a huge game, in addition to being Mario’s most recent game, that they have to include one of its kingdoms as a stage. And if they’re gonna include a kingdom from Mario Odyssey, we all know it’s gonna be the Metro Kingdom - aka New Donk City. It’s distinct, recognizable, plastered all over Odyssey’s promotional stuff, and one of the most entertaining kingdoms to play around in to boot! So unless Sakurai pulls a Delphino Plaza and makes it a Kingdom Tour stage (which, in fairness, I could totally see him doing since it would emphasize the theme of traveling in Mario Odyssey), then New Donk City is practically guaranteed.

2.Divine Beast Vah Medoh (by Munomario777 Munomario777 )

Again, let’s not kid ourselves - we all know there’s gonna be a Breath of the Wild stage. Unlike New Donk City, however, this one’s a bit more murky. There’s no one area in BotW that jumps out as way more iconic than all the others (maybe Hyrule Castle or the Great Plateau), so pretty much anything is fair game. That said, this contest produced only two BotW stages - Vah Medoh and the Colosseum. And between the two? Vah Medoh is far more memorable. It’s one of the Divine Beasts (read: main dungeons) of the game, with a setting that’s perfect for a Smash stage (in my opinion, Smash stages were never meant to be on solid ground), and I’d argue it’s the best Divine Beast in the game, so this one takes my #2 vote!

3.Spring Stadium (by Russell_SSB Russell_SSB )

Now we’re really getting into uncertain territory. I was torn between whether I’d put this or the next stage at number 3, but ultimately I decided on this order. While I’m personally not a fan of ARMS (Smash aside, fighting games aren’t really my thing), it’s clear that Nintendo is trying to push this IP like nobody’s business. Even if ARMS doesn’t get a playable rep in Smash Switch (though I think it will), I’d be pretty surprised if it doesn’t get a stage, and Spring Stadium is the obvious choice. Well, probably. Like I said, I didn’t like ARMS much, so I have no clue if other arenas are more notable.

4.Noisy Notebook (by TechPowah TechPowah )

Like I said before, I was torn (heh) between putting this at number 3 or number 4. I favored Spring Stadium for a couple reasons - like I said, I think ARMS will get a playable rep (something I can’t say of Snipperclips), and it’d be weird (though not unprecedented) for them not to have their own stage. Furthermore, I think Nintendo has simply been showing more love to ARMS than to Snipperclips. But all that aside, Snipperclips is still an obvious choice for a stage. It’s an incredibly unique game that Nintendo pushed the hell out of, and I imagine that there will be at least some form of representation for it in Smash.

5.Minecraft (by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict )

Wait, wait, I can explain.

So yes, obviously I wanted to include one of my own stages (really, who can fault me for that? I’m biased). But secondly, I do think it has a shot at being included. Everyone clamors for indie representation in Smash, and I doubt Sakurai hasn’t heard about that. Moreover, Sakurai is familiar with (and has said he enjoyed) Minecraft. And as we all know, Minecraft is absolutely huge in the gaming scene. Finally, to top it all off, Minecraft has been doing especially well on Nintendo Switch specifically, and Nintendo has been shown to have worked with them [edit: by "them" I mean the Minecraft team] on several occasions. Including a Minecraft stage (or, controversially, even a character) in Smash just feels like a no-brainer - practically everyone gets what they want!

And… there you go, that’s my list! I think it’s got a pretty decent shot of coming true, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Slippy’s Workshop
(Star Fox Series)

I should start by saying that I’ve never really played a Star Fox game. I’m familiar with many things from them, but when considering what to put together into a Smash Bros stage from the series, the only thing I could think of were more of the same… Space Battles featuring the Great Fox, basically something we’ve seen on four or five previous Star Fox stages. And I figured it’s probably taken a bit of damage in all that time…

So the Great Fox is in Slippy’s Workshop on Corneria for much needed repairs after a fierce space battle with Star Wolf! I assume that Slippy has a workshop on Corneria, because I have no idea where else he’d do it without much research.

You’ll see in the above image that the Great Fox has seen better days. Slippy has it broken into three separate parts so that he can make repairs on the big space ship from his little scissor lift. You can stand on the scissor lift, but keep in mind that Slippy doesn’t stay in place for too long! He’ll be in one location welding something on the Great Fox like he is above, and then he’ll lower the scissor lift to reposition it somewhere else to begin welding again.

If Slippy goes down with you on the scissor lift, you’ll get KO’d so be sure to pay attention to what he’s doing! He’ll stay in one location for about 20 seconds before repositioning so plan accordingly! He’ll show up in any of the free spaces next to the separated Great Fox’s sides randomly.

Above the field is Slippy’s Arwing, which he has hanging securely from the ceiling. It basically just acts as an extra platform that any character can easily get to from the right side, and some of the more airworthy can get to from the left.

Both the nose of the ship and its tail function as walk-offs on this stage.

Music
Mr. Genius, Slippy Toad (Command): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W5C-AO5c0
Slippy’s Mighty Brain (Command): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm4_k1iIknI
Amanda, Slippy’s Girlfriend (Command): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LaXVZHjDw
Venom (Melee): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcKRroSiOk
Star Wolf’s Theme (Zero): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsfc-ZRP9AU
Space Battleground (Assault): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6543T0HI50
Work Your Body (1080 Snowboarding): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7lGOFMuRo

And here's my top five list of likeliest stages:
(Edited... I guess I should do descriptions like TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict did)

5) Gramps' Back by Kevandre Kevandre (Is it okay to pick one of my own?)

It's almost a certainty that there will be a Xenoblade 2 stage in Smash 5, and I'll stand by that I think this is the most likely one to get into the game based on familiarity people will have with this area, even if they didn't play the game. It was featured heavily in advertising and such and is the first area of the game, I think it's likely.

4) Press Garden Zone by PeridotGX PeridotGX

Sonic Mania was huge. There will probably be a new Sonic stage in the game and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai zeroed in on the game's popularity as a jumping off point. As one of the few original stages that came specifically from that game, I think the Press Garden Zone is a likely choice. It's heralded by most reviewers as being one of the best levels in Mania and I could see it offering uniqueness for sure to Smash Bros. Whether it shows up in the same form as in this contest, I'm not sure. But I think it's a rather likely Sonic stage.

3) Fort Dragonfall by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict

Honestly, I do think that there'll be some Fates representation in this game, even if Corrin gets cut. Fates was a big deal and Sakurai clearly has Fire Emblem Fever. Seeing as how we don't even know anything about FE Switch yet, I feel like it's an obvious choice for him to go to Fates for a new stage rather than Awakening (Which already has one) and SoV (Which I try to forget about). This was a pretty memorable moment in Fates and I think it would be a pretty cool stage, so I pick this one.

2) New Donk City by Russell_SSB Russell_SSB

The thing preventing me from picking NDC as #1 is that I believe that we won't get a straight New Donk stage. I honestly think that we'll get a stage utilizing the Odyssey ship going to all the different kingdoms, but including New Donk. That said, if we don't get one that extreme, this is the next obvious choice. But if you were to think about base games deserving of travelling stages, one called Odyssey matches that need.

1) Noisy Notebook by TechPowah TechPowah

I said it then, and I'll stick with it now- this one seems obvious to me. It can be the new Pictochat stage if need be. I think Nintendo really likes Snipperclips, and will push for something to be in the game. I doubt that the characters will be playable though, so a stage/item is the next thing on the list and honestly the stage seems perfect. I wouldn't really change much from the version in this contest either, it's exactly what I would think of to represent Snipperclips. I think this one is almost a cert.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To answer Kevandre's question of it being okay to pick one of your own stages for the Top 5's. Yes, it is. As long as you think it's likely it doesn't matter who it comes from.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh my god, FINALLY! I've had a Star Fox Stage in mind since, heck, I dunno, three rounds? Anyways, here it is:

Stage Name:
Astropolis

Origin:
Star Fox 2

Gimmicks and Hazards:
Layered towers/platforms.

Description:

(The characters shown from left to right are Ryu, Inkling and yes, that is Gears of War's General RAAM. Impossible dream, I know. Ignore the eraser dust, please.)

Hailing from the until-recently-canceled Star Fox 2, Astropolis is Andross' space station near the sun of the Lylat System. As indicated here, the main platform is at the base of the buildings, which are destructible. The platforms labeled 1a, 1b and 1c are the only ones accessible until they are destroyed. Only when those three have been destroyed will the platforms 2a, 2b and 2c be available. Same with them to access 3a and 3b. When all that is destroyed, the main platform will remain. Each building can take about 40-60% damage before being destroyed based on its size. If there is more than four players, then one platform will be destroyed every 1 minute by Arwings. As you can see above, the platforms are of different sizes and can be used as soft platforms. The bottoms of the slopes on both sides of the main platform can be grabbed on, believe it or not, but no, the hole in the right isn't accessible.

Unlockable:
No.

Music:
Mysterious Space Station (Star Fox 2)
Star Fox 2 Theme
Fortuna + Inside (Star Fox 2)
Venom + Inside (Star Fox 2)
Battleship (Star Fox 2)
Flotilla Battle (Star Fox 2)
Eladard + Inside (Star Fox 2)
Macbeth + Inside (Star Fox 2)
Taitania + Inside (Star Fox 2)
Meteor + Inside (Star Fox 2)

Now then...my Top 5's:

1) New Donk City by Russell_SSB Russell_SSB : This is stage is absolutely one of the most likely stages to be in the next Smash. Mario Odyssey was undeniably successful and popular, and with the fact that Cappy could potentially be in Mario's moveset, this is too big of an opportunity to pass up.

2) Divine Beast Vah Medoh by Munomario777 Munomario777 : As a man who has played Breath of the Wild, this is another stage that's super likely. Sure, there are other potential areas to choose from like Hyrule Castle, the Great Plateau and the other 3 Divine Beasts, but Muno here made this stage one that's super unique and that I'd absolutely love to play on! Breath of the Wild, like Mario Odyssey, is super popular and successful with a level of freedom that rivals of not surpasses Skyrim, a vast variety of combat options and the fact that there's a MOTORCYCLE DLC in the game, calling it a no-brainer for this stage or any BotW stage in Smash Bros is the understatement of the decade.

3) Volcano Dome by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB : Includes a New Funky Mode! Jokes aside, DKC: Tropical Freeze is undoubtably an amazing Donkey Kong game and with a Switch port out now, this would no doubt be a good choice for a new DK stage.

4) Marooner's Bay by PeridotGX PeridotGX : With the Inklings coming to Smash Bros, and the success of two games on Wii U and Switch respectively, a Splatoon stage would work perfectly. This stage in particular just sits with me well despite there being Urchin Underpass and the like, and Salmon Run is a fun game mode imo, despite its difficulty.

5) Noatun by Jubileus57 Jubileus57 : Sure, I'd probably vote for my own stage The Foundry, but we don't know if Doom Slayer is even gonna be in Smash Bros. Bayonetta, on the other hand, we know she's already in Smash, and sure, Umbra Clock Tower is a fun stage, but there needs to be more Bayonetta variety here. I mean, Bayonetta was practically brought from the dead by Nintendo! Anyways, Noatun looks to be an absolutely fun stage and I'd love to try it if this comes to fruition!

D

Deleted member

Since it's already been decided that Round 18 will be the "Anything Goes" Round we now have the poll for Round 19 up. Taking the place of Starfox is a double dip category of Animal Crossing and Pikmin.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Congrats to Kevandre Kevandre for throwing down the gauntlet with one of the best Shovel Knight stages! You seem to be a force to be reckoned with here in this contest.

4th place finish for a Gunvolt stage that performed better than I anticipated is a palpable improvement. I was even head-to-head with the Minecraft stage in that tier too, or something?

Welp, I've got 3 days if I choose to do a Starfox stage. Would this mean the contest ends right as the clock strikes midnight for PST (technically on 6/9?)

Since it's already been decided that Round 18 will be the "Anything Goes" Round we now have the poll for Round 19 up. Taking the place of Starfox is a double dip category of Animal Crossing and Pikmin.
Hoh hoh, I wonder if this was my suggestion? Maybe its time for another radical surprise appearance?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Congrats to Kevandre Kevandre for throwing down the gauntlet with one of the best Shovel Knight stages! You seem to be a force to be reckoned with here in this contest.

4th place finish for a Gunvolt stage that performed better than I anticipated is a palpable improvement. I was even head-to-head with the Minecraft stage in that tier too, or something?

Welp, I've got 3 days if I choose to do a Starfox stage. Would this mean the contest ends right as the clock strikes midnight for PST (technically on 6/9?)

Hoh hoh, I wonder if this was my suggestion? Maybe its time for another radical surprise appearance?
The Star Fox round will end on Midnight after Friday June 8th in Pacific Time. So say you're in EST. That gives you until 3:00am on Saturday June 9th to submit a stage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Thanks man!

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Haven't posted a contest entry in awhile (wanted to do one earlier but was working hard on another project of mine), but nonetheless:

Stage Name:
Fortuna

Origin:
Star Fox Zero

Description:
Fortuna is a tropical planet full of deep vegetation, sprawling vines, and dangerous creatures. It has been a level in four Star Fox games so far, but this iteration is based off of its appearance in Star Fox Zero. Team Star Fox comes here with reports of a bioweapon, which is later revealed to be the Monarch Dodora.

The players fight on an Arwing from the original Star Fox, which can be used in Zero with the Fox amiibo. However, it is slightly redesigned to be a better battling grounds, being a bit larger and having two small platforms situated on its upper dorsal wings. It tilts minor angles like Lylat Cruise. However, unlike Lylat Cruise, the stage itself has hazards that scroll in. A giant venus fly trap can appear, and if a fighter is on top of it, it starts flashing red and then closes its mouth. Sometimes, vines can sprout up, and if it has a targeting reticle over it, it does nothing. However, if no targeting reticle shows up, it is a damaging hazard that launches fighters up with set knockback. As a minute or so progresses in the match and the Arwing goes through its flight path, the Monarch Dodora might appear. It flies in front of the Arwing and roars, and a flashing indicator appears on one of the Arwing's wings. It then shoots a fireball at this part and it engulfs in flames for about ten seconds, causing the Arwing to lean over on the hit side until it eventually hits a silver ring and repairs itself, dousing the flames. Once the Arwing reaches the end of its flight path, it takes a u-turn through a teleporter and repeats its process. The flight path begins the same but might have different results and routes, such as going through a cave or dogfighting a Star Wolf member.

Unlockable?: No

Music:
Fortuna Stage Theme (Star Fox Zero)
Fortuna Medley
Fortuna Retro Stage Theme (Star Fox)
Boss Fight (Star Fox Zero)
Theme From Area 6/Missile Slipstream (Smash 3DS/Wii U Remix) (Star Fox 64)
Star Wolf (Brawl Remix) (Star Fox 64)
Star Wolf (Star Fox Zero)

(I haven't ever played Star Fox Zero but in the playthroughs I've seen Fortuna has the coolest environments)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Haven't posted a contest entry in awhile (wanted to do one earlier but was working hard on another project of mine), but nonetheless:

Stage Name:
Fortuna

Origin:
Star Fox Zero

Description:
Fortuna is a tropical planet full of deep vegetation, sprawling vines, and dangerous creatures. It has been a level in four Star Fox games so far, but this iteration is based off of its appearance in Star Fox Zero. Team Star Fox comes here with reports of a bioweapon, which is later revealed to be the Monarch Dodora.

The players fight on an Arwing from the original Star Fox, which can be used in Zero with the Fox amiibo. However, it is slightly redesigned to be a better battling grounds, being a bit larger and having two small platforms situated on its upper dorsal wings. It tilts minor angles like Lylat Cruise. However, unlike Lylat Cruise, the stage itself has hazards that scroll in. A giant venus fly trap can appear, and if a fighter is on top of it, it starts flashing red and then closes its mouth. Sometimes, vines can sprout up, and if it has a targeting reticle over it, it does nothing. However, if no targeting reticle shows up, it is a damaging hazard that launches fighters up with set knockback. As a minute or so progresses in the match and the Arwing goes through its flight path, the Monarch Dodora might appear. It flies in front of the Arwing and roars, and a flashing indicator appears on one of the Arwing's wings. It then shoots a fireball at this part and it engulfs in flames for about ten seconds, causing the Arwing to lean over on the hit side until it eventually hits a silver ring and repairs itself, dousing the flames. Once the Arwing reaches the end of its flight path, it takes a u-turn through a teleporter and repeats its process. The flight path begins the same but might have different results and routes, such as going through a cave or dogfighting a Star Wolf member.

Unlockable?: No

Music:
Fortuna Stage Theme (Star Fox Zero)
Fortuna Medley
Fortuna Retro Stage Theme (Star Fox)
Boss Fight (Star Fox Zero)
Theme From Area 6/Missile Slipstream (Smash 3DS/Wii U Remix) (Star Fox 64)
Star Wolf (Brawl Remix) (Star Fox 64)
Star Wolf (Star Fox Zero)

(I haven't ever played Star Fox Zero but in the playthroughs I've seen Fortuna has the coolest environments)
I really like your art style. I always enjoy your mockup photos

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Stage Name:
Corneria Precious Metal Ltd.

Origin:
Star Fox Guard

Description: One of Grippy Toad's mining facilities, Corneria Precious Metal Ltd. is protected by the AegisCam system, a really advanced camera system created by Slippy Toad that's ready to take down any threat to the tower in the center.

The stage is a medium sized (but low ceiling), flat arena with walkoffs, with walls in the middle of the stage, that players have to jump to pass over them. Yes, it's a really cramped stage, like the mazes in the original game. A total of four cameras can be at a given time in a stage, they will change position at random times. They can be behind the players or on the top of the walls. 2 of them are regular cameras, while one of them can freeze you, and the last one can slow you down if it hits you. Basically, the cameras will treat the players like the enemies in Star Fox Guard. You can hit them to stun them for a little time, but they are quite sturdy.
A tower is in the middle (there are two platforms in it you can stand), and it can be hit. it is really sturdy, but if it's destroyed, any players nearby (except the one that destroyed it) will receive some damage and major knockback, and all cameras will be set off for some time, until the tower reconstructs itself. Hitting the tower is likely to catch more attention of the cameras.

Unlockable? No

Music:
Star Fox Guard Medley
Main Theme (Star Fox Guard)
Boss Theme (?) (Star Fox Guard)
Venom Inside (Star Fox 2)
Menu (Star Fox Assault)
VS Simple Map 2 (Star Fox Assault)
VS Great Fox (Star Fox Assault)
Tunnel Scene (Brawl) (X)
Tunnel Theme (X-Scape/3D Space Tank)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Name - Sector β
Origin - Star Fox Zero (2016)
Gimmicks - Travelling Stage, Laser Hazards, Star Fox Smash Taunt
Description - See Below

Star Fox, one of Nintendo's more famous franchises, has been around since 1993. The series follows the adventures of a mercenary team, Star Fox, through the Lylat System. The Lylat System is home to many different planets, outposts, sectors, nebulae, and more. Each game has gone forth to show more and more of the Lylat System, by either showing more of what's already there, or by introducing something new. One of these new introductions was Sector β (Beta) from Star Fox Zero. In Star Fox Zero, the Sector β mission takes place within a huge space battle, filled with tons of friendly and enemy spacecraft alike. This stage is based off that mission, so here is a video you can watch that takes you through it. It's known as the "Fan Service" level for a reason!

The above image shows the scale of the fighters to the Arwings that they will be riding on top of. The fighter's sizes are based on the size of the characters in the cockpits, in order to keep the sizes as close to 'one-to-one' I could get. However, I had to take some liberties. Take note that the image isn't necessarily a representation of what the stage would look like in play, though. For recent posts, I'd always add a mock-up of what it'd look like in-game, but because there's so much to this stage, and because I wasn't able to find any clear image I could use, I decided against it. Due to the amount of content packed into this stage, all descriptions of the subsequent parts will be broken into two paragraphs. First describing the visuals of the stage, or what's going on in the background. The second paragraph will describe what's going on with the stage from a physical, or gameplay, perspective.
Part I - Entrance

Starting off, the Arwings hold formation and make their approach into the battlefield, just as they did in the beginning of the actual Sector β level from Star Fox Zero. The Arwings begin to engage enemy fighters, firing lasers at enemy fighters and cruisers. In the background, you see other fighters engaging each other, as well as cruisers firing large laser cannons as each other. You even see Bill and his two units, Husky and Bulldog, engage the enemy as well! The team continues to travel around, until the Dreadnought Tactical Destroyer 'Granby' shows up. Once Granby shows up, one of the Cornerian Flagships fire a laser at the Granby, but it is absorbed by its shields. After the failed hit, the Arwings perform a loop, dropping the fighters into the second part of this stage.

The stage begins atop the Arwings in the formation seen in the beginning of the Sector β level. The Arwings hold this formation pretty tight through the duration of the opening. During their flight, the Arwings may shift a bit upwards and downwards, though not by much. They may also make sharp turns on occasion, causing the Arwings to tilt left and right. The main body of the Arwings cannot be fallen through, however, the wings can. After flying around for about 45 seconds, the Arwings perform a loop, dropping the fighters.

Part II - Flagship

After the Arwings perform their loop, the fighters drop onto the front of a Cornerian Flagship. The Flagship's position is one of the fleet's front-most spacecraft, making it a prime target for the Granby. As the battle goes on, you can see multiple ships in the Cornerian fleet get shot down by the Granby's powerful cannons. You can also see the Arwings the fighters rode in on, as well as Bill and other Cornerian forces engage enemy fighters. The Flagship the fighters are on also fires off a round from the cannon at the Granby, but it still doesn't work, because Granby fires back. The damage sustained causes the Flagship to be destroyed.

This stage acts as one large platform, taking place on the front-most end of the Flagship. The small platforms on the sides cannot be fallen through, through they can be grabbed, as they act the stage's ledges. The large slope cannot be walked on, however, and fighters must jump from the platform's small lip in order to get back up onto the main stage. The large chunks on the sides cannon be fallen through as well. The center platform, however, can be fallen through, as well as the platforms under it. Just watch out, as 10 seconds after landing on the Flagship, the ship begins charging it's main cannon. After five seconds of it charging, it fires a devastating blast straight forward, dealing 35% damage and massive knockback to anyone on the inner two platforms. Percent value and knockback are based off the laser cannon from the Halberd stage. It's high, but takes five seconds to visibly charge up, and only effects a small area. 15 seconds after the Flagship's cannon is shot, Granby attacks, destroying the Flagship.

Part II.V - Flagship Debris

Note that this isn't considered as a full part all on its own. The first 30 seconds take place aboard the undamaged Flagship until it gets hit by Granby. This causes the Flagship to break apart, scattering the pieces. The ledges on the Flagship's sides drift quickly to the sides, the two large portions rotate as they drift off screen, and the center piece rotates forward as it drifts off screen. The pieces continue to scatter out of the camera's view for 15 seconds before the next part begins.

Gameplay wise, the broken pieces of the Flagship drift off into space, but still act as platforms. Some of the pieces turn, causing the platform itself to shift. The centerpiece visually tumbles towards the camera as well, removing the ability to drop through onto the platforms that were once there. Every structure is whole and cannot be fallen through. The debris works both as platforms and obstacles, to try not to get your recovery blocked.

Part III - Arwings

Once the debris has almost completely drifted off screen, the squad of Arwings the fighters flew in on return, once again giving the fighters solid ground to fight on. As they fly forward, they make their way towards the Granby, dodging enemy fire as they make their approach. Once the Granby fires off another shot, the squad slips in the small gap made to allow the cannon to fire. The squad then flies up towards the rear of the Granby, leading to the next part. The Arwing flight lasts 45 seconds before the Arwings dump off the fighters.

Gameplay wise, the Arwings function similarly to how they did during the first part. The platforms take the shape of the Arwings themselves, and may rise or fall a small bit during the flight. As the Arwings make their way onto the Granby, they start to fly upward, causing the Arwings to make a high tilt upward. Don't worry though, there's still enough traction for fighters to keep their footing. The back of the Arwing and the Arwing's nose can be grabbed as a ledge, and Arwings cannot be fallen through.

Part IV - Granby

This part takes place upon the back of the Granby, once the Arwings drop off the fighters. During the fight, you'll see an Arwing go into Walker mode, deactivate a barrier, then go into the Granby. After about 15 seconds inside the Granby, the green shield around the Granby will disappear and the Arwing will fly back out. Once the Arwing makes it out, you can see another Flagship charge its main cannon in the distance, and after five seconds, fires it. Once the cannon hits Granby, it causes the ship to break apart. Rather than breaking into multiple pieces, however, the portion where the fighters are at begins to tilt to the left. As it tilts, you can see more of the Granby being broken apart, all the way until the fighters lose their traction. Through the ship's wreckage, you can even see Katt fly by in her Catspaw.

In terms of gameplay, this part is pretty straight forward. One large and flat platform for the fighters to continue on. The ship stays upright for 30 seconds, until it begins to break apart. As the ship is being destroyed, the platform begins to tilt to the left. After 15 seconds of the platform tipping, the fighters lose their traction and continue onto the next part. The whole part, from the point where the Arwings drop off the fighters, to when they lose their footing, lasts 45 seconds.

Part V - Wolfens

Once again, a squad of fighters saves the, well, fighters. However, unlike the Arwings from before, now the fighters are brawling atop a squad of Wolfens. The Wolfens act similarly to the Arwings of Part III, only travelling to the right instead of the left. In the background, you'll catch glimpses of the Arwings, Katt, Bill, and more all battling it out. The tides are beginning to turn, as the enemy fleet's ships are being destroyed one after another. This fighters will continue to right the Wolfens for 40 seconds, until the final transition, restarting the stage.

Gameplay wise, the Wolfens function identically to the Arwings in Part III, just to the right. The platforms take the shape of the Wolfens themselves, and may rise or fall during the flight, but do so much faster and more erratically. Near the end of the Wolfen's flight, they will begin to scatter much more than usual. This is done in preparation for the final transition. The back of the Wolfen and the Wolfen's nose can be grabbed as a ledge. Wolfens cannot be fallen through.

Part V.V - FreezeFrame

After 40 seconds of riding on the Wolfens, they begin to shift positions a little bit more than usual. In Star Fox Zero, whenever you brush up close with Wolf, time will slow down, creating a dramatic pause where Wolf taunts you. This freezeframe is applied to the stage, where time slows down for the spacecraft, but not for the fighters. During these five seconds, the Arwings will fly in from the foreground, and slowly move into their starting positions. After the five seconds are up, time resumes as normal, and the Wolfens fly off out of the way.

During the transition, the fighters have five seconds to swap from the Wolfens onto the Arwings. If the players are on top of the Arwings, they are safe. If they are still on top of the Wolfens, or are caught in front of them, then they are carried/shoved into the blast zone. Time resumes once the Arwings are back in normal position, restarting the stage. In total, the Wolfen phase lasts 45 seconds, with the last 5 being a transition onto the Arwings. From beginning to end, the entire stage lasts 3 minutes and 45 seconds.
Star Fox Adventures - Meteo

Star Fox: Assault - Sargasso

Star Fox Command - Great Leader, Fox McCloud

Star Fox Zero - Corneria

Star Fox Zero - Sector α

Star Fox Zero - Sector Ω

Star Fox Zero - Star Wolf's Theme

Star Fox Zero - Return to Corneria

Star Fox Zero - Titania

Star Fox Guard - Main Theme

This is by far my most ambitious stage, and it's only fitting, as this is my favorite Nintendo series. I went through a lot of ideas for Star Fox stages, even going as far as to have one completed before working on Sector β. The original one was made after my first entry in the Mario Kart round, and it was based on Krazoa Palace. The camera would follow the fighters as they ran around the sides, causing the stage to rotate. However, with how much effort I've put in previous stages, I felt that the Krazoa Palace stage was a bit underwhelming, and that I needed to do better for Star Fox. Much better. I know there's a lot to cover here, and so if there is anything that needs to be explained a bit better, don't hesitate to ask. By far the most effort I've put into a stage, and I'd hate to lose points because of a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminder that Round 17 ends tomorrow. And that the Top 5 side game ends on Saturday.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
RedEye Chamber
Den of the Beast

Hallow silence & looming dark, both fragile.

(Star Fox Adventures - GameCube)

Description

Once Fox McCloud & Prince Tricky leave for the Walled City & freeing the benevolent King EarthWalker from his prison, he ends up in a labyrinth chamber, where they must retrieve the final Fire SpellStone. The ferocious tyrannosaurus rex king of the RedEye Tribe opens the gate of his chamber, chasing Fox in hopes that crushing him will prolong his reign of terror upon Sauria. It is here where Fox must fell the largest dinosaur the ever roam the Dinosaur Planet.

Here, a hidden angle of the RedEye Chamber leads to this ruined battleground. Two tiled platforms lead down to the wider main platform. Two smaller passable platforms hover along the sides.

Four sprouting Gem Plants grow in plots along the main platforms, with two flanking the edges of the middle platform, and one each under the hovering platforms of the sides. These will sprout overtime, holding health or status items (Maximum Tomato, Metal Box) or an explosive (Bob-Omb) for any player to clutch right out the stem before budding again.

Gimmicks & Hazards

The RedEye Chamber seems rather innocuous for the claustrophobic prison of a bloodthirsty tyrant beast? Watch your back, since this stage will prey on your anxiety, and seeks fighters beyond their faintest of hearts.

Be very careful; King RedEye is stomping about these halls. Thanks to your disturbance, his cravings for blood have just gotten worse. If he’s going to return to his gate for rest, then you better be the last one(s) to escape with your lives.

King RedEye will walk past the hall at random, but you can sense his approach depending on the vibrations of the stage. The player’s controllers will also rumble to the beat of his gnarled feet. But those using a Joy-Con will really dread the looming depth of the echoing stomps against their hands, warning you about his distance from the adjacent hall.

Ssshhhh… did you hear that?

Sometimes he may pass without the slightest care for your scuffling. But the noise level of the battle will trigger King RedEye to investigate the hall once its echoed to a certain volume. Generally, the more attacks there are & the harder they hit at a time, the echoes will become louder. This is tracked by the intensity of the vibration effect on-screen. So be careful timing explosive items, PokéBalls, even Smashing or KOing your opponents at high percents.

These temple walls aren’t the most structurally sound after years of decay, so you might want to mind the craftsmanship.

Debris crumble from the walls above. This punctuates with bouncing down the hall’s walls. (No, they don’t even make contact with you.)

But what happens when you cause too much ruckus? One, angry, dino!

ROOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR!

King RedEye charges down the hall. You’ve really done it now! Even the music sets up your demise (if the King RedEye track is playing) !

When King RedEye is about a quarter from the stage, switches will protrude from one random tile on each platform along the stage.

If a player or a significant load of weight (e.g., an Item Crate, most PokéBall Pokémon) stands on top of the switch for about 3 seconds, it will recede into the floor. This charges one side of two sets of volt generators spaced evenly before & after the halfway hall point. Some characters might even be able to trigger it down with a strong enough angled Side Smash or Down Smash - although this can take unreliably long.

If you power both sides of the volt generators, King RedEye is toast! He’ll back out after getting up.

But what if you can’t get both charges in time? That means we’re boned, right!?

QUICK! To the big switch!

This middle switch requires twice the weight of the smaller switches to activate. This sets an emergency barbed cage around the middle platform. If King RedEye tries to bite down to the center platform, he’ll scream in pain, crawling back into the hall as he whistles. Of course, this also means any fighters outside the cage will take damage & knockback upon contact.

Stay low when the cage first snaps out! It has some really ugly launching power if you get caught between the unfolding sides.

So now we’re down to the worst case scenario. What happens if King RedEye makes it to the stage?

WATCH OUT!

Once you are shut into King RedEye’s jaws, its an instant KO! He’ll immediately recede into the hall once his bite finishes (and is just once each time he visits). He targets whichever platform has the most fighters after passing the final volt generator, so try to isolate yourselves in hope you won’t be the one on tonight’s menu. It's possible to get out of the way or air dodge before his jaws close, however. But that’s not the only problem that could arise:

Those are some incredibly strong teeth! Its completely empty over there now!

Goes without saying the switch that would’ve been on the right now places along the center. It should be easier to shock King RedEye closer to the left switch.

Unlock Method

The 2nd Star Fox stage available from the start. If Krystal is added, serves as her home stage.

Music

King RedEye (Star Fox Adventures)1/2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtOPGAyWXA / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPB5Xx35GTg

Pyramid Puzzle (Star Fox Adventures)3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DDHNA0C_s

Krazoa Palace (Star Fox Adventures)3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVme2EP3t4U

Vs. Sauria (Star Fox Assault)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWZaUzVamo

Titania (Star Fox Zero)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZS8omkFwls

Fortuna (Star Fox Zero)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSWozh0gKc

King Dynal (Fossil Fighters)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6GcVVxwcY

Venom (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcKRroSiOk

1: Default stage theme, when no other tracks are adjusted for frequency.
2: Tracks interact dynamically with in-game events. 1st plays as default, but 2nd whenever the King RedEye is attacking.
3: Remix eligible.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I... actually know nothing about Star Fox, so I'll just do the Top 5.

Number 5: Asome Castle by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict . It's likely that we may get Takamaru as a retro character, and this is the first level of his game. This isn't any higher because Takamaru isn't in yet.

Number 4: Super Bell Hill by GolisoPower GolisoPower . The Sunshine stage in Brawl, the Galaxy stage in 4, there's a trend of using older Mario games to make a stage. While I highly doubt they're going to ignore Oddyssey, I can still see this appearing.

Number 3: SNES Classic by Kevandre Kevandre . With how successful the Classics line has been, it makes sense they would make a stage for it. And unlike my similar stage, yours works!

Number 2: Spring Stadium by @Russel_SSB. Even if ARMS doesn't get a character, I think it's very likely it gets a stage, and this is the only real option for the game.

Number 1: New Donk City by Russel_SSB. With how great Odyssey was, I find it likely it'll get a stage. And aside from Cascade and maybe Cap Kingdom, could it be any other Kingdom? It's possible that we get a traveling stage, but it would still have NDC in it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Heads up for the judges & prospective viewers, some of the images for RedEye Chamber seem to be having some trouble loading together. I recommend refreshing the page 2-3 times in case you notice any out-of-place gaps or lonely captions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright Guys. Round 17 is now closed. See you on Sunday with the grades for it.

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 17 grades!

psb123's grades:

Titania by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict

Iconic Status: 4/5

It's certainly one of the more notable and frequently used planets in Star Fox. Something that they really should utilize more for stage in Smash. The only real problem here is that it's primarily based on the multiplayer mode of Star Fox Assault. I won't deny I had a blast with that game's multiplayer back in the day. But it does kind of take a back seat to the main campaign.

Originality: 6/10

Credit where it's due, the gimmick the of the stage fits for a Desert level and of the very VERY few desert stages in Smash, none of them utilize the idea of a sandstorm. Maybe it's got a lot to do with the proble of the Iconic Status Score but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot here that points out that it's Titania from Star Fox. It could easily be mistaken for a Generic Desert Stage from nearly any franchise. For a Planet as notable to Star Fox as Titania, I think you could do better.

Playability: 10/10

At least your stage doesn't present any super unmanageable obstacles to a good fight.

Overall Score: 20/25

Slippy's Workshop by Kevandre Kevandre

It's canon that Slippy is a mechanic. And any Star Fox fan will recognize the Great Fox. But the fact that this is technically a made-up location that never actually appeared in a Star Fox game might irk some people.

Originality: 3/10

It does have the scissor lifts and a slightly different function for the Arwing. But otherwise it's the exact same stage as Corneria. Just with Walk-offs and bottomless pits in the center.

Playability: 7/10

The problems here mainly come from the right side of the stage. The bottomless pit there looks a little too deep to be able to recover effectively and the walk-off is sealed off in a way that makes the annoying "camp at the edge" strategy even more effective.

Overall Score: 14/25

Astropolis by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Iconic Status: 2/5

Sadly the fact that Star Fox 2 went unreleased until last year hurts your score here. Especially since the only way to officially play it is via a Mini System that people have so far had a lot of trouble finding. Meaning in order to even experience this level, you'd have to be one of the lucky few who happens to own an SNES Classic. Like me ;)

Originality: 8/10

It's certainly something new for a Star Fox Stage. Though it is a gimmick we've seen already with Luigi's Mansion and Wrecking Crew.

Doesn't seem like there are any problems here to me.

Overall Score: 20/25

Fortuna by TKOWL TKOWL

Iconic Status: 5/5

It's a notable planet of Star Fox as a whole and was featured in Star Fox Zero as one of the games most unique levels.

Originality: 7/10

As much as I like the hazards brought by the vegetation I feel like it would have better if those hazards were there on a stage made of vegetation platforms instead of an Arwing flying through the stage it would have better. We've seen the idea of ships flying through Star Fox stages a bit too often now if you ask me. It would be nice to see some more ground based stages to where you're not fighting on top of a ship and Fortuna has a lot of potential for that. I will give you this though, the hazards present at least make this stage different enough from Lylat Cruise. And the Monarch Dodora is a regular hazard instead of a boss hazard which is appreciated.

Playability: 9/10

The only one of those hazards I could see as problem is the ship tilting from Dodora's Fireball. But it's only for 10 seconds and it's not a guarantee that Dodora will always show up on that path the Arwing takes.

Overall Score: 21/25

Corneria Precious Metal Ltd by MrRoidley MrRoidley

Iconic Status: 3/5

Despite it's recent relevance, Star Fox Guard is a pretty forgettable title. It's just a minor spin-off that Nintendo made the wise decision of packing in with Star Fox Zero since they knew it couldn't stand on it's own. And given Zero's poor reception, it's easy to see why people just brush off Guard.

Originality: 9/10

I'll admit I have not played Star Fox Guard. But a lot of the elements here really sound like they'd be faithful adaptations of the source material. I don't think the destruction of the tower needed to be a damaging hazard but other than that I like what I see here.

The tower is the main problem here. Once it's destroyed it causes major knockback to anyone near it save for who destroyed it. For a stage with a low ceiling, that's more of a hazard than it needs to be.

Overall Score: 19/25

Sector β by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB

An original location to Star Fox Zero that is one of the games most memorable levels. Plus you know, Zero is the most recent game and does stick out in the minds of Star Fox fans. Though sadly, it rarely does so in a positive way.

At first glance this stage struck me as too similar to Orbital Gate Assault. And looking through the whole thing, it still kind of does. It does take advantage of it's identity as a Star Fox Zero location to do things that Orbital Gate Assault didn't. So I'll give it that. But it does feel very similar to a level we've already gotten.

Playability: 4/10

The bigger problem with this stage being like Orbital Gate Assault is that Orbital Gate Assault isn't a very playable level. It suffers from transitioning too often to sections that have too little footing. Sadly this stage suffers from that problem as well. So I have to give it the same playability score that I would give to Orbital Gate Assault.

Overall Score: 16/25

RedEye Chamber by Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

Star Fox Adventures has to be one of the weirdest games of all time in terms of reception. People tend to harp on it for being a traditional Star Fox game yet at the same time admit that it's a great game on it's own that they wouldn't harp on if it wasn't a Star Fox game. Either way Star Fox hasn't gotten a lot of games and even it's most recent entries don't exactly sweep the older games under the rug in terms of relevance because, well, a lot of people don't like most of the newer entries.

It's weird reception and the development history behind it are why I still think Star Fox Adventures sticks out well enough to this day. And this stage really captures the feel of being from that game.

Originality: 10/10

This stage is easily in my Top 5 when it comes to most creative ideas this contest has produced. The Items Plants, switches for electrodes and barbed cage, and the constant threat of King RedEye play so SO well into the source material. And King RedEye being triggered by the noise made during the battle? And being able to tell how close he is based on the rumbling of the stage and the falling debris? Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful.

Playability: 9/10

I wanted to give this a 10. But sadly I do think I have to take a point off because of RedEye dealing an instant KO if he bites you. It makes a lot of sense for it to work that way. But Still. However there are a lot of things in place that you could use to prevent King RedEye from making it to you. Which lessens the problem substantially.

Overall Score: 24/25

Cosmic77's grades:

I noticed that the scores for each round are always really close, and we often end with multiple ties. I had always wondered why that was, but I finally realized that it's because psb123 and I are giving most of the stages similar originality scores, even when there's huge differences in creativity.

Starting with this round, I'm really cracking down on my originality scores. If you want to impress me, take a gamble and add more gimmicks to your stage. Doesn't necessarily have to be a hazard, but try to think of something unique. Something that only your stage would possess.

"Titania" by TheMarioAddict

Iconic Status: 3/5

I know it's a little hypocritical of me to say this since Assault already got a stage in Smash, but I don't think this would be a good stage for Smash. Truth be told, it doesn't have many elements in it that would key you in to thinking it's a Star Fox stage, and I'm sure more than a few people would mistake this for a Metroid or Xenoblade stage.

Originality: 4/10

I've already seen you use wind as the main gimmick during the Xenoblade round. I really would've liked to have seen something different from you.

The idea is simple, and I do like the little piece of debris floating around. However, I don't think it was enough to make the stage stand out and feel like a real Star Fox stage.

Overall, your stage is harmless. Don't see a reason to deduct points.

Overall Score: 17/25

"Slippy's Workshop" by Kevandre:

Despite being in repair, it's technically still the Great Fox. That's one of the most iconic things you make a stage out of.

The use of Slippy and his platform was something I enjoyed, but to tell you the truth, I'm a little tired of the Great Fox, and I'm really craving to see something completely different. The workshop idea was a nice concept, but I'd really like to have seen it implemented in another way. Preferably one that doesn't include the Great Fox.

Those gaps have me worried. Feels like there's plenty of places where someone could get meteor-Smashed and get trapped underneath the stage.

"Astropolis" by GolisoPower:

Iconic Status: 2/5

This area has only appeared in Star Fox 2, a game that didn't even exist until the SNES Classic was released. Needless to say, not many people would recognize this place.

Originality: 5/10

I like the space station idea. It's a nice change from the usual fighting scenes we get. The gimmick you went with was also interesting. Seems like you could make a lot of interesting layouts by destroying those towers.

Still, I do wish you would've came up with something a little more exciting. Star Fox is known for it's action, and I don't think you did the series justice here.

The platforms and ledges have me a little confused, but since you clarified that these platforms can be passed through, I don't see anything that could pose as an issue.

"Fortuna" by TKOWL:

Appearing in four games and being present in Zero is enough for me to think this would be a recognizable place.

Love the idea you went with. Having hazards that scroll in from the front makes this feel like a real Star a Fox game. I also like the giant Venus Fly Trap. Really compliments the whole jungle feeling of this planet.

That being said, I really wish you would've described more about the other elements to your stage. I wanted to see what would happen in the cave or during the Star Wolf fight.

Playability: 6/10

Just like with your originality score, my only complaint is that you didn't go into enough detail with your hazards. Knowing exactly how much damage and knockback the Venus Fly Trap deals and how Star Wolf interfered would've helped you here.

Overall Score: 18/25

"Corneria Precious Metal Ltd." by MrRoidley:

Regardless of whether or not you liked this game, you can't ignore it's relevancy. This should still be fresh in people's minds.

Originality: 8/10

The concept is unique to Smash, and you managed to stay true to the original game with the cameras. Letting players destroy the tower in the center to disable all cameras was a nice touch.

The only thing that could make it better is if Slippy could be heard yelling through the intercom.

There's the cameras getting in the way of a battle, but the tower is what really hurt your score. Honestly, there wasn't much of a reason for it to deal knockback to other players. Just deactivating the cameras should be enough of a reward.

"Sector β" by AlphaSSB:

Aside from the Arwings and Wolfens being present in this stage, it's inspired from Star Fox Zero. Just about any notable area from that game warrants a perfect score.

I thought I was done with the typical action scenes we get in Star Fox levels, but you proved me wrong. We've got plenty of unique layouts here, and more than enough hazards to keep things interesting. Really love how much effort you put into your stage.

I'd say my favorite part was the Flagship. Fighting on the debris after it explodes is a very unique concept.

I'm sorry man, but those hazards are powerful. Not to mention the fact that there are dozens of gaps and spaces where a fighter could fall off.

Overall Score: 21/25

"RedEye Chamber" by Sarki Soliloquy:

This game is showing it's age a little. Not sure if everyone would remember it, but I'll give you props for choosing a notable area.

Seems like this would be one of the most hilarious stages we could get in Smash. I can already picture players frantically trying to activate the switches to avoid getting KOd. I can also see people intentionally doing nothing so players with less stock get wiped out quicker.

Playability: 3/10

NEVER go with instant KOs. That's basically suicide on your stage's playability score.

Actually, aside from that and the cage dropping down, there surprisingly wasn't much in your stage that could pose as a problem. If you had remedied the former, I probably would've given you an extra two or three points.

Total Scores:

TheMarioAddict: 37 points

Kevandre: 33 points

GolisoPower: 37 points

TKOWL: 39 points

MrRoidley: 38 points

AlphaSSB: 37 points

Sarki Soliloquy: 41 points

The Winner is..............
RedEye Chamber by Sarki Soliloquy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I tried being more strict with my scores to avoid ties, only for us to once again get a three-way tie for fourth with a few points away from third and second.

Gonna have to work on that.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Good round, congrats to Sarki.

Just a suggeston for the future, maybe add what the current round is in the title and/or the OP? Newer people may be confused, especially with how the OP mentions Round 1 in current tense.

Top Bottom