• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So hum. Apparently, the guy who Claim that Steve from Minecraft is in alongside Vergeben said this about the Square-Enix Characters.

"Nobody knows who the Square Enix rep is. People's jobs would be on the line if it leaked"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...ts_new_game_by_snk_just_announced_in/e6blbnp/

Jesus. What the hell is that Rep to be that ****ing secret? Freaking Belmonts Leaked-

Also, sorry for being biased and euphoric about Hashimoto's tweet earlier at like 3AM for me. It's 99% Nothing...but the man Leaked Frozen World in KHIII forcing Nomura to confirm it in a follow-up interview, leaked FFVII on PS4 and opened his mouth too much about FFVII Remake, so who knows.
I'm just glad someone from Square is open to the support though.
So what's this about Hashimoto's tweet?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Thag lokks really bad and I xan't believe someone genuinely wants me to believe this ****
It's.. kinda okay pretty bad but still better looking than ****ing Chrom-

think it's fake. The hair and the face doesn't seem right
Apparently it's his SF III design

So what's this about Hashimoto's tweet?
Hashimoto the co-creator of KH answered "Yes!" To a tweet asking "Hashimoto-san Please?" in Japanese with the #Sora4Smash and a fake cut-in of Sora getting in.
Probably to not create any problem he deleted his tweet Sanic Fast-
99% it was nothing 1%NDA

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
It's bias, but I see it as the exact opposite.

"Box Theory means we only got 2 characters left, Ken and Incineroar, don't expect anymore."
"We're getting so many characters, MINECRAFT, A PHONE GAME CHARACTER, AND AN SE REP!"

I see nothing but positivity in this thread about these rumors (not leaks), which is why I'm not posting until something new happens. I'm obviously in the minority here.
Phone game character??

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It’s kinda sad how we keep jumping from one terrible leak to another
Like next it’s gonna come out that Banjo’s an assist trophy

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it'd cool getting characters like him. We already got Bomberman and Shovel Knight.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah it's bad, and this is coming from someone who loves every Pokemon
I am also someone who loves every Pokemon
You leave the poor baby alone, I don't care how ugly it is :mad:

Jokes aside, "fake leak" or not, I actually genuinely like it more than most of the Gen I Pokemon lol

Don't jinx it-
That'd be fine though
I'm desperate for any kind of representation from Banjo (And SMRPG for that matter)

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Little did we know. The Grandblue Characters is just Sakurai adding his waifu in the game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why don't you make me!
Had just edited my post, but jokes and pity aside, fake leak or not, I kinda genuinely like it more than a lot of the final designs of Gen I pokemon.
Haha, but that's mostly because I think a lot of Gen I pokemon are kinda boring and uninteresting.

Little did we know. The Grandblue Characters is just Sakurai adding his waifu in the game.
I did research on Katalina and decided he'd also be adding my waifu in the game.

Especially if she takes her card dress/luck be a lady outfit with her as an ult

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Why do some people like having fewer characters?
As more fighters you add as more the chance increase that they are not unique anymore. this is why I want to have a plant pokemon as new fighter. There is Charizard, Greyninja and here I miss a plant Pokemon. In general Pokemon is "nice to have but not very important" to me (I do not even understand why Yoshi was removed from German Cover and Pikachu was moved up, although there is still the Pokemon Trainer on the cover for Pokemon), but for an interesting fighter collection a new plant pokemon would add more color to the rooster.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
remove Paper Mario, Shantae, Lip, red suit guy, Mother brat and YoKai creature and add Ken as costume for Ryu and we are fine.^^
Yo this is going to sound crazy

but

There seem to be these things called "echo fighters"

and maybe Masters would fit in that role better instead of as a costume for Ryu

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As more fighters you add as more the chance increase that they are not unique anymore. this is why I want to have a plant pokemon as new fighter. There is Charizard, Greyninja and here I miss a plant Pokemon. In general Pokemon is "nice to have but not very important" to me (I do not even understand why Yoshi was removed from German Cover and Pikachu was moved up, although there is still the Pokemon Trainer on the cover for Pokemon), but for an interesting fighter collection a new plant pokemon would add more color to the rooster.
Ugh, don't remind me...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You said remove Paper Mario bruh. Would be a great opportunity for a unique gimmick

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yoshi got removed to make place for Pikachu because of the rating thingy

The yellow mouse is more recognizable than Yoshi after all

D

Deleted member

First off, that doesn't really have anything to do with my question.
Second, we... literally already have a Grass Pokemon...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought his Waifu was all of the Fire Emblem Characters through the years-
Nope, I learned it first hand from Sakurai when I met him in the bus yesterday.

EDIT: You mean except Lyn?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've never played Minecraft but Steve getting in doesn't bother me in the slightest.

He's almost the face of a new generation of gamers and that's okay.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nah, they wouldn't make a fan favorite character such as Shantae just a mere AT
It's fake
It has to
I have to level with Shantae fans. I'm a big fan of the Shantae series. I love the music. I love the gameplay. I love the characters. I love the humor and I love the fact that the fan service is so tongue in cheek but never obnoxious. I'm thrilled that the series has gone from one cult classic that maybe 5 people actually knew about and were willing to pay thousands of dollars for to a four game series that's a favorite among speed runners and spurred an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign with sprawling DLC. Shantae herself has a great design, is exploding with personality, and has incredible moveset potential. Despite all this, I don't think it would be a huge crime if she were DLC or even an assist trophy.

The Shantae for Smash fanbase is one of the youngest in the Smash community. If we're totally honest, she didn't have much push until the Smash Ballot in 2015 and that was only after Matt Bozon said he'd be totally cool with her getting in. In about that timespan is when people started considering her a gaming icon, especially on the indie front. Again, it's totally deserved and I'm glad that there's such a push to get her in but, kind of like Waluigi and Bandana Dee, there isn't a huge sense of urgency to have them playable. All three of these characters definitely have a future ahead of them, no doubt getting frequent playable spots in their respective franchises and no doubt will continue to have strong support.

I want to emphasize that I'm not saying this because of Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight was largely in the same boat popularity wise with one major game and significantly younger than Shantae. Great character but his perceived chances were hilariously overblown and, like Yacht Club said, him getting an AT despite this was an enormous honor. In a fair world, Shantae would have had noticeable support as far back as pre-Brawl but she didn't. In my eyes, she's always been the leading Indie character but her being an AT, at least in this game, wouldn't be the grave insult that people imply it would be. I'm still pulling for her to be DLC but, if she misses the proverbial boat, she will definitely have a strong fanbase to back her up in the next Smash. This all said, I feel like it's only a matter of time until she's playable and I don't want people to be sad or angry if it doesn't prove to be this time.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid and Black Knight are the only unaccounted first party characters who had Mii Costumes.

I wonder how they'll appear in the game. Hopefully Skull Kid is playable, wouldn't complain about Black Knight either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom