• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fanart

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I got an idea, so feel free to do it if you want.
I just imagined what could resemble Snake Final Touch if he was in Persona 5 : he would put C4 on his opponent, walking towards the camera, then pushes the button. Then,there would be his Final Touch screen, with written behind the stylized Snake, the button in his hand, staring at the camera : "I'm done here."

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Just came across this thread. Can I suggest art of Xurkitree invading the roster?

(Preferably standing on high grounds with an ultra wormhole in the sky)

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like that Yoshi tax meme. The meme is stupid and it has become far too viral. When are people going to stop associating Yoshi with this stupid meme?

(I.e. whenever Yoshi is brought up in conversation or whenever there is a creative work (such as art / video) which includes Yoshi along with other characters, people always portray Yoshi as a tax evader. This needs to stop.)

Regarding the artwork itself -- I like it (except for the Yoshi tax part), and the Yoshi tax meme part of it ruins it (for me at least).

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I really hate that Yoshi tax meme. The meme is stupid and it has become far too viral. When are people going to stop associating Yoshi with this stupid meme?

(I.e. whenever Yoshi is brought up in conversation or whenever there is a creative work (such as art / video) which includes Yoshi along with other characters, people always portray Yoshi as a tax evader. This needs to stop.)

Regarding the artwork itself -- I like it (except for the Yoshi tax part), and the Yoshi tax meme part of it ruins it (for me at least).
In that particular instance, it makes him feel excluded from everyone...

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
In that particular instance, it makes him feel excluded from everyone...
Agree, Yoshi is excluded from everyone in the artwork.

I just don't understand why this Yoshi tax meme has become so popular and so viral. It's not a funny meme because it's harming Yoshi's image, and it's making fun of him. It's like most people don't mind treating Yoshi badly. Why doesn't it bother people that an iconic Nintendo character is being portrayed as a criminal? It should offend people. Even people in this thread seem to be OK with it (given the fact that more than 10 people liked the artwork in question).

The Yoshi tax meme has spread uncontrollably and rapidly throughout the Internet, tainting nearly every creative work or conversation with Yoshi in it. Now when one goes to any YouTube video about Yoshi, all of the comments about it are about the stupid tax meme (not about the video itself). And to make matters worse, all of those comments have hundreds (sometimes even thousands) of likes.

Someone should alter that particular piece of artwork so that Yoshi is doing something not associated with the meme -- or I'll alter it myself.

There is so much right with this picture.
The picture will not be "right" so long as Yoshi is portrayed as a tax evader.

Edit: Regarding this thread itself, I request that more Yoshi artwork be posted (artwork that does not involve the tax meme).

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I really hate that Yoshi tax meme. The meme is stupid and it has become far too viral. When are people going to stop associating Yoshi with this stupid meme?

Anything can become a meme. Some random joker decided to post a comment saying "Yoshi Committed Tax Fraud" and a follow up image on some website, it got a lot of views, and now it's an internet meme. Nothing is exempt from the possibility of becoming a meme. It happened to Greninja with the nerf memes and Bowser (well, technically Bowsette). I know it's your main and all, but the internet will be the internet, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
Anything can become a meme. Some random joker decided to post a comment saying "Yoshi Committed Tax Fraud" and a follow up image on some website, it got a lot of views, and now it's an internet meme. Nothing is exempt from the possibility of becoming a meme. It happened to Greninja with the nerf memes and Bowser (well, technically Bowsette). I know it's your main and all, but the internet will be the internet, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
At the very least, people could try to refrain from using it so much. It's lazy for people to say "what do we do for Yoshi? Oh, let's just do the tax fraud meme again". What the meme does (attacking Yoshi's moral character) shouldn't be considered funny.

Plus, there is the fact that this meme has been going on for a very long time (with some saying, "why won't this meme go away?") At a certain point, if a joke is told too many times, it stops being funny, even if one thinks it's funny to begin with.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789

Oh trust me, the artwork is amazing but the crummy attempts of humor sours the taste at times. *cough* Young Link *cough*
(Seriously that meme was, is and never will be funny. Let it die)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The image won't show.
Huh I wonder why...

Its Master Chief gives king his Smash invitation to Banjo due to him not having been in a game i an decade. Also because Master Chief himself is getting an newgame next year. It's really touching and heartwarming that I couldn't also resist adopting it as an headcanon of mine.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Huh I wonder why...

Its Master Chief gives king his Smash invitation to Banjo due to him not having been in a game i an decade. Also because Master Chief himself is getting an newgame next year. It's really touching and heartwarming that I couldn't also resist adopting it as an headcanon of mine.
I see.
Oddly enough the image showed up when I replied...

Let me try posting it:

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like that Yoshi tax meme. The meme is stupid and it has become far too viral. When are people going to stop associating Yoshi with this stupid meme?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1085320705095413762

Yoshi is a tax frauder. Deal with it boy :awesome: !

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979

It's just a meme dude. Not something to get worked up over.

Oglagold

Smash Cadet
I drew a Corrin
Funny how most of my friends main him
and by most, I mean all two of them.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey Perkilator Perkilator i appreciate your finds but just a reminder to not double post. Use the edit button instead. c:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

This fanart here is one of my favorites. (I'll make sure to put in the next versions when CP #5 & the other DLC is revealed.)​

Top Bottom