• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Wait, Let's Go has new Pokemon? I thought it was a Gen 1 remake...
It has one new Pokemon that you can only get in Pokemon Go if you buy the Let's Go games

They were so ready to disapoint, they needed a bait for the hardcore fans.
It's really to bait hardcore Go players. The only way to get this new Pokemon in Go is to buy the new games.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So hum. Apparently, the guy who Claim that Steve from Minecraft is in alongside Vergeben said this about the Square-Enix Characters.

"Nobody knows who the Square Enix rep is. People's jobs would be on the line if it leaked"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...ts_new_game_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6blbnp/

Jesus. What the hell is that Rep to be that ****ing secret? Freaking Belmonts Leaked-

Also, sorry for being biased and euphoric about Hashimoto's tweet earlier at like 3AM for me. It's 99% Nothing...but the man Leaked Frozen World in KHIII forcing Nomura to confirm it in a follow-up interview, leaked FFVII on PS4 and opened his mouth too much about FFVII Remake, so who knows.
I'm just glad someone from Square is open to the support though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So hum. Apparently, the guy who Claim that Steve from Minecraft is in alongside Vergeben said this about the Square-Enix Characters.

"Nobody knows who the Square Enix rep is. People's jobs would be on the line if it leaked"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...ts_new_game_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6blbnp/

Jesus. What the hell is that Rep to be that ****ing secret? Freaking Belmonts Leaked-

Also, sorry for being biased and euphoric about Hashimoto's tweet earlier at like 3AM for me. It's 99% Nothing...but the man Leaked Frozen World in KHIII forcing Nomura to confirm it in a follow-up interview, leaked FFVII on PS4 and opened his mouth too much about FFVII Remake, so who knows.
Nobody knows. Not even Sakurai.

But yeah weird it's such a secret but other characters weren't. Like they're fine leaking Simon and whatnot but only this SE character could cost someone their job.

Shroob

Sup?

If 'no one knows it', maybe it's still in the planning stage of DLC?

Like, I can't believe him when he says 'no one knows it', certainly people know who it is.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If 'no one knows it', maybe it's still in the planning stage of DLC?

Like, I can't believe him when he says 'no one knows it', certainly people know who it is.
I don't think it's a literal "no one knows" more like "if anyone say who it is. They get Yakuza'd by Square Enix"

Calane

Smash Ace
I don't think it's a literal "no one knows" more like "if anyone say who it is. They get Yakuza'd by Square Enix"
This is what makes me think that this supposed Square Enix character isn't somebody that people have been talking about. If it were someone like Geno, a character people have been "leaking" with no problem for quite a while now, then this secrecy probably wouldn't be necessary. If it's a character that would cause people to lose their jobs, it must be someone that Nintendo/Square Enix figure nobody would be talking about unless some information slipped out. It's probably also because this character's announcement is being saved for something big.

Perhaps my bias is showing a bit, but I can't help but think it's a Dragon Quest character for a couple of reasons. Nobody really talks about the series in regards to Smash, DQ's inclusion would be a pretty big deal, and Nintendo/Square Enix would have cause to get suspicious if everyone suddenly started talking about Erdrick (or some other DQ character) being confirmed for Smash. Basically, I feel that this character is someone that nobody really considers much at all, so it would be easy for Square Enix to know someone leaked secret info.

Am I looking too deep into this? Yeah, probably. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely off the mark here.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Like, the biggest offender of potential leaks I'm seeing here is the Prima strategy guide.

Like, they're not going to start production the week before the game comes out, it would not surprise me if they went to print in late October/November, and all it takes is one rogue guy to rip the pages out and leak it online.

This is my biggest 'fear' with waiting until November to show the last few characters.

Between the BOX, the European box with the mural on it, and the guide, there are going to be a LOOOOOOT of things that just 'have' the roster in them, and all it takes is one man to ruin the surprise.
Nah, Nintendo is being super secretive with the roster. They'd never tell the random guy who writes the strategy guide what the final roster is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can't say I really care for its design, but it still has a chance to win me over if it has interesting pokedex descriptions or future evolutions. I don't actively dislike it, so its got that going for it at least.

Normally I wouldn't spoil this sort of thing for myself if I can help it but I'm not getting Let's Go, so why not?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This is what makes me think that this supposed Square Enix character isn't somebody that people have been talking about. If it were someone like Geno, a character people have been "leaking" with no problem for quite a while now, then this secrecy probably wouldn't be necessary. If it's a character that would cause people to lose their jobs, it must be someone that Nintendo/Square Enix figure nobody would be talking about unless some information slipped out. It's probably also because this character's announcement is being saved for something big.

Perhaps my bias is showing a bit, but I can't help but think it's a Dragon Quest character for a couple of reasons. Nobody really talks about the series in regards to Smash, DQ's inclusion would be a pretty big deal, and Nintendo/Square Enix would have cause to get suspicious if everyone suddenly started talking about Erdrick (or some other DQ character) being confirmed for Smash. Basically, I feel that this character is someone that nobody really considers much at all, so it would be easy for Square Enix to know someone leaked secret info.

Am I looking too deep into this? Yeah, probably. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely off the mark here.
Nah, I think the same.
Ridley, No Cut, Simon Belmont, Snake back, potentially Incineroar, Ken and now Freaking maybe on Steve from Minecraft?!

But that Square-Rep? Hot damn no one know it's name. I'm really starting to think it's a surprise instead of a fan Favorite.
A big surprise...
I genuinely think a Dragon-Quest rep is here... Maybe not Erdrick, but Eight for his worldwide recognition?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The new Pokémon is a nut atop some sort of lumpy substance.

It's name shall be Dough-Nut.

Wonder if it'll be too late to sneak in a trophy for it in Smash.

Calane

Smash Ace
Nah, I think the same.
Ridley, No Cut, Simon Belmont, Snake back, potentially Incineroar, Ken and now Freaking maybe on Steve from Minecraft?!

But that Square-Rep? Hot damn no one know it's name. I'm really starting to think it's a surprise instead of a fan Favorite.
A big surprise...
I genuinely think a Dragon-Quest rep is here... Maybe not Erdrick, but Eight for his worldwide recognition?
I actually think Eight would make sense. Though, if Eight were to be chosen, I wonder if he'd just be called "Hero" on the select screen.

Whoever it may be, it's really starting to seem like a DQ character might be coming. I can't allow myself to get too hype, though. Don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The new Pokémon is a nut atop some sort of lumpy substance.

It's name shall be Dough-Nut.

Wonder if it'll be too late to sneak in a trophy for it in Smash.
It's clearly a ditto evolution, so it shall be known as Clonut.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I actually think Eight would make sense. Though, if Eight were to be chosen, I wonder if he'd just be called "Hero" on the select screen.

Whoever it may be, it's really starting to seem like a DQ character might be coming. I can't allow myself to get too hype, though. Don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Same... Really. Same.
But I'm hyped nonetheless, just the mere perspective that we might get another Square-Enix Characters makes me incredibly hype, too bad not a lot of people realize the miracle that it is-

Whenever it's Geno, Erdrick, Eight, Sora, Or a ****ing Goblin from FF I will be hype.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

And honestly as much as a want Geno I think Sakurai would rather add another big franchise to Smash.

Calane

Smash Ace
And honestly as much as a want Geno I think Sakurai would rather add another big franchise to Smash.
That's a good point to consider. And DQ's one of the biggest franchises not yet added to Smash. Heck, the series has already crossed over with Mario twice before. I can see it happening, but I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too high.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd sooner expect Crono over Dragon Quest and/or Kingdom Hearts. Not that I believe we'll get a new SE newcomer or anything.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'd sooner expect Crono over Dragon Quest and/or Kingdom Hearts. Not that I believe we'll get a new SE newcomer or anything.
That would be Fantastic.
I swear if we ever get Crono and Someone complain, they're the most ungrateful person ever since even Square try to forget they did it beside Mobile remake/re-release

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
“God I hope the box theory isn’t real”
(Steve gets leaked)
“HOLY **** PLEASE LET THE BOX THEORY BE REAL”

D

Deleted member

As far as SE characters go, the ones I consider possibilities are:
Classic FF character
Want: 4/5
Chance: 1/5
I'd love one, regardless of who it is, but the "FFVII" logo on the website kinda kills their chances.

Another FFVIII character
Want: 1/5
Chance: 2/5
Don't really see another one being added, Sephiroth is the only one of them that's on an equal as Cloud and the only one of them I wouldn't mind besides an Echo.

Geno
Want: 0/5
Chance: 4/5
I really don't care for Geno. At all. Don't get why he's so popular. But he is, and Sakurai wants him in, so I'll be surprised if he ISN'T in.

Sora
Want: 3/5
Chance: 3/5
Sora is that middle ground that I can see being added but also find it hard to happen. I enjoyed KH3D and while I'm no big fan of the series, I really wouldn't mind him and think he would be fitting.

Dragon Quest character
Want: 2/5
Never played a DQ game but I know it's popular so it might happen. Again, no one is really up as high as Geno so they're more of a "if it somehow isn't Geno" kinda deal like Sora.

Crono
Want: 5/5
Chance 1/5
I hate you Square. He isn't gon a happen so all I can hope is that SSF2 adds him if I wanna play Crono in Smash. Tines like these make me wish Sakurai was a CT fan.

Neku
TWEWY isn't as big as other SE but hey, at least they didn't let it rot for eternity. I still want to get into it and I like Neku's design so I would be happy if he actually ever happened.

Octopath Traveler character
As far as base game goes? Yeah, no. But Octopath was a success so I could easily see it get something for DLC and hopefully, Sqaure won't let it have an untimely death.

Lara Croft
Want: 1/5
Don't really care for Lara Croft but that's my personal bias. Her over the RPG characters from Square seems like a very Sakurai thing to do so I wouldn't put it past him. Only reason she isn't higher is because Sakurai never exoressed interest in her character

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
“God I hope the box theory isn’t real”
(Steve gets leaked)
“HOLY **** PLEASE LET THE BOX THEORY BE REAL”
It's bias, but I see it as the exact opposite.

"Box Theory means we only got 2 characters left, Ken and Incineroar, don't expect anymore."
"We're getting so many characters, MINECRAFT, A PHONE GAME CHARACTER, AND AN SE REP!"

I see nothing but positivity in this thread about these rumors (not leaks), which is why I'm not posting until something new happens. I'm obviously in the minority here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Looks like a honeycomb from Banjo Kazooie on top of a blob
Awww, it's cute!
When are we gonna be able to play it in Smash Bros?

I know I'm a broken record but:

October Direct

Drop the last few characters/stages

Start a "Global test smash" in November after the new Switch/Controllers come out that lasts until the game comes out

There, you've managed to avoid leaking the entire remaining roster(hah), while keeping people hyped until the game launches.
I agree. October Direct's been on my radar for months.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So it's been a while since we had a picture leak uh?
Well, here's one from 4chan. Discuss.

D

Deleted member

remove Paper Mario, Shantae, Lip, red suit guy, Mother brat and YoKai creature and add Ken as costume for Ryu and we are fine.^^
Why do some people like having fewer characters?
That looks really bad and I can't believe someone genuinely wants me to believe this ****

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblast181

Smash Rookie
NNID
bigblast181
3DS FC
1934-1420-5506
Switch FC
SW 8295 7726 8006
I think it's fake. The hair and the face doesn't seem right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom